• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
InferiorityComplex, was that you I was teaming with?
I know someone here is Daedalus, but I'm too lazy to go search.

Whoever it was, it was fun :D
other team tried teaming me but 140 dash attack Crusader Blade said nope and double killed them, lol.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I doubt I'll be doing any online matches until I'm sure that I'm good to go. I did the stupidest thing ever recently: I gave up my club because I thought a shooting weapon would be better. Dumb dumb dumb.

Also,
the chaos ring chapter
made me very sad. I know it'll get better, but still...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
How exactly does Online with Friends work? You make a room and hope that your friends jump in before the time runs out and you go against computers? I'm so confused. o:

iLink

Smash Champion
How exactly does Online with Friends work? You make a room and hope that your friends jump in before the time runs out and you go against computers? I'm so confused. o:
From when I tried it, you seem to be thrown into a game as soon as you make the room which bothers me. People that join can't play until that one match is over it seems.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I wish fusing was a bit easier to be honest. It's a painful and time consuming process. I can spend half an hour going through it and come up with nothing.
Just hit the X button to switch between categories. There is an option called Category. It makes things much more easier to go through, as all blades are next to blades, etc. It also gives you a much better idea as to what weapon combinations make what. You'll still spend some time sorting through everything, but at least it'll make things easier.

PS: The 3DS stand can also hold the Circle Pad Pro with the 3DS inside it. So it isn't completely worthless for those who used the Circle Pad Pro approach to Kid Icarus. I still don't like to use it though.

From when I tried it, you seem to be thrown into a game as soon as you make the room which bothers me. People that join can't play until that one match is over it seems.
Did some research on that. You have 180 seconds to adjust things such as rules, teams, and the players in the lobby. However, as soon as you, the host, ready up with your loadout, the game starts automatically.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I know that you can change the way it is sorted, but it can't be sorted by stars, and you can't look for specific weapons.

It also seems to have no rhyme or reason on whether a weapon will achieve more or less stars in either ranged or melee, you just have a general "feel" for when a weapon will get increased stats or decreased stats. The same goes for modifiers, I don't understand how they are chosen to not go into weapons or when they do go into them.

Another thing I'm somewhat confused with as well is weapon gems. @_@ I feel derpy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Got the game today, and the ground controls are weird, especially that camera. Flight levels are a blast to play though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You'll get used to it. I didn't like it at first, but I'm getting used to it as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Another thing I'm somewhat confused with as well is weapon gems. @_@ I feel derpy.
Weapon gems are okay, but it's annoying since you have to pay hearts in order to do anything with them. Ex. It costs hearts to de-gem them and fuse them.

@Kuma: Good to hear. The controls take a bit of getting used to, if anything though it's the size of the 3DS that makes it hard to hold and gives cramps. Just don't start on those movesets without me. ;)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah I know that you can change the way it is sorted, but it can't be sorted by stars, and you can't look for specific weapons.

It also seems to have no rhyme or reason on whether a weapon will achieve more or less stars in either ranged or melee, you just have a general "feel" for when a weapon will get increased stats or decreased stats. The same goes for modifiers, I don't understand how they are chosen to not go into weapons or when they do go into them.

Weapon gems. When you make one, you do not lose that weapon that you turned into a gem. I guess Sakurai wanted you to help out newer players by giving them a powerful weapon via Streetpass. Also, weapon fusing weapon gems do cost you hearts, but it is still cheaper to fuse than to turn a weapon gem into the weapon.

Stars are nothing to be too worried about. Yeah, having them helps, but you don't need to focus on them if you get the hang of the game and the weapon type. Besides, high star value usually means an even higher weapon value. Not sure if you'll want to bring that along in multiplayer.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well yeah I know, that is what I mean I have a general feel for it, but it isn't always so predictable. I wish I knew the system precisely, maybe when the guide comes out it will explain it thoroughly.

Which reminds me, that thing doesn't come out until April 11th, the hell?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
lol I think it is because there are so many different kinds of weapons. If a guide were to give a complete list of weapons, they would need a lot of time to even come out with one.

But you really do not even need a guide. The game is simple enough to figure out. As for weapon customization, then the point is to spend time and figure it out. Its fun like that.

Its a lot like the Armored Core series. Try picking through over 300 parts to try to get something to your exact liking: its not going to happen. You always have to sacrifice a little something to get something that you are going to be happy with. Sure, it might not be exactly the super weapon that you want, but at least it'll be close to what you wanted. Closer is better than nothing.

iLink

Smash Champion
The 6 star melee claws I fused were weird. I fused a rail cannon with 0 range/ 3 melee and some orbitars that had 0 range/ 0 melee. Somehow that resulted in a 6 star melee weapon.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Did the orbiters have really high modifiers? And were they the Gemini ones?

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
How much do stars affect your weapons's power? I usually focus on stars over boosts, but if they don't do much I want to know.

Oh and DAK, IGN has a list of every weapon with the idol descriptions.

ndayday

BRoomer
As far as I can tell stars = damage.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
How much do stars affect your weapons's power? I usually focus on stars over boosts, but if they don't do much I want to know.

Oh and DAK, IGN has a list of every weapon with the idol descriptions.
No, I'm meaning a list of every possible weapon that could be made. I already know the full list of weapons, I was just saying a FULL list of weapons. This includes things such as weapon modifiers, star attributes, weapon values, etc.

And yes, more stars = more damage possible in that certain attribute. So a staff with +4 range is good, or a claw with +5 melee is even better. Yet, more stars in more fields = more weapon value, so they can be a disadvantage sometimes in multiplayer teams.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Stars don't add too much to the value. Modifiers are what really bump up a weapon's rating. I think the cannon I mentioned some pages back that had 6 ranged and 5 1/2 melee was like 300, all of the modifiers being +1. Also, certain types of modifiers bump up the cost more so than others, though I can't recall which ones are the most valuable.

As for how much stars affect a weapon's damage output, that is something you will probably need to test in the Practice Range with various weapons of the same kind with just different stars.

Life

Smash Hero
InferiorityComplex, was that you I was teaming with?
I am Daedalus, but considering the origins of the name (he was Icarus' father) I wouldn't be surprised if it's not unique (or even if it's a bot name). I was out of the house when you made that post though, so probably not.

I think I'd remember teaming with you, though.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Jusr ran some tests to see how much stars affect damage, and I thought I'd post them for anyone interested. All attacks were done on the land practice area, and all ranged shots where done at 10m away.

First I used 2 optical blades. One has no stars and one has 1 range and 1.5 melee. Here's what I got. (all attacks I used weren't affected by modifiers)

Weaker: 10 damage with 5 standing cont. shots
20 with backwards dash ch. shot
57 with melee combo

Stronger: 14 damage with 5 standing cont. shots
25 with backwards dash ch. shot
82 with melee combo

I then repeated this with 2 Ore clubs, one with no stars, one with 6 melee

Weaker: 60 damage with dash melee
72 with melee combo

Stronger: 164 with dash melee
145 with melee combo

Did it once more with 2 Reaper Palms, just for good measure. One had 2 ranged and 1 melee, while the other had 4.5 ranged and melee.

Weaker: 9 damage with 1 standing cont. fire shot
49.5 with standing ch. shot.
48 with melee combo.

Stronger: 13.2 with 1 standing cont. fire shot.
73.5 with standing ch. shot
128 with melee combo

Life

Smash Hero
Another discovery. Weapon ID does not affect weapon value. In other words, all weapons with the same ranged/melee stats and same bonuses will have the same value.

Life

Smash Hero
Dark Pit Staff (239)
Ranged: 2
Melee: 1
Freezing +1
Standing ch shot +4
Forward-dash ch shot +4

Forward-dash charged shots deal insane damage (in excess of 280 as you approach the max range of 110m) and can freeze if they don't kill, setting up for another shot that certainly will. Only wish it had a speed or defense bonus, or better freezing, but at least the value is fairly low.

Also considering dynamo cannon, as I just spawned as Pit with one and it was awesome. No knocking before trying!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have no idea what to make of all of this weapon stuff. When fusing I just go by what was posted a few pages back.

There should be some new Club Nintendo rewards tomorrow, here's hoping to getting some Uprising content such as the soundtrack (it's a part of Japan's CN) or some AR cards.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The fact that staffs can only be used effectively on certain maps makes it low tier. Plus, add in the difficulty to use it, and it is definitely bottom tier.
Agree 100%. I finally got a staff that's enjoyable to use. The Lancer staff is more powerful at close range which is hard, but oh so fulfilling on multiplayer (>140 fast charging charge shot with a bit of homing). It's still horribly difficult to use on multiplayer, but quite good on solo.

The problem with palms for me is that they have low killing potential. At most, they are just annoying. It takes a high weapon value palms to be made effective.
True, but I feel the same type things can be said for claws, which I would still put #2 at worst. Low value claws have so much trouble killing, unless you can get a 5-6 star Melee claw, like another person stated. Either way, the movement speed buffs for claws and palms are so nice.

I could see moving palms to high or the upper side of mid, but I disagree with Low. I don't see any reasoning to put palms below blades or arms.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had some great artillery claws that I was using or a while. They seem to have large range over other claws.

I NOW use beam claws. They just look so good while using them.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hades Treasure Hunt

Chapter 21:
Collect 35,000 or more hearts and clear this chapter.

Okay, how the crap is this possible, even with like a +8 Heart modifier? I need to know this, because I would grind that level and get hearts a dozen times a day. O_O

Oh, and thanks for the original Kid Icarus tip from a couple of pages ago. :D

I don't see any reasoning to put palms below blades or arms.
Blades? I agree. But arms are pretty legit, they get better melee and range, they just lack the homing. *at least I believe those three things are the case*

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Can someone explain to me how counter and bumblebee powers work? I activate them, then proceed to get into a fight and die. I get the feeling I'm doing something wrong :x

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Holy crap this game is fun.

I'm only in Chapter 4, but I'm loving the heck out of everything so far. Not very big on the dashing/dodging mechanic. It feels pretty strange to double click the slidepad joystick thing compared to a normal controller joystick. It just feels weird to me, and I find myself fumbling all the time when I'm trying to dodge attacks.

There is so much stuff in this game that I have no idea how it works. Much of the time I have no idea what is going on.

The dialogue and voiceover is the best part of the initial playthrough by far. I'm completely baffled at the criticism directed towards this aspect of the game. This is brilliant. I hope SSB4's story mode is like this.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Blades? I agree. But arms are pretty legit, they get better melee and range, they just lack the homing. *at least I believe those three things are the case*
Nah. Arms have quite a bit shorter range than palms, on average. Better Melee, I agree, but you have to be so darn close..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like a good Drill Arm. Thing looks friggin awesome

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Dang, I just got a Hewdraw club that does 245 in a melee combo. Time to kill things.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Checked, yeah, arms are about 5 shorter than palms (except Aurum Palm had longer range). Still think the trade-off is better, arm killing power is awesome.

Also, according to the Treasure Hunt Compilation I posted a while back, doing all chapters on 9.0 difficulty gets you 999,999 heart points. Not sure if that is trustworthy, but just pointing out what I saw. I guess that is acceptable. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh, and thanks for the original Kid Icarus tip from a couple of pages ago. :D
Anytime. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I can beat the original game (and OM&M) easy. :cool:

999,999 hearts!? That sounds worth the effort, although it depends if you can do it or not. Probably going to need one of those 400+ value weapons to stand a change though.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'll get to playing it eventually, so I may have to ask for more advice some time.

Get a weapon with a really high defense modifier and good damage, it possibly could be done. Maybe a health or evasion modifier in addition.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
True, but I feel the same type of things can be said for claws, which I would still put #2 at worst. Low value claws have so much trouble killing, unless you can get a 5-6 star Melee claw, like another person stated. Either way, the movement speed buffs for claws and palms are so nice.

I could see moving palms to high or the upper side of mid, but I disagree with Low. I don't see any reasoning to put palms below blades or arms.
Blades and arms have better killing potential and ease of use than palms. Palms need a higher value to boost them in their ranged attacks. Blades and arms can kill at lower values.

Claws are just good because of that speed boost, and the fact that they are capable of five hit melee combos. Their range and shot power ain't too shabby either. The reason why they are so effective is that once they get in your face, they are hard to get out of your face. They can kill, even at low values. Trust me, I use 180 value brawler fists all the time as claws, and still get a good amount of kills per game.

The best palms user I ever saw was a palms user who was using burning palms at 6 stars range, and a value of 308. My team was lucky he was good enough to use that effectively.

ndayday

BRoomer
I am Daedalus, but considering the origins of the name (he was Icarus' father) I wouldn't be surprised if it's not unique (or even if it's a bot name). I was out of the house when you made that post though, so probably not.

I think I'd remember teaming with you, though.
I see.

Does anyone know exactly what makes two weapons fused together become a higher value? I can just toss them together if they're near the same value for the most part when they're 100+, but once I get to 300 it refuses to go higher. I have decent modifiers being carried over (petrification, freezing, heart bonus, health bonus, etc.) so I don't see why it's not going up.

iLink

Smash Champion
Did the orbiters have really high modifiers? And were they the Gemini ones?
The orbitars only had the evasion modifier of +1. I'm not sure which one they were exact, either standard or jetstream.

Also finally got black hole. This thing gives me free kills every time I throw it down.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm wondering how it decides what abilities get transferred by fusing. So many good weapons that I don't fuse because only sucky weapons get the ability I want from it

Top Bottom