• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

red and yellow, red and yellow
red and yellow, red and yellow

ANTi_

Smash Hero
this game has officially become a joke. i say boycott all Unity Ruleset events.

tis a democracy not a republic.

TEAM M2K
Lmao i love this ***** KT.

@Keit - Lol totally changed my opinion of you but w/e.

Im tryna see them vids Bio!

TEAM M2K

Actually link me to the ustream

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lmao i love this ***** KT.

@Keit - Lol totally changed my opinion of you but w/e.

Im tryna see them vids Bio!

TEAM M2K

Actually link me to the ustream
lol why? I'm not lying or anything, simply what I remembered. If you did tell me before losers finals then my bad bout the mistake. Still was after one of the members of the split forfeited.

Its not like I was all for you guys splitting or anything, I've always frowned upon it.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I won't publicly come out and say what I think about this splitting issue, but I just think it's funny how since the BBR-RC has initiated their Unity Ruleset, every week or so we have some new big issue in the Smash community. Keeps things interesting and provides publicity... though not the best kind.

Anyways, Shoutouts time!.
1: Ally - It may be safe to call you the best player in North America at this point. Congratulations on your success Elliot. Proud of you.
2: Anti - Lol, I'll hit you up about the Yellowcard thing later. We'll have fun talking about this.
3: ADHD - Always in the middle of some Brawl controversy, aren't ya?
4: Mew2king - Jason... 'sup. Again.
5: Nairo - I choked so hard. Sorrryyy :[
7: Atomsk - Top 5 hugger in the Smash community. ****ing ****.
9: Logic - Say it with me Ant... Ice. Dragon. Warrior. You messed that up so many countless times. It's not science man -____-
9: Malcolm - Ma mans!!
13: Keitaro - Amazing tournament as always Keitaro. Shame this brought so much unnecessary controversy, but glad to see you're sticking to your guns. Good stuff.
13: Jbandrew - A man smaller than I.... you make me feel good about myself :3
17: Fatal - Didn't get to talk to you much, but always a pleasure seeing you.
17: Pwii - No lie, your drill necklace looks cool.
17: Bloodcross - Glad to see you've improved so much in game and controlling your temper. Hope you keep ****** buddy.
17: Nakat - Ugly ****ing creature.
17: vVv Chibosempai - Lol, you **** broski!
17: Dr. Grandpa - Best DK?!
25: EMP D1 - My Rachel sister. Never a dull moment with you around.
25: Will - Falco :[
25: Vinnie - Nice hanging/talking with you. Cant wait til Genesis!!
25: Kingtoon - Team M2K. Thanks for making this thread amazing xD
25: Deltacod - Fun car ride. Also, good **** ****-talking Gunblade!! <3
25: Inui - TEAM M2K!
33: Dark Falco - Fun games in tourney. Falco is so gay now compared to '09 Falco. Hope you keep improving.
33: Kai - Kai <33333 Fun times with you at Denny's.
33: vVv Cheese - You look good without the facial hair. Keep it up.
33: SeagullMan - True pleasure meeting someone as chill as yourself. We'll see each other on Facebook, you did join the club afterall ;]
33: EE Flowers - Lol Seb's sister talk, too good!
33: Remix - Nice to see you regained your passion for competitive Brawl. Wish you the best of luck, tiny warrior.
33: Kid - ****. You.
33: Inferno - Thanks for the ride and putting up with my **** in your car ;]
49: Heero - Over a year without Brawl and look how ****ing good you are? Gooodness, I ****ing ****.
49: Izumi - My baby Dave. Missed you buddy.
49: Nasty - Shame we didn't get to play, but it was nice seeing you after such a long time.
49: Gunblade - My name is higher on the list so I did better. Get ****ing *****.
49: Ikon - Prettiest female Smasher is what you are buddy.
49: James - What I told Brendan/Bunbladder/Bootyblades
65: Bionic Sonic - Fun tourney set. Lol PK FREEEEZE!!
65: Cable - Maybe you should stick to Melee? LOOOOOOOOOOL <3
65: ???? - You smelled really bad, I just didn't say anything to you ;]
65: Eazy - Ma man with that upset face when D. Disciple said he didn't like the Vikings. LOOOOOOOL Good stuff seeing you.
65: Pierce - Yup... better than you at your own game. ****ing shame. Still though, baby Pierce grew up. Proud of you man.

People who were too cool to enter Brawl:
Vex: Glad I finally got to pay you back for the food you got me like over a year ago. Good stuff in MK9 too.
blackanese: Still one of the funniest kids in Brawl. **** <3
diem: Hype seeing you play Marvel and remember... sometimes you just need to look in front of you for the things you're missing ;]
Zucco: ****ing jewjew. Nice seeing you man and just talking ****.
Bleachigo: Ma manss! Fun carride with you and glad to have see you again.

Well guys, unless something incredible happens in NJ again this was basically my last NJ brawl tourney (lol Genesis), brawl really isn't my game but that's another story. Nice seeing almost everyone and glad I went out with such an amazing tournament. Long live KTAR.

Edit: Oh yeah, Keitaro, one last thing...
I forfeitted to mystery player A so like...
Am I getting a yellow card too?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

TEAM M2K
My friends got caught doing bad stuff and punished for it BUT Im NOT GONNA TAKE IT. FIGHT THE POWER

No really though, if you don't like Brawl and need money get a job. Would have been a red card if it was up to me!

Keitaro

Heero, that is true. Its actually kinda pissing me off now tbh. I don't wanna be seen as a police man that comes around and goes "hey stop that!" and piss everyone off. That's not my style and one of the main reasons I never wanna be a mod.

Though a lot of things being done are attempts to make this community better but people are instead looking at it as bs.

In the end, AZ cares A LOT about the community and if anyone simply takes a close look at what he's been doing they'd be in awe at just how much he's going out of his way to make smash better both publically and for the players in general.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's pretty hard to hype grand finals when the matches directly leading to it are a complete 100% joke, or didn't occur at all, even.
that's brawl for you :troll:
im kind of surprised people split at a tourney this size tho
not gonna lie m2k forfeiting at pound 5 was a huge buzz kill for me. i would love to watched him vs ally then really dukin it out, since loser got what...7th? that's kind of insane, and neither of them wanted to place that low, would have been intense.
he forfeited because melee/winning doubles with Armada was more important to him. it happens bro

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm not even sure what to think.. On one hand I think the card rule is kinda BS but on the other I guess it could be good.. but still using that in 100 man tournament is pretty laughable.. this isn't on a scale of SF 4 or Starcraft. This is indeed smash.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I cared alot actually. When ADHD told me about the split, which was when I first heard of it, I was originally against it but after I heard grand finals was going on there wasn't much I could really do about it about it at that point in time. How I decide to take care of it and when I decide to do it is my own business. There's no rule that says "take care of business during a timespan of 3 hours" and such.

You guys clearly did something that wasn't supposed to be done, how you gonna try to point fingers at me?? And like I said, by the time I heard of the split it was too late. I most likely would tried have forced you guys to play if I knew about the split before hand.

I will admit that I didn't even remember the rules of splitting in the Unity ruleset until I got home which is why I didn't really go up in arms about it that much in person, but I was still sad and annoyed upon hearing about the split in person and wanted to prevent it.

And if anything, you guys in the end are still okay as its only a yellow card. Doing stuff like this in the future will result in a red card for any player.
Do these cards actually mean anything lol?

I'm going to split in private if I feel like it anyway. It's impossible to stop. Just so it's not so oblivious, people can sandbag and make the sets look genuine.

Keitaro

I'm going to split in private if I feel like it anyway. It's impossible to stop. Just so it's not so oblivious, people can sandbag and make the sets look genuine.
Tbh, go ahead and do this. Just don't announce/make splitting obvious.

I think like a lot of the smashers out there. The best options for this tournament were to either not split and play the matches out or split but keep it secretive and make the matches look like ya'll tried or just try in the matches and split.

But look what happened at MLG. You guys failed to do it correctly. Think you can in the future? Feel free to try but good luck as the track record for faking matches isn't looking too good.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
720p stuff should be done by tomorrow morning and i'll start uploading tomorrow afternoon

but they might be out of order lol
Hype, hopefully.

You're too much of a show off/prideful johner to do this D;

TEAM M2K
So we out to the club

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Goddamn I love Shoryuken. I died so hard at this:

rofl. Just when I thought the Smash community couldn’t sink any lower. It’s funny how Melee players think they’re pro at the game because they have this dumb **** called “tech skill”.
I bet Melee players would get stomped in a real fighting game like ST or something.

:phone:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Goddamn I love Shoryuken. I died so hard at this:

rofl. Just when I thought the Smash community couldn’t sink any lower. It’s funny how Melee players think they’re pro at the game because they have this dumb **** called “tech skill”.
I bet Melee players would get stomped in a real fighting game like ST or something.

funny cause a BRAWL player beat damien and a MELEE player beat Sanford XD

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Exactly, lol. People just can't fathom tha some people are just good at video games.

Example: POPS is just kind of retardedly amazing.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anti: would it have mattered if Keitaro said anything? You simply bringing it up showed your hand that it was going to happen, you just wanted him to do the math for you I bet. In the end Keitaro had every right to do something about it after the tournament was done was it was expressly not allowed in the rules.

Regardless, the system is in place now. If you guys do split again good luck keeping it quiet, peoples track record is terrible with that stuff.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tantalus: You quit because you support splitting?

Another view (from AiB):

God is my Rock said:
I drove 6 hours total, and spent over $100 to get a hotel for two nights just so I could run the live stream. I don't do this so players can mess around during the most important matches. It makes me not want to live stream events when this crap happens

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti: would it have mattered if Keitaro said anything? You simply bringing it up showed your hand that it was going to happen, you just wanted him to do the math for you I bet. In the end Keitaro had every right to do something about it after the tournament was done was it was expressly not allowed in the rules.
Duh it would've mattered smartass lol.

If he was passionate about his tournament to the point where he was serious as hell about us not splitting i would've respected his word enough to not split since he's usually respectful to me.

An eye for an eye.

But what's done is done.

EDIT : Most likely would've told ADHD + M2K "Keitaro said we cant split because we will get banned from the next KTAR or something." ... simple.

Keitaro

Me not coming up with a decision immediately is not = to disrespectful.

If anything it was more of the BBRRC's decision as a whole to do the yellow card for this tourney anyways. In the end, you guys are still fine.

Like I said, even I forgot there were rules against splitting in my ruleset (not gonna remember every damn line of a ruleset) but there were rules against.

I see nothing wrong in my decisions and yes I did agree for the yellow card for you guys.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's all this backlash against a yellow card, anyway? It's not like it actually negatively affects you in any way, since the difference between that and "do it again and you're banned" is zero. I guess this puts your name in a thread and adds a date that the warning expires, but other than that you aren't penalized in any way for having broken a rule without knowing the consequences.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What's all this backlash against a yellow card, anyway? It's not like it actually negatively affects you in any way, since the difference between that and "do it again and you're banned" is zero. I guess this puts your name in a thread and adds a date that the warning expires, but other than that you aren't penalized in any way for having broken a rule without knowing the consequences.
Um.. did you not see what happened? It negatively impacted the community for putting these rules as standards. Because of that it makes the community look childish.. it's one of the ways to maybe control the players that do this. But I disagree with the objective approach. Some people, when you fight each other all the time, you'll have enough respect to split the money regardless.. because maybe they are good friends.. of course you have to do it in a subtle way. Don't be dumb when the rules were clear to begin with. Play it out and do what you can.

In other words, if you want to be a rogue, do it properly, if not then it makes you look like a ******* =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The alternative seems to be not going with a yellow card/red card system and just telling them they're banned until the TO's feeling forgiving. >_>

Good friends splitting afterward but not letting it (very blatantly) affect the outcome of the match isn't quite what the rule is aiming to prevent. If a rule is needed to prevent people from just negating Winners' Finals, Losers' Quarterfinals, Losers' Semifinals, and Losers' Finals, and that rule makes the community look childish... well, perhaps it's because the behavior it is punishing is childish, itself.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You mean not do things, right? Don't fix matches, don't tell everyone you lost 'cause it doesn't matter since you're splitting, etc.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well ya and anyways.. if people aren't strong to take these guys down, they don't deserve to win, simple as that.
I also don't see how top players suddenly earn this "privilege" to basically toss out the final tier of tournament play just because their skills got them far enough to win some cash.
Apparently, though, it doesn't really matter who wins when several placements mean the same thing.

Top Bottom