• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well if you try to lift them off the ground I geuss if they fall slower than kirby it may work but again how are you going to get that close? Also if this worked on the ice climbers one prediction and you get grabbed to death. the risk isn't that rewarding but go a head and try it but really it wouldn't be better than SHFFling fair which isn't great.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wait who esle can chain throw kirby marth? i'm pretty sure he could get a away with a few f-throws. also my falco can chain throw in by the amazing power of yomi I grab throw regrab, DD regarb, to f-smash or whatever depending on their actions.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
So how do the smashes rate? Usmash seems good if charged but doesn't seem likely to hit and is otherwise worse than Utilt. Fsmash is again unlikely to hit with charge but might be a good anti recovery move and is a great kill if you can do it. It also seems to work well if used with the cstick to avoid charging entirely. Dsmash is weird in that it's a bit slow to use well on the ground but if you Dsmash from just above then you seem to get something inbetween it and the Dair you would expect. Either that or you just get 1 hit of Dair with the visual effects of Dsmash. Either way, that seems good, if a little short ranged and afterlaggy.

Also if this worked on the ice climbers one prediction and you get grabbed to death.
This is a fault with the IC matchup, not the move itself.

@BunBun: watashi no hobakurafuto wa unagi de ippai desu

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
kirby has 2 good moves up-tilt and dair. his smashes are decent overall but nothing really amazing or bad other than some of the sourspots. d-smash his whole body is the hitbox I didn't know that till I fought bunbun I just never really thought that his head would hit me.

for edge gaurd his smashes are pretty crappy d-smash is techable and I would think it would hit them up not downish like pichu's d-smash. i'd say his d-tilt and dair would be better.

also in most cases holding the edge bair is ALL you will ever need. be smart not flashly with edge gaurd other than like grand finals and friendlies. and bonus matches. and when you're bragging about being soooooo awesome, or if your drunk. or if you want to be that d*** sexy.

oh yeah some people can combo **** you, really for a floaty I think kirby isn't that hard to combo a simply predict that they are going to attack after a jump when they run up to you it's like yyyyeaaaahhh needs more mindgames.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I never really suggested Dsmash. Dsmash is too slow in general. Fsmash however is instant kill in most cases if it's charged and this is why I was suggesting it as an edge gaurd (you won't have time to charge it otherwise).

Yes, Kirby is generally too predictable.

Also, what is wrong with Twinkle Star (Nair)? It hasn't got great priority or damage but it has practically no startup lag and should still clash with most non-weapon attacks (right?). I would have thought it'd be a great surprise attack if used at the last possible moment in your fall.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm not smart but I kknow enough to reseach EVERY topic before I postso not even kage will could up to me to call me out for being wrong.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's cool see what I did there I ruined your post you spend half it being about me when it could've been something amazing or important. Again i'm very sorry to have ruined that post.

Triple R

Smash Lord
his smashes are decent overall but nothing really amazing or bad other than some of the sourspots.
Frankly, I think the sourspot of his smashes are the best part about them. You are able to combo out of all his sourspots, which I believe is a part of Kirby's meager metgame that should be used more.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wait what? go play silly learn then ask if you have problems. really kirby only has 2 good moves up-tilt and dair anything esle sucks, is decent or is ungodly bad. lasers is falco's move so I'm not fully counting it. plus falco should get a 40% damage combo if kirby sucks him up.

seerioulsy go lose a bunch of matches learn and bget better and understand better. before I even really started posting much in the melee boards I read every single guide I could find but the falco guides. mario's guide is by far the worse and zedla's is pretty nice. fox's is best detailed. F*** ness's most of it isn't worth your time.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
the shine doesn't beat that many moves also. also you know kirby's hitbox for bair is pretty s****y.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eZg4b1jNow

look at that monster up-tilt it's dumb. also swallowcide relly meets a stage/match sit. and mindgames that only really work on people who don't know anything about kirby.

I don't care if they know up-tilt and all it's tricks that's not going to save them from up-tilt unlike swallowcide.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Execpt that it's only active for like 4 frames lol. Otherwise, if I'm not edguarding or gimping someone, I have to admit uair is one of my more used kill moves.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
upair is decent really no set-ups nearly eveyr dair beats it and doesn't kill at ******** perfects like fox's. upair would be a great move if it had a decent set-up and range.

BunBun

Smash Master

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Fox's Uair from the ground? Cus in that sense it's not a particularly good kill move either. Considering Kirby's Uair has a large horizontal line as opposed to vertical, from the ground it's a better kill move. If you're going to say "Fox's Uair from a Uthrow" then you'd have to compare it to something like Kirby's Utilt to Uair from the ledge at which point Fox's is still better but not by much.

Jigg's Uair is terrible at killing.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think we all have a problem now. I used puff because of rest, gannon for his gannon moves, falcon for his knee.

it does kill at good percents but it's not ********.

Top Bottom