• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Really it should be LGBTPHC. :p

I'm in school right now and I'm doing the whole DoS thing right now. It's so fun. xD
I'm wearing a pink shirt and I stand out from everyone. :p
We pass out slips of papers to show what we're doing, here's what it says:

Please understand my reasons for not speaking today. I am participating in the Day of Silence, a national youth movement protesting the silence faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and all their allies. My deliberate silence echoes that silence, which is caused by harrassment, prejudice, and discrimination. I believe ending the silence is the first step toward fighting these injuries.
Think about the voices you are not hearing today.

So yeah... It's pretty cool. :3

And, on a side note, Britney Spears is my idol. <3
"All eyes on me on the center of the ring just like a circus. When I crack the whip everybody gon' trip just like a circus~"
:laugh:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Thus far I've used gay, ***, and homo as insults like 20 times today... I think I'm being counter productive, but here is my "I care" face. :psycho:

No but seriously, some people on campus think I'm the anti-christ of the gay community. I just think they're being over-sensitive *****es. There's a reason people like me and not them.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Thus far I've used gay, ***, and homo as insults like 20 times today... I think I'm being counter productive, but here is my "I care" face. :psycho:

No but seriously, some people on campus think I'm the anti-christ of the gay community. I just think they're being over-sensitive *****es. There's a reason people like me and not them.
I guess it could be likened to black people calling each other the n word.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I like to think of it that way. Except I think people get so offended by my use of the word they stop using it themselves.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
*blushes and flails around* >///<
Apparently, there's a lot I need to learn...

Also, wtf at my song...
"Touch me, touch me, I want to feel your body! Your heart beatin' next to mine. Touch me, touche me now. Touch me, touch me now~"

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol. He's like Big Brother. Except without the cameras.
I think.
Anyways! I just came home from school. DoS was so fun lol. People kept talking to me and I didn't say squat. :3

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but wearing a pink skirt to school...on DoS... doesn't really make people want to join your protest.

Now, if you wore a blue one....

XD
Lol, I wore a pink shirt to school today. Not a skirt. :p

I would so totally wear a blue skirt to school too. xD But yeah. Not a pink one. o_o

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol nah. I would dress up in girls' clothing just to be silly though. :o
Which reminds me!!
Last year, for Halloween, I dressed up as a Japanese school girl and at every new street we set down a giant boom-box and played the Melancholy of Haruhi, me and a couple other friends dancing, at full blast. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN XD
We got about half the neighborhood's candy like that. :3
As fun as it was, though, I am never EVER going to dress like that again.
It was cold. :(

Smash Master
Prinny!!!!!!one

So I trapped someone into talking to me at length about how wrong homosexuals are and how they all wear pink vests and say fabulouth and yada yada yada. I don't have an accent or fashion sense or a propensity to gesture incessantly, so he had no idea.

Next time, I need a snappy comeback for after they've had their say. Any ideas.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
"Yeah well at least I don't stick my ***** into something that BLEEDS once a month! I mean, you do know that the ****** IS the dirtiest of all organs, right?"
Bam. Win.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Prinny!!!!!!one
It''s funny, because I was just talking about Prinnies with someone, dood!

So I trapped someone into talking to me at length about how wrong homosexuals are and how they all wear pink vests and say fabulouth and yada yada yada. I don't have an accent or fashion sense or a propensity to gesture incessantly, so he had no idea.

Next time, I need a snappy comeback for after they've had their say. Any ideas.
Just listen politely, nod at certain intervals, and don't interrupt. Once they're finished making an *** of themselves, smile and say "Now wouldn't it make you look foolish if you would TALKING to a homosexual? Boy, that would make you look REALLY stupid, huh?"

pdk

Smash Lord
it's a grassroots thing so it's not an issue of what states it's in, though it technically can be complicated by a lack of support with the logistics in your school

i managed to go through with it until i got into the data structures class in the morning and people started suggesting taking bets on who'd win in a cage match between me and one of our classmates... turned into day of smack talk!

i also discovered the guy i sit next to in that class (so cute) told everyone earlier the story of the time i showed up to finals in one class last semester in just swim trunks, yet i don't remember him being in that class... HMM

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I didn't do Day of Silence because I don't believe in placing arbitrary restrictions on myself to prove a point.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Day of Silence for the lose. It's nice to know people care enough to participate, but it really doesn't do anything. If you want to actively support gay rights, speak up. Being vocal about it is the only way to effectively counter bigotry. Staying silent won't change anyone's mind on the matter.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Good to see you guys back on track. :)

Sadly, I'm still mad. I didn't close it for the momentary religious talk, and I left you guys alone during that little spamish spell. As much as I know you guys want it to be, this is not a general discussion social thread. If you want to talk about music or hair, or anything else, use the social group, or learn each others' AIM names.

2 strikes. Next time you guys go off track, this will be closed for a week. Minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom