• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Deus Ex: HR is nearly a perfect prequel. I am really not that far in, I don't think, but it's just such a great experience.
I dunno enough about the Deus Ex universe to proclaim it a "perfect prequel," but I can definitely vouch for the "great experience" part. I'm loving the game so far. The gameplay is solid, and I LOVE (read: ****ING ADORE) the cover system. It is so unbelievably intuitive. I got into a a couple of gunfights at the beginning of the game (I tried sneaking! :c) and I felt like a moviestar badass, bobbing and weaving in and out of cover to take shots at my enemies.

Most of my time was spent talking to every single NPC and looking for eBooks, though. It's a rare thing for me to be this interested in a video game's setting; I think it's something about the presentation, and the pacing of the overall story, that's plugging me right in. I really hope it keeps this up.

Smooth Criminal

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God San Andreas was such an amazing game. It had gangs, it gave you twice the vehicle variety that GTA4 has, it gave you more geographic variety, the missions were awesome, you could control territory, the story was cool, etc.

Literally the amount of things that San Andreas had was mind blowing and then when I look at GTA4 it was such a huge step back from the precedent that San Andreas had set

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LA Noire was great.

My only gripe was that it was a little bit too linear at times. I would have loved if it was really as sandbox-y as other Rockstar games.

Smooth Criminal

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is that the game where you play as an origami animal and have to stay out of the rain to avoid getting soggy and falling apart?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Somehow that doesn't surprise me.
well it was pretty repetitive imo. It was drive from point A to point B to find evidence, then go to point B to point C to interrogate someone, then go to point C back to point A again to interview the person who just happened to be standing there, then you go back to the police station to interrogate someone else, then go back to point B to interrogate the person you didn't have enough information to interrogate earlier, and so on and so on

It's just a lot of walking and driving back and forth from what I had played. Besides, I also didn't like the lack of a good shooting system and I wish it was possible to do some running over people or destroying other police cars without consequences

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Is that the game where you play as an origami animal and have to stay out of the rain to avoid getting soggy and falling apart?
That sounds a lot more interesting than what Heavy Rain actually is.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MGS4 was a great game for the first two chapters. Then in the last two chapters it turned into a great movie.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
90 minutes is usually considered the minimum length of a movie.

But that doesn't change the fact that the endgame is way too cutscene heavy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
MGS4 was a great game for the first two chapters. Then in the last two chapters it turned into a great movie.
Agreed. While I liked how much gameplay the first 2 chapters had, I didn't hate all the cutscenes it had later though.
Still, I wished it was more balanced like MGS1 and 3.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I love cutscenes, I don't mind them as long as there's gameplay, I have yet to play MGS4 though, I plan on getting the HD Collection soon though. :3

:phone:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
MGS4 had the best boss fight of all time though.

Well, assuming you're a fan of the series and played the others. It's the nostalgia rush that gets you.

Especially the MGS3 fist fight. ooooooooooooooooooomg

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I should really play those games.

But, like, I've never done so. Although I have them. Just like Zone of the Enders 2. Just like RE4. Just like alot of games.

You should REALLY see my backlog.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wish that last fight also had the original MGS theme also. Obviously Kojima didn't want to though, but oh well.
Out of all the games, MGS3 had my favorite last boss fight. 4 was cool, and I reallly liked 1's.
I should really play those games.

But, like, I've never done so. Although I have them. Just like Zone of the Enders 2. Just like RE4. Just like alot of games.

You should REALLY see my backlog.
I never could find ZoE since I got a PS2 late. But I'll definitely pick up the HD copies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Well, assuming you're a fan of the series and played the others. It's the nostalgia rush that gets you.

You mean the final boss? Yeah, it was good but I wouldn't say it's my favorite.

I personally loved the sniper battle with The End in MGS3. It was really tense without being action-filled. It was especially challenging if you tried to ambush him to get his camo (which you should do because it's the best camo in the game).

The Boss was also a good fight although it frustrated me a lot. I thought a nice touch in that battle was how "Snake Eater" starts fading in after 5 minutes.

Then again, I just really like that song.
What a thrill...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Oh of course I'm a huge fan, I remember fondly playing the original PSX version as it was one of the first games I ever owned, I love the fist fight from it and the music is incredible IMO. <3

:phone:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
With darkness and silence through the night...

What a thrill...

The Boss was awesome, but she's still terrible at rock, paper, scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom