• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Thread

Beat!

Smash Master
I did not know that.

Sweden ***** god damn.
Congratulations. You are now enlightened.

stelzig remains shrouded in darkness. Not 100%, though (he did say that Scandinavia>all).

bubbaking's last few posts in this thread have all been very good.

Although you can add Slalom (and it's different variations), Team handball, Curling, Biathlon and Cross-country skiing to that list.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I do want Sweden to win, just not when they are against Denmark, that (along with Norway) is the most important matchup to win. lol.

Beat!

Smash Master
All games. Sweden vs Denmark in football (not american football), Sweden vs Norway in all ski-related sports, Sweden vs Finland in ice hockey etc.

Scandinavian rivalry goes wayyyyy back (I'm talking before your country's history even started).

Sweden da bess tho.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Yeah. Sadly it isn't very interesting in smash at the moment. Sweden is just way better than Norway and Denmark. Right now, I guess we can compete with Norway for 2nd best in scandinavia though, then move on to Sweden after that :p

Edit: Danes, or at least I, never really consider Finland in these rivalries btw. I understand if swedes do though as they have some history with Finland. It seems to also be more common for Sweden, Norway and Finland itself to consider Finland part of scandinavia in the first place. I was a bit surprised when I first learned this, I have always only considered scandinavia as Denmark, Sweden, Norway. Finland and iceland (and Greenland, I guess) "just" being nordic countries :)

Beat!

Smash Master
Technically, you're right. I just find it natural to consider Finland scandinavian as well, because not only are they right next to us, they've also been part of Sweden for a long time.

Also, both Norway and Denmark suck at Ice hockey so there's not much rivalry to be had there. =p

stelzig

Smash Lord
I don't really follow ice hockey, but I thought Denmark did quite well a few years back? (and if not then... Well both Norway and Denmark are better than Sweden at handball. Both men's and women's league :p)

We should probably stop hijacking the kirby video thread, lol.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how everyone in Finland is very, very passionated by the Finland-Sweden rivalry ("The most important thing is not victory, but that Sweden loses") when in reality Swedes don't even consider Finland their biggest rival. I was actually pretty surprised when I first found that out few years ago. I guess that is just because Sweden is our only bordering country with very similiar culture while Sweden has Norway, Finland and Denmark.

Smashwise Sweden is the best Nordic Country, followed by Finland. Norway is third, Denmark is fourth and the worst is Iceland. I think that pretty much is the order in other sports/esports also. That is however easily explained with the fact that Sweden is easily the biggest Nordic country both by population and area. Finland is very slighty bigger than Norway in both population and area. Iceland is clearly smaller than Sweden, Finland or Norway. Denmark is actually easily the smallest Nordic country if determined by area, but little surprisingly, it's the second biggest Nordic country by population. Therefore we can just say that Denmark sucks. :troll: But yeah, Nordic countries ****.

We should just rename this thread to "The Nordic Countries Social Thread".

stelzig

Smash Lord
Haha, don't sleep too much on Denmark ^x^ (that goes for sports as well. Looks to me like Norway and Finland didn't qualify for the euro cup in football (you know, that huge european sport :p) this year, Denmark qualifying as 1st in pool with Norway, and Sweden as 2nd in pool with Finland ;) We could talk more sports, but that would be silly since there is so many so i'll just go back to scandinava > all)

If you still count neutroni though, then i'll give second in smash to Finland easily :p

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, I think Denmark and Finland kinda compete for dat 2nd spot. Kinda depends on what sports/games you consider important.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
If you still count neutroni though, then i'll give second in smash to Finland easily :p
You're sleeping on Northern Finland if you think Neutroni is the only Finn who would **** Norway/Denmark/Iceland ;) Plus we have a lot of rapidly improving players in Southern Finland who will definetly be big names in Europe in future.

stelzig

Smash Lord
pffft, i'm just a neutroni fan. Also, Finland has a high quantity of players so I bet their average skill level is still lower :awesome:

And... Just you wait and see how well we do @ terebi next week compared to how you did when playing against the swedes in your own country! :cool: (or at gamers meetup, whatever :p)

I am surprised no mod has stopped this yet. I suppose it is because kirby boards aren't popular anyway :p

Paju

Smash Journeyman
And... Just you wait and see how well we do @ terebi next week compared to how you did when playing against the swedes in your own country! :cool: (or at gamers meetup, whatever :p)
I actually wanna see you guys doing well. =P You seemed like really cool and nice people at BEAST 1 and BEAST 2 so good luck! But realistically speaking, you haven't really done anything too spectacular yet so I'm pretty confident you won't be doing that good when compared to us. =D And speaking of Gamer Meetup, there were only 5 Finns: Mayhem, Paju, NamiNami, RTpmwe and Jekkukissa. Mayhem is ranked as 7th best player in Finland atm, I am ranked as 9th best, Nami is ranked as 10th, RTpmwe 13th and Jekkukissa isn't ranked. Mayhem ended up being 7th in Gamer Meetup (though I must admit he did get pretty lucky at 2nd round of Winners' Bracket as Pepito was DQ'd from Winners' Bracket. I still have faith in Mayhem that he very well could have won against Pepito, as I also 3-0'd Pepito in mm we took in there ;)), I ended up being 9th, Nami ended up being 13th, RT ended up being 25th or smth and Jekku didn't get to bracket. Thats pretty good if you consider how we are ranked in Finland atleast in my opinion. :cool:

Jonas

Smash Champion
Denmark is actually easily the smallest Nordic country if determined by area, but little surprisingly, it's the second biggest Nordic country by population. Therefore we can just say that Denmark sucks. :troll:
Lol yeah we have no excuse to suck at Smash. 5 million people, and or scene only has like 15 players. Step it up, Denmark :(

stelzig

Smash Lord
I am surprised that you are all ranked that low, I thought your rankings were just outdated. If Finland has alot of hidden bosses (like neutroni) that just don't attend anything, then I suppose Finland technically is 2nd.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I am surprised that you are all ranked that low, I thought your rankings were just outdated. If Finland has alot of hidden bosses (like neutroni) that just don't attend anything, then I suppose Finland technically is 2nd.
Yeah the rankings actually are just outdated. =( Mayhem and I are both atleast top5 in Finland atm, maybe even higher, and Nami is probably something like top7. I just tried to make us look better than we are in reality. =P But atleast Peki and Nipi (and Samochan) are still really good players who just haven't attended in any big national tournaments in Finland for a long time (let alone out of country tournaments). Though I must admit their placement in Tampora 2 was pretty dissapointing, not gonna john. But I'm still pretty sure Finland is better than Norway/Denmark/Iceland. :cool:

Massive

Smash Champion
Silly Nords, your cold resistance doesn't make you inherently good at smash.

I'm pretty sure it's the odd-smelling fish entrées and funky extra vowels.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Edit: Danes, or at least I, never really consider Finland in these rivalries btw. I understand if swedes do though as they have some history with Finland. It seems to also be more common for Sweden, Norway and Finland itself to consider Finland part of scandinavia in the first place. I was a bit surprised when I first learned this, I have always only considered scandinavia as Denmark, Sweden, Norway. Finland and iceland (and Greenland, I guess) "just" being nordic countries :)
Wait, seriously?!? How could Finland not be part of Scandinavia if it's clearly a part of the Scandinavian Peninsula? It seems even more Scandinavian than Denmark.

Smashwise Sweden is the best Nordic Country, followed by Finland. Norway is third, Denmark is fourth and the worst is Iceland. I think that pretty much is the order in other sports/esports also. That is however easily explained with the fact that Sweden is easily the biggest Nordic country both by population and area. Finland is very slighty bigger than Norway in both population and area. Iceland is clearly smaller than Sweden, Finland or Norway. Denmark is actually easily the smallest Nordic country if determined by area, but little surprisingly, it's the second biggest Nordic country by population. Therefore we can just say that Denmark sucks. :troll: But yeah, Nordic countries ****.
I don't think you can use population size or area as an explanation for why certain players in a country are good. If that was the case, we'd have a lot more good Smashers from everywhere that wasn't Scandinavia...

stelzig

Smash Lord
Well for one the finnish language isn't even germanic and is impossible to read or understand, but norwegians, swedes and danes can all read eachothers' language and often understand the spoken language as well, at least when spoken clearly.

In case you didn't already look it up on your own: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia :p

Jonas

Smash Champion
Wait, seriously?!? How could Finland not be part of Scandinavia if it's clearly a part of the Scandinavian Peninsula? It seems even more Scandinavian than Denmark.
It's not really about geography. Denmark, Norway and Sweden have a shared history and culture that goes back well over a thousand years. At some point in history, Danish territory even included the entirety of Norway and parts of Southern Sweden, so it's not as if that small puddle of water has done much to seperate the countries.

Doesn't mean the countries have ever been bff's though :bee:

bubbaking

Smash Hero

Beat!

Smash Master
Well, at the very beginning of that article it clearly says that the cultural region Scandinavia consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. =)

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
Have to comment to finnish power rankings.

Yes: Very badly outdated and Mayhem and Paju are easily the most dangerous active palyers nowdays. Hard to say what their placement could be in PR. Anything between 1. and 8.(?)

Why it is so hard? Because we DO have different kind of "hidden bosses" :p

1. Neutroni (Retired pretty much)
2. Peki (Not attended in the tournament recently. reasons: there haven't been tourneys lately and when we does have one: it is somewhere around south Finland and it is pretty hard and expensive to make it sometimes
3. Nipi (Same reason as Peki + He doesn't talk much so sometimes we need to wonder is he still alive :D)
4. Me (bËst). I Haven't played a single tournament since B.E.A.S.T II round 1. pools with any motivation. I've been just throwing matches to try something fun with different characters. It's been a long time since I've for example used my IC'n as a mainchar in tournament.
5. Samochan. Once again Finland's long and expensive distances are the mainreason. Samochan also haven't been playing lot for a while so her skill level is nothing but a big questionmark.

Under these facts, we would love to get at least one tourney with all the best players with their full motivation to be able to update our rankings. At the moment: it is nothing but a big bowl or missleading text-garbage :D

BTW: Why is this discussion in a KIRBY-Topic!?!?! :D. I just noticed after writing this *_*

Massive

Smash Champion
I've said it before, but if there was no random cross-chatter or people asking the same questions repeatedly, there would be no posts on the kirby boards.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I've got a question... Why are you guys using the video thread as a social/general discussion? :|
I've said it before, but if there was no random cross-chatter or people asking the same questions repeatedly, there would be no posts on the kirby boards.
In all honesty though, I would like to see some kirby vids... :)

Paju

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty old. I think it was summer 2010 :)
The tournament was on 2.4.-4.4.2010. You can find the dates and times in videofiles: B-100402-233929-Armada(Kirby)-kJaB(Pikachu)-PS.mp4 for example means: Television: B - Date: 2.4.2010 - Time: 23 hours, 39 minutes and 29 second (probably when the match starts) etc. ;) I didn't even remember that VilNess got third in that low tier tournament. Good ****.

You can find those videos on ajpanton's youtube channel too. Here's a link for the first match of VilNess vs Armada set for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMq7ZmEaN4A (includes Armada's kirby).

Top Bottom