• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Since this is on the verge of being closed.

How is everybody doing with their Boy/Girl(LOL) situations?

Seriously, i saw my ex is a play today and we hung out for a while after.

Seriously, i hate being friends with ex boyfriends, it makes life difficult.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
+1 respect to the people in this thread

That's all I really have to say. :p
eh... just like being gay doesn't deserve scorn from others, I don't think it's something you should respect us for either. It's something that just... is. That's akin to giving +1 respect points to everyone with blonde hair :chuckle:

Day of Silence for the lose. It's nice to know people care enough to participate, but it really doesn't do anything. If you want to actively support gay rights, speak up. Being vocal about it is the only way to effectively counter bigotry. Staying silent won't change anyone's mind on the matter.
estoy de acuerdo

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Good to see you guys back on track. :)

Sadly, I'm still mad. I didn't close it for the momentary religious talk, and I left you guys alone during that little spamish spell. As much as I know you guys want it to be, this is not a general discussion social thread. If you want to talk about music or hair, or anything else, use the social group, or learn each others' AIM names.

2 strikes. Next time you guys go off track, this will be closed for a week. Minimum.
Alright, I said this before on the OTL social topic, and I'll say it again, here: these sorts of threats are NOT necessary. With respect, you're a moderator, not some great shepherd that has to keep his flock in line and never let them off of the straight and narrow.

Threats like these don't keep things on-topic, they only serve to intensify the atmosphere and - again, with respect - give the person issuing them an ego boost for "keeping us in line." For one thing, the conversations were DONE. Long done. Bringing them up again just as fodder for complaint doesn't advance conversation. As a matter of fact, when forum authority figures bring this sort of thing up after the fact like this only serves to further derail conversation.

And for another thing, barring a subject ipso facto like that is every bit as counterproductive as - well - saying it's wrong to be homosexual. Everything is contextual, and while things CAN get off-track and require help to push them back on the topic, a brief tangent never hurt anybody. Especially because, let's face it, religion and homosexual persecution often go hand-in-hand. We can bury our heads in the sand and not say anything, but it won't make it any less real.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
And like I said in OTL, we're aware they're not necessary. We're just trying to be nice.

I don't care for religious debate or crude humor, though.

I understand how religion ties into homosexuality, but we've had this thread turn into a 'lolreligion' thread three separate times.
Enough is enough.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I mean the fact that the people in here are open about it, not the fact that they are gay. :p
It's easy enough on the internet.

It's real life that can be the real issue. >__<

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Someone give me +2 respect for being both blond and openly gay.

Not too be self absorbed or anything, but I think some people should be respected for being openly gay. It's a fact that being open about your sexuality WILL have a major effect on your life. I tolerate bull**** every day that a normal person doesn't have to deal with. People who understand should give me just a little respect because it makes things harder for me and they will never have to deal with it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, I said this before on the OTL social topic, and I'll say it again, here: these sorts of threats are NOT necessary. With respect, you're a moderator, not some great shepherd that has to keep his flock in line and never let them off of the straight and narrow.
As a moderator, I have two choices. Warn the thread, or close the thread. Take your pick.

Threats like these don't keep things on-topic, they only serve to intensify the atmosphere and - again, with respect - give the person issuing them an ego boost for "keeping us in line." For one thing, the conversations were DONE. Long done. Bringing them up again just as fodder for complaint doesn't advance conversation. As a matter of fact, when forum authority figures bring this sort of thing up after the fact like this only serves to further derail conversation.
You think I enjoy telling you guys to stay on topic? Honestly, I consider a lot of you guys my friends. If you ever talk to me outside of SWF, you'll realize that I'm a completely different person. I'm sorry that I'm trying to protect the thread, but if you want me to let it get to such hell that it'll be forced closed, I'll walk out right now until another mod deems this unnecessary and closes it. I don't care how long ago the offenses were. I worked two 13 hour shifts in the past 3 days. I saw spam about two pages back, and that's recent enough for me. I kept this thread open too, asking for no spam, and no religion. Why are you complaining?

And you seriously think I get my jollies by threatening gay kids that need someone to talk to? You've got to be kidding me.

And for another thing, barring a subject ipso facto like that is every bit as counterproductive as - well - saying it's wrong to be homosexual. Everything is contextual, and while things CAN get off-track and require help to push them back on the topic, a brief tangent never hurt anybody. Especially because, let's face it, religion and homosexual persecution often go hand-in-hand. We can bury our heads in the sand and not say anything, but it won't make it any less real.
These rules were made before I was even a moderator, and I would like to keep these rules up. Allowing religious discussion leads to nothing but gay bashing, or religious bashing, both of which I do not want to see. I don't care how mature most of you posters are. There there are tons of idiots out there that love to ruin perfectly good things, as they have in the past. Allowing religious discussion will ultimately destroy this thread. Which I honestly don't want. I grew up extremely religious for the first 19 years of my life, then came out of the closet. To be honest, being religious was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. For other people, that's just the opposite. Some people find religion to be the most important thing in their lives. So what do we do? We keep our mouths shut and try not to offend each other. Religion is based mostly on faith, and as such, there is no debate. So why waste our breath trying to debate or talk about anything on the subject, when you know it'll just end up offending people?

I don't get where you guys think I'm coming from. I want this thread open as much as the next guy-- I came out to SWF on one of the past iterations of this thread. I like it. I'm not trying to be mean, but if people are trying to ruin a good thing by spamming and starting religious banter, I'm gonna stop them before it gets out of hand.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Xsyven, you're right...this was my fault, I'm sorry.

I perfectly understand your point of view.
Thanks for understanding! It was just a mere warning, so don't worry too much about it. I just had to show 0rion what's what for being whiny.

Someone give me +2 respect for being both blond and openly gay.

Not too be self absorbed or anything, but I think some people should be respected for being openly gay. It's a fact that being open about your sexuality WILL have a major effect on your life. I tolerate bull**** every day that a normal person doesn't have to deal with. People who understand should give me just a little respect because it makes things harder for me and they will never have to deal with it.
Takamaru, demanding respect is a bit much. xD But I agree to a certain extent! I totally get where you're coming from...

But I have no idea how to explain it. :c

Ever since I came out, I've felt this weird empowerment. I don't know how to explain it... but it's just a supercool feeling of finally standing up to that fear after so many years of trying to repress it, and kicking it out forever. And that feeling sticks with you forever. Or at least, for the year that I've been out.

I feel more confident in everything. I don't have a low self esteem anymore, and I don't care what other people think anymore. I do what makes me happy. And it's made my life so much better.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That sounds like an awesome feeling Xsyven.

Tbh, I don't feel repressed and I wouldn't say I suffer from low self esteem, but there are things that really get to me with all this closet nonsense.

I guess one day I can make peace with myself... Hopefully, maybe...

Smash Master
It''s funny, because I was just talking about Prinnies with someone, dood!

Just listen politely, nod at certain intervals, and don't interrupt. Once they're finished making an *** of themselves, smile and say "Now wouldn't it make you look foolish if you would TALKING to a homosexual? Boy, that would make you look REALLY stupid, huh?"
This wins. Thank you. Hopefully I'll make a difference, one bigot at a time.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
As a moderator, I have two choices. Warn the thread, or close the thread. Take your pick.
Um... I think somebody just got owned?

I don't know what's really going on, so... Yeah...
I just got home from a tourney! It was pretty fun, and I even met a gay kid there. :3

Smash Master
How did you know he was gay?

I would never come out at a smash tourney. It's just not relevant, IMO.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol, because he used the same name as me: GG. Except I had to use GG2 cuz he was there first. :p I told him, "Hey, we have the same name!" And he goes, "Haha, really? What does yours stand for?" And I go, "Nothing really, it's just a nickname my friends came up with. What about yours?" And he goes, "Mine stands for GayGuy, haha!" And I'm there like o.o
So yeah, lol.
Lol Silent, he used Peach. And **** he was good. o.o'

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
How did you know he was gay?

I would never come out at a smash tourney. It's just not relevant, IMO.
iunno. Inui felt the need to ask me when we played... probably because I was better dressed than anyone else there and played zelda.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Please elaborate on this. I'm curious.
it was a small columbus OH tournament. there were lots of people there for lots of games, but the smash bracket was only, hmm... 70-80?

anyway, yeah, some were dressed like they owned one outfit, a lot of others were dressed in the standard gamer T shirt and pants. I had my hair done, nice shirt with the top buttons undone, necklace, designer jeans, nice leather shoes and semi-formal watch on.

I guess in friendlies Inui and I teamed up and utterly destoryed all the competition, so it's not like he just saw me in passing. I have quite a bubbly personality, so I'm sure there were hints.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
it was a small columbus OH tournament. there were lots of people there for lots of games, but the smash bracket was only, hmm... 70-80?

anyway, yeah, some were dressed like they owned one outfit, a lot of others were dressed in the standard gamer T shirt and pants. I had my hair done, nice shirt with the top buttons undone, necklace, designer jeans, nice leather shoes and semi-formal watch on.

I guess in friendlies Inui and I teamed up and utterly destoryed all the competition, so it's not like he just saw me in passing. I have quite a bubbly personality, so I'm sure there were hints.
Hint enough. Its a tournament.......

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
I went to a tourney yesterday dressed in [what everybody tells me are] womens' pants, and nobody said a thing. That and a pretty tight shirt.. And I've got a feminine body as well. So.. Either it's me, or everybody is completely oblivious nowadays.

Then again, it -was- at a church...

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I went to a tourney yesterday dressed in [what everybody tells me are] womens' pants, and nobody said a thing. That and a pretty tight shirt.. And I've got a feminine body as well. So.. Either it's me, or everybody is completely oblivious nowadays.

Then again, it -was- at a church...
LOL. That's awesome dude, I wear tight jeans at times as well. I haven't really gone to a tournament in a long time, but no one has ever asked me if I'm gay. My dress style is kind of a grungy type of look. I wear headbands a lot and well, I do like dressing up, not like overdressing with designer jeans and fancy stuff, but looking nice with an alternative style ;)

Btw, I'm usually the only Peach and Zelda player in tourneys..

However, I did to go a mini-smash fest this past week and there were some new people that I had never met. There was this one guy; he was real quiet and shy. He saw me play once and he was like, "you have inspired me to use peach as well again..." He only used Zelda. In either case, I got "the vibe" that he was gay. Hurray for gaydars.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
LOL. That's awesome dude, I wear tight jeans at times as well. I haven't really gone to a tournament in a long time, but no one has ever asked me if I'm gay. My dress style is kind of a grungy type of look. I wear headbands a lot and well, I do like dressing up, not like overdressing with designer jeans and fancy stuff, but looking nice with an alternative style ;)

Btw, I'm usually the only Peach and Zelda player in tourneys..

However, I did to go a mini-smash fest this past week and there were some new people that I had never met. There was this one guy; he was real quiet and shy. He saw me play once and he was like, "you have inspired me to use peach as well again..." He only used Zelda. In either case, I got "the vibe" that he was gay. Hurray for gaydars.
Ahahah, I'm pretty sure anybody could tell he was gay. =P
He sounds cute though.
Yeah, I like to dress up as well. Usually in black clothing with tight jeans and my jacket, but not too much, y'know? With my short hair, even though I used to have long hair. Usually it was a mess, but now it's all short and fuzzy. ^_^
One thing I wish I could have is a pierced ear. Then I'd be happier than a kid in a candy store. [lol how corny]

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Its funny how oblivious 90% of the Utah smashers are that I'm gay. I think its too funny to say anything.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Bull****. I go to tourney's all the time dressed to kill. Hell, sometimes I wear shredded jeans and a mostly see-through shirt. I've never been asked once.
Ya-yeh! Dressed-to-kill is always best >3; Usually it's black jeans, killer black shirt, my biker jacket (if it's cold) or nothing, my epic belt+skull buckle, and my LoZ neck-chain (need to fix > o<). Although there was a time I went in my business suit to a melee tournament...never felt so good to pwn, get first place, and look like "teh shiz" =3

Desu: Soz about that =<...I hope it was for the best though and for a good reason

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Ya-yeh! Dressed-to-kill is always best >3; Usually it's black jeans, killer black shirt, my biker jacket (if it's cold) or nothing, my epic belt+skull buckle, and my LoZ neck-chain (need to fix > o<). Although there was a time I went in my business suit to a melee tournament...never felt so good to pwn, get first place, and look like "teh shiz" =3
You sound pretty danged hot. x3

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all, eh?

Hope things look better in the future for ya, bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom