• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Life

Smash Hero
I'm trying to find a staff strat that works. Autoreticle seems to help.

What I'm thinking is ideal for staffs (assuming someone has noticed you're taking potshots at them) is spending most of the time dodging and only firing when you have a clear shot. If someone gets in your face, try to get behind some cover so you can back up, fire a charged shot to knock them down, and get out of Dodge ASAP (no pun intended). Possibly even throw up Super Armor and ignore said person in your face while you fire charged shots into a nearby crowd, spamming dodges so you charge faster... generally, just avoid people if you can help it. Staffs are poor in the more claustrophobic maps. They're great for camping on rooftops or pressuring people who think they can camp on rooftops with other weapons. That one map with the tower where everyone camps when they're turned into the angel? Find a nice spot away from combat and take potshots at Pit/too.

In fact, I notice in general that staffs aren't particularly good at getting kills for some reason (or else I just have crappy ones or I pick bad targets). Which means they're best for harassing in LVD, where each bit of their health matters and not just the last point like in FFA.

I once got a double kill from a well-placed Flintlock shot from across the map. Luckiest shot ever. Of course, I spent the entire rest of the round getting murdered without a single other kill to show for it, but MAN it felt good.

I think I'll go back to my End-all Arm eventually (I have one without the defense penalty now). I just wanna see if I can make a staff work.

iLink

Smash Champion
Ah that's the one I used, Flintlock. It seems to have the fastest traveling shot from the other staffs I've used.

The stats on mine:
+4 stars in range
+1 star in melee

+3 petrification
+2 defense

I have quick charge, autoreticle, invisibility, counter and I think a beam.

You can stack autoreticle and invisibility at the same time, pretty helpful.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I wanna throw in that Megalaser is a decent gtfo of my face tool. It shoves away a opponents and traps them for a bit if you get them in the middle of the laser. I've gotten hit at point blank with it and by the time I got out I couldn't find my target.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got the greatest loadout.

Stealth Claws
Ranged: 2 1/2 Stars
Melee: 6 stars

Confusion +2
Speed +1
Item Attack +1
In-peril Attack Boost +4
Heart Bonus +3
Overall Defense -4

Land Mine Lv. 2
Super Armor Lv. 2
Counter Lv. 1
Transparency Lv. 2
Effect Recovery Lv. 2

My claws can take out everything in a couple melee combos at full health. I can just go in and destroy everything with super armor + counter. Super armor makes the defense drawback not that big of a deal, and counter just lets me keep swinging. Confusion status is just a bonus.

Then at low health, the attack boost kicks in and I just run around with transparency. That + the already impossible to see stealth claw shots make me impossible to find. It's obvious these claws are supposed to make me a glass cannon, but that's ok with me since nobody can ever find me anyway. Most games, I end up with kills in the double digits and only 2-3 deaths.

I also throw mines down in choke points for good measure. And effect recovery does just what it says. Saved my butt a lot of times.

Heart bonus makes these handy in story too.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I like to think of the Aurum as the "Universe" or the "Creator" in a sense. The game describes them coming from nothing and going back to nothing, it has the power to warp even God powers, acts like all life-forms except in the greatest sense, absorbs all things that are causing too much destruction, and there is no sign of actual life in all of it. That is my theory I guess, I like the mystery of it, I'm drawn to the Aurum weapons as a result.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OK well i found Fairy orbitars slight weakness being once someone is in your face its over. so I'm now building my powers around GTFO and slight camping/fortress play.

land mines at choke points while I snipe from deep are a must. and I started using slipshot too....its pretty good.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I finally started to play online a bit. I must say it's rather fun, I hope Smash 4 improves this much.

My only complaint is that during the Light and Dark fights, that when you turn into an Angel, you don't hold onto the weapon you were using, instead you get a new one. I went from a blade to a cannon, so annoying.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yep, and what sucks about the weapon change is that the value of that weapon remains similar to the weapon you are using before.

Also, just got some raptor claws, and I have been dominating with them so far. Definitely my favorite set of claws. Plus I got Explosive Flame. =D

As for not being able to clear the beat all levels on 9.0 achievement with a feather: what's the point of feathers if we cannot eliminate a challenge that we cannot do?

Also, I met this one person online who was able to one hit KO me with a staff from the middle of no where. I think he may have been using transparency as well, since I couldn't get an accurate read on his position. But his weapon value was sky high though. It was like 289 or something? Plus I managed to get a whole team to rage quit on me. =P The power of the raptor claws.

iLink

Smash Champion
I ran into a guy with a weapon value of 734. He was kicking our butts until I took him out and his team's entire life bar depleted lol.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, the default life bar is at 900. To be honest, that guy was pretty stupid for running something so high. I say the max value you should ever have is 250, and even then, that's pushing it a bit too far. You gotta find that right balance between your skill and your courtesy to your team.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The max is 900!?

**** That's a strong weapon. Here I was thinking it maxed out around 400. How can you even get to 734 let alone 900? lol

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The max is 900!?

**** That's a strong weapon. Here I was thinking it maxed out around 400. How can you even get to 734 let alone 900? lol
Oh, no, I meant that the default life bar that each team starts off with in Light vs. Dark is set to 900. As for maximum weapon value, I'll be guessing 1000. That sounds like its a nice, round number that is perfectly reasonable.

I'm guessing that whatever your weapon's value is is equivalent to what your team loses out of their life bar. So a value of 734 will take out 734 units of health out of the team life, only leaving them with 166 left.

That is why I said it is best to choose something that reflects your skill level, plus also something that is courteous to your team. So don't choose something too high that leaves your team with nothing left.

On a side note, I'm also going to guess that the angel's health will be the equivalent to that of the team's health: 900. So you'll have to do 900 units of damage to the angel before he goes down.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm not sure if I'm catching this or not.

but after the Angel shows up. if you kill someone on the team the angel is on does the angel lose life?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'm not sure if I'm catching this or not.

but after the Angel shows up. if you kill someone on the team the angel is on does the angel lose life?
Yes. The angel's health bar should be treated as the team's health in that every time you die, the angel's health goes down as well. The only difference is that the opposing team can directly attack your team's health. For this matter, I take back at what I saw about the angel's health being 900, as the angel's health seems to go down less than the team's health whenever a teammate dies.

Another thing, if you are still fighting whenever the angel appears for your team, you will start to slowly regain all of your health. If you take damage during this process, then your health will not be at full when its done.

Also a quick tip: if you're the angel either stick with a teammate and fight alongside them, or try to avoid those 2v1 confrontations. Because fighting off two people is incredibly difficult at times, especially if you got stuck with a weapon type that you're not really good with.

PS: Guardian orbitars are really a good way to shut down melee heavy weapon types. Just do your back dash attack, and you're golden.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Around 300 they don't really punish your death enough to warrant not using around that area, so that is around where I go. But dang... over 700.. I haven't even seen anything close to that. Must have done some expensive weapon shopping then fused the ones he bought, considering the only way to really get high modifiers is at the shop.

Too bad I put all my heart points as donations in the hopes it'll one day be worth it. .___.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It'll be worth it when you can see the tip of her nose in 3D (I've given 300,000+ so far :p )

but yeah the only level I've been able to beat on 9 is the first one. The air battle portion is so much harder than land imo.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Found some incredibly useful information while browsing gamefaqs.

Essentially, there are 12 weapons of every type, and each of these weapons is assigned a number from 1 to 12. When you fuse two weapons together, you just add those numbers together to get the number of the resulting weapon. If the result is higher than 12, it just wraps back around to 1; in other words, if it's more than 12, subtract 12. Simple as that!

So for example, you want to make an Angel Bow, because you have heard it has really good homing capabilities and you want to try it out.

First you check this chart to see what combinations can result in bows:

It turns out you can make bows from anything except staves and other bows.

So looking down the first column, you randomly decide you are going to make an Angel Bow from a blade and an arm. What number is the Angel Bow, so we can find out what blade and arm numbers we need to add together?

Well here is a nice list of the item numbers. I believe this is correct; it's the order the cards are numbered and the order of idols in-game, and every test I've put it through has worked. These are SPOILERS, some of these weapons take a lot of work to unlock, and they're named after bosses and such.

So we can see that the Angel Bow is number 7. 2 + 5 = 7, we could use blade 2 and arm 5 to make it, which is a Burst Blade and Drill Arm.

Or as another example, Royal Blade plus Artillery Claws equals Ore Club. 5 + 8 = 13, 13 - 12 = 1.

Nifty, huh?

One interesting thing about this is that almost any weapon can be used to fuse almost any other weapon. I mean, think about it...say you want to make a Royal Blade, blade 5. Staves are one blade ingredient and cannons are the other, so let's see which staves and cannons can be used to make blade 5:

1 & 4
2 & 3
3 & 2
4 & 1
5 & 12
6 & 11
7 & 10
8 & 9
9 & 8
10 & 7
11 & 6
12 & 5

...All staves and cannons can be used as part of a fusion to make blade 5! It's just a game of finding the right partner.
Weapon number values:

iLink

Smash Champion
That chart is actually false, this guy corrects it. There seemed to be a large number of exceptions with fusing with that one you posted, and this guy's formula worked every time.

Alright, I'm back. Brace for intensive math, everyone. Hell, brace for METAMATH. Things are about to get hypertechnical here.

For the sake of ease-of-programming, let's assume weapon idices (plural of index, refers to the numbers they figured out) actually run from 0 to 11, inclusive. It may seem a bit odd, but generally professional programmers prefer things to start at 0 because it makes indexing, mapping and a lot of other functions easier and faster.

So we basically have First Blade's id as 0, Gaol Blade's id is 11.

Next I'll introduce the "mod" function, or "%" in most programming languages. In higher-level math courses, you may see "x mod y" at some point. This means "Divide x by y, but ignore decimals and provide only the remainder." So 5 mod 3 = 2, 5 mod 5 = 0, 5 mod 0 = 0. You can find and fool around with it in most good calculators. The behavior of this function is rather interesting in that it sort of wraps around. It's output is between 0 and whatever y is. I do not recommend using it on things other than integers.

Now to the actual formula!
Let A and B be the indices of two weapons. To calculate C, the index of the new one...
C = (A + B + 1) mod 12

Go ahead and test it using the list of weapon numbers. Remember, this is based on weapon indices being between 0 and 11, so simply look up your weapon's number in the pic above, subtract 1, then plug it into the formula.

So let's visit one of those botched calculations in darkwizard's post above:
Ogre Club (Club 6) + Rail Cannon (Cannon 6)
Dark Pit Staff (Staff 11) [Arlon Orbitars (Orbitars 12)]

Ignoring weapon types, and plugging it into our formula, we get:
(5 + 5 + 1) mod 12 = 11

11, going by the indexing system, would be Arlon Orbitars. Prove me wrong if you can.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I'm still going to leave weapon fusing to chance rather than spend time just trying to do simple math. And the funny thing about all of this is that this is just done for fusing and getting a specific type of weapon. Just imagine the formulas used to determine which abilities of weapon A and weapon B go to weapon C.

Because I'm pretty sure what most people care about is getting their preferred abilities to their preferred weapon.

Speaking of which, I really need to figure out all of the locations of the Zodiac weapons. Because all I have is the crappy Leo cannon, which I turned into a gem for Streetpass. =P

iLink

Smash Champion
Well every weapon in its class has something unique about it. This is just a way to figure out how to get one that you want.

I'm so sad, I just got some beam claws with +2 freeze/+4 speed/-4 health

It would be amazing if I didn't get killed by anything in 1 or 2 attacks

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I noticed that claws love to eat up the health or defense nerfs a lot. I normally just convert weapons such as that into hearts if I can't find a way to get the good stats into another weapon for fusion later.

Also curious as to what the hell the Nintendo Network is on this game. Tried reading the manual about it, but I got nothing. Well, on a second thought, the question to be asked is when can we use the Nintendo Network?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OH, you have to unlock weapon combinations.

That's why some weapons fuse together to make "?"

Didn't realize that

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have all of the Zodiacs, but I don't remember precisely where they all are. XP

Tried Boss Battle mode on NORMAL, made awful decisions and only arrived at 17. D: I may have to feather the HARD mode one. But then there are all of these 9.0 challenges that I fail miserably at.. And they punish you badly for failing them because you bet so many friggin hearts to even attempt it.

Life

Smash Hero
Yeah, it didn't occur to me that the "?"'s were probably unlockables until a couple days ago when I decided to start going after the Zodiac stuff.

Also, what's the best strategy for taking out
Hades' Heart in the boss rush? I pretty much just brute-forced it for story mode, but that doesn't work in Boss Battles so...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's definitely some good information there. I'll be saving that post for later. ;)

No idea. Personally I just guessed and shot at anything that moved in that fight.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That may be the worst boss in all of it... If you watch the heart closely it is pretty easy to tell when one is a clone. Beyond that I guess you need to use weapons and abilities with reaaally good range to stay away from when it charges around nonstop.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Does it mean I'm playing well if each next level is suggesting an even higher difficulty rating?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does it mean I'm playing well if each next level is suggesting an even higher difficulty rating?
Well, I played at level 3 my first playthrough (And still died a few times) and it's suggesting 7 and up on some levels.

I think it just increases whenever you beat the level.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Zodiac locations courtesy of GameFAQS
Aquarius Blade Ch. 23: When you get to your first grind rail that you have to jump, take it back in the opposite direction and ride it to the Chamber.
Aries Armor (Power) Ch. 18: At the Hot Spring area with the Souflee, go to the left.
Cancer Claws Ch. 8: In the constellation storage room, after defeating the Snong, don't take the Jump Pad. Take the dead end path to the right and jump down.
Capricorn Club Ch. 20: When you get to the area that needs a key, go inside and take a right. Open the jail cell in the back left and go through the hidden wall.
Gemini Orbitars Ch. 6: If you're lucky enough to fight Dark Pit in the underground temple, go check the temple's corners after defeating him.
Leo Cannon Ch. 10: After sinking the pedestal into the lava (or jumping over it completely) go into the next room and follow the left wall.
Libra Sponge (Power) Ch. 14: Once you get to the boss door, go in the opposite direction and you'll find an electric door. Get up close to the door and dodge through.
Pisces Heal (Power) Ch. 24: When you take your first elevator to begin the trials, go down the other flight of stairs to find the Chamber.
Sagittarius Bow Ch. 2: When you go down the ramp (Right before you meet Magnus), there is a tapestry decorating one of the bends. Run through it.
Scorpio Staff Ch. 16: When you get the Aether Ring and float down an opening, look for an opening. Shoot the switch in that opening and you'll be able to enter.
Taurus Arm Ch. 4: In the room with the narrow path and two scythes, drop down to the Clubberskull pit. One of the holes is glowing. Jump into that hole.
Virgo Palm Ch. 12: There's an area that gives you an elevator after killing some monsters. Look towards it. A second elevator is behind you. Take that elevator.

Also, the way I defeat
Hades Heart is by standing still and dodging toward the heart when it charges at you. Keep that in mind and the only hard part about this fight is keeping track of both the hearts. Unfortunately that's kind of really hard.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
okay so I been messing around with Arms a bit today.

I think I'm starting to like those a little more than claws.

my Arms Loadout right now is
Compact Arm 3 Range 4 1/2 melee
+1 knockback defense
+1 Health
+1 Speed
+1 dash ch. shot

Powers
Lv.1 Land mine
Freeze attack
Super armor
brief invincibility
counter (lv.2)
effect recovery

oh and interference because it fit. lol

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If any of the arms I will ever use, it will definitely be the Drill Arm. (Giga. Drill. Breeeeeaaaakeer!) XD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I just hate how big most of the arms are... Can't use a weapon if I think it's ugly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm starting to mess around with bows online. Using the Phosophora Bow with it's great homing to snipe people at a distance is great.

At this point I really need to get down and see how to properly use powers. Any recomendations?

I'm currently using: Reflect Barrier, Counter, Paralyze, Mega Laser, and Transparency.

Life

Smash Hero
Ran into NiTE online but disconnected before I could get in the room.
<---- Daedalus.

More in a moment, my queue is coming up...

I use Reflect Barrier, Counter, Bumblebee, and a filler. I play a glass cannon so these keep me from getting hit.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I use Darkness, Meteors, Slipshot, Angelic Missile, and a filler I think.
Since I use long ranged blades usually, it's AWESOME to corner someone, get in close to get meteors on them, and blast at them from a distance.

I played some hard people just now, games were really close and fun.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Still think Meteors, Megalaser, and Black Hole is best (with maybe a filler to use when the other three are gone, and only then to prevent ability confusion). Meteors are just great for initiating and getting away, and the second two are amazing for interrupting fights. Black Hole used to fill me with doubts but in some games I can trap someone 1v1 two times in a row and just mow them down with a Bow or drop charged shots in with cannons. It's great. :D Bows are best in the lava pit stage, I got several kills from firing long charged shots with my Palutena Bow when people are in the center causing them to bounce up and into the lava. Easy free kills. xD

Also, I got a hold of the Daybreak and for someone reason failed with it, I didn't understand. I shot a brief beam and it went away, and the guy I was fighting just cleaned me up after the fail. D,: And yeah I don't get daybreak a whole lot, usually just stumble across the pieces when I'm hunting for people, never really deliberately look for them. Not sure if that is practical.

Life

Smash Hero
>enemy angel has appeared
>almost finish him
>respawn on opposite side of map...
>...next to two Daybreak pieces, and we already have the other.

Life's good.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably a noob question here, but what exactly is Daybreak?

Also sounds like I'm missing quite a few good powers. :p

Top Bottom