• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Those things are present in WAAAAAY too many chests. I feel scared half of the time to open up a chest just in case one of those little *******s pops out of it. They seriously need a power decrease or something, they're too ****ing overpowered

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
But you can easily dodge them. And if you see them coming, a simple sidestep will do.

Ornes, on the other hand...
But there arent very many ornes and they arent fast, and most of them only follow a set path. In fact, I think the one in Chapter 4 is the only one that chases you. I've never been killed by an orne. >_>

Life

Smash Hero
Ornes > Mimicuties

I can take a Mimicutie in combat. Just have to dodge very, very well.

Ornes, on the other hand, are instant paranoia the moment one shows up. This game has never put me more on edge than playing Medusa's chapter without 3ST, with intensity around six or seven. Pretty sure at least one encounter is an Orne and a Tempura Wizard at the same time. And the last encounter with that thing that splits in half on a really tiny platform and there's an Orne circling it...

Still haven't died to one, but knowing you could lose such a huge chunk of progress to one misstep is scary, beyond anything Mimicutie can do.

iLink

Smash Champion
I've never had a problem with Ornes, easily the most avoidable enemy in the game.

Mimicuties on the other hand, that spinning kick they do always seems to hit me even if I sidestep it.

EDIT: I think I might have come across something with fusing. I think fusing 2 specific weapons will produce one with a high star rating. I don't remember exactly what I was looking at, but 2 weapons I was fusing both had little to no stars in melee, yet the result had 6 stars in melee. I later tried it with the same 2 weapons but different attributes and they also produced the weapon with a 6 star rating in melee.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Ornes haven't hit me yet, but they do freak me out. Just a threat of a OHKO is really scary. And on some levels more Ornes appear if you raise the intensity.

Mimicuties are ok, if not at least tedious. It's is really annoying when I dodge to early and they smash me in the face with lightning legs. But other than that they're just annoying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ornes get their own theme and stuff. And your usually warned ahead of time about them.

I did get killed by one, but only because I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize they kill you in 1 hit (And you can't kill them)

D

Deleted member

You can kill them with the Light Arrows in Chapter 9, but they're otherwise invincible.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Mimicuties are the only enemies that can kill me on Intensity 2. >_>
I dread trying Chapter 24 on Intensity 9.0.... just because of the part where you have to beat three of them. x_o

Also, Holder of the Heel has a pretty name color O:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ornes aren't too big a problem for me but I play mainly on 4-5 intensity so they're uncommon. Mimicuties are a lot more common since I use claws mainly I have to get up close. They really do need to be nerfed a bit.

:phone:

EDIT: VVV Yea lol. With fine legs and so much chest, they're the perfect creatures ;]

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Nice legs though...lol
I remember one chapter with a couple of fake chests that turned out to be bombs and I was actually relieved.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I honestly do not see what the problem with Ornes are. I've only been killed by one once and that's just because I wasn't aware that they could kill you in one hit so I just swooped in for the kill regardless

Mimecuties are 10000000x worse imo

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'd be up for that the few times I'm at home on weekends :D Already posted in the gfaqs thread.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
I would join, but my sleep schedule is so f'ed up right now I probably wouldnt feel up to it >< Its 10AM now and Im about to hit the sack >.>
I would like to battle you guys sometime though :)

EDIT: Screw it, I joined anyways. x)
Prepare to lose! >:'D

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/62461972

Just FYI. I may not be home at the time, but perhaps we could bring a couple Smashboards teams into this?

This fellow seems to be the primary videographer for KIU.
Son of a- I'm working at that time.

Anyways, Minicutes are easy to take care of. I use claws on my speed runs, and I can take them out in 1-2 melee combos. Pretty much, you get close to them, and then sprint away from them, since they'll always try kicking you. You shoot them, then get in close with some melee combat. Dodge left or right. Not that hard folks. I can take them out without taking any damage now.

As for Ornes, I died on the one in Chapter 4, since I thought I could kill them with melee for the first time I saw one. Paluena and Pit never really had any time to get to the part that they are OHKO. =P

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Son of a- I'm working at that time.

Anyways, Minicutes are easy to take care of. I use claws on my speed runs, and I can take them out in 1-2 melee combos. Pretty much, you get close to them, and then sprint away from them, since they'll always try kicking you. You shoot them, then get in close with some melee combat. Dodge left or right. Not that hard folks. I can take them out without taking any damage now.

As for Ornes, I died on the one in Chapter 4, since I thought I could kill them with melee for the first time I saw one. Paluena and Pit never really had any time to get to the part that they are OHKO. =P
I believe people against mimicuties outnumber people against ornes.
We rule. :cool:

Life

Smash Hero
I'm the same way. I play staff 95% of the time, but occasionally I whip out a Magnus Club just to surprise people. (Its melee combo is an OHKO, so I do the whole transparency/lightweight thing and try to sneak up on people. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well as advertised, or else I'm just bad.)

Also got a new Insight Staff with +2 Freezing, +1 Shot Range, and +5 Overall Defense. I'm liking this one. It has a little less power than my others though.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Mimicuties are tough until you get a strong weapon, then I just open them up, dash-backward charged shot and if its not dead just a few more shots and it is done. Ornes give me a whole lot less trouble, they just freak me out really bad. xD

As for the people finally gathering to play, I wish it was just us, but I'll post on the youtube video and try and participate regardless. I know I haven't been here a lot, for the lack of playing the game recently (been reading Hunger Games, playing LoL, and now Xenoblade Chronicles just came out and I'm going to be getting that soon XP), but I'll still attempt an appearance.

Don't think that my lack of playing will give you a chance though, Pitty-Pats.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm the same way. I play staff 95% of the time, but occasionally I whip out a Magnus Club just to surprise people. (Its melee combo is an OHKO, so I do the whole transparency/lightweight thing and try to sneak up on people. Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite as well as advertised, or else I'm just bad.)

Also got a new Insight Staff with +2 Freezing, +1 Shot Range, and +5 Overall Defense. I'm liking this one. It has a little less power than my others though.
Yea, it's nice to mix it up every now and then. Also, damn that weapon sounds annoying.

Mimicuties are tough until you get a strong weapon, then I just open them up, dash-backward charged shot and if its not dead just a few more shots and it is done. Ornes give me a whole lot less trouble, they just freak me out really bad. xD

As for the people finally gathering to play, I wish it was just us, but I'll post on the youtube video and try and participate regardless. I know I haven't been here a lot, for the lack of playing the game recently (been reading Hunger Games, playing LoL, and now Xenoblade Chronicles just came out and I'm going to be getting that soon XP), but I'll still attempt an appearance.

Don't think that my lack of playing will give you a chance though, Pitty-Pats.
Well the community night on Gfaqs is tomorrow, so we could all play tonight...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We have an SWF team? Oh oh sign me up I'm good at playing the Doom Cannon. Somehow I ended up being really good at using the cannon after random weapon fuses.

That said when does anyone here actually play? I'm tired of going like 1500 points with like 7-1 kills in a match while the rest of my teammates go 3-2 or something with only 300 points and not actually helping me survive the few times I actually have gotten stuck as the team's angel

That said why am I not allowed to keep my weapon after I turn into an angel? I swear some of the weapons I've gotten stuck with have been borderline useless or terrible to use when I could easily just stay in with my cannon playing as well as I was

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Maybe because if you actually kept your weapon you might end up being almost impossible to kill because of the buffs you get? Also I don't think the random weapons you get ever actually suck.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I can't really sign up because I don't have a youtube account either XD. But still, we should set up a SWF event ourselves sometime. It would be good to just get together online and play with you guys XD. I still need to find an effective strategy online X__X. Either I'm not that good online, or my weapon set just isn't doing it for me XD. Problem is I can't tell which is the problem X__X.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well like Relaxedexorcist said, we could play tonight. I won't be getting Xenoblade Chronicles until tomorrow and the third Hunger Games book doesn't excite me much, so I'm game for some matches.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well I can play a bit now, and if we want to gather everyone tonight we can try to get on maybe 9:00 CST. See if anyone shows up. Then tomorrow we can play with the gamefaqs/youtube people.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Jacob, I am hosting a room now, I'm guessing you can just hop in.

Life

Smash Hero
It only takes like two minutes to sign up for GameFAQs or YT. I got a new account (don't feel like reviving my old one) just for the KIU board.

And I might join you two eventually. We'll see.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I was waiting forever. D<

Haha but thanks, you too. :D I hate when you go invisible with dem Ninja Palms... I can't handle it at all.

A few more and I'm done unless more join. :p

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
If you're good at dodging and aiming, then you're solid at the game. The rest just comes from experience and how you use your abilities.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Yeah I was waiting forever. D<

Haha but thanks, you too. :D I hate when you go invisible with dem Ninja Palms... I can't handle it at all.

A few more and I'm done unless more join. :p
Blegh, my Ninja Palms weren't doing anything for me X__X. I switched to Stealth Claws and they worked better than my Ninja Palms... I really can't find something that works yet XD.

And GGs! You're really good at this game XD. Wish I was that good ^^;.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
When I switched to more of less liked weapons I started losing hard. xD I can't help but cycle through all my weapons or I get bored unless it is really intense. Too many CPUs. D:

But yeah, those two were your best by far. If I don't use my best against them I just get mowed down. Good stuff. ^^

Top Bottom