• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Brand new to the classic Kid Icarus series, the game follows the adventures of Pit as he tries to combat the evil underworld forces that has come back and risen anew to cause havok. The game features many different styles of play and adds a new breath of fresh air to the game that's sure to please many

Made by the same creator of the Super Smash Bros. series and other games such as Kirby's Air Ride, Masahiro Sakurai has come back again to make a game, this time on the 3DS. Using the same character model as the Pit from Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sakurai has brought the long dead video game series back from the grave for yet another game with updated graphics and 3D visuals.

The game boasts 2 different types of gameplay styles. One has Pit flying in the air shooting enemies down as they pop up on the screen akin to the Star Fox titles. The second, however, brings a whole new approach as Pit descends to the ground and commences land battle. Pit goes through different rooms rolling and dodging different enemy attacks with a multitude of weapons at his disposal. The game also features a very long and complete story mode that is sure to please all hardcore fans of the series who have just been itching to play a new Kid Icarus game.

Sakurai has also designed a multiplayer mode for the game comprising of just the land battle portions of Pit's adventure. The mode pits people (pun intended) together, either on 3v3 team battles or a 6 person free for all mode. To add a form of competitiveness to the multiplayer, people have the option of choosing many weapons each with their own unique stats in order to vanquish people on the battle field. Weapons range from extremely close range oriented weapons such as clubs and claws to the more long ranged ones such as staffs and bows.

The game is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro attachment, for people who are left handed and are unable to properly use the stylus circle pad control arrangement. The game also features a stand for the 3DS to help people use the stylus control set up, which facilitates usage of by preventing the 3DS from swaying back and forth under the grip of the player. For pre orders, Gamestop is giving people a code to a free download of the original Kid Icarus game for the 3DS under the 3D Classics brand of remakes, which is only obtained when purchasing the actual game at the store.

The game also comes with 6 free AR Cards modeled after Kid Icarus characters and weapons, which can even be used to battle each other and take pictures with. Players are encouraged to swap cards and show each other cards to register the models within the game.

Friend Codes

Sly Fox: 1633-4293-6025
Sonic the Baron: 2836-0218-1041
PsychoIncarnate: 4554-0155-5885
Ndayday Heroes: 2578-3193-4141
TryHy: 1719-3728-6991
Fuelbi: 4682-9199-3894
Pippy: 0001-3310-1326
relaxedexorcist: 4167-4486-3541
DAK075: 1590-5236-9299
dualseeker: 4124-4993-2554

A_man13

Smash Master
That was the game of the show for me. It looks like a blast to play and I'm pretty sure those graphics were Wii quality (which is kind of sad when you think of it, but also quite cool). Not only that, but those flight scenes will be a blast to play.

Glad to see that the rumors from last year came true. A year late, but nowhere near a dollar short.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was kinda suspecting that they'd announce Kid Icarus this year, but meh, never payed that much attention.

Man, those graphics. I coulda sworn those were Wii graphics

Mewter

Smash Master
This was maybe the game that I felt most excited for when it was revealed. :)
Reminds me of the Gamecube.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Kid Icarus being developed by Sakurai... So, tripping confirmed?
looool

Pit really needs to stop with the voice acting, though. :/

"Bark like a dog!"

...Yeah. Anyway, I was never into Kid Icarus much but I was still excited to see this. I know fans of the original have been waiting for this.

D

Deleted member

This game is going to be fantastic. Bet on it.

The graphics is Gamecube-like. I don't think it's strong enough to be on the Wii. I could be wrong, thought.

Still...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
They better up this in there:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5bmGNQAMcQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a5bmGNQAMcQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A_man13

Smash Master
The Mod-inator brings up a valid point; I pray we don't keep the irksome brawl voice clips. It's not like Slippy who can get away with being irksome because, well, he is. We need better voice clips.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
They even used his Brawl design, awesome.

Man, this game makes me think of what should have been years ago.
I was actually wondering if maybe they designed Pit in Brawl as a design to use for this. Like maybe they had the whole thing planned out. Creepy to think about to say the least, lol.

If all the Brawl characters could follow that pattern.... Pikmin 3, Earthbound, Fire Emblem, Some game with a Pokemon Trainer, and MGS on the Wii. (I know I left the little blue hedgehog and others out, but I wish Sonic didn't exist + I'm tired)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I was actually wondering if maybe they designed Pit in Brawl as a design to use for this. Like maybe they had the whole thing planned out. Creepy to think about to say the least, lol.

If all the Brawl characters could follow that pattern.... Pikmin 3, Earthbound, Fire Emblem, Some game with a Pokemon Trainer, and MGS on the Wii. (I know I left the little blue hedgehog and others out, but I wish Sonic didn't exist + I'm tired)
Dude, a Pokemon Trainer with that style would be impossible considering that he was modeled after Red of FR/LG, and the next time we'd probably see a pokemon trainer that looked like him would be if GF decided to make yet another remake of R/B, which won't happen for many years/never, so he may or may not (I say this because they may never make another remake again) use that model ever again.

Though I can agree with you on the other models.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sakurai says in the interview that, when he made brawl, he had never played the original game before, so he basically made Brawl's Pit's and Yunalesca's designs from scratch, and he thought might as well use those designs for another game (Since, at the time, he didn't know he would be working on a Kid Icarus game)

http://e3.nintendo.com/iwata-asks/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
After reading the post above, I guess it's just coincidence. I hope this game rocks none the less D:.

Yay for 1000 posts I guess. (I never realized you had a post count until the 700s lol)

Anyways, was there even a Kid Icarus game after the one on NES? Are they reviving something since 1985, or is there a Kid Icarus game I'm missing out on?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Lol, I just realized, in the trailer Pit says "Sorry to keep ya waiting"

Lol, somehow Pit knew how much we love him :p
wow i just noticed that too! thats cute! hahaha

i love this. this game looks amazing and its so hard to believe a handheld by nintendo can handle those graphics. Its honestly amazing...if i didn't know better i'd figure it was on a wii.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I'm so hyped for this! I hope it's as open-world as they make it seem. Seems like all of the bosses will be gigantic, similar to Zelda and God of War games.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
This game is god of war for 5 year olds

Jk

but it looks interesting i would like to check this game out

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
This game is god of war for 5 year olds

Jk

but it looks interesting i would like to check this game out
well they are aiming at a younger audience lol, so thats not too far from the truth =p

yeah definitely looks like it'll be fun though

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Really they are aiming at the older gamers who actually know where Pit came from.

finalark

SNORLAX
The Mod-inator brings up a valid point; I pray we don't keep the irksome brawl voice clips. It's not like Slippy who can get away with being irksome because, well, he is. We need better voice clips.
And at least you can shoot Slippy.

It sounded like they brought back his voice actor from Brawl, I just hope that he isn't as annoying.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey look, if we look at the end of the trailer, Pit can be seen walking in an Eggplant.

Could this possibly be a hint towards a new Ice Climbers game as well?

A_man13

Smash Master
Hey look, if we look at the end of the trailer, Pit can be seen walking in an Eggplant.

Could this possibly be a hint towards a new Ice Climbers game as well?
No. Eggplant wizzards were one of the most dreaded enemies of the original game (or, so I've been told). You see him right before that screen.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No. Eggplant wizzards were one of the most dreaded enemies of the original game (or, so I've been told). You see him right before that screen.
Oh really? I never played the original game that far. I always die in the beginning :laugh:

But I still do love the original game. Very entertaining.

A_man13

Smash Master
They are a late game enemy (also, from what I hear) that instantly turn you into an eggplant.

I need to get the game on the VC sooner or later.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I really like the new claws. It's too bad that Pit didn't get those in Brawl. This game looks really fun, it was one of my favorites announced at E3.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ The only thing that ever annoyed me about Pit was "Nice try" when he reflected something back at you and killed you. (When items are on) Did he get a new VA? It sounded like the same one too me.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
^ The only thing that ever annoyed me about Pit was "Nice try" when he reflected something back at you and killed you. (When items are on) Did he get a new VA? It sounded like the same one too me.
Yeah, I think it's the same VA. VAs sometimes change the character's voice over time you know.

Pit's dialog makes me shudder though

"BARK LIKE A DOG!!!"

There's no way you can bark like a dog if you're already a dog (he said that when he was fighting Cerberus in the trailer)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I forgot I actually had this :c

And in other news in extremely hyped for this game. I've been waiting for 2 years for this to come out and I can already tell the time I'll be spending on the MP if it's as in depth and Sakurai makes it look.

:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Ok, this is a MAJOOR SUPER NECRO, but with the reveal of the new Multiplayer aspects, it's a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=651RDNV-tKg&feature=relmfu

anyone smell a future competitive scene?

also, more aspects explained by Sakurai:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nwg0vFVyHo&feature=relmfu

Ok, EDIT: just found out Nintendo is promoting a Pre-release Multiplayer Tournament for the game at Gamestops. this may become VERY competitive.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2012/2/28/news/85279/
So Kid Icarus Uprising is gonna end up being a competitive game and Brawl was on purpose designed to discourage competitive play? lolwut

Maybe there is hope for SSB4 after all.

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
how does the smash community not care about this game at all? a sakurai game, starring a character from brawl, and he said he wanted it to be more competitive. the multiplayer looks awesome

Top Bottom