• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The items that spawn in PvP that work like the Kirby item in Brawl that you or your team has to put together (Part A, B, and C) and it gives you a powerful weapon that shoots a beam.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ah, so it's similar to the Dragoon item. Nice.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I just finished the game today ^__^. It was such a great adventure! I'm really happy I got to experience it ^__^. Now, all I gotta do is keep getting good weapons and beating the story at higher difficulties :D! I can't wait to play with you all online either ^__^! Just let me know when you wanna play and I'll see if I can ^__^!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We should all try and get online together this weekend at some specific time.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Getting a triple kill with daybreak while one of them is an angel feels so god damn good.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
What also feels good is playing the Lightning Chariot level with fast abilities and Pandora Claws, running past the Chariot Master in Crisis Mode and meleeing the boss as he dies, unlocking a crap ton of achievements. xD

Edit: Also, I'm all for us playing matches, I am free for anytime since I don't have classes this semester and people around here are less fun than my 3DS.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I wish I could join you guys in your wifi fun. The internet here can't seem to handle any kind of game lobby, yet it can do everything else perfectly fine >.> Maybe if you're all still playing in a few weeks I can get some matches in.

Anyway I have a question about an achievement for chapter 22. "Destroy three mirrors during the fight with
Amazon Pandora.
" Anyone know where those mirrors actually are? I can't find them, and it doesn't help that the entire area is reflective.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hmm.. I haven't done that one. I'll go take a look, I have the speed run achievement still undone on that chapter anyhow.

Edit: One of the attacks she uses makes a mirror in front of her that you can smash.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If we're going to play some matches, I say do it on a Friday. That's usually the best time to catch me for weekends. Otherwise, I normally work those days.

Also, the Giga Drill Breaker strikes online! The first time I ever used an arm online was one of my best matches. Went 6-1 assembled Daybreaker (I got really lucky that they all spawned in front of me, one after the other) and finished off Pit with it. Gotta love the Drill Arm. =D (As for abilities, all I brought was Mega Laser and Explosive Flame, but only used Mega Laser once as a gtfo method.) For some reason, my dodging game was just crazy that match. Was able to clear the distance between a bow real quickly and get some melee combos going.

Also, I cannot unlock Palutena's Bow to save my life! I keep on rushing through Chapter 11 with claws, and nothing is working.

EDIT: Also, here's a nice little video of some band that I nearly forgot about. They did a metal cover of the main theme to Kid Icarus and Metroid, and combined them into something amazing: Kid Icaroid.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The Iwata Asks for Kid Icarus updated today. http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/kidicarus/0/5

One of the attacks she uses makes a mirror in front of her that you can smash.
Ohhhhhh. Awesome, I'll try it again later. Do I have to be fighting her at close range to make her use that attack?
If we're going to play some matches, I say do it on a Friday. That's usually the best time to catch me for weekends. Otherwise, I normally work those days.

Also, the Giga Drill Breaker strikes online! The first time I ever used an arm online was one of my best matches. Went 6-1 assembled Daybreaker (I got really lucky that they all spawned in front of me, one after the other) and finished off Pit with it. Gotta love the Drill Arm. =D (As for abilities, all I brought was Mega Laser and Explosive Flame, but only used Mega Laser once as a gtfo method.) For some reason, my dodging game was just crazy that match. Was able to clear the distance between a bow real quickly and get some melee combos going.

Also, I cannot unlock Palutena's Bow to save my life! I keep on rushing through Chapter 11 with claws, and nothing is working.[/URL]
Nice to see someone likes the Drill Arm. I tried it asap and felt like it was just "eh..."

Also, you're not unlocking Palutenas Bow because you unlock it on Chapter 24.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Nice to see someone likes the Drill Arm. I tried it asap and felt like it was just "eh..."

Also, you're not unlocking Palutenas Bow because you unlock it on Chapter 24.
Well, I normally use claws a lot, so cqc is right up my alley. Normally I would hate arms, as I'm not too fond of their design or foot speed, but I do like the fact that the drill is a freaking drill that launches drills at opponents. I found it best to launch multi-hitting large drills from afar for some good crowd control/damage, and then closing in for some powerful melee attacks. But charge shots are a definite must for drills.

As for Palutena's Bow, derp.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Drill Arm is probably the only one I could accept, and perhaps the Kraken Arm isn't too bad either. Not so sure if Orbiters are particularly good (I want them to be, I want dem Centurions!) so let me know if they're any good because I don't have any decent ones fused.

Also, I only seen it once, so I am not so sure when she uses the mirror move. Sorry. XP Though, for what it is worth, I was somewhat close to her when she did it.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think the Fairy orbitars are strong if you build your powers correctly

powers building around getting you sure hits and being able to leave a situation/stay safe while you shoot charge shots from deep.

I'm trying out Shock orbitars when I get home today. I got them last night but I was too tired to play by then lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hard to say.. Palutena's Bow is the best bow in my opinion, it rules in long range and close range fights, it's only weakness is mid-range encounters and you can use your abilities to give you the advantage or get out of those situations. I did see an Angel Bow from a player that could shut you down because the homing was so intense the shots could curve like 90 degrees to get you.

For Cannons it is really hard to say because there are a lot of good ones. Poseidon Cannon has some amazing rapid fire and the charged shot has a HUGE radius. Sonic Cannon is the same really just with wind rather than water. Then Cragalaunch has a powerful exploding charged shot. Doom Cannon I have trouble controlling the charged shots and Flamebellows seems just awful to me for some reason.

I know very little of arms but I do have one End-All Arm that can seriously punish with six Melee and four (or something) ranged. Orbiters I'm still clueless on as well. Blades aren't particularly my favorite either, they just seem so bland and all do the same stuff. Palms are also very similar to each other, Flame Palm may be one of the better ones. Staffs bore me and stink.

In terms of claws, Pandora does some serious damage and the Pandora Back-Dash is handy for running away or tricking people into running into it, and the Brawler Claws make you run REALLY fast.

Magnus Club can be really fun to play because of its Back Dash whirlwind, but if people can stay away from you and you can't get at them, you're done it's over. Skyscraper Club, Aurum Club, Black Club, hell clubs all just have long range powerful attacks.

tl;dr I don't know much yet. xD

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I would say that but I'm afraid Palutena would tell me to toughen up.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I ate my entire inventory to make a weapon worth 300, including my now favorite weapon, Aurum Palm. Obviously didn't know it then but the weapon turned out to be an Aurum Palm!

So I'm basically grinding for a ton of hearts now.

Life

Smash Hero
So I let my curiosity get the best of me and put together some +4 speed Brawler Claws.

All I can say is...

GOTTA GO FAST :sonic:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So I let my curiosity get the best of me and put together some +4 speed Brawler Claws.

All I can say is...

GOTTA GO FAST :sonic:
I have one like that from an achievement that I use for speed runs. :D

It also has a +8 Overall Defense modifier, but the weapon has not a single star on range or melee and I can't fuse the modifier into anything decent. FUUUUUUUUU!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yet another dumb question here, but what is crisis mode? I've been seeing it as a requirement for a lot of achivements.

Also which mode has everyone been playing? Free for All or Light Vs Dark?

I myself enjoy LvD the most for all of the strategy involved.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Crisis mode is when your health bar hits 0 and then disappears. You have to avoid getting hit until it comes back, or else die.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, you usually hear your life bar shatter, and then all that is left up there is a feather. And I prefer to play Light vs. Dark, as I usually prefer team play over solo. And there really is no good weapon. It depends on your playstyle and the ablities of that weapon that makes it good or bad to you.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't know, Free For All is really intense because it puts you out there in a mess. Survival of the fittest! Both modes have their pros.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
been farming hearts for better weapons.

Not fun

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've been farming to make a pixelated deity walk closer to me so I can see her face squished against the screen. Trying to get the "Possess 300,000+ Hearts" achievement before making the next donation, and I've been trying to do 50 Nearby matches to get one of dem feathers so I can get out of doing them damn 9.0 achievements.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Nah, they work. You can hold the feathers over them and see if they are locked.

I have only used feathers on weapon gem related challenges and the one challenge in the Viridi Treasure Hunt that I actually don't want to do. Beat the Cragalanche Chapter at 2.0 without getting hit once. Sounds easy, but it got tedious after restarting the third time. The rest I shall do on those two, but the third page has some that I'd rather just rush by. I'll be beating them eventually however, considering the "Beat All Chapters on 9.0" can't be feather'd.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I notice the Harpy enemy in this game isn't topless like the original game

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've been farming to make a pixelated deity walk closer to me so I can see her face squished against the screen. Trying to get the "Possess 300,000+ Hearts" achievement before making the next donation, and I've been trying to do 50 Nearby matches to get one of dem feathers so I can get out of doing them damn 9.0 achievements.
lol, what are you up to?

I'm at 420,000 or so. also where did you get your avatar. I MUST KNOW

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have the choice between A nice Pandora's Claw with some great abilities or an Awesome Magnus club with great abilities

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
300,000!? Wow, I only have around 20,000 right now. I really need to start saving up.

I notice the Harpy enemy in this game isn't topless like the original game
This.

Ironically though, looking through the manuel, it's rather surprising to see the enemies you'll recognize.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I made a flintlock staff build with powers geared around status effects if I hit (and slipshot to hit through walls)

but those things are such a ***** to aim I swear. if I get the homing power does that even effect them or no?

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I don't think homing will affect it.

Btw, 2 quick questions: Does anybody know how to get the Paletena's Sacred Bow or Poseidon's Cannon?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So far, it seems like Claws, Palms, and Clubs are pretty near the top in multiplayer matches. I might put a bow up there for it's long range/speedy attacks, but I don't have a great bow yet. Ah heck, I'll do a fake tier list and see what people think...

From my opinion, it's:

Top tier:
Claws
Clubs
Palms

High:
Bow
MAYBE Blades

Mid:
Blade
Cannon

Low:
Orbitars
Arms

Bottom:
Staves

This is mostly due to my weapon selection at the moment.. I do have a pretty nice staff, but with a bit of lag and the overall quick movements in this game, sniping is incredibly difficult. Claws are also overused, which make it hard for staff users...

Orbitars and Arms both have potential, but I haven't seen a reason to believe that they're any better than the weapons above them. I'd think Orbs might be higher... maybe top of mid. Not sure.

Palms are so high because of the auto lock-on, fast movement, fast firing, and tons of damage / second. Combine them with a few offensive abilities, like black hole, and they're ridiculous.

Blades are pretty average, on the whole. I've had a couple blades that I really liked, though.

Bow might move to top tier... it seems to be the most effective "overall" weapon in the game. Crazy long range/homing and decent mid/short range for some of them... The only thing keeping them down is that the faster short range weapons seem to overwhelm them pretty easily.

Thoughts?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
is there a formula or something to know who wins the clash trades between weapons? (during melee)

I've been beating quite a few claw players with Arm but I'm not sure if its just me or is it something going on with the weapons system (like countering each other or something)

Edit:
I'd move palms down a bit beceause I personally haven't seen a great palms player yet.
probably down to Mid and then put Blade at high. I don't relaly like blades much either but I see some pretty effective blade users online.

as much as I like orbitars I haven't really seen one do well with them besides me (and thats only with the Fairy Orbitars)

I'm trying to use the shock orbitars now though. they seem pretty legit.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I've tried Orbs before, and they're not bad, it's just they're fairly mediocre and are outclassed in almost every role they can do. They don't have much powe compared to other weapons, they're range isn't as good as a Bow's or Staff's, and their melee is crap. As for an all around weapon, they're outclassed by Blades.

Edit: still want to know where Paletana's Bow is...

Edit2: nvm, just found out

iLink

Smash Champion
I think palm's are pretty amazing if you have high enough damage and decent attributes. I would say my best weapon is

Great Reaper Palm
Ranged: 4 stars
Melee: 0 stars

Overall defense +2
Status Resistance +2
Confusion +2
Shot Range +2
Running Speed +4

The homing abilities on these are amazing and with the decent ranged damage and distance on them, you do a whole lot of consistent damage. Not to mention since you are hitting them so often, they are pretty much going to have a consistent statues effect on them.

EDIT: Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu just fused this lol

Raptor Claws
Ranged: 0
Melee: 6

+2 poison
+1 running speed
+2 stamina
+1 evasion
+2 melee combo
+1 in-peril autododge

200+ damage per melee combo is lol. It only has a rating of 222 so I don't **** my team's lifebar with it if I die.

Top Bottom