• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 5 Results - 5/21/11 - 116 Entrants!!

Tony T

Smash Ace
*Shakes head* That's not how it's done. You gotta add some personality to this!
Ok how about I start busting some *** until I'm the best Lucario in EC and I wont stop even when I am the best, I'm tired of getting low ranked time and time again when I know I should be placed better than 65th at KTAR 5, for that I'm disappointed in myself for not doing well, I feel like I not only let myself down but I let down anyone who was counting on me. If anyone from NY/NJ is doing any smashfests other than Deven in Manhattan please let me know because I want to keep improving and one day actually get in top 8 at a tournament with Lucario!

How is that for personality Kage?!

Too bad im the 2nd bess cario in EC ^_^.
No you're not damn it you're a MK how are you 2nd bess cario in EC, nonsense keep your eye on one character bro lol.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Anti plays more than just mk. lol He can beat alot of people here with his secondaries.
ok fine its just I hardly see him use Lucario that's all I apologize for snapping earlier but I'm still upset at my placing at KTAR 5 because I didn't win a single match and I lost alot of money in mms, I feel awful.

Jtails

Smash Lord
I used MK/diddy/Ness

Fun matches to everyone, Shoutouts later.

TonyT. If you have time to complain, you have time to train and get better ;)

Tony T

Smash Ace
I used MK/diddy/Ness

Fun matches to everyone, Shoutouts later.

TonyT. If you have time to complain, you have time to train and get better ;)

You always know what to say to cheer me up don't ya.

*takes a deep breath and exhales*

Ok the two positive things that happened at KTAR 5 was I had alot of fun and I also managed to win at least 2 mms despite the others I lost and got alot of good complements from the ones I did face, and that helps alot.

Thank You Jtails I needed that :) and to prove it I'll see if I can make something happen at Panes event at Kings Games on June 4th.

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah I can see why that would be difficult for someone not used to them. But yeah, there's so much srs bsn in here, that I think everyone should get a pay check :troll:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
was the splitting rule in place when this ruleset was first made?

if it wasnt, i dont really think its right to punish people for breaking a rule that wasnt made until after the action was done.

-Remix-

Smash Journeyman
Mayneeee.

Why are you guys still talking about this little role model situation? Let's all direct everything towards my avi. ;D (Allied is so sexy)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

if it wasnt, i dont really think its right to punish people for breaking a rule that wasnt made until after the action was done.
Why not? Even if there wasn't a written system with all of these specifications before they did their arrangement at KTAR, I'm sure it was already common knowledge by that time that splitting was the root/core of the problem. They still did it, so it is what it is I suppose.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
As you guys can see, M2K, Anti, and ADHD have been yellow carded due to splitting/bracket manipulation at KTAR 5. Because these regulations for splitting have just been made after the tourney, they will receive only a yellow card and not a red card.

Splitting just makes tournies less hype, less interesting, less entertaining, less *insert synonym of hype here*, etc. This is not something I'd like to see at my own tournies. I was extremely hyped to watch over finals matches and have others see it and go "OH SNAP THE KTAR 5 VIDEOS ARE UP!!" and instead we get reverse main bull****.

Splitting/forfeiting for reasons like a venue closing or a player absolutely having to leave are fine. But most other reasons won't be tolerated by me for my future events. I'd like to keep our community active, interesting, and competitive and this type of behavior goes against it.

I love how alot of smashers are decent enough friends to split, but its simply best to just duke it out in the end. Shoot, there's already over 100 people here so all of top 4 is going to get $80+ anyway which equals profit. Just fight it out next time and give the rest of us smashers around the world something interesting to watch. I love you guys and wish the best for you all. If anything don't take the yellow card as a punishment, but as a lesson learned that will hopefully help the community grow into a more competitive nature that will build rivalries and spark more interest in players getting better to prove them selves in the smash community.

Keitaro said:
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.
Although general, yes there was a rule against splitting in the original KTAR thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
KTAR 4 = LGL drama
KTAR 5 = brawlstar splitting drama

What will M2K do @ KTAR 6?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok how about I start busting some *** until I'm the best Lucario in EC and I wont stop even when I am the best, I'm tired of getting low ranked time and time again when I know I should be placed better than 65th at KTAR 5, for that I'm disappointed in myself for not doing well, I feel like I not only let myself down but I let down anyone who was counting on me. If anyone from NY/NJ is doing any smashfests other than Deven in Manhattan please let me know because I want to keep improving and one day actually get in top 8 at a tournament with Lucario!

How is that for personality Kage?!
Heh, as long as you don't give up, anything is possible. Realize what your mistakes are and fix them quickly.

So what about now? Will top players still will find a way to secretly do things their own way or they will care about the community and show them what they've got lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Keitaro, it's not like you guys hype up grand finals.

The end is coming so close.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's pretty hard to hype grand finals when the matches directly leading to it are a complete 100% joke, or didn't occur at all, even.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
It's pretty hard to hype grand finals when the matches directly leading to it are a complete 100% joke, or didn't occur at all, even.
Im not saying it was for just this tournament

Even at Pound V, where none of that **** happened, NO Hype for grand finals.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

It's kind of hard to hype up grand finals when there are hype Melee matches in the near vicinity, so that's not really a fair thing to cite.

I don't care for the debate between the two games or any of that, but it's sheer fact that Melee hype overrides any potential Brawl hype if they're both going on at the same time. People kept pouring out of the Brawl room into the Melee room like sand in an hourglass every time there was some yelling going on. That's just the way it is.

Brawl can absolutely be hype if people knew that the top players were really trying and duking it out for that first prize. If you guys are seriously only in it for the money instead of the fun/hype/etc, then get a job to cover those needs. Bottom line.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not gonna lie m2k forfeiting at pound 5 was a huge buzz kill for me. i would love to watched him vs ally then really dukin it out, since loser got what...7th? that's kind of insane, and neither of them wanted to place that low, would have been intense.

Keitaro

Keitaro, it's not like you guys hype up grand finals.

The end is coming so close.
That's pretty much my answer for that.

Alot of factors can go into that. Brawl takes forever so by the time grand finals are up people either have left the tourney already or completely expected the outcome. Somehow Melee nationals seem to almost always have hype finals due to Armada facing *insert top American Melee player*. For some reason the gaps in skill in grand finals at brawl nationals are too much or its just Ally vs M2K which happened so much.

If Hbox and Mango made it to gfs all the time I'd never watch. Luckily there's at least 5 Melee players on Hbox's level and Armada always coming here so gfs are different almost everytime. That and Melee is simply more fun to watch than Brawl most of the time.

You know for a fact Apex wfs, lfs, and gfs were hype as hell!! That was some of the best competitive matches I've ever seen and I almost cried watching some of those matches!!

not gonna lie m2k forfeiting at pound 5 was a huge buzz kill for me. i would love to watched him vs ally then really dukin it out, since loser got what...7th? that's kind of insane, and neither of them wanted to place that low, would have been intense.
I was very hyped for that and sad when M2K forfeited also :/

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Btw Keitaro pretty 2-faced of you to act like you didn't care about the split when i told you we were splitting the money AT the tournament but when you get home you wanna be all.

As a heads up, some actions will be taken upon what happened regarding the M2K forfeiting/splitting situations. Will be announced shortly.
Enforce your **** AT the tournament, should've let me known it was in the rules...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
[yt]UrmhB_vJjYI[/yt]

Uploading livestream stuff of the missing replays while Ashley records the replays we have in HD.

Keitaro

Btw Keitaro pretty 2-faced of you to act like you didn't care about the split when i told you we were splitting the money AT the tournament but when you get home you wanna be all.

Enforce your **** AT the tournament, should've let me known it was in the rules...
I cared alot actually. When ADHD told me about the split, which was when I first heard of it, I was originally against it but after I heard grand finals was going on there wasn't much I could really do about it about it at that point in time. How I decide to take care of it and when I decide to do it is my own business. There's no rule that says "take care of business during a timespan of 3 hours" and such.

You guys clearly did something that wasn't supposed to be done, how you gonna try to point fingers at me?? And like I said, by the time I heard of the split it was too late. I most likely would tried have forced you guys to play if I knew about the split before hand.

I will admit that I didn't even remember the rules of splitting in the Unity ruleset until I got home which is why I didn't really go up in arms about it that much in person, but I was still sad and annoyed upon hearing about the split in person and wanted to prevent it.

And if anything, you guys in the end are still okay as its only a yellow card. Doing stuff like this in the future will result in a red card for any player.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I cared alot actually. When ADHD told me about the split, which was when I first heard of it, I was originally against it but after I heard grand finals was going on there wasn't much I could really do about it about it at that point in time. How I decide to take care of it and when I decide to do it is my own business. There's no rule that says "take care of business during a timespan of 3 hours" and such.

You guys clearly did something that wasn't supposed to be done, how you gonna try to point fingers at me?? And like I said, by the time I heard of the split it was too late. I most likely would tried have forced you guys to play if I knew about the split before hand.

I will admit that I didn't even remember the rules of splitting in the Unity ruleset until I got home which is why I didn't really go up in arms about it that much in person, but I was still sad and annoyed upon hearing about the split in person and wanted to prevent it.

And if anything, you guys in the end are still okay as its only a yellow card. Doing stuff like this in the future will result in a red card for any player.
Bold = Anti Vision.

I'm not pointing fingers at you? You're just the tournament organizer so i would've expected you to let me know if i was breaking the rules or not.

And we did the splitting calculations in your face man, And we did the split before LOSERS finals.

Top Bottom