• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, once you get used to the controls there's the challenge of playing it in a comfortable position. I found the best to be sitting in a chair and putting the stand/3DS on the slidy-keyboard shelf my table has, and then sitting really low, lol.

Also added everyone that's posted their code.

[collapse="FCs"]Sly Fox: 1633-4293-6025
Sonic the Baron: 2836-0218-1041
PsychoIncarnate: 4554-0155-5885
Ndayday Heroes: 2578-3193-4141
TryHy: 1719-3728-6991
Fuelbi: 4682-9199-3894
Pippy: 0001-3310-1326
relaxedexorcist: 4167-4486-3541
DAK075: 1590-5236-9299
dualseeker: 4124-4993-2554[/collapse]

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If you're gonna use the Circle Pad, then just keep in mind that there is no "option" available to use it. Just select the default Circle Pad method to use it. So long as the Circle Pad Pro doesn't go into standby, you'll be able to use it.

However, do keep in mind that the Circle Pad Pro makes the 3DS heavier, so you may have to rest it on your knee to play it comfortably.

Also added everyone that's posted their code.
Nice. I'll add everyone on that list.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on Chapter 18 can be summed up with one picture.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll post my FC at some point, but I would like to inquire about all of the Zodiac items you guys have gotten and where, and also if you know how to get the Great Reaper Palm, I'd appreciate knowing that as well, I WANT!

Edit: I also heard you can donate hearts to Palutena somewhere, and if you do it enough you receive a reward? I haven't even seen that. xD I'd also like to know if anyone can elaborate on this as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still on Chapter 10.
BTW am I the only one who was hoping to see the Disney version of Hades?

I'll start adding those FCs in a sec, I'm impressed that people got my nickname right. I thought only people on the Wii U thread knew about that. lol

D

Deleted member

Edit: I also heard you can donate hearts to Palutena somewhere, and if you do it enough you receive a reward? I haven't even seen that. xD I'd also like to know if anyone can elaborate on this as well.
I can't say for sure, but every time you donate she
or Viridi
steps a little closer to the screen. I'm thinking that has to mean something.

ndayday

BRoomer
All I've been doing is donating hearts to
Viridi.
She's probably like...a bit more than 1/2 way?

And yeah Try-Hy I read your reviews sometimes so yup.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Welp I just updated the OP with friend codes and a newly made OP giving more detail into the game.

More revisions may come in the future and I'll keep updating the OP with friend codes

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just added everyone in the OP. :)

It's also nice to know that a few people have seen my blog. I really should get back to working on Sin & Punishment when I get some time so I can review it. Hopefully playing Uprising will help me out a lot with the game's diffculty. lol

Life

Smash Hero
Will add erryone and post mine, just got ten kills in one FFA :awesome:

I tend to be really streaky. I'll go for like five games and be useless and then destroy everything another five. Probably because people are entering and leaving the room? IDK.

I am 0087 2401 6361.

Life

Smash Hero
BTW, folks, simple AT for you.
If you get knocked down and press shoot with good timing, you get up immediately. In other words, you can tech in this game. No tech rolls though, sorry.

Also, six-star ranged weapon with a defense penalty and 270 value = Incom's a glass cannon LOL (and for those of you in "with anyone", I go by Daedalus and I steal erryone's kills, no hard feelings)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting. Thanks for the tip. It'll be a must to learn when playing online.

I just got on Chapter 13. I can't play the game for too long, it just gives me a small migraine. :V

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Question. Does anyone here have to deal with college wi-fi? My school uses res-net and though I can connect my 3DS to the internet, I can't actually get a game started using it >.< Any idea with how to deal with this?

On another note. I was playing through old levels for achievements and they made a Smash Brothers reference. Pit remarks about how he was in a brawl but not in a melee.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Question. Does anyone here have to deal with college wi-fi? My school uses res-net and though I can connect my 3DS to the internet, I can't actually get a game started using it >.< Any idea with how to deal with this?

On another note. I was playing through old levels for achievements and they made a Smash Brothers reference. Pit remarks about how he was in a brawl but not in a melee.
I don't remember that. The only one I remember was the Donkey Kong reference

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I don't remember that. The only one I remember was the Donkey Kong reference
It's a kind of hidden conversation. When you replay level, sometimes the characters will say some random stuff. Occasionally they will talk about the type of weapon your using. The Smash Bros conversation is triggered by using a bow.

The idol descriptions have some video game references too.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'll post my FC when I get home but I've pretty much been solely playing Multiplayer (I beat like 6 chapters)

The Claws definitely put in the work. but I'm starting to look at the bigger picture of things and it seems like as for as a 3 man team goes

Claws/Palm
Blade/Bow
Bow/Orbitars

as in all 3 positions.

I play mostly with orbitars tho. That super DEEP range.

oh and Mines=legit

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
lol Or you could do 3 claws on a team and just destroy the opposing team like I did with randoms. =P Plus, I'll be writing a review of this game fairly soon, as I got in enough multiplayer experience to satisfy that portion of the review. I'll post a link to it when its up and ready.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well I'm sure that works because once claws are in your face it really is hard to get them off of you.

thats while I have angelic missle and Mines. lol if **** gets too hectic I just blow everyone up and Dip.

2 claws and A cannon for cover would probably be super Ideal tho.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
No, claws, club, and cannon = the ultimate powerhouse team. I once ran a Magnus club with no abilities and just destroyed everything. I eventually became Dark Pit with some claws, so it was just game over. My teammates got the enemies off my back while I just went to town on Pit. He never stood a chance with his staff.

Also, if you ever want a particular weapon, hoard all the weapons you receive, and try some weapon fusion.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Does anyone else find it really annoying to try and use abilities while in the middle of fighting? I have to usually look away from the screen in order to select them, and crap can go down while it is happening.

On another note, I have donated around 80,000 hearts to Palutena, and she is about halfway across the screen approximately I think.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Does anyone else find it really annoying to try and use abilities while in the middle of fighting? I have to usually look away from the screen in order to select them, and crap can go down while it is happening.

On another note, I have donated around 80,000 hearts to Palutena, and she is about halfway across the screen approximately I think.
Yeah, selecting abilities can be very annoying in combat, which is why I use more powerful abilities that take up more space so that I have fewer to scroll through. Either that, or I just don't use them to challenge myself online. And let me tell you, I have more fun without abilities than I do with them. Keeps everything much more simpler, and leaves it up to your own skill to fight against the odds. (Not that using abilities takes no skill to use, since you do need to figure out the best way to use them and when. People who ability spam are going to get wrecked more than people who uses them sparingly.)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, just finished playing some Light vs. Dark, and it appears that people love to use the higher end weapons against you. When you're going up against higher end weapons, it really feels as if you're powerless, as you can get defeated quickly, but it takes forever for you to take them out.
Got fed up against a team full of them, so I used my higher end weapon and wrecked them. That match went by so fast, I laughed at how op higher weapons can be.

Also, does anyone else think Explosive Flame ability is a little cheap? I mean, you're stunned while you're in there, opponents can still attack you when you get caught in it, plus you have a chance of taking burn damage afterwards? Whenever you get caught in it, it feels like an eternity before you get out.

ndayday

BRoomer
I agree, but then you just counter them like you said. The good thing is that as long as you get them first, their team is going to be screwed.
Last night I actually timed out a match with Skyscraper Club Pit. It was basically hide and 1 hit KO people with the charged attack, lol.

Also I've offered 200,000+ hearts and she isn't very close.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My thoughts on Chapter 18 can be summed up with one picture.

Just finished 18, totally agree.
The story has actually been much more capturing then I could have ever thought at first.
Being the little girl, the dog, and then Magnus was just very cool. Especially Magnus.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know if there is alternate endings based on what you do in the final battle?

My great treasure was destroyed. I don't know if you can avoid that or not. I ended with Medusa battling Hades, being killed and pit grabbing the great treasure's cannon. Palutena charged it while I avoided Hade's attacks

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Gosh, you guys are all so far ahead in the story X__X. I'm only on chapter 15 XD! I'm loving the story so far! I've just been revisiting chapters and trying to get higher scores on them, though. Best weapon I have is a palm, which I'm loving for it's damage <3. Wish I could find a good sword weapon, though; those are my favorites ^__^.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That's how it ended for me as well.

And glad to know I'm close to getting Palutena up close. .____.;

Life

Smash Hero
I think that's the only ending the game has.

So it seems like claws and clubs are good in pvp? I have End-all Arm and it's doing work, but I wanna know if I should be looking for a good club/claw or not.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think that's the only ending the game has.

So it seems like claws and clubs are good in pvp? I have End-all Arm and it's doing work, but I wanna know if I should be looking for a good club/claw or not.
Its not the fact that they are good, its just the fact that they are the most used. You can use just about any weapon in PvP and dominate with it so long as you're good at dodging and play to your weapon's strengths properly.

But Claws, Clubs, and Bows are the three most used types of weapons, in that order.

As for your weapon's value, you're just gonna have to find a balance. If you're gonna play with friends, then I suggest that you have one person be the power house while the other two use weaker weapons. If you want to put your skills to the test, don't use abilities and use a weaker weapon. Seriously though, I really think that they should just let you choose 3 abilities that you have and use them for multiplayer. (Lvl 1 versions only)

Also, I managed to get the AR cards to work, and I suggest you try using them. You get that card's Idol, as well as some hearts, for the first time you activate that card. (The amount of hearts given depends on the card's rarity.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm only on chapter 17, I think I'm a little behind. :p

I should try out more weapons besides just blades though. I also got my Club Nintendo cards today.

ndayday

BRoomer
Blades > All.

Palms are pretty nice as well. I can't stand using Bows though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I find Palms extremely boring for some reason.

My Strongest weapon is currently a First Blade, lol.

I CAN get a stronger weapon through fusing, but if I fuse I can only get Palms.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bows would be best if continuous fire didn't have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall dat lag.

I dig claws a lot.

gottagofast

Top Bottom