• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
By the way... this is something that helped me. I'm hoping it'll help somebody else, too...

I changed the controls so that Up on the D-pad was use power, and left/right were select power.. Then, I only equip 4 or 5 (when do you need more than that?) and select the most used one at the start of the game.

Then it's just a matter of remembering what power you're on, or quickly looking down when you have cover... instead of trying to hit the power button on the touch screen.

It definitely opened me up to being able to combo into black hole/meteor shower, etc.
I have been doing that from the very beginning. In fact, I didn't realize you could use powers from the touch screen until a week later. But instead of the D-Pad, I use the Y and A to select powers, B to use powers, and X to go to 1st person view. (I use the Circle Pad Pro, which is why ABXY are used to scroll through my powers.)

As for the eggplant vs. tempura debate, I would choose tempura, as fried shrimp is tasty. =)

Tempura is a power? How to you get it then?
Pretty sure you have to get turned into a Tempura 5 times to unlock it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
By the way... this is something that helped me. I'm hoping it'll help somebody else, too...

I changed the controls so that Up on the D-pad was use power, and left/right were select power.. Then, I only equip 4 or 5 (when do you need more than that?) and select the most used one at the start of the game.

Then it's just a matter of remembering what power you're on, or quickly looking down when you have cover... instead of trying to hit the power button on the touch screen.

It definitely opened me up to being able to combo into black hole/meteor shower, etc.
Up on the D-Pad? That makes me wish I messed with the controls sooner. :laugh:

Also I choose Eggplant for nostalgia. :cool:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Always mess with the options on every video game you get and play.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
No you can't rearrange the order of your powers. One of the few nitpicks I have with this game.

My favorite powers would be Transparency and Megalaser. Both can be used pretty much whenever without to much consequence. Also Megalaser goes through walls and all the way across the stage which is great.
I haven't found Transperency all that useful. As long as you're paying attention, it's easy to spot a transparent enemy since
1. Your reticle still gets closer when you aim at them and they're close
2. You reticle changes to Melee when they get close enough
3. Homing attacks still home in on transparent opponents
4. It's not to hard to get a lucky shot and find them

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I haven't found Transperency all that useful. As long as you're paying attention, it's easy to spot a transparent enemy since
1. Your reticle still gets closer when you aim at them and they're close
2. You reticle changes to Melee when they get close enough
3. Homing attacks still home in on transparent opponents
4. It's not to hard to get a lucky shot and find them
Agreed. I prefer Playing Dead. xD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I accidently used Trade Off while I was an angel. The results were not good... "derp"

I also ran into a guy who used Land Mines next to jump pads in order to camp, while using Ship Shot to snipe people off at a distance.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Not a bad idea. Do you mean he placed them next to the jump pad itself or where you land afterward, because the second idea seems like you'd get more guaranteed hits.

Also not a fan of Playing Dead. It's one of those powers I forget I have and if you move around the effect doesn't last as long.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Not a bad idea. Do you mean he placed them next to the jump pad itself or where you land afterward, because the second idea seems like you'd get more guaranteed hits.

Also not a fan of Playing Dead. It's one of those powers I forget I have and if you move around the effect doesn't last as long.
Its good for escaping. Especially if you're an angel and you're taking a lot of hits haha

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The land mine thing is hilarious, I do it too, minus the slip shot.

Most people chase you and don't realize you dropped one there, and it's basically guaranteed to hit someone. Also, dropping them in doorways and baiting someone by "running" away. I usually follow that with Black Hole.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always called it "Those generic enemies I use to harvest hearts in Kid Icarus 2"

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I call it "snake."

But yeah finally some nice art is coming out. So that's nice.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I call it by name. o-o Like Pluton, Jitterthug, Komayto, Bumpety Bomb, etc xD
-studies Idols waaaay too much-
Reading the Idol for the Fairy Orbitars makes me think their colors are a reference to Tatl and Tael from LoZ: Majora's Mask ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just beat my first chapter on 9.0.

So satisfying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which reminds me, They should release Kid Icarus 2 on VC or whatever it's called. I'm pretty sure I lost my original game cartridge

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Alright guys check this out
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AipeBcI1_9cPdGZKU3JzUW1aeUo4Nnd0N05XOVdYaEE

After seeing the collaborative Treasure Hunt google doc, I wanted to make one that has all the base stats of all the weapons on the ground. This way people can download/view it to find out weapon stats (duh) and people could use it for faqs and stuff. All the weapon stats are of weapons with 0 stars and no modifiers that affect range or damage output. Anyone can edit this as long as you have the link. It would be awesome if you guys could contribute a bit. I'm gonna post this on Gfaqs later as well. I already formated it so that it's hopefully easy to understand.

I just beat my first chapter on 9.0.

So satisfying.
I know that feel.
\Hey, how do I put Skype and Yahoo icons under my pic on this site? O:
Add contact information to your profile to make the icons appear.
Its good for escaping. Especially if you're an angel and you're taking a lot of hits haha
Even so, the effect doesn't last to long if you move. And like I said it's one of those powers I just forget I have on. It's just not for me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's already out in Europe on the VC. And the Japanese got it as a reverse import.

So it's only a matter of time before we get it.

Life

Smash Hero
Ran into another Daedalus online. Mostly plays claw/blade, but does have a staff (albeit not nearly as good as one of mine :swagger: )

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright guys check this out
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AipeBcI1_9cPdGZKU3JzUW1aeUo4Nnd0N05XOVdYaEE

After seeing the collaborative Treasure Hunt google doc, I wanted to make one that has all the base stats of all the weapons on the ground. This way people can download/view it to find out weapon stats (duh) and people could use it for faqs and stuff. All the weapon stats are of weapons with 0 stars and no modifiers that affect range or damage output. Anyone can edit this as long as you have the link. It would be awesome if you guys could contribute a bit.
this is a good idea. I was already thinking of doing a range chart of all my weapons, as that is pretty easy to measure. (range is listed in training and isn't affected by stars..only modifiers)

I do think that we should make the range a separate table from the damage, though.

As for damage, that will be trickier to get all the weapons without star bonuses. And range affects damage quite a bit.
Does anybody know how the stars work? Is it a linear improvement per star, or more complicated than that? Does the star improvement vary for each weapon in a category?
For instance, would it ever be possible for a weapon to be weaker than another weapon with both weapons at 0 stars but stronger at 5 stars?

:phone:

iLink

Smash Champion
Just tried Trade Off + Pisces Heal

It's pretty nasty, wiped out the entire enemy team at the start of the round basically. Worth not being able to do it again if you have a good weapon to back you up with the lack of powers.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
this is a good idea. I was already thinking of doing a range chart of all my weapons, as that is pretty easy to measure. (range is listed in training and isn't affected by stars..only modifiers)

I do think that we should make the range a separate table from the damage, though.

As for damage, that will be trickier to get all the weapons without star bonuses. And range affects damage quite a bit.
Does anybody know how the stars work? Is it a linear improvement per star, or more complicated than that? Does the star improvement vary for each weapon in a category?
For instance, would it ever be possible for a weapon to be weaker than another weapon with both weapons at 0 stars but stronger at 5 stars?

I don't think there should be a separate graph for range. It would be annoying to have to look at two different graphs when comparing weapons when you can just have them on one. At least that's what I think. I could add another column next to each weapon for range and make the easier to see.

As for the stars. I have no idea. I think the damage bonus might be different for each weapon, but I'm not sure.

To get weapons without star bonuses, I've been visiting the shop every time I clear a chapter. There is normally a really weak weapon being sold. So I just buy those.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I don't think there should be a separate graph for range. It would be annoying to have to look at two different graphs when comparing weapons when you can just have them on one. At least that's what I think. I could add another column next to each weapon for range and make the easier to see.

As for the stars. I have no idea. I think the damage bonus might be different for each weapon, but I'm not sure.

To get weapons without star bonuses, I've been visiting the shop every time I clear a chapter. There is normally a really weak weapon being sold. So I just buy those.
Ok that makes sense. Just think there should be dedicated columns at least for the range. If you can set that up in the table, I'll fill in the ones I have.

I'm also going to try to do a star study at some point to see if the bonus differs per star or per weapon. From what I've seen, melee stars seem to have a much larger effect for melee than range.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Ok that makes sense. Just think there should be dedicated columns at least for the range. If you can set that up in the table, I'll fill in the ones I have.

I'm also going to try to do a star study at some point to see if the bonus differs per star or per weapon. From what I've seen, melee stars seem to have a much larger effect for melee than range.

Alrighty. I started reformating and I'll finish it later today.

Life

Smash Hero
So I might start using Warp. Claw user in the face? LOLnope I'm over here. And from their perspective, it looks like Transparency, so they'll be flailing about for a bit while I'm taking more potshots at them. The only downside is the random spawn location, so sometimes it doesn't help much, but hey. I only get killed like once a battle, tops.

And for those who don't know this yet, Playing Dead lasts MUCH longer if you don't move. So you can chill out and throw some charged shots around and nobody can touch you.

Played around with the Autoreticule-Slipshot-Energy Charge-Quick Charge combo for a little this morning but I felt kind of helpless once the powers ran out.

I'm also considering swapping out Bumblebee. I like it, but I might be better served by something that helps me deal more damage. Counter is much more efficient with my grid space, too.

Also, does anyone know the mechanical difference between Freeze and Petrify?

iLink

Smash Champion
Petrify lasts longer but you do less damage to the opponent compared to freeze.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
To get Warp do I have to play the multiplayer? I know I have the power unlocked but I haven't actually found it anywhere.

Life

Smash Hero
Ah, thank you.

Also, just realized I have a ridiculous Magnus Club and never noticed. So I went into FFA and had one or two good games, but I can't seem to score hits on anyone. /badatclubs

Think I'll look into fusing a new staff. IDK.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's all about luck of the draw I guess.

I just tried out the Great Reaper Palm. It's not very good IMO, but it's pretty cool as for the charge shot it summons a Reapette to attack with pretty good homing.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I haven't really been trying to go for the challenges. I'm pretty fine with just playing multiplayer a bunch. Also, how do you unlock the Palutena Blade?

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really been trying to go for the challenges. I'm pretty fine with just playing multiplayer a bunch. Also, how do you unlock the Palutena Blade?
Clear Chapter 9 within 28 minutes
Hope that helped. ^^ Its not hard.

I finally got Amazon Pandora to use her Mirror three times... but I couldnt break any of them! They just deflected all my shots! I got as close as possible but it still deflected. How do you break them?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ box of KI says Nintendo Network, but...I see no Nintendo Network.

Top Bottom