• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
kirby's biggest advantage is that he's low tier

if you fight someone arrogant enough to come at you thinking that it'll be an easy win, use that overconfidence to your advantage

all i did against mew2king for the first 2 stocks was jump off dreamland and hold B for the swallowcide , i dont know why he fell for that twice

but in the end, he played it safe and beat me despite what should have been a safe lead for me

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
swallowing shouldn't like ever work unless there's like LOL i'm going to get more out of it than he is. shallowing isn't as legit as you make it sound.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have a quaestion? Why don't people go learn this s***? Really some questions i've heard it's amazing people don't just try new things in matches. I just figured out link today I kindof understood but I now have a way better feel for his projectile pressure with that nair thrown in there.

no just try new things maybe you'l learn something amazing that we never knew like how once I tryed to play marth mostly with platforms it was pretty sexy and cool. I tryed using f-tilts and nair only as falco once. try new things. adpat improve don't limit yourself.

If I told you the answer you'd never understand like me explaining the marth match-up as pichu you just got to go out there and believe and give it your all and then only then you'll understand. spam nair.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
really I find it much easier than you'd think pichu is way to small to hit. and I have fairly good spacing against them. and jolts can tear though them you'd be surprised. I know I've come close to beating a few marths that are better than me I could tell in the match.

also marth can't really edge gaurd pichu that good WTF pichu edge teching all his f-smashes HAHAHHAHA greatest thing ever. but really marth is like my favorite match-up as pichu if not puff. F*** all marth matchs are fun (not as space animal or someone to slow to keep up or no sheild)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ICG you are aware marth has a sword twice as long as Pichu is tall that literally covers everything Pichu can possibly do right? Like, Pichu isnt way too small to hit cus Marth's sword is way too long to miss.

Also, Kirby boards, lets get away from the Marth/Pichu talk ya?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's more like 3 times if marth misses all that range doesn't mean s*** and you know that pichu's height can give him more time to land some moves. marth swings from above.

but really people should try new things out. in kirby dittos it doesn't seem much different than any match-up other than it's not hard. that's nothing important you need to do it's not even like he uber careful like in pichu dittos or falco dittos. it's ok crap he knocked me off and edge gaurd him easily. dair or bair and finish stock.

BunBun

Smash Master
You really, totally don't know what you're talking about.

And it is starting to cease to be amusing.

****it ICG, you're taking the fun out of you.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
While not necessarily a good idea, this is true.
In most cases no, it's not a good idea but I was specifically talking about the end of a video posted last page.

It was a Kirby vs Marth(?) vid where the Kirby player was somewhat sub par and it ending with him being hit off the top, almost KOing him and him then just falling straight into marths Nspecial or some similar attack. In this case the swallow while falling technique, either as a fakeout to survive or a last ditch suicide win would have been the obvious thing to do, rather than just take it and die.

BunBun

Smash Master
It was vs a Shiek...lol

He was also above the stage, not off of it. If he had inhaled, he would have gotten uaired or punished out of the ending lag.

He was in a bad situation. I would have drifted back away from the stage a bit and sort of put a wall of fair in front of me til I could get to the ledge.

Then again, I'm not Isai.

BunBun

Smash Master
Other options include going for the edge, walling with a move that doesn't remove your mobility, or airdodging in reaction.

Inhale vs Shiek/DK/Samus/Marth aerials is just asking to get wrecked, sadly.

Fox, though, is like primetime.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm doing pretty well. Haven't been playing Melee much. College johns. I have a little time to play Pokemon here and there, but that's about it. Looking forward to Black/White.

Also, Kirby's Epic Yarn comes out in 10 days!!!!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Aye, I just miss the monster that is N64 Kirby. I wish I had that character + wavedashing.

Good to see your doing good VforExtreme.

Top Bottom