• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Thread

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Not even going to lie pretty epic. Watch out for that moonwalking, and beware gannon is faster than kirby.

My best advice is I quickly noticed you would keep makeing the same mistakes like you would always come down dairing on his falco and he would up-tilt you and other things like that would would make a the same mistakes over and over again. But yeah great matches.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
i liked watching those vids. thers not too much new kirby footage out there.

vs ganon you must play right because he has so much over kirby. a few times you would roll away from ganon(in first match). the first time was not a bad move but not the best and the second time you could have hit him from his upb landing lag. also dtilt and dsmash make awesome edgeguards vs him.

falco is one of my favorite matchups. getting his lasorz changes kirbys game completly. it stops falco from approaching and you can even throw in double lazor to ftilt witch is nice. or grab. also sweet kirbicides in those matches.

jiggs kirby matchups shouldnt ever happen. if you can throw in a 00s usmash then it is a good idea for a quick kill. i have also been able to hist jiggs with a ground hammer when she does her forward b.(on rare occasion)

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Only watched the jiggs vid since its the only one i felt like watching right now.

Against jiggs, go for dair spikes not kirbycides. If she doesn't struggle, you can't recover like you can with bigger characters. Jiggs is really the only character you shouldn't kirbycide unless it's the final stock. Also, try to throw out some dairs if the jiggs tries to edgeguard.

That's about all I can think of right now.

BunBun

Smash Master
Don't try to fall on Falco with dair. You'll get utilted every time xD

Oh yeah, and don't attempt the inhale off the stage unless you're sure you can get it. Kirbs is too easy to gimp if you have to use all your jumps to get back.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Try and take some of the best videos from the other threads and post 'em here, to make the list bigger and more attractive. Like from the previous video thread, or from the other small threads people have made here and there, you know?

BunBun

Smash Master

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
really cool matches BunBun. I don't know if I were kirby on my last live I would try to suck them up and jump off the edge even if they lead.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Kirby ***** all high tiers period.
And kirby's moves are awesome its just it takes time to learn his start to finish combos, I'll say on a personal note they're all more advanced than most characters on the game. Its takes alot of speed and experince to understand him.
I'll give you a hint too. Every combo ends in despair and you don't get a second chance. In a way he's just like jiggs,combo to despair.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
BunBun:

Grab the edge more for edgeguarding. You don't have to chase most characters when they're recovering low, just time the invincible Bair. You missed a lot of your offensive offstage Bairs. Just wait and kill them with the easy ledgehop Bair. Or drop weak Bair --> strong Bair.

Stop D-smashing so much. If you get behind them, U-tilt could have worked too and done a better combo probably. And been less punishable on block or whiff.

After Bairs when they hit the ground sometimes you can get a free grab and try to keep the combo going. You hit like B-throw (Roy hits platform) Bair, then Roy falls to the ground and blocks and you like Baired or retreated. You can just grab --> D/U/B-throw or something in those cases. Following with throw sucks because Kirby can't legitimately do much from grab but it's better than just leaving him there.

D-tilt more.

Don't roll so much, just WD OoS. Faster and better often.

edit: For Pink Reaper

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Rolling has been obsolete as the main way out of shield for a while now.

Get used to it.

Wavedash is mainstream.

Jump --> waveland off platform will grow in time.

BunBun

Smash Master
I have trouble WD OoS without using both triggers, so I tend to roll just because it's quicker for me, as I'm not used to doing the WD OoS.

I'll get better eventually.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I WD OoS with the same trigger I shield with(R) MOST of the time(im training myself to use both triggers)

Its actually not that hard which is why i've stopped really trying to use both triggers, you just have to get used to releasing the shield while you jump OoS and then air dodging immediately. Its difficult at first because of the small frame window to do it perfectly(3 frame jump, Air dodge on frame 4) but once you get used to it it's not that hard.

Top Bottom