• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends uPick AWH **** ITS OVER

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline 10/15, 11:59 PM EST

RainbowFingers [0]
Gova [0]
Lovably Adorable Kanine [1] Krystedez
Raziek [1] UTDZac
Delita [0]
Ryker [2] Soup, Lovably Adorable Kanine
Inferno3044 [1] Mastermind Super Fiend
Soup [0]
Potassium [0]
Mastermind Super Fiend [0]
UTDZac [2] Potassium, RainbowFingers
Krystedez [0]
KevinM [1] Delita

Not voting: Gova, Raziek, Ryker, Inferno3044, KevinM

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Vote: UTDZac

Pri scummy indeed

FoS: Kantrip
FoS: Inferno
FoS: Krystedez
HoS: Raz
  • Can
  • not
  • take
  • Rainbow's
  • Fingers
  • of
  • Suspicion
  • Seriously
Ermahgerd!

You're branching out your rainbow fingers of suspicion and one's touching me. Does this mean we're...

dating?

UTDZac y u bringin attention to raz's crumbs srsly stop so scummy
did i miss something Pot or is your name different than your username listed.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Besides the obvious rainbow colors, I just don't see the why going

"Oh, Kan voted UtdZ"

(votes Utd)

"Hm...he's SUSPICIOUSO"

(foS's Kan)

Where is the line of logic exactly? That is what I'm looking for.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm bored. time to force this game out of RVS.

Kantrip, you seem about as eager to play as I am. Maybe more so than me, but still very eager. What I don't understand is that you're still joking around however and letting RVS just linger for longer than it should. Sure, nobody else has given content worth looking at, but if you're going to post, make it meaningful.

I'm pretty serious about a Ryker lynch if he doesn't post.

#HBC | ѕoup

~Hi My Name Is Zen I Like Posting A lot And Doing Gambits~

:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

1. RainbowFingers (Xonar/BSL)
2. Gova
3. Lovably Adorable Kanine (Red Ruy/John2k4)
4. Raziek
5. Delita (adumbrodeus/Overswarm)
6. Ryker
7. Inferno3044
8. Soup
9. Kantrip
10. Mastermind Super Fiend (SummonerAU/Ranmaru)
11. UTDZac
12. Krystedez
13. KevinM

#HBC | ѕoup

Awww, that guy who was viewing left me. Was waiting for a post too.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@RainbowFingers

Now that we are out of RVS, am I still "pri scummy" to you?

What are your thoughts on Ryker? Do you think he's intentionally not posting the first few days? Is he afk fountain or the no gank, farming jungler.

Delita

Smash Rookie
Don't blame us blame yourself or God - OS/Adum
unvote
vote: Soup

What are you thinking Adumb? Pressuring KevMo this early will just cause a logjam, lets move it to someone that will be relevant.

Soup, you listed 4 people as "dark green", which I assume means more town on your scale. Assuming that two of those were scum, how would you feel about your ability to read people in the early RVS mode of a mafia game?

Would this change your behavior in future games?

Adding to this, did those four (Raziek, Soup, UTDZac, KevinM) earn their placement or did others simply fall out of that color group by their actions?

And the final question, why do you consider us and Inferno so special? We are the only orange and Inferno the only white; what is different about these two slots?

#HBC | ѕoup

Finally.

Soup, you listed 4 people as "dark green", which I assume means more town on your scale. Assuming that two of those were scum, how would you feel about your ability to read people in the early RVS mode of a mafia game?

Would this change your behavior in future games?

Adding to this, did those four (Raziek, Soup, UTDZac, KevinM) earn their placement or did others simply fall out of that color group by their actions?

And the final question, why do you consider us and Inferno so special? We are the only orange and Inferno the only white; what is different about these two slots?
I was using something Zen does to try and force content, he posts a lot of random readslist without basis early in the game and they shift dramatically. While some of it is being serious (The read on Kantrip), the rest was just to get this game going.

Delita

Smash Rookie
Finally.

I was using something Zen does to try and force content, he posts a lot of random readslist without basis early in the game and they shift dramatically. While some of it is being serious (The read on Kantrip), the rest was just to get this game going.
I don't follow. Your plan is to arbitrarily provoke "content" by putting out deliberately false reads?

You said you were pretty serious about a Ryker lynch if he didn't post and listed him as red, same as Kantrip, and then said you weren't serious about the list save for Kantrip.

How are we supposed to interpret this?

It seems the only "content" you're providing is that you are making a mess of the natural order of things. I could possibly understand this method of approach if you went with it for more than 30 seconds but you immediately flip-flopped on your list... essentially making it useless to absolutely everyone.

You have a grand total of one reaction and that is from Delita. What did you learn from this? Is it something you couldn't have learned in another fashion?

You seem especially eager to play the game while simultaneously willing to cloud the waters with non-information and red herrings. This is inherently anti-town by its very nature; town needs legitimate reads to follow.

Do you not find that you are chomping at the bit to simply post, but not provide content, a bit unusual?

I think you need a new strategy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't follow. Your plan is to arbitrarily provoke "content" by putting out deliberately false reads?
Off-base assumption. He said they tend to shift dramatically, not that they were false. Which... you know, makes sense, given the low content-level present at the time of making the list.

Could be something as simple as "I think Kantrip is a poophead, scum". We expect it to change, and if it gets content going (it is), benefit is positive.

You seem especially eager to play the game while simultaneously willing to cloud the waters with non-information and red herrings. This is inherently anti-town by its very nature; town needs legitimate reads to follow.

Do you not find that you are chomping at the bit to simply post, but not provide content, a bit unusual?

I feel like this is deliberately casting his actions in as negative a light as possible. **** content is common in RVS, and Soup's already disclaimer'd it by adding that it's akin to how Zen works, with dramatic changes. So calling it anti-Town and expecting solid reads with no real content is off-base.

Same with your borderline accusation. If he was scum, why wouldn't he just no-content coast? There's excuses and other townies to hide behind who are doing the same thing, so he gets little benefit from sticking his neck out, and it bugs me that you're ****ting on him for stuff he's clearly prefaced his intent for.

RainbowFingers

Xonar | BSL
We had some comments

let me remember

Ah right. Weird thing number one. Adumb, I thought you LOVED RVS, why did you want to leave it so soon?

Soup, Ryker is without internet. Even then, you played enough with him to know that he can be that super-town guy as soon as he comes back and he's town. Lynching him early is foolish. Ryker is a player good enough to decide how easy he is to read.

Delita's berating of Soup is off, I agree there with Raz.

Still think UTD wagon is pri legit. Scummiest player alive, imo.

Kryst, who's scum? Do you see my UTD suspicion?
Ran, what's interesting/worth looking at?
Soup, why policy Ryker but not Gova?

#HBC | ѕoup

Quick responses then I gotta jet.

You said you were pretty serious about a Ryker lynch if he didn't post and listed him as red, same as Kantrip, and then said you weren't serious about the list save for Kantrip.

How are we supposed to interpret this?
They were implied false? They're gut reads based on how I'm reading players intentions based off their posting or lack of posting. I'm jerking Ryker's chain but I'm pretty serious on how I'm reading Kantrip. I feel he's being eager but he's not putting it to use, I feel he's still trying to coast in RVS and when I see posts like this:

Kantrip said:
Explain this vote.

If it's just RVS, why are you ignoring the UTDZac wagon?
I see posts like this:

That would be JTB with the sample role PM.

FoS: Kevmo
Completely different attitude, and it bothers me. I feel Kantrip is struggling to produce legitimate content on his own, (because he's scum).

#HBC | ѕoup

It seems the only "content" you're providing is that you are making a mess of the natural order of things. I could possibly understand this method of approach if you went with it for more than 30 seconds but you immediately flip-flopped on your list... essentially making it useless to absolutely everyone.

You have a grand total of one reaction and that is from Delita. What did you learn from this? Is it something you couldn't have learned in another fashion?
I wanted to play passive and push Ryker for reactions as I feel he's a player I work better with knowing how he responds to me. I was hoping Ryker would post and take my bait but simply put, that didn't happen. I got really bored during work and a bit frustrated that this game already went inactive. You can call it a Hat Trick more than a 'plan' if we're going to put it that way. I'm disclosing comments on 'what I learned' for the moment being.

#HBC | ѕoup

Mafia isn't black and white. You're looking at this like I came into this thread, posted something for no reason, and then tried to coast off it. That's wrong. I posted it because I am looking for people to respond to it. I appreciate the analytical criticism.

Delita

Smash Rookie
Quick responses then I gotta jet.

They were implied false? They're gut reads based on how I'm reading players intentions based off their posting or lack of posting. I'm jerking Ryker's chain but I'm pretty serious on how I'm reading Kantrip. I feel he's being eager but he's not putting it to use, I feel he's still trying to coast in RVS and when I see posts like this:

I see posts like this:

Completely different attitude, and it bothers me. I feel Kantrip is struggling to produce legitimate content on his own, (because he's scum).
"Gut reads"? They either mean something to you or they're red herrings.

Which of those on the list are actual reads of yours? I don't expect you to post a colored list of names without a legend or reasons and then go back when it is convenient and say "oh that one was real, but this one wasn't". If the read is just a bull**** read, don't post it. If it's a legitimate read, make a case and run with it. If you've got both, don't combine them so we don't know which is which; that only helps you.

More importantly, you think Kantrip is scum because he is "struggling to produce legitimate content on his own", yet you post a list of inconsequential reads for the sole purpose of other people providing content off of them? You are guilty of the same thing you accuse Kantrip of.

But let's say that your read on Kantrip is legitimate and logical from your standpoint for whatever reason; the truth of the read is irrelevant to his alignment and it's a good a place to start as any.

Kantrip, what do you think of the exchange between Soup and myself?

Others have already commented, so I guess everyone can join in. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. If you don't have an opinion, just say you find it null, that's perfectly fine. It's having a statement on the matter I'm looking for.

I wanted to play passive and push Ryker for reactions as I feel he's a player I work better with knowing how he responds to me. I was hoping Ryker would post and take my bait but simply put, that didn't happen. I got really bored during work and a bit frustrated that this game already went inactive. You can call it a Hat Trick more than a 'plan' if we're going to put it that way. I'm disclosing comments on 'what I learned' for the moment being.
Fair enough on the "what I learned", for now.

Are you aware that Ryker has been having activity issues lately? Both he and KevinM hydra'd in Overswarm's Wall mafia and were modkilled for inactivity.

Should that activity continue with the two of them, what do you propose we do about it?

Mafia isn't black and white. You're looking at this like I came into this thread, posted something for no reason, and then tried to coast off it. That's wrong. I posted it because I am looking for people to respond to it. I appreciate the analytical criticism.
Mafia is very much black and white. It's only grey when you don't know everyone's alignment, something scum don't have an issue with for the most part. Reading actions as black and white is an effective way of finding scum. If you didn't, everyone could get off the hook of anything by saying "oops, I was wrong" or "I misspoke, I really meant this..." or just "wasn't me". To determine if the action could be done by a townie, you have to find their motive. This is why reasoning is important.

But here's the thing: I figured you were doing exactly what you were going to accuse Kantrip of doing. It's the only thing you can accuse him of at this point.

That is why I worded my post in the way that I did, so that anything you posted to defend yourself related to Kantrip was in fact a defense for Kantrip.

For reference, all of Kantrip's posts:

Summoner name is Kantrip.
I like top lane.

Man Ruy your ping is off the charts, hope you won't be lagging this game. :p
The heads of the hydra are located in the location. It's OS/adumb.
Ahh, okay yeah no problem.
Confirming.
Mmmmm what a tasty combination. He can be high elo no matter what.

UTDZac is telling his defeat stories to make people feel sorry for him, what an obvious scum ploy.
UTDZac

If I were to guess that you've played mafia before but this is your first game in a while, would I be correct? What's your experience like? How about if I were to guess that you sharing your story about losing to Zilean is an attempt to make people feel sorry for you?

Vote: UTDZac
Ermahgerd!

You're branching out your rainbow fingers of suspicion and one's touching me. Does this mean we're...

dating?

UTDZac y u bringin attention to raz's crumbs srsly stop so scummy
I suppose that was similar. Do you think it was scummy of me?
Exactly. That's why this isn't the same as what I did to your Zilean mention at all. Derp.

Would anyone else care to hop on this wagon? We've got a scummy on our hands here for sure. Back later.
Explain this vote.

If it's just RVS, why are you ignoring the UTDZac wagon?
That would be JTB with the sample role PM.

FoS: Kevmo
Yeah I'm Kantrip.

What about those rainbow fingers of suspicion can't you take seriously?

All of these are fairly obvious RVS posts, but like I said before we are assuming that your scum read on Kantrip is logical.

You're accusation of Kantrip is that he can't produce legitimate content on his own and simultaneously that he has a different mentality between two RVS posts. I won't comment on those as I don't see them really being worth commenting on. Feel free to explain the difference in mentality later.

But the legtimate content?

Could he not have said:

Soup said:
or

Soupwithawordchanged said:
While some of it is being serious (The read on UTDZac), the rest was just to get this game going.

EBWOP: This includes garnering reactions.
Could he not have said this about UTD Zac:

soup said:
I feel he's being eager but he's not putting it to use, I feel he's still trying to coast in RVS and when I see posts like this:

You say you are serious about your read on Kantrip. I would like to know how this can be justified given that you have already said your content was designed specifically to garner reactions.

Raziek seems to believe that your content was crap too, as per his defense of you earlier.

Raziek said:
Calling it anti-town and expecting solid reads with no real content is off-base
and

Raziek said:
**** content is common in RVS
aaaaaaaand

Raziek said:
If he was scum, why wouldn't he just no-content coast? There's excuses and other townies to hide behind who are doing the same thing, so he gets little benefit from sticking his neck out, and it bugs me that you're ****ting on him for stuff he's clearly prefaced his intent for.

Your actions and Kantrip's actions are two sides of the same coin. I'm not necessarily condemning or approving of either, but I am going to need some explanation of why your side of the coin is the shinier one.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wasn't here all weekend. Will have this read by the end of my computer class in two hours, seeing as I died in my other obligation.

Mastermind Super Fiend

Ranmaru|SummonerAU
@Rainar: My penis. My vote. And the following:

I think Post #191 is legit and I agree that Kantrip has a different mentality this game. He is trying really hard to seem town here.

Delita I don't understand why you are arguing with soup if you don't even comment on Kantrip's actions. It just feels like you are arguing to argue [since you ask for him to convince you his side is shinier than Kantrip's side while not considering Kantrip's side] and I won't be able to get a read on you from that, since I'd just mock it up to null.

I want you to tell me why you haven't commented on Kantrip's actions before you approached soup.

Delita

Smash Rookie
@Rainar: My penis. My vote. And the following:

I think Post #191 is legit and I agree that Kantrip has a different mentality this game. He is trying really hard to seem town here.

Delita I don't understand why you are arguing with soup if you don't even comment on Kantrip's actions. It just feels like you are arguing to argue [since you ask for him to convince you his side is shinier than Kantrip's side while not considering Kantrip's side] and I won't be able to get a read on you from that, since I'd just mock it up to null.
I want you to tell me why you haven't commented on Kantrip's actions before you approached soup.[/QUOTE]

What good would that have done? I don't have to condemn or praise Kantrip's actions to have an opinion on Soup's. Soup was the aggressor so he's the one I'm questioning. Questioning Kantrip's actions would be pointless as I consider them to be RVS material.

Top Bottom