• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
awesome april fools.

Anyway good to know it's not just me who can't stand being slow.

As for the mirrors, I had the same problem. You kinda have to stay in her face and break them as she makes them, otherwise they'll just spin/reflect whenever you try to hit them and you have to wait for her to make another one.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't get it at how people can complain about speed. If you want to complain about speed, try using some boom orbitars while its firing. Then tell me what's slow. =P But yeah, after using claws for so long, and then trying to go back to something else slower is hard.

Also, been playing 3DS Classics Kid Icarus a lot. That game is brutal, but it is so fun for some reason. But then again, I DID love the original Devil May Cry 3, so I can take the difficulty.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can't say I like the new design. :p

How long is this going to last anyway?

As for the mirrors, I had the same problem. You kinda have to stay in her face and break them as she makes them, otherwise they'll just spin/reflect whenever you try to hit them and you have to wait for her to make another one.
That sounds dumb. I can't even see her make them. :p

Also, been playing 3DS Classics Kid Icarus a lot. That game is brutal, but it is so fun for some reason. But then again, I DID love the original Devil May Cry 3, so I can take the difficulty.
Good man. Keep at it. ;)

Anyone else hoping for the next game to be a platformer? :3

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
After beating 3D classics earlier today, I'd rather they continue with what Uprising is doing. But in HD on a Wii U. Not that the original wasn't fun, but Uprising does a much better job at holding my attention.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I still dont see the mirrors. >.< Now that Im in her face, she melees me with a staff-like object, but thats about it. And she keeps warping away D<
Ok here we go..

FC: 1418-6782-4533

Ok I added everybody on the list above. Let me know if you can't add me for some reason, and I'll look into it.
O_O I added you. Holy heck, your Mii looks just like... Like me! Same eye color, same hair style and color, same glasses. xD Even same eyebrows! Do I have a fanclub or something? x3

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I still dont see the mirrors. >.< Now that Im in her face, she melees me with a staff-like object, but thats about it. And she keeps warping away D<
Oh. Hrmm. Maybe back up a bit while still staying close? Whenever she made them I was close enough to just run up to her smash the mirrors. IDK maybe I just got lucky :/ Also you'll know when she makes them because Palutena will tell you the things she's making reflect projectiles.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Hrmm. Maybe back up a bit while still staying close? Whenever she made them I was close enough to just run up to her smash the mirrors. IDK maybe I just got lucky :/ Also you'll know when she makes them because Palutena will tell you the things she's making reflect projectiles.
Ive seen ONE now, on Intensity 8. x_x But thats it. She wont make anymore. Do you have to be attacking her for her to use it?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I just kinda camped in front of her and dodged everything. I can't remember if she was at low health or not.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just got bored and fused all of my weapons that had under 200 in value. :p

I've also decided that paying for the gems themselves is not worth it in the end, so I've decided to turn any I get into hearts. That way I at least profit in some way.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh well, I'll do this one later I guess. Whats the best stage for
Defeating 15 enemies with an Exo Tank dash? How about Aether Ring shield
?
Feathered the first one, chapter 11 for the second. Exotanks are just such a pain to control.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Chapter 5 on a low intensity for the Exo Tank one.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Exo Tanks suck so bad, no idea what was going on in the devs head for the handling on that turd. What makes it suck even more is that exo tanks were sometimes required to complete a level.

As for the Slowpoke Forums thing, ok, April Fool's is over people, change it back.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I have Palutena's complete and only need about six more of Viridi's. I'm only about halfway done with Hades... Don't know HOW I'll ever finish that one though. x-x
Ndayday: There arent 15 enemies in the tracks there. O:

Life

Smash Hero
Maybe if I spent more time challenge-hunting and less time listening to Dark Pit's (hawesome) Theme I'd have this stuff done by now.

iLink

Smash Champion
I've been running lvl4 Energy Charge lately. This thing is pretty nuts for bows and staves. Pretty effective with my palms too.

Btw, do you guys know how much health a player has or the angel?

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I'm terrible with staffs. And I havent used a palm at all yet hehe. The only weapons i've really used, besides those used to clear Treasure hunt items, are the Jetstream Orbitars and Twinbellows cannon.

I've been meaning to try out new weapons lol.
Am I the only one who loves
Playing as Magnus in Chapter 18? No reticle, just combat combat combat. I wish the Magnus Club worked the same way hehe. Forward dash KICK TO THE FACE!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Maybe if I spent more time challenge-hunting and less time listening to Dark Pit's (hawesome) Theme I'd have this stuff done by now.
Magnus Theme is totally better!

And playing as Magnus is way better as well. xD

Exo Tanks suck so bad, no idea what was going on in the devs head for the handling on that turd. What makes it suck even more is that exo tanks were sometimes required to complete a level.
I agree that it is weird to control, and I can RUN faster than it with certain claws I think baha. But the trade off is that it you can't be dealt damage in it at least.

As for the Slowpoke Forums thing, ok, April Fool's is over people, change it back.
I agree with this as well, I dun like it. I miss the original page, especially now that I hate Slowpoke because he posted a lame Smash Bros. announcement that was about BRAWL being released. -__- Lame..

D

Deleted member

Magnus Theme is totally better!

And playing as Magnus is way better as well. xD
I do believe you mean that the Boss Battle theme is the best track.

I agree with this as well, I dun like it. I miss the original page, especially now that I hate Slowpoke because he posted a lame Smash Bros. announcement that was about BRAWL being released. -__- Lame..
I don't know, these April Fool's announcements aren't too bad. My favorite is the one that says the SWF Forum Awards are happening again. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

It's the best track that doesn't have the title "Boss Battle 1", I'll give it that.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I still have yet to narrowly avoid 5 shots in Air Battle.

What the hell is wrong with me?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Same here. I only have 4.

They're all good to me, I do perfer the remixed tracks from the original game though. I've found all the tracks from the original except for Skyworld. :p

I really hope we get the chance to buy the OST through something like Club Nintendo like in Japan.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have Palutena's complete and only need about six more of Viridi's. I'm only about halfway done with Hades... Don't know HOW I'll ever finish that one though. x-x
Ndayday: There arent 15 enemies in the tracks there. O:
Oh. :(
I guess I was thinking of the easier one that has you do the same thing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ugg, I finally made it to the end of boss rush mode, but I died at the last second on the Great Sacred Treasure. This is the frustration of any boss rush mode. :p

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The Great Sacred Treasure is oddly easy, though I remember one time I was fighting him he did his giant blast move and I was standing on the edge and to get out of it I had to get to the other side. Pretty much no way I could have gotten out of it unless I was using good claws.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
TGST is easy overall. Just not when you only have a small bit of health left...

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I still have yet to narrowly avoid 5 shots in Air Battle.

What the hell is wrong with me?
You have to be in a glide and use a dash to narrowly avoid them. It wont work if you're not gliding. D: So I fail at it, because I'm ALWAYS shooting in Air Battles. x)
Also, anyone else notice that if you quickly circle the circle pad in air battles, you'll do a spin that deflects shots?

iLink

Smash Champion
I just found out the Phosphera bow has the most ridiculous homing on the charge shot, I'm pretty sure it'll do a sharp 90 degree turn just to hit someone. I know what I'm aiming for next.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I never stop shooting either, sometimes I forget to stop even when there is a break in the monsters. xD It would be sad to feather the one that asks you to do it like 50 times... I DON'T WANNA DO IT!

Didn't know that either, thanks for the tip. Also, clubs do that as well when they sway like they do.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I never stop shooting either, sometimes I forget to stop even when there is a break in the monsters. xD It would be sad to feather the one that asks you to do it like 50 times... I DON'T WANNA DO IT!

Didn't know that either, thanks for the tip. Also, clubs do that as well when they sway like they do.
I'm almost at 50.. But in high intensities, I die if I stop firing, and at low instensities I'm never fired at... thats really a bad system for dodging xD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just found out the Phosphera bow has the most ridiculous homing on the charge shot, I'm pretty sure it'll do a sharp 90 degree turn just to hit someone. I know what I'm aiming for next.
That's why I use it all the time. :cool:

I even got a 300 value one with a bunch of speed mods.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The Phosphora bow is pretty awesome, though right now I'm using an Aurum Bow. The homing on the charge is just as good, though I think the arc it makes is a little different. It's also a little bit slower. However the reason I'm using it over the Phosphora Bow right now is because the uncharged shots also have pretty good homing, while the Phosphora Bow doesn't have any, and my aim is pretty terrible when I'm under pressure.

@Munchy - The dialogue is a pretty big part of the game for me. I probably wouldn't like this game nearly as much as I do if the dialogue wasn't there. My favorite scene is when Pit starts talking to himself in chapter 23.

Top Bottom