• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh definitely. I just like the fast stationary fire on Palms and Blades.

also
in the part where Pyrron is speaking in binary, it translates to "kill." Viridi is voiced by the same girl who does Princess Bubblegum. Jesus I knew I recognized that voice.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh definitely. I just like the fast stationary fire on Palms and Blades.

also
in the part where Pyrron is speaking in binary, it translates to "kill." Viridi is voiced by the same girl who does Princess Bubblegum. Jesus I knew I recognized that voice.
Heh, I honestly thought she was the one who voiced Starfire on Teen Titans. Dunno why, but I also knew that voice had to be from somewhere.

Life

Smash Hero
If I had a decent Claw I'd probably be all over it. What can I say, though? End-all Arm ftw. /glasscannon

Also, anything that stuns is OP.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I did not know THAT part about the voice actor

Also, Doom Cannon in Free For All is the hilariously broken. Given its high value, I pretty much only like to play FFA since I feel like I'm a liberty to die (which is 3 tops btw) and not bring down a team since weapon value doesn't count against you

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Wolf Claws with +4 Walking Speed feels so smooth~

I have a Black Club with the same modifier, and I move faster walking than running with it. ._.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Finally found out how to get Pit's brawl weapon. I'm kind of disappointed in it. The Phosphora Bow is just so much cooler and easier to use. Dat homing lighting.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Beat the second to last chapter in 11 minutes to unlock the Palutena Bow. You also need to beat the game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's rather silly you have to unlock that weapon when it's pretty much Pit's signature weapon and has been heavly promoted. You'd think it'd be his starting weapon. Is it any good?

I just got to Chapter 17. :p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's decent. The weapons main gimmick is that all the dash shots do a large amount of damage and move fast, while standing shots only deal about half as much damage.

The bow I made has 4 1/2 stars in range and it's most powerful shot deals 133 damage. Uncharged dash shots do between 70 - 90 damage if all the arrows connect.

I can't really vouch for how good it may be in multiplayer because I can't play it anymore, but in the single player I do much better with it when I pick my shots instead of just dash shooting 24/7

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Beat it in 11 minutes?

*sets level on 0.0 effortless difficulty* :troll:

Edit: Overkill, but just to make sure. xD Also, when playing on that level, at the start with the winding staircase, go back to the start and the Pisces Zodiac Chamber will come up and some special dialogue.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Been fusing a lot, got myself a 5 star range/4 star melee First Blade that I'm definitely happy with for now.
Been doing a lot of work in my first online matches so far. Seems hard to get specific weapons when fusing. Not sure how fusing determines how strong a weapon is going to be... Had a 6 star range Cursed Palm, and a 5 star melee Volcano Arm, the fused result was going to be a 2 star range, 1 star melee weapon :\ At the same time I have a 0 star range, 6 star melee Wolf Claws that I got from fusing two 0/0 star weapons. iunno... The whole system confuses me for the most part.

So what kind of powers do people like online? Right now my page that I'm using online has been Playing Dead, Transparency, Freeze Attack, and Effect Recovery. Trying to keep my power page small so its easy to select them on the fly. The invisibility powers seem very potent and I think I'm going to want to get those into my page, but I'm not sure what else I should be going with.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Somehow, I got first place in Free-For-All like 10 times in a row XD. I don't even know how I did it, I just kept getting first place! I even thought I died a lot and didn't get enough kills, BUT I STILL GOT FIRST PLACE ALL THE TIME XD. This game is sooo fuunnnnn though XD. I hope I'll be able to play with some of you guys soon ^__^. If you see my Room open, feel free to join! Everyone's welcome ^__^.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Some of the clubs can be pretty op at times, with all of their dashing charged shots having some of the best and largest effects out of all the weapons. Only way that they're even balanced is the fact that they cannot fire any shots without charge.

As for abilities, I use Mega Laser and Invisibility the most. Plus Bumblebee, as that is very effective for melee centered weapons.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I enjoy a few powers. Mega Laser sometimes as a way to enter a fight. Explosive Flame is good too sometimes for interrupting groups of people fighting. Black Hole I'm not so sure makes too much of a difference, but it looks way too cool. xD Though my favorite right now is level 3 Meteor Shower. Good for the invulnerability and using in close quarter fights.

Life

Smash Hero
Bumblebee + Reflect Shield + Counter + whatever is my favorite combination. You just don't die lol.

And I'm trying to make a good staff. They seem pretty underpowered initially, but I think with practice I could deal a lot of damage with one.

Specifically, I want a high-range Dark Pit Staff without any penalties and ideally with a speed bonus.

I know the weapon name (for lack of a better term) appears to be based on the names of the two weapons you're combining. It looks like there's somewhat of a correlation between the melee and ranged power of the reagents and the product, but it's not 100%, and it looks like the abilities that get passed are essentially random. I don't have two near-identical weapons to test these kinds of things, though. This is just what I'm noticing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Personally I prefer Health Restore, Super Armor, Meteor Shower, and that bomb thing that creates a huge radius that I can't remember the name of

I swear I love that bomb thing when I couple it with the Doom Cannon. When my Doom Cannon bullet explodes into a mini bomb sphere thing, I just use the bomb thing coupled with it as well. It's literally automatic death for my opponent most of the time. Health Restore and Super Armor is to give me longevity, especially since I get like 4 super armies per life which last like a minute each and Health Restore really helps me get a getaway from when I'm about to die. Meteor Shower is just there as filler and tbh I don't even like it that much since I need to time about when a meteor will hit my opponent

:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I just got 4 range 4 melee laser claws yesterday

Stronk!

as far as abilities go I will probably always have Landmine thrown in the mix.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I can fuse a 6 range and 5 and a half melee Ball Cannon with some abilities if I'm willing to sacrifice my decent Palutena's Bow. I didn't even know weapons can get maxed out like that, dang! I am going to make it if I can fuse a bow to replace it with.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone got a street pass gem from "Palutena" yet?

Normally I'd assume it was some person with the name, but it was a different color than a normal gem and the person had 0% complete with a level 200 item

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Transparency + Light weight. Cross the field in seconds and smash people in the face :)

I really don;t like health restore in Multiplayer. You're going to get so often and for so much, and health restore already heals like almost nothing to begin with. Effect recovery would probably be better considering everyone is using some sort of effect inflicting power or weapon and it doesn't take up as much space as health restore.

And I'm trying to make a good staff. They seem pretty underpowered initially, but I think with practice I could deal a lot of damage with one.
Maybe try a Flintlock staff (possibly any staff) + Auto reticle. Maybe Quick Charge of you have good aim.

EDIT:
Has anyone got a street pass gem from "Palutena" yet?

Normally I'd assume it was some person with the name, but it was a different color than a normal gem and the person had 0% complete with a level 200 item
That''s a spotpass gem. Palutena gives one out everyday.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, its one of the many gifts that Nintendo gives out for the first month or so. Just a little something for those who got the game near release. Just like how the AR cards and stand are going to be bundled for a limited time as well.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If you have a weapon that increases health recovery then the health restore can be worth it imo, but other than that I would agree that it isn't significant enough.
I do like effect recovery. Pretty strong for such a small slot.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I despise effect recovery. Could never select it in time to make much use out of it. Effects wear off so quickly, so it has little use.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been keeping my power pages with as few powers as possible so I can select them reliably and quickly. I just find it soooo much easier to have three or four high impact powers, and effect recovery is small enough to fit in any leftover space.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I agree with DAK, effect recovery is about useless to me. Health Recovery is a must have in Solo, but in Together mode it really becomes less practical and takes up too much space. Black Hole, Meteors, and Laser, that is all I'd like to have. :D

It's frustrating waiting for information to come out on this game because it is new. Really want to know how to get all of the weapons, like the Centurion Orbiters for example. I'm 91% done with the game and I still don't know. I'm also tempted to use my feather on one of the big Hades achievements like complete all levels on 9.0 or collect 1,000,000 heart points to see what I get.

Edit: I have notcied staffs are very under powered as well.. the only type that I straight up hate using.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Yeah, its one of the many gifts that Nintendo gives out for the first month or so. Just a little something for those who got the game near release. Just like how the AR cards and stand are going to be bundled for a limited time as well.
Considering Brawl did something similar with screens and stages, and managed to do it for like a year or 2? I could see us getting spot pass gems for a lonnnnnnng time. In fact I think Brawl still hands out daily custom stages...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that you mention it, I do have 3 now.

LOL, I didn't know about that.

She just gave me a gem more powerful than my best weapon. And again, it's a palm.

I'm cursed. I hate palms and the only strong weapons I get are palms

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I want to play this game, but I have to wait until next week. )=

☯ All I'm doing is watching online matches on youtube, at least I'm learning before I get the game, lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I finally beat the game. Once I build up my weapons, I'll be ready to join the online sceen. ;)

Gems from Palutena? I can't say I have gotten one of those yet. How?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Have your DS in sleep mode with wireless on and you automatically download them. Have to make sure you have the option to do so on though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is really dangerous to think of what characters from this game could go into SSB4. Like, a dozen possible choices come up.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Just beat the game.
That final fight with Hades was so EPIC! The new Sacred Treasure is so cool, and defiantly worth those terrible 3 trials. At least this fight made up for all the other mediocre boss fights...

Btw ---, you have to enable Spotpass in the Options.

One more thing: Staffs stink. They don't have enough power or range to effectively snipe, and that's all they're good for. As for Palms, they're actually ok. Especially Burning Palms, as those give you good Melee.

iLink

Smash Champion
I have a set with a staff and autoreticle that works out pretty well, especially with stuff like invisibility. I forgot what staff I'm using exactly but the shot travels pretty instantly to where you point it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It is really dangerous to think of what characters from this game could go into SSB4. Like, a dozen possible choices come up.
It's been pretty much agreed (a lot of it thanks to yours truely) on the Wii U thread that Palutena has the best shot at being playable in the next Smash. With Magnus having a good shot at becoming an AT, and at least 1 boss from this game.

Just beat the game.
That final fight with Hades was so EPIC! The new Sacred Treasure is so cool, and defiantly worth those terrible 3 trials. At least this fight made up for all the other mediocre boss fights...

Btw ---, you have to enable Spotpass in the Options.
I don't know, I personally enjoyed the 2nd to last chapter more than the final chapter. The final boss fight just didn't purk my interest all that much.

I turned Street Pass on now. I didn't know you had to do it for each game separetely. :p

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I've been using an Ogre Club. Though I'd prefer a shooting item, it seems to be the strongest weapon I'll have for a while.

I also have the idol transformation power, but I can rarely find a chance to use it, I'll change it soon.

I also have health recovery and reflect or something like that with explosive flame. Too bad I usually forget that powers even exist.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's been pretty much agreed (a lot of it thanks to yours truely) on the Wii U thread that Palutena has the best shot at being playable in the next Smash. With Magnus having a good shot at becoming an AT, and at least 1 boss from this game.
Palutena, Magnus,
Hades
, Medusa, those could works as ATs or characters easily.

I don't know, I personally enjoyed the 2nd to last chapter more than the final chapter. The final boss fight just didn't purk my interest all that much.
What?! That final boss fight was so cinematic and intense! And surprisingly challenging when you get in the 7.5 difficulty range.
Only because of the square and sphere shooting part though, I don't know why that is so frustrating for me.

Just found out you can't feather the 9.0 difficulty achievement because Sakurai doesn't want you to cheat. =__= There is no way I'll ever be good enough to do that!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Palutena, Magnus,
Hades
, Medusa, those could works as ATs or characters easily.

What?! That final boss fight was so cinematic and intense! And surprisingly challenging when you get in the 7.5 difficulty range.
Only because of the square and sphere shooting part though, I don't know why that is so frustrating for me.
Meh, take it up with the Wii U thread. Having been posting there for so long, I'm tried of arguing about Uprising and Smash 4.

The final boss just wasn't all that interesting to me. I'm just not a big fan of the air battles I guess. I will admit I was surprised, although did somewhat predict,
that Medusa would help out in the end.

I agree with ya on 9.0. I tried it out with chapter 1, man did I get creamed.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So I was fusing weapons and apparently not all the fused weapons attributes come from the weapon you're making it with. Sometimes they'll just random boosts. For example I had the opportunity to make a Fortune Bow out of two Arms and the bow would have like 5 or 6 stars in melee despite that fact that these two weapons had less than one stars strength in any stat.

Just found out you can't feather the 9.0 difficulty achievement because Sakurai doesn't want you to cheat. =__= There is no way I'll ever be good enough to do that!!!
Actually you only need to play a level on level 9. You don't have to stay on level 9 through the whole level. Unless you're talking about the clear all levels achievement.

Top Bottom