• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah. you've had bad luck with this guy from the get-go Tim, it's probably for the best if you move on. Sucks that it wasn't your decision though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Ever since I came out, I've felt this weird empowerment. I don't know how to explain it... but it's just a supercool feeling of finally standing up to that fear after so many years of trying to repress it, and kicking it out forever. And that feeling sticks with you forever. Or at least, for the year that I've been out.

I feel more confident in everything. I don't have a low self esteem anymore, and I don't care what other people think anymore. I do what makes me happy. And it's made my life so much better.
That sounds fantastic. I wish I could get to the point where I could do that. It would make life so much simpler :/

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
You sound pretty danged hot. x3
Ya dayum right >P. I usually go in what's comfy/killer

Better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all, eh?

Hope things look better in the future for ya, bud.
Ya, I agree, if anything ( and as lame as it sounds) it's gonna make you stronger...mentally of course, unless your ex was a body-builder or something (j/k..). But I mean, it can only hurt you as much as you let it get to you; you just got to take what you have left and build up on it

Timbers

check me out
it was a small columbus OH tournament. there were lots of people there for lots of games, but the smash bracket was only, hmm... 70-80?

anyway, yeah, some were dressed like they owned one outfit, a lot of others were dressed in the standard gamer T shirt and pants. I had my hair done, nice shirt with the top buttons undone, necklace, designer jeans, nice leather shoes and semi-formal watch on.

I guess in friendlies Inui and I teamed up and utterly destoryed all the competition, so it's not like he just saw me in passing. I have quite a bubbly personality, so I'm sure there were hints.
I just couldn't wear that. I know it looks good on a lot of guys but I just can't dress up without looking like a tool.
nonsense. ALWAYS got to look your best.
I guess, I wouldn't stress the "always" too hard, though :p There's those days where I just feel like putting on my loosest pair of jeans and just running my hand through my hair and I feel awesome for the day.
Its funny how oblivious 90% of the Utah smashers are that I'm gay. I think its too funny to say anything.
so like 9 people right

lol I love xsy
So I got dumped today.
Can't say I didn't see it coming this time, though...
*sniff*
:<
Ya-yeh! Dressed-to-kill is always best >3; Usually it's black jeans, killer black shirt, my biker jacket (if it's cold) or nothing, my epic belt+skull buckle, and my LoZ neck-chain (need to fix > o<). Although there was a time I went in my business suit to a melee tournament...never felt so good to pwn, get first place, and look like "teh shiz" =3

Desu: Soz about that =<...I hope it was for the best though and for a good reason
I remember dressing like this a few years ago, save for the leather jacket.

My normal wear is bootcut jeans and a tee, necklace or headphones, fingerless gloves, and VANS because VANS are the best.
Better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all, eh?
I have to agree with this. My last relationship didn't end on the highest note, and there are times where I still feel regretful over it but I still feel like I learned a lot from it and hopefully will be able to find that feeling again without walking completely blind into it.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I remember dressing like this a few years ago, save for the leather jacket.

My normal wear is bootcut jeans and a tee, necklace or headphones, fingerless gloves, and VANS because VANS are the best.

I have to agree with this. My last relationship didn't end on the highest note, and there are times where I still feel regretful over it but I still feel like I learned a lot from it and hopefully will be able to find that feeling again without walking completely blind into it.
Lulz, VANS are best xD (is wearing a pair right now w/ skullz)

Relationships suck. period.. >__>;, although I'm in an almost year one right now, but yeh~, they do quite a lot to a person, but as xsy said, better to have love, than lost, n'est pas.

Love....it's a good thing

..right?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
And who says you need to be dressed up to look your best?

A lot of people make really casual styles look good.
casual styles, yes, but that doesn't mean wrinkled, mismatching close, fly away hair, unkempt scruff and the smell of a few days nonshowered.

Not like everyone was an offender of all of these, or even half of these, but most were offenders for at least one.

You can rock jeans and a t if you want, but that;s not what they were doing, they were just kinda wearing clothes to wear them... most of them.

Not a LOT of effort needs to be put into looking good, but SOME does.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Not everyone gives a flying **** about how they look. I did very little to take care of myself until the past few months. All I did was wake up, brush my teeth, and put on whatever was in reach. Some days I still do that because it's not worth the 20 or so minutes to actually get ready for the day.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lulz, VANS are best xD (is wearing a pair right now w/ skullz)

Relationships suck. period.. >__>;, although I'm in an almost year one right now, but yeh~, they do quite a lot to a person, but as xsy said, better to have love, than lost, n'est pas.

Love....it's a good thing

..right?
Dude, they totally do. >_< But sometimes it's good to have somebody by your side that you know you can count on, right?

And for the record, no. Love is not a good thing. But, as we all know, the forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest. :3 [unless you don't like sweet, then that's too bad for you]

And who says you need to be dressed up at all to look your best?

A lot of people make naked look good.
LIKE ME 8)

Ya dayum right >P. I usually go in what's comfy/killer
Lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I wear tight clothing sometimes, but not too tight, with my black jacket half the time, tore jeans and such. I recently cut my hair too, so, as low as my self-esteem is, I can look at myself in the mirror and go, " o.o I'm sexy!" :p

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Not everyone gives a flying **** about how they look. I did very little to take care of myself until the past few months. All I did was wake up, brush my teeth, and put on whatever was in reach. Some days I still do that because it's not worth the 20 or so minutes to actually get ready for the day.
That's college for ya~. Used to actually gel my hair in high school..now, I just wake up, put a cap, some clothes on, brush my teef, take the ickies out of my eyes, and out the door I fly.

Dude, they totally do. >_< But sometimes it's good to have somebody by your side that you know you can count on, right?

That's what I have friends for, tbh...I don't mind having someone, but it's a risk I was willing (and been willing) to take, but of course, this time around, it hasn't been all bad and started out great. I mean now, it's just good and has made my life interesting. (not that it wasn't interesting before)

And for the record, no. Love is not a good thing. But, as we all know, the forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest. :3 [unless you don't like sweet, then that's too bad for you]

Well, in yours and our cases, we already "taste the forbidden fruit", nub xP. But I feel like I get attached to people to easily and I haAaAate it...so I hate myself so that doesn't happen..but oh well, I can't say I didn't try when s**t hits the fan

LIKE ME 8)
Do want T ^T (Needs to hit the gym more)

Lol, yeah, I know what you mean. I wear tight clothing sometimes, but not too tight, with my black jacket half the time, tore jeans and such. I recently cut my hair too, so, as low as my self-esteem is, I can look at myself in the mirror and go, " o.o I'm sexy!" :p
I'm a virgo(as much as I hated when ppl would compare me to astrology and what not, it fits my character pretty so >.o) so I'ma perfectionist and I never find anything "perfect" as much as I see where It might need work, so wen I see myself in the mirror I'm always "I'm missing somethin'", " Ugh..not my best today" and so on and so forth .__________.;;;; Although, when I do look my best and going out, I can't help but think that I am awesome >3 .

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Random gay question while we're kinda talking about caring about looks: does anyone else actually think hard about what underwear they're going to wear with an out fit? If I actually get up and dress myself properly I have to have everything perfect all the way down to my socks and underwear. Am I alone in this?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Random gay question while we're kinda talking about caring about looks: does anyone else actually think hard about what underwear they're going to wear with an out fit? If I actually get up and dress myself properly I have to have everything perfect all the way down to my socks and underwear. Am I alone in this?
No...I have certain underwear I wear when I go out too >___>;;

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Takumaru: Nah, I wear certain underwear and socks as well. Hell, I have my underwear drawer completely organized according to size, color, and how comfortable it is. o.o

Loko_Lobo: Lol, I know what you mean. It's pretty much the same for me, despite the fact that I'm a Leo. :O And yes, I know that we've already 'tasted the forbidden fruit,' but I mean that phrase out of that context, "you nub." xD

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Depends, where am I going? Am I hanging out with anyone I really care about? Am I going to a bar/on a date?

It's very situational for me.

My cologne(s) is usually what I think about the hardest though... (when the situation calls for it)

As for the underwear thing, I have like a million different pairs of briefs, boxers, and boxer-briefs... So whatever I'm in the mood for (or whatever looks best when my pants ride down)

As for the hair, I tried caring about it, but I prefer just keeping it short now and maybe a little wax/gel/stuff but not much... Simple.

As for clothes? solid colors, I don't need any fancy hollister/A&F logo's... If it's comfortable and simple I'm all about it.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Lol dawg, I totally get what you're coming at with the hair thing. I used to have pretty long hair, and it was about as tame as a wild boar, so I ended up cutting it down. I have to say, short hair is SO MUCH BETTER! My head felt ten pounds lighter. :3 [which reminds me, I gotta go get my hair cut! >.<]

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
casual styles, yes, but that doesn't mean wrinkled, mismatching close, fly away hair, unkempt scruff and the smell of a few days nonshowered.

Not like everyone was an offender of all of these, or even half of these, but most were offenders for at least one.

You can rock jeans and a t if you want, but that;s not what they were doing, they were just kinda wearing clothes to wear them... most of them.

Not a LOT of effort needs to be put into looking good, but SOME does.
Yea, I used to not pay attention to that stuff, then I realized that girls sort of care about that, so I found a style and stuck with it, now I make whatever i wear look good pretty much whenever I'm out.

So yeah, depends on the situation,

("/" means depends on the season)

Athetics: Light jacket/hoodie/sleeveless shirt and sweatpants/athletic shorts

casual: Fitted hat, hoodie/T, Jeans/shorts, sneakers

Classy: Buttion-down, Black Jeans, solid color sneakers

Formal/bussiness: Black Suit, nicely shined shoes, buttion down shirt and a tie.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Takumaru said:
When my ex and I were dating, he went to new york once, and came back with a really sexy pair of underwear for me. From there, I bought like, two more pairs, and then got bored with them. Especially now that I'm single, and have no one to show off my sexy undies to. :p But I see where you're comin' from!

As for relationships being evil, you're all crazy. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Like Timbers said, you learn a whole lot from them.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Relationships are the greatest thing in the world, you learn more about people and yourself :)

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Relationships are the greatest thing in the world, you learn more about people and yourself :)

You also lose a part of yourself and it's rare that you come out of it the same as you once were, whether good or bad. I mean, this is mostly applied to good relationship, not "flavor of the week kind", but possible.

But ya, tbh about clothes, I have a skullz/biker/rocker/80's style to it >.o;;; can't really describe or label it cuz god knows I dislike being labeled...but if I had to, it's something close to gothic / rocker. I mean, I've have more black shirts than I do now, but my new shirts look so kickass so it makes up for it. Plus they be tight~:psycho:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i do sometimes. i normally have an underwear loop i follow, but if my outfit is mostly monotonus that day, like im wearing all blue already, then i make the undies match too.

the only problem is i have no green undies and mostly green shirts and shoes w/ green on them:ohwell:

Smash Master
Am I the only gay guy who doesn't care at all about appearance beyond the basics? I shower, shave, brush, put on whatever I find in my drawer, which is an assortment of basic collared shirts, t-shirts, shorts, and dress pants; and leave to battle the day.

In fact, right now I'm wearing a light grey shirt and dark grey shorts.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Am I the only guy* who doesn't care at all about appearance beyond the basics? I shower, shave, brush, put on whatever I find in my drawer, which is an assortment of basic collared shirts, t-shirts, shorts, and dress pants; and leave to battle the day.

*fixed

Yes, welcome to the gender v2.0.

For those of us who aren't gay, it's mainly cause we realize girls care, for the rest, you guys have your own reasons I'm sure.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I only care about how I look when I am going out to do something of relevance (like not go to the grocery store or the post office)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Am I the only gay guy who doesn't care at all about appearance beyond the basics? I shower, shave, brush, put on whatever I find in my drawer, which is an assortment of basic collared shirts, t-shirts, shorts, and dress pants; and leave to battle the day.

It is a fact that all gay men wear fishnet shirts and sequined-jeans. You must be a faker.

...Although seriously, a grey shirt and grey shorts? Are you allergic to color?

Timbers

check me out
it's always nice having a person you can confide in.

Doubly so when you've never really had a person (parent, relative, friend, etc) that you felt you could fully trust before that. It sucks if/when that person kind of takes advantage of your commitment but you get over it eventually lol.
Not really. Like, all of my boxers are black or dark blue. It just depends what kind of pants I'm wearing whether I go for the loosefit or boxerbriefs (loosefit makes looks ******** in skinnyfit jeans lol)

Girls aren't going to be interested in you if you're nothing to be interested over in the first place.

Gay guys might dress a little more exotic/metro than straight guys, but the concept is the same if you're dressing to impress. It's a matter for all guys, not just gay ones lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
heh. I actually am wearing all nice stuff again today. I eventually phased all the janky clothes out of my wardrobe. I was TAing tonight so I was in a lab that could likely get my clothes dirty... so dressing down involved wearing my nice clothes from Kohls as opposed to my nice clothes from some other store. I'm seruously more comfortable in a polo than I am a T-shirt anyway... though I have this kickin' lookin' t-shirt that I WILL wear from time to time.

Not always, but if I can... yeah

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I don't even buy my own clothes but apparently I dress nicely.

I don't worry too much about my looks, my arrogance is too great for me to actually have any reason to doubt how I look. I guess that's a good and bad thing.

Timbers

check me out
It takes less than 5 minutes to dress nicely. It takes no less time to throw on good clothes than janky clothes... and my hair takes 5 minutes if it's bad when I wake up... otherwise, one minute.
Between straightening and moussing my hair, it takes a good hour for me to just do my hair lol.

There are many days where I'm just too tired to actually straighten it though which saves me like 35mins of time.

I agree dressing really shouldn't take any time at all though. I've never really thought "huh I wonder what I'm gonna wear today." It's just whatever is in a person's wardrobe really. The only extra time you might spend on dressing nicely is the actual part of buying the clothes and not whatever was the closest to the shop's entrance.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
I never really care about how i dress.

I usually just throw on a dress shirt and pair of jeans everyday, its really simple, but it seems to work.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Between straightening and moussing my hair, it takes a good hour for me to just do my hair lol.
yes well your hair is like a spikey urchin so that WOULD require lots of work. It totally works for you, but there are styles that look great on other people that require zero work.

Now in order to get my hair rockin' I just be sure to use leave in conditioner and make sure it dries roughly how I want it to look the next day before I go to bed. It requires only 1-2 minutes to style it out of the shower and as long as I shower an hour and a half before bed, it should be completely dry by the time I go to sleep. Then the next morning consists only of taming flyaways and touching up what may have deflated overnight.

There are many days where I'm just too tired to actually straighten it though which saves me like 35mins of time.
I have fought monstrous cow-licks in my hair and have still never taken THAT long to do my hair.

I agree dressing really shouldn't take any time at all though. I've never really thought "huh I wonder what I'm gonna wear today." It's just whatever is in a person's wardrobe really. The only extra time you might spend on dressing nicely is the actual part of buying the clothes and not whatever was the closest to the shop's entrance.
I'll occasionally debate on what to wear depending on the weather or if I think my friend might wear something too similar, but otherwise it's just grab and go. Shopping isn't even too hard. You just gotta know what looks good on you and don't be afraid to dish out a little bit more for it if you have to. And you DON'T always have to. if you follow the sales at places like Kohl's, you can get clothes for next to nothing. And if you have money to burn, why not hit up A&F, Buckle or Express for something really impressive... I personally can't because my mind tells me I'd rather have 4 good outfits than one great one.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
that's how I am most of the time. I don't care enough to do anything else. especially when I'm just going to class. Sometimes I'll wear nicer clothes, but that still means jeans and either a nicer t-shirt or an awesome hoodie. My "nicer" is probably the most casual some people would go here, lol.

I just can't do the whole Abercrombie, Hollister, etc thing. Not only does it get expensive, but it's just not me. Not my style. I can't rationalize ever spending more than $40 on a pair of jeans, and polos = bleh.

I do wish I was better with hair though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom