• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

D

Deleted member

I've beaten the first five chapters. The ground controls are still hard to get used to, but otherwise I can't complain. The game is a blast.

I've tried the online multiplayer free-for-all. The online in this game actually does work. Congratulations, Sakurai.

Also, I just now realized that Uprising is a pun.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm loving Uprising! The ground controls can be a pain in the arse, but it didn't take me too long to get used to them.

D

Deleted member

I'm not the only one who's getting some serious Custom Robo vibes from this game, right? I mean, it's not like both are Japanese third-person shooters with a variety of weapons to choose, an emphasis on dashing to dodge enemy fire, and multiplayer, right?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I love this game if I could give it a score it'd be 9/10 because of how amazing it is

3DC KI is balls hard though I can't beat the first level

And what's a good weapon anyways? I'm just using some Beam Claws I fused together out of some scrap weaponry I had, but everyone still outclasses me online

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haven't played online yet, been rushing through the story, and I'm surprised that it is longer than I anticipated. There is no end in sight at the moment.

Haven't fused anything yet either, I've been hoarding my items. As a result I struggle around 5.0 because my weapons are a bit lacking. I think I've even only bought one item with hearts that was cheap.

S

smash brawl player 99021

first thing i did was change my controls to circle pad > ABXY > R

also, is there a metroid, or am i just mistaken?

D

Deleted member

Are you insane? That's not a Metroid, that's a Kometo! It's a completely different thing, since it's a completely different universe and all!

Translation: Yes.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So far I'd give this a 9/10, and I haven't even played the online yet. lol

As a sequel though, I would like to see the series go back to platforming.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Loving this game's mixture of witty dialogue and awesome gameplay. I haven't played anything multiplayer yet, but if I may, I'll post my FC in hopes that someone is interested.

1633-4293-6025

D

Deleted member

I've noticed that the weapons' stats seem to vary even between weapons of the same kind. For instance, I have a Royal Blade, but I've seen another Royal Blade with a different set of stats in the in-game store.

2836-0218-1041

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've noticed that the weapons' stats seem to vary even between weapons of the same kind. For instance, I have a Royal Blade, but I've seen another Royal Blade with a different set of stats in the in-game store.

2836-0218-1041
Yeah, the goal is to fuse weapons to find the best abilities for the weapon you want

It's reminds me of pokemon breeding

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
4554-0155-5885 is my friend code

I gots my most powerful weapon as a gem. Though I haven't collected anything that great so far

Edit: I think that's only a street pass thing actually

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll join up anytime someone wants to get a game going.

1719-3728-6991

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My FC is 4682-9199-3894

If anyone wants to play, I'm up for most of the time I love this online mode thing

Also, Beam Claws or Stealth Claws? I can't decide which is better

Oh yeah, I just remembered I'm the OP. I'll edit it in a while when I get my hands on a computer I guess

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm currently using fairy orbitars. They're nice, but the weapon I want is a Flintlock Staff with some nice abilities.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Jesus Christ man, this game is so. damn. long.

It's been years since I've played a game with as much single player story driven content like this it's not even funny. I swear that after
Medusa's defeat, that the game would be over, and again after the defeat of those robot things that the human torch god possessed to control, but now I'm on level 21, and I swear there's probably like 5 more levels after this or something seriously

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
There are those many ****ing levels like seriously?

I'm only on 11. I thought I was close...

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I know. I thought Madasu was it...
and then I met Hades...

Btw, my FC is 0001-3310-1326

Edit: Oops, sorry about the spoiler.

D

Deleted member

Spoilers, Pippy.

But yeah, I've heard there's
chapters.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
There are those many ****ing levels like seriously?

I'm only on 11. I thought I was close...
I swear I was about complain about the story length after level 10, but holy **** so many levels

And half of those are long as balls too. Just wait till you go to level
. You'll never be there yet :smirk:

Also, Metroid

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Hey guys, have any of you figured out what the "Offering" thing in the vault does? I seriously doubt that it actually does nothing.

Also I'm adding everyone here.

FC: 4167 - 4486 - 3541

Hopefully I can get the school wifi to stop acting up...

Also, Beam Claws or Stealth Claws? I can't decide which is better
You could just use both. I have a wifi set up for both of those weapons, though for now I prefer Stealth Claws. I like to pair it with invisibility powers. :)

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ah man this game has been an absolute BLAST to play so far.
Ground controls felt weird, but as soon as I adjusted the sensitivity to my liking for the ground levels they felt quite natural and they played well.

Only done the first seven chapters because I had to work all day yesterday and today. So far though I have nothing but good things to say about the story and gameplay (once I changed up the camera controls). I'm very surprised about how often I'm actually laughing out loud from the dialogue. It's genuinely witty and funny.

I haven't fully figured out the weapon system yet. Are there advantages/disadvantages between the types, and what does fusing really do for me?
Very excited to hear that the story is actually a long one, and going to look forward to the online as well; Nintendo has pretty much always done a good job with the first party online play with the handheld titles.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Different types of weapons of the same class do have different strengths and weaknesses. Just read the idols you get for each weapon, and they'll tell you.

Also, here is my FC: 1590-5236-9299

One last thing, I'm pretty sure that offering to Palutena makes things in the shop cheaper to buy. Plus, she'll give you sales more frequently.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So you give hearts in order to get sales in order to buy weapons with hearts? Sounds like it doesn't save you all that many hearts in the end.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I dunno, its just a theory at this point.

Also, the AR cards suck. That 3DS camera cannot pick up anything to save it.

EDIT: Getting used to multiplayer now. Blades and claws seem to be my best bet. Especially claws.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I finally was able to beat it, phew. Took FOREVER! Though, I am really happy it did. The story was great, it never dragged on, it did a good job for the most part with adding some mixes to the game (except the
Chaos part, nothing too new came out of it, but the last scene there was great :D
). Sadly now I am just going to have to go through it again possibly for more hearts and unlock achievements. I think I can now since after I beat the game, I for the first time seriously started fusing and got a Cragalaunch thing or whatever that is six stars in ranged so I'm ready to destroy. >:D My first online battle was used with it and I got the most kills and ended the enemies angel with it, I just did so much damage!

Also...

Hades4Brawl (May it be known I was the first to say it)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Royal blade has been my favorite blade so far, but than again I've just used the first blade and the royal blade. Especially since mine turns opponents to stone

I've been using Orbitars, but they aren't my favorite weapon. They just happen to be my best weapon at the moment.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
I've been doing a bunch of fusions lately (the best way to get good weapons) and now I have a nice pair of Shock Orbitars, Burning Palms, and A Hawkeye Bow. I'm trying to decide which to use.

Btw, anyone else think that Cannons are broken in free for all? I mean, since there are so many targets, you just push fire and you almost always get a kill.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I love Pittoo. He's my single favoritist character in this game. He's such a bad *** and he doesn't give a **** whether or not Pit does unless he gets something in return or something.

Seriously, I hope for the next SSB they make Pittoo at the very least an alternate costume for Pit if he makes it because I love him.

Also, Hedgehog Claws are hilarious. They let me run at a super fast speed and deliver out attacks quickly like a certain other character that's been known to compete with Nintendo at one point :smirk: I just wish I could get rid of the overall defense reduction bonus though. That thing is such a bummer when I can't stay in battle for too long and die more often

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Man I love Pittoo. He's my single favoritist character in this game. He's such a bad *** and he doesn't give a **** whether or not Pit does unless he gets something in return or something.

Seriously, I hope for the next SSB they make Pittoo at the very least an alternate costume for Pit if he makes it because I love him.

Also, Hedgehog Claws are hilarious. They let me run at a super fast speed and deliver out attacks quickly like a certain other character that's been known to compete with Nintendo at one point :smirk: I just wish I could get rid of the overall defense reduction bonus though. That thing is such a bummer when I can't stay in battle for too long and die more often

Well, in Brawl you can sort of choose the Black alternate color XD. It looks JUST like Pittoo but without the Red Eyes... I think. But yeah, he's a pretty cool character XD. Basically, I love EVERY CHARACTER so far! The dialogue is so charming and witty that I've found myself laughing a bunch of times XD! All of them have gotten on my good side immediately!

Also, my FC is:

4124-4993-2554

Hope to play with you guys soon ^__^!

Also, I've found out you can play with computers if you can't find anyone to play with XD. It really reminded me of Brawl.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd love to like melee weapons, really, I fused these really powerful Pandora Claws that looked so cool and I love their back-dash attack. It's just really hard to use in the story mode in my opinion, air battles are almost entirely ranged and on land you have to get in enemies faces to take full advantage of it. Though, in PvP it might actually be good. Haven't played any more games yet.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Btw, anyone else think that Cannons are broken in free for all? I mean, since there are so many targets, you just push fire and you almost always get a kill.
Cannons are not op in multiplayer. You get in real close against them, and they're nearly useless. They lack movement speed, so Claws and Arms destroys them. Cannons are only good mid-range fighters. Maybe long range, depending on type.

I for the first time seriously started fusing and got a Cragalaunch thing or whatever that is six stars in ranged so I'm ready to destroy. >:D My first online battle was used with it and I got the most kills and ended the enemies angel with it, I just did so much damage!
Isn't that a little reckless? I mean, by the sounds of it, that cannon has a high value, so every time you were defeated, it took off a huge chunk out of the battle gauge.

I find that anything under 200 of value is pretty good for LvD. For free for all, might as well go crazy with your weapon value. However, the key to a good weapon in multiplayer is definitely the abilities of that weapon, and how they are suited for that weapon class. Weapon fusion will definitely go a long way to get that perfect weapon.

But I'm also sad that this game came out the same week as did Armored Core 5. Now I have to choose what to play.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'd love to like melee weapons, really, I fused these really powerful Pandora Claws that looked so cool and I love their back-dash attack. It's just really hard to use in the story mode in my opinion, air battles are almost entirely ranged and on land you have to get in enemies faces to take full advantage of it. Though, in PvP it might actually be good. Haven't played any more games yet.
I've seen Pandora Claws online a few times. I may just be bad at Claw vs Claw, but it was an absolute pain to deal with.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
Just beat Ch. 15, and I got to say: Aliens? Really?...

Very creative Nintendo...[/SARCASM]

D

Deleted member

I'm willing to let
the aliens
slide. This is a universe where Greek mythology-inspired gods can order pizza and look up useful information on the internet.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Beat it. Very fun game!

Best I've done on Together is 7 kills 0 deaths with a 4.5 ranged First Blade. I was just ripping the other team apart, and killed the Angel too.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You're not exactly suppose to take the game very seriously.

Also, yeah the high level cannon is reckless but I only died once and got the most kills because I did twice the amount of damage everyone else did (perhaps they were not wanting to do what you talked about). Though I'm thinking Palms don't get too high and I want a good one, but I'm having trouble fusing one that has around 4 stars.

Oh, and the Circle Pad Pro, I can't find it anywhere. D,: I definitely want it, the stylus controls are easy after a while, but you can't play in just any position, which is what I'd like to be able to do.

Top Bottom