• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Pretty much anything my avatar says is da bess.

Also, "G-Fooorce in myy FAAAAAAAACCEEEE!" XD plus "I never learned how to REEEEAAAD!"

And when Palutena says, "You know I like to make stuff up?" when talking to Pit, it was so adorable. XP Then when she talks about seeing Pit's heart and he gets all nervous, hinting Pit thinks of "naughty" scenarios between her and Palutena.

There's a lot more, but sadly I can't remember them because I haven't been playing so much lately. D: Very sadly.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Agreed about the dialogue. My favorite part was the before-boss battle scene in Chapter 5.

This game is the reason that Pit is now in my top five favorite vg characters list. I didn't really have much to say about him before, except for "he looks cool."

Edit: Also loved how Hades made the goth Pit comment.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Oh my, our hero is looking a bit goth today!
Just shut up Hades.
It's hilarious how you have no sense you humor. That sour**** attitude will give you an ulcer!

I loved that as well, Fox.

Also, in Chapter 4:
Wait, if you have an all-seeing eye, why can't you see Pandora's location?
Because of my slightly botched laser eye surgery!
...You're messing with me again, aren't you?
Maybe.

Hehe. x)

Edit: I don't really like Hades.. at all. He just doesn't seem evil or threatening, he just seem like a cranky middle-aged man with bad hair. I think he's the only character I don't like. I love
Cragalanche
though. He has the BEST personality, and you should see him at parties!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well he isn't really supposed to be evil or threatening, every character was meant to be comical.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
One of my face has to be Pyron. To anybody who says they didn't like him, I'm sorry, but I CAN'T HERE YOU OVER THE AWESOME!!!

Edit: lol auto correct. Ment to say favs not face.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yes Pyrron is awesome. The first time you meet him and everything he says is gold.
I'm not even sure the hungry moths part is supposed to be funny but I like that part too.

Life

Smash Hero
If you don't like Hades' dialogue, you must not have heard the
after credits easter egg. 8-bit Pit would have never pulled it off!

Dark Pit and Hades have the best music.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is it just me, but does Pyrrhon remind you of Captain Falcon?

Pyrrhon Blaster = Falcon Punch?

ndayday

BRoomer
I was just thinking...maybe we can get in on this Light House Game Nights thing with this game.
We could all play on the shooter/free play nights (this week it's Friday and Saturday, respectfully). All the more reason to play with each other, righttttt?

That said I might not be around either of those days, haha.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm confused as to if you mean that Kid Icarus will be on this weeks game night or that it may eventually be on game night. Because if it's this week I could actually play and that would be awesome :D

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
He was speaking hypothetically in the sense that we SHOULD get that going. And despite my lack of recent playing, I would participate if it could be set up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Light house game night? That would be awesome. :D

I just unlocked the Palutena bow. It's okay overall, personally I was expecting it to have a stronger homing shot than it did. I think I'll stick to my Phosphora bow instead.

EDIT: Hmm, I just read up on a possible power combo. Using the Trade Off power combined with Pisces Heal may have some major (broken?) results.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dang. I just tried that combo.

Turns out it works all to well. I was able to kill an entire team in only a matter of seconds. :crazy:

I was able to take off 3/4 of people's HP!

iLink

Smash Champion
Remind me again what trade off does.

I also just fused a Dark Bow with 6 stars in range and homing +3. It's pretty nasty coupled with Energy charge and bumblebee. 2 good shots take out an angle.

EDIT: I just had the mind to use a reflect barrier with this. I feel kind of bad for everyone else I'm playing lol.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I believe it sacrifices all of your health except for like one, and the more sacrificed, the more power you get. Picses Heal is suppose to heal you when you take damage at this point while your attack is maxed out.

Also, I've read it can only be done once per match, so it isn't really all that broken.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's still pretty powerful if used correctly though. Not to mention your powers are sometimes refilled during matches so it can technically be done multiple times I believe.

Thankfully the Pieces Heal can be used twice, so either way you'll be able to do major damage to the other team.

I haven't tested it out too much yet though, so there is still a lot of possibilities out there. Also in case someone asks, yes you can use both powers at the same time.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
God I would lose so fast to you people xD

Whats your favorite Power- Mine is Random. I've always loved a random option; In smash, I always choose a random character in stage. In Pokemon, my favorite move is Metronome.
Its mostly good, but it can be a double-edged sword if you're winning but then suddenly explode. xD I dislike Spite.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm working on getting claws with petrify on them. That'd be pretty sweet.

Right now, all I have with petrify is a royal blade. It's only petrify +1

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
It's still pretty powerful if used correctly though. Not to mention your powers are sometimes refilled during matches so it can technically be done multiple times I believe.

Thankfully the Pieces Heal can be used twice, so either way you'll be able to do major damage to the other team.

I haven't tested it out too much yet though, so there is still a lot of possibilities out there. Also in case someone asks, yes you can use both powers at the same time.
I was testing this against bots last night with a Magnus Club. It can not be done multiple time because Trade-off never ever comes back. And sometimes the bots I was playing would be spread out when I used it and I would only get one kill with it. One time I got smacked in the face with a confusion and then I couldn't do anything and ended up having wasted Trade-off.

However it can still easily rip through teams if you choose to activate it at a good time. I have destroyed the entire team and then almost killed a revived player. But if the other team sees it coming, they can all just run away or gang up on you can assault you with status afflictions which apparently go through invincibility.

Alternatively you might want to save it and just try to rip through the opponents angel with it. I didn't try that though so I don't know how good that idea is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It doesn't refill? That's weird, but it does make sense.

I'm not sure if I'll be using it online all that much though, it sort of takes the fun out of it. Not to mention, I don't care for being a glass cannon.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
IDK about this but in my head, Trade-off + Transparency seems like a better idea. Transparency refills and isn't as situational as Pisces Heal. This way after you use Trade-off you have a much better resource for the rest of the fight, and you could just use both abilities at once and melee people to death before they know what happened. Also becoming the angel with no abilities and a weapon you aren't skilled in would suuuuuuck, and having Transparency would be a better fallback than Pisces Heal.

Also to reiterate I'm just theorizing right now.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Okay welp I've found moderate success with
Fairy Orbitars.

Slipshot
Energy charge
Invincibility.

although after reading everyones opinions on said items I do feel like I could be doing a lot more with something else. with that same set up.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
No, cheapest ability is the Tempura Attack. I fell victim to it once, and it SUCKS. Someone's attacks kept on turning me into a Tempura, and when you're a Tempura, you have no stamina, and no defense.

(Yes, it wasn't the item that can be thrown at you, mainly because this would always happen after someone's claw melee combo connected. Add in the fact that this happened multiple times in a short time span, as well as unlocking the challenge to unlock the Tempura Attack power [get turned into a tempura 5 times] confirmed this for me.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tempura is a power? How to you get it then?

Also seems that the US Club Nintendo is going to release some AR cards for people to spend coins on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there goes the coins I was going to use on those mario cards

iLink

Smash Champion
Didn't realize tempora was a power. I do have an eggplant power however.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Tempura any different from Eggplant power? Because I'd rather have eggplant if they are the same

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
No, cheapest ability is the Tempura Attack. I fell victim to it once, and it SUCKS. Someone's attacks kept on turning me into a Tempura, and when you're a Tempura, you have no stamina, and no defense.

(Yes, it wasn't the item that can be thrown at you, mainly because this would always happen after someone's claw melee combo connected. Add in the fact that this happened multiple times in a short time span, as well as unlocking the challenge to unlock the Tempura Attack power [get turned into a tempura 5 times] confirmed this for me.)
Is Tempura any different from Eggplant power? Because I'd rather have eggplant if they are the same
Sounds... annoying as heck. Still, it's not too much worse than a good freeze or petrify attribute, and it eats up space on the power grid.

Black hole is still my all-around favorite power... can be used to get claws away from you, corner other players, continue combos after a knockdown, etc.. I can't WAIT to get reflect shield, though...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Aside from MP and Story, what else is there to do? getting this tommorow.

ndayday

BRoomer
360 achievement type things that unlock powers, idols, music (like in Brawl and Kirby Air Ride), fusing weapons, getting Idols, and playing on higher difficulties.

Also offering to the goddess :p

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
360 achievement type things that unlock powers, idols, music (like in Brawl and Kirby Air Ride), fusing weapons, getting Idols, and playing on higher difficulties.

Also offering to the goddess :p
As well as humorous dialogue, two different types of battles per level, dozens of unique and customizable weapons, and just.. highly addictive gameplay xD

Also nine different weapon types: Staffs, Claws, Arms, Palms, Cannons, Bows, Clubs, Orbitars, and Blades. They can all be used for long-distance or melee attacks. :)

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
By the way... this is something that helped me. I'm hoping it'll help somebody else, too...

I changed the controls so that Up on the D-pad was use power, and left/right were select power.. Then, I only equip 4 or 5 (when do you need more than that?) and select the most used one at the start of the game.

Then it's just a matter of remembering what power you're on, or quickly looking down when you have cover... instead of trying to hit the power button on the touch screen.

It definitely opened me up to being able to combo into black hole/meteor shower, etc.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
By the way... this is something that helped me. I'm hoping it'll help somebody else, too...

I changed the controls so that Up on the D-pad was use power, and left/right were select power.. Then, I only equip 4 or 5 (when do you need more than that?) and select the most used one at the start of the game.

Then it's just a matter of remembering what power you're on, or quickly looking down when you have cover... instead of trying to hit the power button on the touch screen.

It definitely opened me up to being able to combo into black hole/meteor shower, etc.
Eh, I dont use the touch screen for powers anyways. Down on the +Pad is the deafult for using a power, and that works for me. x) Oh, is there a way to rearrange the order of your powers when you set them?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
No you can't rearrange the order of your powers. One of the few nitpicks I have with this game.

My favorite powers would be Transparency and Megalaser. Both can be used pretty much whenever without to much consequence. Also Megalaser goes through walls and all the way across the stage which is great.

Top Bottom