• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't see many of them anymore, but I remember when I submitted a bunch of avatars I made for the site. Was happy as a pig in mud when they actually added mine. Still have that :awesome: feeling when I see someone using one. ^_^

I think I've used this avy/variation of for about 2 or 3 years now.

I know my previous ones included Ganondorf and Guts (Berserk)

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
My god, I finally finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadows on Hard Mode. The ending boss battle and ending itself...what a twist! This beat God of War and Bayonetta by miles as my favorite whatevergenretheyarethingamajig IMO.
I would have liked the game more if there were less puzzles.....I'm terrible at puzzles. But the story was pretty cool though.

finalark

SNORLAX
I couldn't get into Lords of Shadow. The game was just so... average. I got to Cornell then called it quits due to the game just being very underwhelming.

The story was pretty cool, though. I looked up the cenmatics on youtube after trading in my copy because I wanted to know how it ended. I really didn't like the whole "lulz it was
Satan
the whole time" thing but the rest was pretty neat. If they don't make a sequel in the new timeline started by LoS then Konami should just kick Lament of Innocence out of cannon and make Lords of Shadow
Dracula's origin story.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I couldn't get into Lords of Shadow. The game was just so... average. I got to Cornell then called it quits due to the game just being very underwhelming.

The story was pretty cool, though. I looked up the cenmatics on youtube after trading in my copy because I wanted to know how it ended. I really didn't like the whole "lulz it was
Satan
the whole time" thing but the rest was pretty neat. If they don't make a sequel in the new timeline started by LoS then Konami should just kick Lament of Innocence out of cannon and make Lords of Shadow
Dracula's origin story.
If the sequel to Lords of Shadow was 2D like most of the Castlevania games then I would be pretty happy. Or if they made it 3D with less puzzles, because I enjoyed the combat much more than the puzzles.

finalark

SNORLAX
If the sequel to Lords of Shadow was 2D like most of the Castlevania games then I would be pretty happy. Or if they made it 3D with less puzzles, because I enjoyed the combat much more than the puzzles.
I think that its a good idea, but the thing that really killed it for me were the ****ty Colossus battles, the bad platforming and the fact that the game lacked the Castlevania feel for me. Honestly, it felt more like they started making one game, then decided to make it a Castlevania game about half way through.

I was really hoping that LoS would be the first non-average 3D CV but I was let down in that department.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because premium is back, so there are more prankers and victims.

Also, Portal is now free on steam.

Get that **** ASAP.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://kotaku.com/5840901/
I don't NEED another Resident Evil game! I have Ouroboros.
In less than five fiscal quarters, Capcom will reach the optimal market for game deployment! RE6 will be released into the stores, ensuring complete...

...GLOBAL...

...MEDIOCRITY!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the coordinates are for somewhere in Thunder Bay, Canada. It would make more sense if the person making this teaser just didn't know how to write latitude and longitude and it was supposed to be somewhere in Antarctica instead, but whatever.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
In less than five fiscal quarters, Capcom will reach the optimal market for game deployment! RE6 will be released into the stores, ensuring complete...

...GLOBAL...

...MEDIOCRITY!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the coordinates are for somewhere in Thunder Bay, Canada. It would make more sense if the person making this teaser just didn't know how to write latitude and longitude and it was supposed to be somewhere in Antarctica instead, but whatever.
Wonder what a "complete reboot" means. If its narrative related I don't care but if it means back to the gameplay roots then I'm intrigued.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Some stuff I heard is that the two playable chars in RE6 are gonna be Jill and Leon. Strange combo. Ada will also be featured.

No love for Claire, Rebecca, Barry, Hunk, or Carlos.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Some stuff I heard is that the two playable chars in RE6 are gonna be Jill and Leon. Strange combo. Ada will also be featured.

I thought that was just rumors, but I would LOVE for Leon to be in an RE game again because everything he touches is gold.

The coordinates for the game is a place in Canada, like I said, so maybe a hint at Barry?

If there's a Mercenaries mode in this (and I don't see why there wouldn't be), Hunk will probably at least be in that.

But yeah, everyone else you said doesn't get a lot of love.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I would have liked the game more if there were less puzzles.....I'm terrible at puzzles. But the story was pretty cool though.
I actually enjoyed the puzzles except
for the ground pound puzzles. those really messed me up and I had to retry multiple times.
Yeah, the story was really engaging for me.

Satan
Dracula's origin story.
It was the opposite for me. At the beginning, I didn't have any expectations but as I advanced, I got more and more into the game.

I thought it was a good twist but yes, the story was cool. I personally liked the
post credit ending where Gabriel becomes Dracula and now Satan is planning revenge against him and Zobek and it takes place in modern times.
Reminds me of Soma Cruz. Yes, I agree. Shame that this Castlevania is a separate canon.

I also loved the nods from the previous Castlevanias like
how the Combat Cross is nicknamed the Vampire Killer, the theme in Pandora's Box and Dorin, Cornell, Carmella and Brauner being in the game in someway.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Lots to respond to...

1) I need more sidescrolling Metroidvania games (DEFINITELY another sidescrolling Metroid :( ).
2) LoS was enjoyable for what it was. Not the best, but interesting, and narrated by Patrick Stewart. <3
3) Haven't seen anything for another RE yet, but RE4 GC was the best. Controls didn't carry over well for other platforms, and Leon is a boss. RE5 was meh. I actually had this conversation with my buddy the other day. Would love to elaborate when I'm not at work.
4) Mercenaries in RE4 GC was DESTROYED by me in a day. Hunk is awesome. I need more Hunk.

That's all...

...FOR NOW...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Sup guys, finally playing AC(at 43%) Skipped 1st one since it lacked trophies, might get it on pc though.

Hit Lancer 20 on FFXIV. My search function doesn't work on these forums I swear, but I wanna make a XIV thread.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't see many of them anymore, but I remember when I submitted a bunch of avatars I made for the site. Was happy as a pig in mud when they actually added mine. Still have that :awesome: feeling when I see someone using one. ^_^

I think I've used this avy/variation of for about 2 or 3 years now.

I know my previous ones included Ganondorf and Guts (Berserk)
Which ones did you create? Just curious.

Because premium is back, so there are more prankers and victims.

Also, Portal is now free on steam.

Get that **** ASAP.
Already posted that. The real question is: Why doesn't everyone have Portal on their PCs?!?!? I dunno if it's free to download/play forever or a limited promotion offer or something?

...GLOBAL...

...MEDIOCRITY!

Loved RE4. RE5 was okay. RE6 will probably be okay. Meh. I'd rather they localize AAI2 in NA than make a new RE game but hey, that's just my personal opinion.

Some stuff I heard is that the two playable chars in RE6 are gonna be Jill and Leon. Strange combo. Ada will also be featured.[b/]

My body is ready. I beat her side mission/quest in RE4. (No checkpoints or save options...:urg:)

I was gonna hit 'im wit da double magnum.

FOR BARRY!

Smooth Criminal
"That was too close; you were almost a Jill sandwich."

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I wouldn't mind a return to Metroid ala the Prime series.

Those games were fantastic.

Super Metroid is probably my favorite Metroid game, though. I'm a sucker for the older games.

Smooth Criminal

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Lots to respond to...

1) I need more sidescrolling Metroidvania games (DEFINITELY another sidescrolling Metroid :( ).
2) LoS was enjoyable for what it was. Not the best, but interesting, and narrated by Patrick Stewart. <3
Agree, there needs to be more. Hope those Castlevania 3DS rumors are true. I've enjoyed almost all the 2-D Metroidvania games. Last one I played was Order of Ecclesia (I think that's how you spell it).

Ohh...Patrick Stewart. His narrations before every mission added a certain depth to the game. His voice is god tier. :yeahboi:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Which ones did you create? Just curious.
I'll try to post the 'package' I made at the time. Off the top of my head, Ganondorf (triforce fist), WTF Link, Assassin's Creed Altair, and Cartoon Bowser (Which was supposed to be all the color variants). Also, Guts from Berserk. I think it's in Brawl avatars/Brawl 2.

Agree, there needs to be more. Hope those Castlevania 3DS rumors are true. I've enjoyed almost all the 2-D Metroidvania games. Last one I played was Order of Ecclesia (I think that's how you spell it).

Yes, it is. OoE was pretty good. Not great, but good.

Ohh...Patrick Stewart. His narrations before every mission added a certain depth to the game. His voice is god tier. :yeahboi:
If Patrick Stewart, Morgan Freeman, and Keith David narrated a game/movie together...

It'd be like sex for my ears...
Turtlebeaches

You know... Sorta. ._.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sidescrolling Metroid games are da bess.

I've played Fusion so many times. :3c
I loved Fusion, but I couldn't really get into Super Metroid or Metroid I when I played them. It just kind of felt paralyzing to be dropped in there without any direction whatsoever.

I did like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night though, which basically does the same thing only with a different kind of bloodsucking enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom