• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Thread

Triple R

Smash Lord

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for posting your vids RRR, they've shown me what I could be doing better. Good to see Bluezaft still teaming with kirby mains.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Got a few more vids from a tourney from the other weekend. Definitely don't feel as good about this tourney. Vids are vids though! Also if you are ever bored on a Saturday afternoon/night, you can check out a stream I usually have at my smashfests: twitch.tv/starreaver1 If you ask for me, I'm sure they could put me on.

Results of the tourney: 4th of 22 in dubs and 13th of 81 in singles.
http://smashboards.com/threads/winter-warehouse-throwdown-2-results-11-23-2013.342948/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOa8McGi14 (Zeus/Kels vs Bluezaft/Triple R)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-w4Zq4QLDQ (Tempest/Steel vs Bluezaft/Triple R)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkx-QAS6Guk (Mundungu/Slayer vs Bluezaft/Triple R)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-f54pJrR4 (D. Disciple vs Triple R)

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
A weekly stream that features RRR and Bluezaft? I'll check it out for sure sometime. I'll get some videos to post here sooner or later, it would be great to get some feed back from actual Kirby mains.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I watched the 2 matches yesterday. Kinda forget what all happened. Pretty much practice makes perfect and by that I mean practice moving around smoothly.

Other than that off the top of my head I can remember two things:

1. Your opponent doesn't seem to tech kirby's dthrow or uthrow. Jab reset him when he misses a tech as a spacie. You can do whatever you want after that.

2. Try to squeeze in opportunities to use uair. There were a lot of times that your opponent would land on a platform and you would just bair them. If they are recovering on a side platform and are laggy, hit them with an uair. At mid percents it will set up for an edgeguard, at higher % it will kill. Uair will have waaaay more punch to it since bair is likely to be stale from using it all the time.

I know there are other things, but those are a couple of things to keep in mind right now.

Are there other questions you have on mind? Or are there things were wondering about specifically?

karu_no_saru

Smash Rookie
Would you say the jab reset is always the better option to punish a missed tech with, compared to ..say, utilt juggle ->bair?
And do you think there's any situation where a ground hammer can be used as a hard read techchase? :)
Thanks for taking the time to watch the videos!

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
You can do almost anything you want to do after a jab reset, so there is no reason to not use it. For example you can jab reset -> turn around up tilt.
Yes you can hard read with a grounded side-b, but it's almost never worth attempting because if you miss ( which is usually the case ) you get punished hard. Side-b should almost never be used simply because there are usually safer and more effective options in any given situation.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah, like Gold Dart said, you might as well jab reset them. You can just do the same combo you suggested right after if you wanted.

Side-b, talk about a bad risk reward, but it's an interesting move. Yeah, if you wanted to play it safe and not leave yourself open, you would probably never use it. The only time I use it and actually think I'll land it is when I bthrow a spacie towards the ledge and have them cornered. Lots of the time they won't tech towards you so you sometimes only have to guess between 2 options.

If they are completely cornered, like the spot they land is exactly at the ledge but not off the ledge, it can actually be kinda safe. Just space it so you would barely tipper them. If they roll at you and you space it right, they can be hit by the backswing to make you safe. Pretty situational though.

So yeah, I basically only try it if I bthrow them by the ledge or if I am dthrowing them on a platform, which also restricts their options. Heck, a few years ago I dthrow M2K on a platform and got the hammer techchase. Still lost the set, but you get the picture.

utilt can combo into reverse hammer tipper on the back swing. Which is stupidly precise in positioning and %s. Fun fact.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Got a bunch of vids to post.

University of MN Triweekly: 1st of 15 teams, 7th of 32 singles.

http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713361 Winner's Semis (Slayer/Triple R vs Tempest/Chexr)
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713367 Winner's Finals (Slayer/Triple R vs Wake/Maxy B)
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713379 Grand Finals (Slayer/Triple R vs Tempest/Chexr)

http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713384 Pools Match (Triple R vs HTAG)
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713391 Loser Round 5 (Triple R vs Tempest)

Melee Tourney at Pixels Video Games in Iowa: 3rd of 8 teams, 3rd of 22 singles.

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503612165 [1:01:50 - 1:08:30] Winner's Semis (Slayer/Triple R vs Tempest/MOMD)
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503612165 [1:26:00 - 1:42:00] Winner's Finals (Slayer/Triple R vs MegaRobMan/JBM)
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115 [00:00 - 15:45] Loser's Finals (Slayer/Triple R vs Tempest/MOMD)

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115 [7:49:50 - 8:10:00] Winner's Finals (Triple R vs JBM)
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115 [8:11:25 - 8:26:40] Loser's Finals (Triple R vs Slayer)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hey Kirby boards, I come here with a question. Recently I've been doing some work to help out the low tier Melee boards, and figured I might offer my services to update the video thread here (since it doesn't look like kuya is going to make a big updated OP)

If you want to see what it'd look like, check out my work on the G&W Video Thread and can check out the last post of the Pichu Video Thread to see what will be the new OP there (as soon as a mod hands me the thread).

It's a great way to get videos organized and helps you if you're looking to learn specific matchups. Would the Kirby Boards be interested?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't see why not. Heck, go for it. Some change could be good.
I might get to work, generally I take a post (probably this one) make a collapsed thing, then ask for the OP when I'm ready. It pretty much is just going through this thread and the whole board until I manage to get it all done. So... when my daughter takes her next nap expect some big things here :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, after looking at the example pages you linked to and contrasting them to this topic's original post, I say go for it.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Actually, I've been wanting to get your impressions on that match RRR. I have rewatched it many times mentally pointing out all the mistakes I made. I'd love for you to lay down some cold, hard, truth on what to work on. I went 0-2 in a local tourney last week and I'm way too salty about it.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Actually, I've been wanting to get your impressions on that match RRR. I have rewatched it many times mentally pointing out all the mistakes I made. I'd love for you to lay down some cold, hard, truth on what to work on. I went 0-2 in a local tourney last week and I'm way too salty about it.
I'm going to assume you are Mooninite. Confusing Smashboard names confusing me at first. I've watched the set a few times now. I don't have any ground breaking advice. I make a lot of mistakes in my play as well, but I can just go through your set and point things out that stick out to me.

Yuck, striking to FD. Definitely are worse stages to go to, but FD is not my favorite. I always feel like platforms give Kirby more things to work with, even if Marth can tip you from below them if you get stuck on them. I'm usually willing to take that chance. Still not a bad choice against Marth in the end though.

:47 - I can't really fault you on using Dthrow this whole set. Normally I would, but if Crimson Blur doesn't know how to punish, I can't tell you to stop doing it lol. I honestly haven't tested all the options with Marth. The only punish I know for a fact that Marth has on Kirby when he gets Dthrowed is UpB. From my experience Marth can pretty much always use UpB to punish Kirby before Kirby is done with the Dthrow cool down. Maybe Marth can actually just fair or something instead for an easy punish, but UpB is the only thing I've ever had someone do to me. When I get a grab in this matchup I usually opt for Uthrow. It's a safe throw that gets them in the air. Sometimes I'll use Fthrow or Bthrow when near ledges just to get them offstage and I don't think they will mash out. Again, heck, if they don't punish keep doing it lol.

1:00 - Marth Fsmashes your shield. Easy punish I go for is wavedash out of shield and grab him. Unless he tippers your shield at max distance you should always be able to get this. If you're closer, you can probably wavedash into a tilt. I think I see you do this later on in the set.

1:06 - Something I need to work on as well. Marth hits you offstage, and you start jumping back. You get really aggressive for a recovery. I think you actually use all 5 of your jumps and try to dair him. It worked out but if he was just a little further back and fsmashed you again, you wouldn't have had any jumps for a recovery. In this specific scenario, Crimson actually shows you a ton of respect when he doesn't need to. He backed way off. You actually could have just floated safely back to the stage no problems and touched down near the ledge way sooner then you actually did.

1:37 - Really dangerous spot to do an UpB at. Marth could have walked up and done whatever he wanted. Not just because he was under you. There was also no hitbox for him to be afraid of on your way down. The cutter animation would have gone through him without a hitbox because of how high you started it. Final Cutter's hitbox disappears when it falls past the point that you started the move. Something to keep in mind.

2:36 - Like what you did here. It's actually something I've been telling myself I need to mix into my game. I usually don't go for the light shield edgehog. I usually just CC the UpB and dtilt him and just repeat this until he can't make it back. I think a combination of crouching cancelling the UpB and dtilt then rolling into the light shield edgehog could be the best overall edgeguard. Have to start trying it myself.

16:07 - The Choke! Happens to the best of us! lol

I didn't really pick out much inbetween the first match and the rest. Lots of the stuff repeats situations anyways. I thought it was pretty good play though.

I'm just going to say how I usually approach this matchup just for some food for thought. This is one of the many matchups where I hold down A LOT. Can't really grab you unless he dash grabs usually, and Dtilt is pretty good in general. Once they start to figure out they can dtilt me back, I start just mixing it up with fair approaches. So I basically go back and forth between ducking and dtilt footsies and fair approaches. Marth has a bad shield so fair does a decent job of shield poking since it has 4 hits on landing.

If Marth has the ledge and I'm on stage. I hold down for dear life as always. I will gladly take a fair or first hit nair to CC dtilt or grab them as a trade.

Other than that, once you know Marth's spacing it's just a patience game. Play safe until you get in and then try to stuff him with all of Kirby's quick ground moves/grabs/bairs/fairs.

Gotta get going and that's all I got for now. Anything you hand in mind yourself? Or any questions about what I said?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Thanks for the in depth response. Just a few things I would like to know..

Is dthrow safe any time after 30%? I got a lot of mileage out of the dthrow ftilt at high percent, but is that really not feasible against someone who knows better?

Does dtilt hit below the stage, as in, can I hit marth's double jump as opposed to his upB? I went for it a few times and missed, and wondered if I am better off just not being in lag from a whiffed dtilt.

What percent does bthrow -> uair stop working?

That's what I was basically focusing on during the match, while forgetting other things I picked up from you.

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Thanks for the in depth response. Just a few things I would like to know..

Is dthrow safe any time after 30%? I got a lot of mileage out of the dthrow ftilt at high percent, but is that really not feasible against someone who knows better?

Does dtilt hit below the stage, as in, can I hit marth's double jump as opposed to his upB? I went for it a few times and missed, and wondered if I am better off just not being in lag from a whiffed dtilt.

What percent does bthrow -> uair stop working?

That's what I was basically focusing on during the match, while forgetting other things I picked up from you.
So my instinct tells me that dthrow is basically not safe until like 80%-100%, but I went into training mode to test things anyway. So the first thing I tried was just setting Marth at 31%. I basically dthrew with Kirby and held shield to see if Marth could hit him with something before Kirby could get his shield up. At 31% I could hit Kirby with Upb and fair before he could shield. Upb was fairly easy to do. Fair was harder and required me to DI as straight up as possible to get it out. Both punishes are possible at this percent. After that I just went up by 10% increments. 41% same. 51% same. At 61% pretty much the same; I was able to shield upb sometimes. It seems to be dependent on how the Marth DIs if he can get it out I guess? Fair was still able to punish Kirby though. At 71% I could always seem to block upb. Fair still punished. At 81% I blocked everything. So somewhere in between 71% - 81% and higher you are looking to not get punished.

There's a lot of things that still could be explored knowing this. One thing is I don't know how fast shield comes up or how many frames it takes to block. Maybe you could use the frames it takes to block to counter attack instead somehow? Fair comes out in 4 frames. The grounded moves that Kirby has that come out at 4 frames also are utilt and dtilt. Ftilt comes out in 5 frames, which is still quick. If you're going to try to challenge a Marth fair, those are the moves to try. I guess jab is frame 3, but Marth would have to be close to you. Another thing to keep in mind is crouch cancelling these punishes. Maybe you could bait them trying to fair you and CC into something after they hit you. This could easily work if you think you will get the better of the trade war, especially considering they might not expect it. So you could hold down just in case they hit you. Say you start a set with someone and you are still unsure if they know they can punish Kirby, you could hold down just in case. If they don't know, go to town. If they do know, they hit you and you stay on the ground for a possible counter attack. In the end I doubt dthrow -> ftilt is feasible at any percent. To be 100% sure, I would have to test it with another person. I think Marth's fair should stuff you first. That's all I got on that.

Bthrow -> Uair % is a really hard to thing to answer. It's strictly DI dependent. If someone were to DI behind Kirby, cause that's the way he tosses you, you will never be able to combo into uair. They fly way too horizontal for Kirby to follow up. To my surprise even with straight up DI Marth seems to fly to far away to follow up. The only time I could get uair to register as a combo was when Marth DIed up and into Kirby. I could get this to still combo in the high 80ish %'s. After that it's probably still way viable, cause it's probably missing the combo by a couple frames. In my book that might as well still be a combo lol. So basically if you have to DI like an idiot to get hit by it :(

I have a few thoughts on why this combo actually happens in practice a decent amount despite the easy avoidance with DI. First is they try to mash too late. People realize they got grabbed by Kirby and might not have the muscle memory to break out against the character. So they rotate the control stick too late after the throw is working causing them to have bad DI. The other thing I could think of is "positional fear". At least that's what I'll call it. Most of the time when I do bthrow I am tossing them offstage. People are probably too scared to DI towards the blast zone by the ledge so they DI up and/or in to have survival DI instead. Survival DI then makes it possible for this combo to hit. Same thing could be said with fthrow -> ftilt with fast fallers by the ledge. If they survival DI instead of DIing away the fthrow, a ftilt can land at a lot of %'s

I almost forgot to address your dtilt by the ledge question. Overall I would say go for it. Kirby's dtilt does go below the ledge. I think Kirby's dtilt is actually really good. I don't think it's quite as good as Marth's dtilt by the ledge, but it's still good. If someone sweetspots against Kirby's dtilt, you have to give props to them, cause that was a good sweetspot lol.

Kirby's dtilt is slower than Marth's easily, but I don't think the lag is that bad really. Against Marth specifically I don't think there is really anything to fear even if you whiff a dtilt edgeguard. Just hold down while you are doing it. If you aren't above 70%-80% you are still at advantage imo. Say you whiff. What will Marth do to punish you from his hanging position? Maybe fair or nair? Fair can be CC for quite awhile and will lead to Marth getting dtilted back off stage again. If he nairs instead you can CC the first hit and shield grab after the second. If you can't CC his attacks due to high %, just back off and try to punish when he gets back up like normal.

In the end I would still just go for it. I think the big thing is risk vs reward. The reward for landing that dtilt (possible Marth death) usually heavily outweighs the possible punish you could receive (~10% after CCing his ledge hopped attack).

To go back to the actual question though. I think it is way easier to hit his upb with dtilt than his double jump. I think double jumps are harder to edgeguard in general.

Triple R

Smash Lord

Triple R

Smash Lord
Vids from a couple of tournies.

Seige of the Castle (AKA Minneapolis/St. Paul asserting our dominance over the northern woodland people of Duluth).
http://challonge.com/SmashNight16
1st of 4 teams
2nd of 16 entrants

Doubles Round Robin:
Foxy/Chev vs Slayer/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=1h46m14s
Cam/CPU vs Slayer/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=1h52m10s
Shrio/Taichou? vs Slayer/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=2h6m30s

Singles:
Winner's Quarters: Jibca vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=24m55s
Winner's Semis: Cam vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=48m30s
Winner's Finals: Slayer vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=58m
Loser's Finals: Cam vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=1h51m15s
Grand Finals: Slayer vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=2h1m5s

Level Up Games Tourney 2
http://smashboards.com/threads/leve...l-minnesota-melee-singles-42-entrants.357540/
4th of 42 entrants

Winner's Semis: Slayer vs Triple R - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNMgW2aAQg

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Alright, I finally have some time to work on updating this thread with an awesome OP. Hold onto your hats, I'll be doing my editing work here.

Edit: Okay, pretty much cleared out this thread minus the twitch videos which I couldn't manage to load for some reason (my crappy laptop hates twitch). @ Triple R Triple R could you tell me who played what characters for those matches? Then I could post the videos to this so we can still have em.

I also went through the boards and retrieved a ton of videos. I'll ask for the OP here and get this thread gorgeous soon :)

Videos:

Singles:

[collapse= Captain Falcon]
RRR :kirbymelee: vs Metroid :falconmelee:
Hylian :kirbymelee: vs Kal :falconmelee:
Pink Reaper :kirbymelee: vs The Q :falconmelee:
Pink Reaper :kirbymelee: vs Nick :falconmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Doctor Mario]
Jarferd :kirbymelee: vs FullMetal X :drmario:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Donkey Kong]
None yet... :(
[/collapse]
[collapse=Falco]
Kuya :kirbymelee: vs Col Bol :falcomelee:
Frootloop :falcomelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
MattDotZeb :falcomelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
Kels :falcomelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
Frootloop :falcomelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
RRR :kirbymelee: vs Kenneth :falcomelee:
RRR :kirbymelee: vs Kenneth :falcomelee:
Pink Reaper :kirbymelee: vs $heen :falcomelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Fox]
Ihavespaceballs :foxmelee: vs BunBun :kirbymelee:
Target :kirbymelee: vs Wembo :foxmelee:
Tom R :foxmelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
Dogysamich :kirbymelee: vs Yang :foxmelee:
Pink Reaper :kirbymelee: vs $heen :foxmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Game and Watch]
M3D :kirbymelee: vs Rori :gawmelee:
toasty :gawmelee: vs G-Reg :kirbymelee:
TAJ :kirbymelee: vs rugoodat :gawmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Ganondorf]
Kuya :kirbymelee: vs Col Bol :ganondorfmelee:
n0ne :kirbymelee: vs Tencho :ganondorfmelee:
Hylian :kirbymelee: vs Kal :ganondorfmelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Noobking :ganondorfmelee:t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Noobking :ganondorfmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Ice Climbers]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Jigglypuff]
Kuya :kirbymelee: vs Col Bol :jigglypuffmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Kirby (Dittos)]
Armada :kirbymelee: vs Nizro :kirbymelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Link]
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Derelink :linkmelee:
Dogysamich :kirbymelee: vs Yang :linkmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Luigi]
Armada :kirbymelee: vs Vileness :luigimelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Ka-Master :luigimelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs. Ka-Master :luigimelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs. Ka-Master :luigimelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Mario]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Marth]
Frootloop :marthmelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
DSF :marthmelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
RRR :kirbymelee: vs HIM :marthmelee:
Mooninite :kirbymelee: vs OXY The Crimson Blur :marthmelee:
Hylian :kirbymelee: vs Kal :marthmelee:
Dogysamich :kirbymelee: vs Yang :marthmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse= Mewtwo]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Ness]
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Ademisk :nessmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Peach]
ChivalRuse :kirbymelee: vs Sam :peachmelee:
RRR :kirbymelee: vs Wake :peachmelee:
RRR :kirbymelee: vs Wake :peachmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Pichu]
kirbykaze :kirbymelee: vs InsaneCarzyGuy :pichumelee:
t1mmy :kirbymelee: vs t0mmy :pichumelee:
BunBun :kirbymelee: vs InsaneCarzyGuy :pichumelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs * :pichumelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Pikachu]
Armada :kirbymelee: vs kJaB :pikachumelee:
D. Disciple :pikachumelee: vs RRR :kirbymelee:
Dogysamich :kirbymelee: vs Yang :pikachumelee:

[/collapse]
[collapse=Roy]
Ripple Roy :roymelee: vs BunBun :kirbymelee:

[/collapse]
[collapse=Samus]
Ihavespaceballs :samusmelee: vs BunBun :kirbymelee:
t!mmy (Kirby) vs. * :samusmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Shiek]
Hack :kirbymelee: vs Captain Jack :sheikmelee:
Dogysamich :kirbymelee: vs Yang :sheikmelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Young Link]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Yoshi]
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs Patrick :yoshimelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs * :yoshimelee:
t!mmy :kirbymelee: vs * :yoshimelee:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Zelda]
Hylian :kirbymelee: vs Kal :zeldamelee:
Hylian :kirbymelee: vs Kal :zeldamelee:
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
Doubles:

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Here's all the twitch ones from above with the characters next time the names.

http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713361 Winner's Semis (Slayer(Marth/Falcon)/Triple R vs Tempest/Chexr (Double Fox))
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713367 Winner's Finals (Slayer(Falcon)/Triple R vs Wake(Peach)/Maxy B(Zelda/Fox)
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713379 Grand Finals (Slayer(Falcon/Marth/Fox)/Triple R vs Tempest/Chexr (Double Fox))

http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713384 Pools Match (Triple R vs HTAG(Fox))
http://www.twitch.tv/standardtoaster/c/3713391 Loser Round 5 (Triple R vs Tempest(Fox))

Melee Tourney at Pixels Video Games in Iowa: 3rd of 8 teams, 3rd of 22 singles.

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503612165?t=1h1m50s Winner's Semis (Slayer(Falcon)/Triple R vs Tempest/MOMD(Double Fox))
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503612165?t=1h26m Winner's Finals (Slayer(Falcon/Fox)/Triple R vs MegaRobMan(Sheik)/JBM(Falco))
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115 Loser's Finals (Slayer(Falcon)/Triple R vs Tempest/MOMD(Double Fox))

http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115?t=7h49m50s Winner's Finals (Triple R vs JBM(Fox))
http://www.twitch.tv/pixelsvideogames/b/503640115?t=8h11m25s Loser's Finals (Triple R vs Slayer(Falcon)

Loser's Quarters: Fluxwolf/HTAG(Double Fox) vs Alex(Marth)/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/slayertokey/b/521265105?t=7m35s
Loser's Semis: Amanze(Samus)/Deepak(Jigglypuff) vs Alex(Marth)/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/slayertokey/b/521265105?t=24m35s

Pools: Captain Jiggs(Ganondorf/Falcon) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/slayertokey/b/521265105?t=1h15m50s
Pools: Kujo(Ice Climbers) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/slayertokey/b/521265105?t=1h22m10s

Foxy(Pichu)/Chev(Pikachu) vs Slayer(Jigglypuff/Peach)/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=1h46m14s
Cam(Falco)/CPU(Luigi/Ganondorf) vs Slayer(Peach/Jigglypuff)/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=1h52m10s
Shrio(Fox)/Taichou?(Falco) vs Slayer(Peach/Jigglypuff)/Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534049767?t=2h6m30s

Singles:
Winner's Quarters: Jibca(Zelda/Fox) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=24m55s
Winner's Semis: Cam (Falco) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=48m30s
Winner's Finals: Slayer(Fox/Falcon) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=58m
Loser's Finals: Cam (Falco) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=1h51m15s
Grand Finals: Slayer(Fox/Falco) vs Triple R - http://www.twitch.tv/chemriof/b/534119721?t=2h1m5s

I hope this helps (aka what you meant).

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Man, you don't kid when you say you like bair. It was like 80% of you moves lol.

You basically had the Luigi set. There was that last stock edgeguard you let slip through your hands on the second match. 3rd match was pretty unlucky with those misfires though.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Here are videos of me playing Kirby at a tournament this past weekend

Davis Weekly #3 July 27 2014
3 out of 13

Winners Round 1: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Fly Taka :falcomelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4774452
Winners Round 2: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Nhat :marthmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4774473
Winners Semis: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Bon Bon :sheikmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4776600
Winners Final: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs DizzKidBoogie :icsmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4776671
Losers Final: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Nhat :foxmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4776701

Stream demanded that I have all my matches played live just if you're wondering lol.

I could have played the :icsmelee: match up more patiently. The :foxmelee: match up, I could've played differently. But this is where I'm at with :kirbymelee: atm. I'm trying on working on a less sloppy play style. Less random tilts and bairs, and to be more intentional with my moves and techs. Plus the :foxmelee:/:falcomelee:/:sheikmelee:/:marthmelee: match ups keep getting harder as my opponents are more and more used to playing against a Kirby. Just trying to see what I can dig out from probably Nash, Gold Dart, or Triple R.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
@rabbit: Work on your wavedash out of shield game and dash dance game. Your biggest problems are in neutral. Since Kirby is so terrible, you have to be able to win the neutral consistently. Abuse Kirby's massive grab range with precise dash dancing and wavedash spacing. Kirby's a character who plays a bit like DK and Samus combined. You space bairs and go for grabs all day, but also use your great wavedash and f-tilt spacing to your advantage. D-tilt is inferior to f-tilt in every way except for edgeguarding/setting up edgeguards (if you are hitting them close to the edge). Definitely use more wavedash to f-tilts. That move is like your only low recovery move with a good hitbox when grounded. Jab is also pretty good.

Go offstage for edgeguards! You stay on the stage too much. Be aggressive with bairs and cut off recovery angles. If you know how your opponent's character's recovery works, this should be very doable for you.

Hope this helps!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Wow thanks! I will study the neutral game. Just played some more friendlies against NorCal friends. The Falco neutral game is a butt because you have so little options. It's hard to win the neutral game against Marth too. Especially aggressive ones.

I usually opt for the down tilt because it's safer to crouch vs some Sheik/Falcon/Marth. But I mean wouldn't hurt to try wd -> f-tilt.

Top Bottom