• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS and Drk.Peach Are Too Good

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I've been making a lot of bold statements over on the Diddy Forums for the last several days regarding KOS-MOS and his Peach. Obviously, I held off on indulging in elucidating my claims about the Peach match-up so I could take the time to get these videos up. I just finished uploading the last video in my series against KOS-MOS' Peach just a moment ago; now, I'm going to take this time and use this space to acknowledge a few different points, observations and accusations that have been made ever since I issued this statement a few days ago.

To preface, I have played KOS-MOS for a couple of years now, since the tail-end of Melee's lifespan to Brawl's present. The occasionally-updated Brawl Oklahoma Power Rankings have largely consisted of a friendly battle of musical chairs between KOS-MOS, Chuck Nasty (PT) and myself for almost an entire year. My meeting with KOS-MOS in tournament and countless friendlies are pretty well-documented around these parts, although it's worth mentioning that I was more or less on a hot streak against him from September through one of the last legs of winter in February.

As evidence, here is a friendly from January:

I think it is fair to say that this is how many of our matches used to go: they were fun and exciting and somewhat close, but with me usually winning the slight majority of matches.

Since then, KOS-MOS has decided to definitively figure out Brawl and has forever altered how this and several other match-ups are to be played. He has been on a recent and unstoppable tear through not only the best Diddy mains around these parts, but also through a slew of Texas' top competitors and others around the region.

I have not been violated this harshly since the psychological scarring I received from Roy_R months ago. In many ways, this perpetual *ss-beat that I've been receiving these last several weeks has been much, much worse than that in a number of ways.

The most recent match additions to this thread were matches culled from a series of almost 40 matches we recorded on a Wednesday evening last week, and the ones I have chosen to showcase are all in chronological order.

As a disclaimer, I make a series of critical missteps and fall victim to generally poor decision-making forced by KOS-MOS brilliant play in more than a handful of these videos. I am not oblivious to this fact. However, it should also be noted that I am baring everything from that evening; all of its ups and downs as well as performances that outright embarrass me, enough to the point that it made me want to cry knowing that other people were going to see it.

Despite that, there was an emphasis that I wanted to make, and that is that I am not, by any means, a flawless or infallible top-level player from my region. I routinely get wrecked and destroyed just like every other Diddy Kong main trying to get good at this game – the difference here between most other players and myself is that I am unafraid to put up videos of me looking like a complete scrub. I would rather be humanized now as someone with the capacity to fall under the weight human error rather than be written off as overrated later down the road, because I have absolutely no interest in masquerading as a "top player" who never loses.

Now, I begin my task in unraveling a match-up that I thought I had down pat for months. KOS-MOS has literally changed every single dynamic about the way this match-up is supposed to be played, and I will probably have to lose several more times before I arrive to a reasonable conclusion.

As it currently stands, though, I feel that Peach is Diddy Kong's worst match-up in the game.

Also, KOS-MOS will very soon emerge as the undisputed best Peach player in the country. If he isn't already.

Enjoy this while it lasts, Chris. I'mma **** you up very soon, brother. <3

Friendlies @ The 4303 [Norman, OK, 29 April 2009]

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not to drum down your comments or anything, but we've all long been riding the KOS-MOS parade for quite awhile. I myself plan on intensively watching all of these - I await KOS's future tournament results with gleeful anticipation. :p

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Not to drum down your comments or anything, but we've all long been riding the KOS-MOS parade for quite awhile. I myself plan on intensively watching all of these - I await KOS's future tournament results with gleeful anticipation. :p
I'm aware; I've lurked around here for awhile (except for that one time I interjected when everyone was being emo in another thread), but the difference here is that I come bearing video evidence. =) I've got a couple of other instances of KM against other characters, which I will get up soon as well.

Unless KM wins Apex this weekend. Then I won't have to upload anything.

goodkid

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS is good, but yeah your right about him not being as notable as some of the other Peaches. He's going to Apex? Well we will be sure to make sure he does well ^.^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is not gonna end well at all. I give it a week before this gets closed, and this time I won't have anything to do with it.

Then again, new competition. I think it is time me and Kos-mos fought. We gonna do this at apex and have it streamed if Kos-mos expects.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This thread has KOS-MOS in it. It'll probably turn out to the most amazing thread ever posted in the Peach boards. :D

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Drk.Peach: As KOS-MOS' public relations manager, I will accept the challenge on his behalf. I will also throw in a coupon for $2 off the newsstand price of the latest issue of Cosmopolitan as well as a bottle of Great Value shaving cream for any stock you manage to accidentally take off.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Drk.Peach: As KOS-MOS' public relations manager, I will accept the challenge on his behalf. I will also throw in a coupon for $2 off the newsstand price of the latest issue of Cosmopolitan as well as a bottle of Great Value shaving cream for any stock you manage to accidentally take off.
What the hell? is all this talk and riding his azz really needed? And me take stocks off him by mistake?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh my goodness Thien, I'm laughing so hard now it's tough to breathe. That was too good! :laugh:

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
LOL, Señor Peach. I'm just having some fun. Loosen up, 'cause the Peach Boards are always about STREET CRED and BEIN' NUMBA ONE and SKERIOUS BIZNAZ

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Glad you are enjoying this show and find it funny. I'll end all this crap once and for all. People wanna underrate me TOOOOOOOOOOO much now. I'll be the one laughing at the end wheo I pull stuff off one of you expected.

And I'm not gonna have his body guard except the match for him. KOS-MOS can come in here himself and except.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Meh, too much videos. :S

Which one is the best one? I only want to see one of them, since my internet is slow and sucks.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Very nice. I must learn the ways of KOS-MOS. D:<

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Zero: If you want to see me get obliterated, watch #4. If you want to see me but up a decent fight, #11 and 15 are good. If you want to see KM lose, just pick the ones where he lost; there are only two of them.

Mr. Peach: I'm sorry, all challenges have to go through me, and if you're not happy with that, I'm sure I can reschedule an appointment in the future.

Also, you're right - I do have the tendency to bring the party.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Zero: If you want to see me get obliterated, watch #4. If you want to see me but up a decent fight, #11 and 15 are good. If you want to see KM lose, just pick the ones where he lost; there are only two of them.

Mr. Peach: I'm sorry, all challenges have to go through me, and if you're not happy with that, I'm sure I can reschedule an appointment in the future.

Also, you're right - I do have the tendency to bring the party.
Over my dead body. I'll play who I want, went I want.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll get the meds... :urg:
If you like to avoid problems, aviod posting like this to sound funny.

And one more thing that is making me sick around here. Why the hell are people riding this dudes butt so much now? He is good yes but goddamm. Over one damm tournament? Let the man breath and keep hacking it. People got on me so much when others rides my azz, yet look at you people. Dammit man.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I wasn't trying to sound funny. :ohwell:

And don't be jealous of his attention, let people cheer for who they want in peace. It's no big deal.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm being penalized 15 yards for excessive celebration. Welcome to the NO FUN LEAGUE

I should be able to say things like:

KOS-MOS is so 3008
Drk.Peach is so two thousand LATE

all while doing the Cupid Shuffle. Without having to look over my shoulder!

Superspright

Smash Lord
No offense, but Dark.Pch Is English your second or third language? Because I am having a hard time understanding what the hell you are writing. But, I hope for epic matches from both of you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then wth was that comment for? Explain yourself

And I was waiting for one person to bring that jealous crap up........

I am not jealous of this dude. Edreese was always over me in ranks. and never once was I jealous of that due. I gave that man respect. Even till this day. I never had a problem being behind him And never cared to surpass the dude. I was fine with my position. So get that idea out of your head.

Well, what do you know. I am the cause of the problem again. I wait to get banned again. this might be my fifth time. and last too. I might the the electric chair for good.

The dude is good and has skill. And obviously dude has done nothing to me or even says much so of course I got respect for him. but this is......

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I wasn't trying to sound funny. :ohwell:

And don't be jealous of his attention, let people cheer for who they want in peace. It's no big deal.
I thought it was funny, and I'm trying to be a nurse x) Let's see, something to control agitation and paranoia... i'd have be a nurse practitioner to prescribe meds :p But definately, agitation and paranoia. Maybe a delusional disorder, or a personality disorder. I've been thinking lately, histrionic personality disorder, but there are no meds for that :( Therapy and all that is all there is i think~

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We cheer for him because he is amazing.

I'm sorry you're not used to people cheering for you, but you really shouldn't be upset at the fact that people love Kos-Mos. He's an extremly nice guy, and has more talent for smash then 99% of people who play this game.

And that is very obvious when you play against him, as I think not a single person who has played him recently isn't left with a sense of awe and inspiration.

Do you awe and inspire people?

:p. Watching videos isn't enough to understand how good Kos-Mos is with Peach.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
KOS-MOS is so inhuman that his videos changed my Kirby icon to Peach.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Welcome to Texas Dark xD They always hype up their players.

NOT saying it's not well deserved, because Kos-Mos is a beast, and actually such loyalty is admirable. But if you're getting all defensive over Texas players backing their own, you haven't talked to a lot of Texas players xD Don't get so upset.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
We cheer for him because he is amazing.

I'm sorry you're not used to people cheering for you, but you really shouldn't be upset at the fact that people love Kos-Mos. He's an extremly nice guy, and has more talent for smash then 99% of people who play this game.

And that is very obvious when you play against him, as I think not a single person who has played him recently isn't left with a sense of awe and inspiration.

Do you awe and inspire people?

:p. Watching videos isn't enough to understand how good Kos-Mos is with Peach.
Oh really now. Well then, lets let this thread be my last and final resting ground on smashboards for when I get banned yet again, I am sure the mods are throwing away the key. So lets go!

Again I am not upset about this. why dont you people ask instead of assuming?

And I l already said I respected the dude and all. But all of this gets driving back towards me. And I already gave up from trying to get peoples respect. I'm, a washed up player as Peach just a thing of the past. I got no more skill.

I'm still on retirement and apex decides wether I stay on it or just go. and seen I been away I slowly been losing it.

I challenge KOS-MOS to a match streamed and wanna know if he wil except and have no one talk for him. He ether excepts it or not, and I am indeed filled with rage. personal problems none need to know about.

So again KOS-MOS, we playing at apex or not and I'll take my leave and let the drooling for you comence once again.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
As KM's PR manager, I accept on his behalf.

LOL.

Praxis pretty much hit it on the head. I stand behind all my boys 'til the day I die. I'm calling it right now: Top 5 will be some mixture of Razer, Dojo, KM, UTD Zac and Plank.

I will sponsor all of the South's MMs upwards to $300.

I'm glad someone else other than Texas gets Texas. =) I wish I would have gone to HOBO 16 just to meet you, Praxis!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This manager thing again.........

Ok then, lets have some fun before I get banned, this might be within 12 hours, 24 if LUCKY

How many matches are me and KOS-MOS gonna have?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
This manager thing again.........

Ok then, lets have some fun before I get banned, this might be within 12 hours, 24 if LUCKY

How many matches are me and KOS-MOS gonna have?
Best 2 out of 3. If the third match goes to timer, the first set will be declared a tie and then we will move onto a tie-breaking event: a combined Tables, Ladders & Chairs Wrestling MM inside of a Hell in a Cell. Submission moves are void; the match is over whenever someone dies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok then.

Will the mactes be broadcasted for all to see on the WEB and will we have it annouced so all much watch. Like use important TV's for this?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
maaaaaaaaaaan, why couldn't this have stayed a video thread . all I wanted was to see a diddy get ***** and now we have this. peach boards used to be cool, used to just be chilled, and we were known for no drama. =(

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
A Sunday live stream is a must. If you manage to make it out of pools by Sunday, this ditto will at least be somewhat worth watching.

Back on topic, can anyone who has watched my friendly with Chris from January tell me how to beat him? He's totally flipped the script on me, and it doesn't even remotely feel like the same match-up it was two months ago.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
maaaaaaaaaaan, why couldn't this have stayed a video thread . all I wanted was to see a diddy get ***** and now we have this. peach boards used to be cool, used to just be chilled, and we were known for no drama. =(
Lets get this straight. Peach boards don't start drama. I am the problem as usual. I start it and mods finish it. The other players here do nothing.

A Sunday live stream is a must. If you manage to make it out of pools by Sunday, this ditto will at least be somewhat worth watching.
Back on topic, can anyone who has watched my friendly with Chris from January tell me how to beat him? He's totally flipped the script on me, and it doesn't even remotely feel like the same match-up it was two months ago.
Why would making it out of pools matter for this? Can't we just fight reguardless? What if he does not make it out?

Top Bottom