• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I got the weirdest offer last night. Some guy tried to recruit me to "some 'acting' and other things" on camera either alone or with other guys. He gave me some information on his... employer and it was legit. I must say I'm flattered and disturbed at the same time.
The money I was offered was amazing but I just don't think I could go through life as an... "actor". I like my biochemistry too much.
Dude, I wish I lived where you do.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I never attended a school dance, I didn't attend pep rallys much either, I told my parents to write me notes so I wouldn't have to watch the jocks prance around and boost their ego.

I skipped my junior year dance to watch a cyborg 009 marathon on cartoon network, and senior year for a party where I got slammed. Both were worth it.

Happy easter guys :)

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Well, I give up. I've tried to battle religion and homosexuality; they just can't mix.

I'm done. I don't know what to do.

So I'm non-sexual now. I don't want to burn in hell forever.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Look, the old testament, the basis of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, says that flowering plants were created before the sun and the moon. In short, its bull****.

Genesis said:
1:11 God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: 31 plants yielding seeds according to their kinds, 32 and 33 trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds.” It was so. 1:12 The land produced vegetation – plants yielding seeds according to their kinds, and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. God saw that it was good. 1:13 There was evening, and there was morning, a third day.

1:14 God said, “Let there be lights 34 in the expanse 35 of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs 36 to indicate seasons and days and years, 1:15 and let them serve as lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.” It was so. 1:16 God made two great lights 37 – the greater light to rule over the day and the lesser light to rule over the night.
Leviticus promotes slavery and yet that is the only major Old Testament book to oppose gays. So, if you don't support people having slaves, you contradict the Bible more than being gay. Even though I am not gay, I'd rather you had a good time than believe an outdate mortal written book.

Smash Master
I will repress temptation and refrain from touching this one. Don't want to rack up any of those new perma-infraction points.

Anyway, talking about religion is a no-no here, even if you're the OP. You'll make Xsyven like this :mad:

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Well, I give up. I've tried to battle religion and homosexuality; they just can't mix.

do what feels right, simple as that. If you don't want to, don't. If you do, go ahead.
(it took a good solid year for me to finally break down this wall your hitting, give it time)

Lately, i've been in a "do" mode with a guy i've been having a little fun with... problem is I don't know if he sleeps around or if he's kind of into me. He seems to express some interest and send me cute messages when he's drunk and wants to cuddle (and sober too) but I just can't figure it out. I don't want to ask him straight out it may seem kind of suspicious if he IS into me, I don't just want this to be random flings I'd like to get to know him but when I invite him to dinner he's absent until later...

I dunno...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

you're gonna have to do some sould searching buddy. There's no shortage of veiwpoints that allow you to be both religious AND gay, but it's going to take you actually making an attempt to look into these veiws for you to find something that you can agree with. And then you're going to have to decide if you can still believe that if people who you care about can't. It really DOES take you being able to have a "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude if your environment is that unsupportive.

In the interest of not inviting any dort of religious debate here, I'm not going to go into these different viewpoints, but since you seem in need of guidance, I'm going to assume you're Christian because you believe in the Christian hell and... well, most of the world is christian.

Anyway, making that assumption, www.gaychristian.net is a FANTASTIC site for reconciling moral quandries going on within you as well as connecting with others like yourself. It's really a great site and the only problem that I'VE ever had there is that there was a time there when it seemed like every day I had a creepy old dude attempting to flirt with me via IM. I got pretty tough against them though, so that's stopped and, apparently, that's only really a problem if you put up a cute profile pic (how could I resist... especially since I didn't know when I put it up).

Anyway they're going to have a section there called "Cinnamon Waffles" that's exclusively for peeps born on or after 1987 so that there will be no creepy old folks. If you're extra worried about the oldsters, you can hang out there until you get familiar with who's cool. There's a LOT of wisdom on that site if you know where to look.

It's presently come to my consideration that maybe this information is focused enough that it should have been directed at ethan via PM. but it quickly occured to me that he's probably not the only person who could make use of such a site so.... I'm leaving this post up here.

www.gaychristian.net I really can't think of a more a propos site for gay christians who want to stay both gay and christian.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Thanks for steering clear from bible, guys. :)

Ethan, do what makes you happy. Who cares what other people think.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You gonna tap that?
I don't know whether to LMAO or backhand you for that, Meno. I guess I'll settle for hugging you. Much less painful.

But yeah. S/he is a really good friend of mine. We've known each other for a couple years. We love gaming, love roleplaying, love everything. Blah, blah. No, LBGT thread, I do not have romantic inclinations. That was just a Reader's Digest version of our history together.

Should be interesting.

Smooth Criminal

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
you're gonna have to do some sould searching buddy. There's no shortage of veiwpoints that allow you to be both religious AND gay, but it's going to take you actually making an attempt to look into these veiws for you to find something that you can agree with. And then you're going to have to decide if you can still believe that if people who you care about can't. It really DOES take you being able to have a "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude if your environment is that unsupportive.

In the interest of not inviting any dort of religious debate here, I'm not going to go into these different viewpoints, but since you seem in need of guidance, I'm going to assume you're Christian because you believe in the Christian hell and... well, most of the world is christian.

Anyway, making that assumption, www.gaychristian.net is a FANTASTIC site for reconciling moral quandries going on within you as well as connecting with others like yourself. It's really a great site and the only problem that I'VE ever had there is that there was a time there when it seemed like every day I had a creepy old dude attempting to flirt with me via IM. I got pretty tough against them though, so that's stopped and, apparently, that's only really a problem if you put up a cute profile pic (how could I resist... especially since I didn't know when I put it up).

Anyway they're going to have a section there called "Cinnamon Waffles" that's exclusively for peeps born on or after 1987 so that there will be no creepy old folks. If you're extra worried about the oldsters, you can hang out there until you get familiar with who's cool. There's a LOT of wisdom on that site if you know where to look.

It's presently come to my consideration that maybe this information is focused enough that it should have been directed at ethan via PM. but it quickly occured to me that he's probably not the only person who could make use of such a site so.... I'm leaving this post up here.

www.gaychristian.net I really can't think of a more a propos site for gay christians who want to stay both gay and christian.

NO.

I've done so much research on the subject, like from soulforce.org, and talking to different pastors, and I'm sorry Xysven, but this does need to be addressed.

They just can't mix.

I've learned that you can't try to research into the bible.

A pastor, not mine, made a very good point.

"He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Period."

He said that being gay isn't a sin; the act of it sexually, however, is.

I know, that may not make sense to people, and it really still doesn't to me either.

But his sister is gay, and she believes in God, too, and still acts upon it, and asks for forgiveness.

But in order to be forgiven of a sin, you have to repent of it. You can't just say, "God, I'm sorry, please forgive me."(regardless of whether or not you're sincere), and the next day go out and do the same.

He also said that the Bible should be interpreted literally. Some people believe hell is "the lake of fire", literally, while others think it was metaphorically-speaking.

Because, like how heaven is described as "streets of gold." Do you really think it is streets of gold? Some people think yes, but others say it's impossible for a human to describe it in words, and that's the closest they could get.

All in all, I could go on forever about this, I'm sure anyone could.

But I just can't take it. I'm not going to let myself lose sleep, crying over my afterlife being taken away from me because of how I feel sexually. I'm not going to let the popular boy Collin Hillen from my school be afraid of me because of some rumor Amanda Yager started saying that I took her phone and "posed" as her, asked him for certain.... "pictures", I'm not doing it anymore. I'm a too good of a person to end up committing suicide over this issue. (I'm not saying I'm better than those who have) I always have had a good heart, never tried to be mean to anyone, and what do I have to show for it?

A prescription for Zoloft, a low self-esteem, and a broken heart--no, a shattered soul.

Don't tell me that you have dealt with the same thing, or try to "top" my story, this isn't a contest, for one. I'm sorry for what anyone of you has to go through. But I just can't comprehend with "Well...at least you're not so and so..." stories. Why? Because since I have never been exposed to that environment; I am not going to debate over what's normal for one person isn't for another.

I don't know if I explained that correctly.

Also, I realized what everyone is in life:

People-pleasers.

That's the ONLY thing we live for. And I'm not letting people win anymore.

I'M DONE.

So, no more sexual ANYTHING; I just don't care. I don't need the trouble.

I can be happy without it. I don't care if you think I can't, I can.

Please don't be offended by this, I'm just really upset and venting.

But that's how I feel.

I couldn't get a guy anyway.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I just discovered this thread lol.

I can be happy without it. I don't care if you think I can't, I can.

Please don't be offended by this, I'm just really upset and venting.

But that's how I feel.

I couldn't get a guy anyway.
You seem to be really mixed up. If you are gay, I'm sure you could get a boyfriend. Don't be so down, people care.

bored

Smash Ace
Appears as if you've gone and got yourself into a vicious circle, Ethan. Reading your post, I almost feel sorry for you because you don't seem to care about yourself. You're letting other people tell you how to live your life, when in reality you should be living by your own standards. God would only want for you to be happy, and that's it. I'm sorry, but if you continue to act this way, things will never change.

You just need some tough love right now.

bored

Smash Ace
Horrible, I know. It's people like him who give the Republican party a bad name.

poor Ethan. i wish i could say something helpful, but i can't think of anything..
Like I said, Ethan just needs a little guidance.

If you want to message me, Ethan, then feel free to do so. I would be more than happy to give you some advice on how to stop looking at homosexuality as a burden, and start thinking of it as an honor.

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Ethan, you seem like a well-spoken, intelligent guy.

Pretty desirable quality in a potential boyfriend, if you ask me.

Just my $0.02.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Traditional Christianity and Homosexuality or non-Heterosexuality don't mix and probably won't mix. Sooner or later someones gonna do a Henry VIII and start a new Christianity with Homosexuality as a mainstay. It'll be at least as popular as Scientology since lots of famous know-nothing actors will want to show their support and awareness.

The Prophet has Spoken.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Why?

It's a serious issue, and that's what this thread is for: to help people concerning homosexuality: saying "can it" just pushes the problem back further and further.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Why?

It's a serious issue, and that's what this thread is for: to help people concerning homosexuality: saying "can it" just pushes the problem back further and further.
She said can the religious talk, not the gay talk.

The thing is, when religion comes up in this thread, debates pop up. They are endless and no one will ever come to an agreement. Like it's been stated in previous posts, everyone has different beliefs. I think the moderators have suggested you take conversations dealing with religion to visitor or private messages because this is not a thread about religion.

*shrugs*

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why?

The "purpose" of the thread is to assist with coming out.

That said, I'm to have to say that religion is probably directly affecting this individual's coming out so a discussion that is about his situation (if he sticks around) that deals peripherally with religion should be ok.

So, can the **** involving religion in the aether, and let's talk about HIS situation, because he's obviously in a bad state now and could use some help.

Even if that help if, "you know what, you've decided on your values, and if being true to your religion is more important then being true to your sexuality, then who are we to judge, there are plenty of happy single people in the world".

Before making that ditermination, I'd like to ask this Ethan, what is your religion? If a religion with lots of subsets, what denomination?

(probably Christian, but the denomination is important)

-resident practical ally.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm not sure to be honest. At least not right now.
Well, you're obviously a strong believer, so I guess I could qualify you as non-demoninational at the moment, but where do you draw your influences?

But rereading your post, the relationship of your religion and sexuality is a concern, but it seems like you've got more pressing emotional issues.

You seem to be attempting to isolate yourself from other people, because this incident made you feel not safe in your relationships.

But what you've got to understand are that your true friends aren't like that, I don't know what your relationship with this girl was, but if she did that, she's not really your friend (unless it was intended as a joke, in which case a long talk with her is in order).

There are people worth trusting, and it's not a matter of winning or losing, cause in a relationship (friends, family, whatever), letting "them" win means that you win as well.

So don't lose faith in everyone just because of this, instead look for real friends, people who'll truly support you. I've dealt with similar situations, chismis about my relationship with other people, but I had my real friends to fall back on, and that's what allowed me to pull through.

Are you talking to anybody IRL about these issues?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yes, I've been in counseling with my mom ever since she threw a coffee table at me when I told her.

It doesn't help.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes, I've been in counseling with my mom ever since she threw a coffee table at me when I told her.

It doesn't help.
Then, maybe you need independant conseluling, and a confidant you can trust more then your mom.

Also, remember that the real issue isn't the homnsexuality itself, it's the non-social feelings engendered by this incident, homosexuality was just the flash point.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
No. It is this issue.

Look, I appreciate your concern, but I don't think you understand where I'm coming from...I'll have to be more descriptive when I get back.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Am I late to the party?
Jeez... 82 pages in the LGBT thread...
I feel like if I posted this, I'd be intruding on something important.
But, seeing as I'm posting this anyways, you can tell that I -don't- exactly care. :)

Jason: Sixteen-year-old gay Junior, living in South Florida, at your service! <3

To Ethan: not everybody accepts it. Not everybody likes it. It's just something that -you're- going to have to accept and get over, even if she can't. Or anybody else for that matter. I don't have any personal experience from that, aside from my mother cursing me out and telling me that she was taking me to the grave with her because that was the day she died, bursting into tears, yatta-yatta--all that typical coming-out stuff. If your mom don't like it, too bad for her. If you don't like her not liking it, too bad for you. Probably better to just let her live her life and try to avoid the topic.

Then again, I'm only really speaking out of my arse here. I couldn't tell if what I just said was some profound advice, or something some completely ******** buffoon just pulls straight out of thin air.

"It doesn't matter who's wrong or right. Just beat it! (Beat it) Just beat it! (Beat it!)"

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Not sure what to do with Ethan... there are differing viewpoints on the issue but he's choosing to adhere to one that is not very beneficial to him...

he's going to have to change his mind or just suffer for the rest of his life, quite simply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom