• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Might I just say that FAB jumping (the afforementioned stupid technique) them off the edge sets you up to kill with Uair at low percents if it works. Atleast on bowser.

And if it doesn't work you can still Uair them through the bottom of the stage before cuttering back on to give them less chance to edge gaurd you.

It's still a bad move in general and probably here too because of the unusual back guarding ability present in this game.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
If this works on the dge use it when they are on platoforms. really the best use I see for kirby's side-B air is to fall down with on a platform.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would like to suggest the renaming of "FAB" to "VBM".
While VBM describes the usefulness it does not describe the move. I guess FSair or something could work.

Anyway, the point is that, unlike most moves, the end of a backward air hammer has the ability to drag your opponent with you to some degree, allowing you to pull them offstage straight into a Uair (for the kill).

I understand the move itself is bad due to predictability, mediocre priority and being more blockable than first thought but the concept surely holds some merit. If there is another move that has the same pulling potential with lesser drawbacks then it could be a real boost for Kirby as an offstage Uair is undeniably killer.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
bunbun is a dude not a man just a guy.

quote of the week, my baby isn't working shake it to fix it just like when my dog was broken. 2 f***ed up jokes in one.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ok so none of Kirby's other attacks pull, I checked. Also, is it just me or is Swallow actually awesome?

It counters a lot of stuff and doesn't leave you vunerable if you use Spit and not Digest. Plus it tends to combo on those who don't know how to recover.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The end lag on swallow is a problem only if you use Digest rather than Spit. Using spit they're far enough away that you recover before they hit you and have time to do the whole thing again if they mess up.

Kirby does seem to work better without his directional specials, though they still have their uses (Stone is a fast fall from off top, hammer helps prevent edge gaurding and cutter interupts projectile spaming).

He does seem to have KOing problems though.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
The end lag on swallow is a problem only if you use Digest rather than Spit. Using spit they're far enough away that you recover before they hit you and have time to do the whole thing again if they mess up.
I was talking about an out right miss and the punishment *Shivers*.

Kirby does seem to work better without his directional specials, though they still have their uses (Stone is a fast fall from off top, hammer helps prevent edge gaurding and cutter interupts projectile spaming).
Final cuter as a recovery and MIND GAMES (tm).
Stone as a (situational) recovery, and MIND GAMES (tm).
Hammer (In the Air) is awesome for combing as for land hammer the only use I can think of is MIND GAMES (tm).
Swallow for getting a B-move, disruption, kirbycide, damage racker, spacing, edge guarding, Edge guard deterrent and MIND GAMES (tm).

He does seem to have KOing problems though.
Agreed and I am always open to Kirby KO tips.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I was talking about an out right miss and the punishment *Shivers*.
Yeah that sounds nasty.

Agreed and I am always open to Kirby KO tips.
Dair into an opponent who's on the edge fires them off and down if you hit them from behind while facing away from them. It also seems to knock them slightly toward you sometimes but only ever after they fall off stage. It's somewhat strange interms of knockback but it seems quite strong. It's still situational at best though and anyone who knows what you're doing can likely avoid it well.

Stone was my main KO but it's just too well signposted and too punishable.

There's always stuff like a stolen Falcon/Warlock Punch can interupt the original for a good KO but again it's situational and it only orks on two opponents.

I'm still convinced that a hammer drag off the edge into a Uair is an awesome move but it's not exactly easy to get the hammer drag to work on a real opponent.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Everyone sucks if the player sucks so yes I geuss the players suck looks isn't important. Jigglypuff is the cutest anyways.

I kinda like where he's going he's trying to ruin this place a little bit. 2 part plan

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
So i've apparently gone from "General **** of the Kirby Boards" to "Commander-General **** of the Kirby Boards"

Basically this is my way of informing all 3 of our regulars that im now a mod here.
Cool, but your red name does not go with your avatar. I liked your purple name but red has a fashion all on its own so...sure...reds ok.

Congrats on your mod-ship by the way.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Man i started missing my purple name almost immediately Q_Q

Im just gonna say this here, the actual amount of moderation the Kirby Boards needs is light, we're pretty low on actual activities and for the most part its on topic. That said I am a mod now so ICG this is sort of a message to you, not really a warning just a request: Try to keep the random posts and nonsense to a minimum back here, if you want to spam do it somewhere else.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I could say something random unfitting and maybe even funny post a comment about like I don't like weed, or a dog or wierd al, but I think I'll listen and limit it. However if SOME ELSE brings up the pichu vs kirby topic sorry but yeah that's going to be fun.

the name it's self looks better red but yeah purple fit a little better overall.

also I thought about somethign who isf kirby's used roy's B it's roy's best air move and techinally nothing can beat it and it's a decent disjointed hit box. edge gaurd it fails for kirby but maybe midair for a bit more range.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If someone brings up Kirby/Pichu go for it, its the topic at hand.

Roy's Flare Blade is his "best" aerial because it has no sweet spot, the hitbox is normal for the entirety of the sword. Things can beat it though not much. Kirby can use it somewhat decently though he struggles cus his copied sword is so small. Its a decent option to punish platform techs from below or just techs in general.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
what can beat it? things can go though it but you beat out the move? like if I jab and marth f-smash and does that clank and still hits me no I don't think anything beats it.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I got m2k to rage quit against my pichu holy f*** he was p***ed also was it in friendilies? If so it counts a little less unless it's clear he's in hardcore **** mode.

kirby's grab is grab proity and techinals if it's disjointed grab proity then it beats only non disjointed moves without inv. frames. so techinally they can't beat each other.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
LOL ****

Kirby is a Sheik Counter after all.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................What?

I read that Garbage some where before but that is...........................................What?

I am truly sorry that can not be for anything on gods green earth be anywhere near correct. Last I checked the match up was 60:40 (Shiek's favor) and that is out of date inaccurate information. If Kirby is a counter to Shiek then Marth is Melee's Metaknight only even more broken. I just can not begin to ponder what Kirby even remotely has over Shiek it is just that far out there. Now I realize you are portability joking but I do not get why that was even believed at one point it is just simply :urg:.

Top Bottom