• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

iLink

Smash Champion
So I'm going to post all the weapons I've been cycling between

Flintlock Staff

Ranged: 5 stars
Melee: 0 stars

Overall defense +1
Shaking +2
Shot Range +2
Speed + 2
Side-dash cont. fire +4

Value: 277

My typical sniping weapon. Used this pretty often until I got this next weapon.

============================================================
Darkness Bow

Ranged: 6 Stars
Melee: 2 Stars

Shot homing +3
Backward-dash ch. shot +1

Value: 261

I love using this thing. Hits hard and works just as good for sniping, and the melee damage on it is more then respectable. Been using it with Energy Charge for this OHKO.
===========================================================

Phosphora Bow

Ranged: 5 stars

Freezing +2
Evasion + 1

Value: 226

This is my support weapon. Probably the best homing weapon in the game and coupled with its speed, it will hit more often then miss. Doesn't do too much damage but it keeps pestering the team by consistently hitting them.
==============================================================

Halo Club

Ranged: 6 stars

Freezing +1
Shot homing +2
Speed +3
Backward-dash ch. shot +2

Value: 288

Another sort of sniping weapon I got, but with a giant hitbox and really good defensive back-dash charge shot that can KO anyone that runs into it.
==========================================================

Crusader Blade

Ranged: 4 stars
Melee: 2 stars

Overall defense +1
Backward-dash ch. shot +2
Bkwd-dash cont fire +1
In-peril autododge +2

Value 247

Haven't used this too much but its pretty solid all around. Just use it when I'm bored of everything else.
=======================================================

Raptor Claws

Ranged: 0 stars
Melee: 6 stars

Poison +1
Running speed + 1
Stamina +2
Evasion +1
Melee combo +2
In-Peril autododge +1

Value: 232

1 melee combo = KO. These things are pretty nasty and the extra stamina lets me run from one corner of the map to the other. The low value also makes it amazing for LvD.
===================================================

Great Reaper Palm

Ranged: 4 stars

Overall defense +2
Statues resistance +2
Confusion +2
Shot Range +2
Running speed +4

Value:274

My other sort of support weapon. I love the homing on these and they do pretty respectable damage on their own.

Also can you guys recommend a good Arm? I know little to nothing about them.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
For Arms, I ussually prefer the End-All-Arm. Just good all around, plus it's got an amazing side-dash attack that's fun to spam. Don't forget that awesome evil laugh you get every time you shoot a charge shot. ;)

Life

Smash Hero
Before I got into Staves, I used an End-all Arm with a defense penalty. It taught me how to get behind people and take them out without being seen.

Also, going online in a few.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That's pretty much the best arm to my limited knowledge, Kraken Arm is pretty good as well though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Before I got into Staves, I used an End-all Arm with a defense penalty. It taught me how to get behind people and take them out without being seen.

Also, going online in a few.
Mind if I join you?

On the subject of arms. I been forced to use the electroshock arm. I kinda like it.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So I was just playing this dude with a Viridi Palm. It had homing +2 and freeze +4. Viridi Palm charge shots are multi-hit. Things didn't go well X_x

He was also moving very fast. Hard to get a good lock-on him. It could have been lag but I like to think it wasn't

HMD

Smash Journeyman
... Haven't been on the boards in awhile... Add me 2964-9524-8890!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
HMD I'll add ya. FC: 4167 4486 3541

Also I got a room up right now for anyone who wants to join.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I haven't really settled on an arm that I really like. I thought that would be the electroshock, but the movement speed made it crazy hard to get close enough to be effective. Drill is a bit better but still pretty meh.
I want to give the end all another try with a better value. If that doesn't work, I may put arms on the shelf for now.

:phone:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Alrighhhht. 5 people. Come on guys we just need one more for a full room :D

edit: wait nevermind

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Well..we did have a full house. And yes, my bow is amazing. I also die a lot.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Trying out new weapons going to see what else I can fuse. anyone have tips for intensity 9.0

Life

Smash Hero
9.0 intensity: Clubs help massively with the air segment--but if you aren't good with them the ground segments will give you trouble.

Life

Smash Hero
GGs all. I have a long day of gaming ahead of me tomorrow.

So do we have a Team Smashboards for tomorrow night? Actually, there's enough for two.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I am definitley up for team smashboards. I'll try to make a lower value weapon to make up for all my deaths x_x

Life

Smash Hero
Don't concern yourself overly much. I was focus-firing you after all :troll: Just gotta learn to stop shooting for a moment to dodge. Once I got the rhythm of your charged shots down it was fairly easy to know when I was safe to shoot.

Also, that's the most damage I've taken from Mega Lasers for a long time. Wifi noobs don't know how to use it effectively I guess.

When I get to Smashtastrophe tomorrow maybe I can get a couple of them in on it--as there'll be a handful playing KI there as well.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I arrived a little bit too late it seems. D: When I got there people slowly started leaving until there was only three and I got disinterested myself.

I also just found out playing anywhere but in my usual spot is very uncomfortable, right now my dad is in control of my typical Kid Icarus spot on the right arm of the couch. It was hard to play. XP

We need to try and maintain that large group of players, the first match with five was a lot of fun. :D

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am well aware of this.

waitwut D:
/creepedonface

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
YOU BETTER BE TALKING BOUT MY KI SKILLS! D:<
/awkwardjustawkwardface

Though in some of those matches I got my *** beat, not sure by who.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
That was a lot of fun. Thanks guys. Let's do impromptu games more often.

I was pretty happy about the weapon variety... Crusader blade is fun.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh hell naw I live in dem homophobic parts of Alabama y'know! DX And I thought you played a bit with us? D: Must've missed ya.

Thanks for playing Fenrir. :D Hopefully catch you tomorrow when we all get on for the Gamefaqs thing. Now for some Xenoblade. ^_^

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Don't concern yourself overly much. I was focus-firing you after all :troll: Just gotta learn to stop shooting for a moment to dodge. Once I got the rhythm of your charged shots down it was fairly easy to know when I was safe to shoot.

Also, that's the most damage I've taken from Mega Lasers for a long time. Wifi noobs don't know how to use it effectively I guess.
But shootings the best part D: Though I probably should focus on dodging more. Or at least walking so while I shoot so I can dodge.

Megalaser is pretty great. You can use it to block passage ways and hide your attacks. It's also great for securing a kill.

I like my orbitars side-dash continuous fire. Does a lot of damage and makes it easy to avoid attacks xD
Bad homing though. Relaxed's bow's homing was epic-- DEATH IS IMMINENT. xD
The homing is one of the main reasons I use it x) My aim is pretty terrible for the most part, so I need a weapon that either has a giant projectile or great homing. I saw your orbitars though. 6 stars in both stats O_O That's crazy.

This needs to happen more often.

Munchystamp

Smash Apprentice
Oh hell naw I live in dem homophobic parts of Alabama y'know! DX And I thought you were played a bit with us? D: Must've missed ya.

Thanks for playing Fenrir. :D Hopefully catch you tomorrow when we all get on for the Gamefaqs thing. Now for some Xenoblade. ^_^
Pfff thats me O:< Identity thief... theif....
You identity Sheik! D<

I dont think I saw you. Whats your name on it? :urg:

The homing is one of the main reasons I use it x) My aim is pretty terrible for the most part, so I need a weapon that either has a giant projectile or great homing. I saw your orbitars though. 6 stars in both stats O_O That's crazy.
Uh.. I believe its 5 stars in both stats :3
I only used a twinbellows cannon I got at the beginning of the game until I accidentally fused those; Tried 'em out, and fell in love. xD

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Pfff thats me O:< Identity thief... theif....
You identity Sheik! D<

I dont think I saw you. Whats your name on it? :urg:
Munchy = Riley, and Holder = Jacob, if I remember correctly... Pretty sure you were both in the 5 person match.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ohhhh okay yep we did play. Although, I don't recall what anyone did specifically because it was too hectic and I enter like a daze when I play. XD

6 and 6 Orbiters? Jelly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I keep running into someone with streetpass that is putting progressively WEAKER weapons up for trade.

It pisses me off for some reason whenever I see him

Especially since my weapon up for trade is probably my best

Top Bottom