• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
oYeah... That sucks. :/
Well my mom just came into my room and decided to badmouth me [yet again] for being gay.
****... Sometimes she just makes me want to kill myself... I mean, OBVIOUSLY I'm not going to, but I can't really compare my depression right now to anything else. :/

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
She's not doing it to make me feel bad. She's doing it because she hates gay people. The only reason she accepted me is because I'm her son.

My mother is, quite literally, a racist, prejudiced, self-centered ***** that doesn't even so much as like anybody that isn't a part of her family. She hates black people. She hates Jewish people. She hates gay people. She hates EVERYBODY.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hola GreyWolf. :D

I quit Day of Silence after, like, my first class today. :/

Oh, and I came out to my aunt and uncle visiting from Mexico yesterday.

They took it amazingly. They still love me, and want me doing what I want to as long as I'm happy.

Like... every... single... person... I've... told.

*sigh*

Coming out was never as exciting as I imagined.
I still haven't told ANY of my family... and for good reason.

EVERY day of this easter break, at least one member of my family made a rude, prejudiced, hateful and/or stupid remark about homosexuality.

my family has a few hardcore supporters, but most are very anti-gay. I'm way too scared to come out to them. I need them to help me pay for college XD

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Ethan. x3
Everybody feels normal with me for some reason. I don't know why. D:
I think it's cuz I'm only about every type of person there is out there... o.O

No, TU cayate TU boca!

El bano esta en to culo. :3

*pokes your antlers* :3

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Haha. "Furry" as in, well, you should know now.

And you did get what I meant when I said "Lisa", correct?
I can only assume it was a Simpsons reference, but I have no idea.

I knew what you meant in the first place; it was a general observation.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
*slips out and backflips on his fours in front of Ethan, reared up with a low growl, a smirk plastered on his visage*

Will do, -sir.-

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wow. OKAY.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...

Anybody do Day of Silence...? :D :D :D

bored

Smash Ace
Nope. Haven't ever heard of it.

But I know what tomorrow is....

PROM NIGHT. :D

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, my life has been a rollercoaster since I last posted.

I'm undergoing treatment for depression, and subsequently have to see a counselor every week. I've been socially isolated from nearly all of my friends for the past year, because they either have jobs, or live in another state. I hadn't left my house for three months prior to my friend Asia and I becoming close and socializing outside of school.

I'm constantly being bothered by my classmates to do their work for them, even though they have better grades than I do. My family's been pressuring me to do better in school while I'm still an emotional wreck. I'm in danger of failing one of my courses for the year because of everything that's happening.

You know what finally made me snap?

My dad put a web-filtering program on my network that blocked outgoing access to certain types of sites. It was supposed to filter out sites with nudity, and it wound up blocking deviantART. Being in the mental state that I currently am, I really need an outlet for creativity and something positive. When that got cut off, I lost it.

I went worse-than-Britney batshit crazy on my dad.

He wound up removing the program entirely, and pretty much avoided me for the rest of the day.

Yep.

Life sucks.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yep.

Life sucks.
My honest expression after reading: :urg:.

Aww Serris. I can only regurgitate the "we're all here for you"s and "things will get better"s - but I hope you know that each of us really means it. Smile Serris.

At least once for us. ^^

Could someone explain what this Day of Silence thing is for those out of the loop? Or if it was discussed before in this thread, could you link me to it?
http://dayofsilence.org/index.cfm

Test for what?
Day of Silence is tomorrow for me. :3
Yea, we just did ours early since we don't have school tomorrow. Isn't that convenient for my high school...

Timbers

check me out
Wow. OKAY.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...

Anybody do Day of Silence...? :D :D :D
from what I've gathered, day of silence is just staying quiet the entire day at school/work unless absolutely necessary in honor of..gay pride?

correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: oh i got ninja'd, will read

EDIT: ok so wait it's just like, you can't call things gay or something? =|

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Test for what?
history, african american history to be exact, and unfortunately due to Miz Williams being a bit behind schedule we got the study guide late and i've only had like 2 days to study for it. Not to worried though cause she drops the lowest exam score so if i do bad i can make it up the in the next one. Although this is one of those times i envy the guy i like because due to other reasons he doesn't take the test the same day as everyone else and gets more time to study.

...:( *hugs Serris tight*
administers more hugs, sorry i can't do much more than copy him.

Serris.

I love Britney Spears.

I'm seriously offended by that.
don't we all <3 Britney?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I always come in here at the worst times :mad:

Hope things get better, Serris <3
Good things come to those who wait.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
ok so wait it's just like, you can't call things gay or something? =|
Here, lemme type this slip of paper my GSA printed to hand out if people asked why we weren't talking:

The Day of Silence
A day in which we peacefully promote acceptance,
and bring attention to anti-LGBT statements by remaining silent.

We can still text and play charades and stuff. :D

Basically, not saying anything for a day ironically brings a lot of attention. It's a statement.

I quit after my first class though. :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Here, lemme type this slip of paper my GSA printed to hand out if people asked why we weren't talking:

The Day of Silence

Basically, not saying anything for a day ironically brings a lot of attention. It's a statement.

I always thought the intention was to show how boring the world could be without our voices filling it :chuckle:

Timbers

check me out

The Day of Silence

I couldn't do that. For a good cause or not, I'd just feel like a **** not talking to anyone all day.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it'd get boring too... that's for sure. Besides, would it REALLY accomplish that much? who do you normally talk to anyway? for me, it's my friends, and they are pro-gay anyway :dizzy:

Sanu

Smash Champion
I dunno, I did it back when I was in high school. We didn't really make a difference as such, but we definitely spread the message.

It's not that hard to stay silent when it's something you really believe in Timbahzz, but at least it's the thought that counts! =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom