• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends uPick AWH **** ITS OVER

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nunu being dumb doesn't break top.

I'd prefer you simply elaborate on your absurd claim rather than bother Mogwai.

:phone:
Imbalanced gank routes, ridiculously sensitive to pressure from other lanes, ridiculously snowbally, that's what's what's wrong with top lane.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Imbalanced gank routes
Exists in bottom lane as well, though slightly less of a problem due to 3v2 instead of 2v1. Only a problem early in the lane, as you should be warding constantly after first back.
Ridiculously sensitive to pressure from other lanes
True, but why is that a problem? Kind of expected in a solo lane.
ridiculously snowbally
This one I'll give you.
that's what's what's wrong with top lane.
Ok? So you described the result of playing a solo lane where the jungler can't always be around to gank, like mid can.

Snowballing is the only real problem you just described, which is legitimate and apparently attempting to be addressed for S3.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Being fair Raz, some if those problem were things Riot did say they were looking at among other thinks.

Which they hinted at changing masteries and such.

Though I agree I don't think it is broken over just centralizing.

:phone:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Exists in bottom lane as well, though slightly less of a problem due to 3v2 instead of 2v1. Only a problem early in the lane, as you should be warding constantly after first back.
In bottom lane it helps mitigate the advantage that blue side has because they can take golems. It doesn't, because they have supports and can ward level 1, but that's a whole different issue. Blue side op.

Frankly, the problem is primarily a pre first back thing, but that's where the snowballing usually happens.

Also, if you're buying 3 wards every 3 minutes, you will lose your advantage/the opposing laner will snowball. Wouldn't be a problem if mid actually warded their jungle entrances but we know how often that happens.

The particular game that made me throw up my hands and say "I'm done" with top lane involved me dropping a ward in tribush, the enemy jungler was there and he left because the laner wasn't close enough to do anything. I was freezing the lane on my side so the enemy couldn't farm, about a minute after I drop the ward I walk too close to the second bush while trying to zone the enemy laner and I'm bear stanced and die before I get to turret.

Yea, top lane... screw that.

True, but why is that a problem? Kind of expected in a solo lane.
Isn't true of top lane because the lane's much shorter and the farming tools are generally much longer range. When a failed gank (don't even burn flash), or a gank where an enemy jungler dies and your lane opponent only gets an assist is enough to snowball the lane, you've got problems.

Ok? So you described the result of playing a solo lane where the jungler can't always be around to gank, like mid can.

Snowballing is the only real problem you just described, which is legitimate and apparently attempting to be addressed for S3.
They all really go back to snowballing, ways to make your lane snowball or the ease of starting the snowball.

Frankly a lot of this comes back to character design of top laners, they tend to have really strong offensive mobility but little defensive mobility, they also have melee and tend to not have reliable ranged farming tools which both makes them more vulnerable to pressure and means that once the snowball has started it's impossible to farm, and the lane's just so incredibly long that you're often stuck with being extremely overextended just to be in xp range, let alone farming because freezing lanes on your side is SO strong.

Hell, because of the size of the lane and the crazy offensive mobility bruisers have even if you're not a melee champ and/or have significant ranged farming tools you STILL in the same position because the the enemy can just jump on you. Also those champs tend to have the fact that they have safer farming negated by the fact that champs with gapclosers tend to be able to just jump on them and eat them.

Because of the character designs (melee with mostly targeted abilities and the skillshots that exist are usually very fast), it's not like you can even do much in the way of outplays to get past an opponent's advantage.

I dunno, the only champ I find fun in top lane is lee sin atm because of his extensive mobility so he actually has some defense against this. I'm hoping jayce is similar in this regard.

Yea, I know they're gonna rework it, which is why when I originally did this rant in the league thread, I said at least till season 3, but for right now, it's broken as hell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
EBWOP:
"Isn't true of mid lane because the lane's much shorter and the farming tools are generally much longer range. When a failed gank (don't even burn flash), or a gank where an enemy jungler dies and your lane opponent only gets an assist is enough to snowball the lane, you've got problems."
Fixed

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I no longer play yorick, I started playing yorick when I began realizing how terrible top lane was and wished to inflict that suffering upon my opponents, hopefully making them realize this in turn they'd complain to riot and the rework would occur more quickly.

I stopped playing yorick when I realized "oh bugger this, I'm just gonna play mid!"

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Top lane is the best lane, pssh.

I don't play league much more for funsies as I do playing with my team. It's pretty much exclusively team practice, scrims, and tourneys. I really enjoy the 5v5 team atmosphere.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Just a small update, the setup will be done by tonight and I'll hopefully be able to get it reviewed tonight as well. So expect PMs tomorrow if it all works out!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Someone should totally play some League with John and carry him.

Ruy does it quite well. :b:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Ruy and I make a good team.

When his internet is stable, at least. :awesome:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Setup is done! Just looking for someone to review it real quick, then role pms will be coming!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i had already messaged xivii earlier, but i'll send one to marshy too

Top Bottom