• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Probably because people are more worried about Sakurai just getting htis game over with so he can start working on SSB4

SuperChoco

Smash Rookie
I haven't really been hyped about this game until recently with the announcement of the multiplayer. I'l definitely pick it up, once I get a 3ds.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to enjoy Kid Icarus multiplayer. Glad I preordered it!

D

Deleted member

I plan on preordering this soon, solely because of how good the multiplayer is looking.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I pre-ordered this last month when I picked up Snake Eater 3DS. Just because I wanted the 3D Classics game that came with it. Man, so much hype for this game, one of the reasons why I even bought a 3DS.

Just two more weeks . . .

As for Pit's voice, it never even bothered me at all. Plus I like some of the silly catchphrases he says. Adds a bit of humor and charm to the game.

"Calamari-ed!" Freaking genius. XD

yani

Smash Lord
I'm glad Pit shows some character, getting bored with these silent protagonists. I didn't mind his Brawl voice myself either

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I love so much of Pitt's dialog in this game

The line where he says "Bark like a dog!" to Cerberus comes to mind in specific :smirk:

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
new vids: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/gallery/index.html#/movie_index/

Ok, so this game:
-comes with a free stand, to experience 3D and hold the game better
-6 AR cards
-the Original Kid icarus if you preorder
-uses Circle Pad Pro
-gets a Launch tournament
-And will be the first Nintendo series to use Nintendo Network.

Holy crap. not even the return of the Metroid series had this much stuff, and we got 2 games on the same day!

yani

Smash Lord
Has anyone mentioned that the April Game Informer also comes with a free AR card?

D

Deleted member

Nintendo seems to be really trying to hype this game up.

I hope it doesn't bomb.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The way that this game is being hyped up, there is no way Nintendo will ever release a game demo before launch.

On another note, the Circle Pad controls were pretty much included for left handed players. So if you are not left handed, then don't bother getting it just for this game.

Finally, I am loving the dialog to the game even more and more.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmmm... Nintendo network will be on 3DS, then? Does this mean future 3DS games will have achievements?

§leepy God

Smash Master

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So is this game worth the buy? Its fun?
It's not out yet, but it looks wonderful.

-

I was watching on of the previews and it looks like all the bosses from the original return in this game.

With one "Thanatos" VASTLY changed from his original appearance.

Tempura wizard kind of is messing with Eggplant Wizard's schtick, which I found a little annoying.

The ending to the trailer had death summoning his minions along with his old school theme. More hilarious than scary for sure. But he was quite frightening in the original. A pain to kill

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I'm so excited for this game ^__^! March 23rd cannot come fast enough for me! I preordered the game too, so I could get the 3D remake of the original. I can't wait to play both! I also can't wait for the new multi-player! It looks AMAZING; it'll be a blast playing with so many people at once! 3v3 team battles and 6 people Free for All's! It's gonna be a blast ^__^! If we can, we should try and play each other once the game comes out!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I would have to say that KI has the better dialog. Star Fox's dialog is just dull.

As for the multiplayer, cannot wait for it, but I'm gonna have to wait until the weekdays to play it, because 98% chance that I'll be working that weekend. Why does the game have to come out on a freaking Friday?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I would have to say that KI has the better dialog. Star Fox's dialog is just dull.

As for the multiplayer, cannot wait for it, but I'm gonna have to wait until the weekdays to play it, because 98% chance that I'll be working that weekend. Why does the game have to come out on a freaking Friday?
Agreed; the dialogue between Palutena and Pit... There's just some sort of flare in it that's both funny and charming at the same time XD. I can't wait to hear more of it once the game comes out ^__^. Also, the second part of Thanatos Rising was funny to watch XD.
Pit: "How do you know about these things?"
Palutena: "Thanatos blogged it."
Pit: "What? The god of Death has a blog?"
So good XD.

The multiplayer looks so exciting! Can't wait to try it out once I'm more or less done with the story ^__^.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Palutena: "Do a Barrel Roll!"
Pit: "....."

Thank god there's no Slippy in this game. :awesome:

Agreed with you on Friday, I wish it came out on Sunday like the Pokemon releases.

Hopefully when the game comes out we can start a multiplayer group here on SWF as well. :cool:

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Palutena: "Do a Barrel Roll!"
Pit: "....."

Thank god there's no Slippy in this game. :awesome:

Agreed with you on Friday, I wish it came out on Sunday like the Pokemon releases.

Hopefully when the game comes out we can start a multiplayer group here on SWF as well. :cool:
A Kid Icarus Multiplayer Group would be amazing ^__^! I'll definitely join if you guys make it!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
A Kid Icarus Multiplayer Group would be amazing ^__^! I'll definitely join if you guys make it!
I 2nd this. I'll join it without a doubt. I'll only play team play, since I hate free for alls. (I prefer working as a team and facing off against fewer opponents than being the lone wolf.)

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
LOL Clans are so stupid. Never understood them, especially at how serious they took everything.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Just got done watching some videos of Kid Icarus Uprising, and I have to say, I am in love with the playful dialogue between Paletuna and Pit. xD The Medusa trailer is hilarious from start to finish haha

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Just got done watching some videos of Kid Icarus Uprising, and I have to say, I am in love with the playful dialogue between Paletuna and Pit. xD The Medusa trailer is hilarious from start to finish haha
Oh yeah, me too! The dialogue between Palutena and Pit is so entertaining to just listen to XD! I can't wait to hear more of it once the game comes out!

DTR

Smash Journeyman
item switches, 1v1s, and an fd stage were all confirmed. just thought id tell you guys

:phone:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Awesome. Just took a look at the controls, pretty disappointed that there was no mention on the website for left-handed controls with the Circle Pad Pro. After all, the circle pad has an extra button (R button with the Zr button) so I'll wonder how they'll be used. Perhaps R to melee, and Zr to shoot? Or R + Circle Pad to dash, and Zr to attack?

Anyways, if that's how the controls CAN be, I'll love it, as it'll give me an added layer of control over Pit's movements.

Also, I'll be wondering how the Nintendo Network is going to be used for in this game, and when we'll get use of it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IGN gave it an 8.5

Guess Nintendo refused to bribe them on this one

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Or IGN refused to **** ride Nintendo lol. Destructoid gave it a 5/10. And yeah, Famitsu gave it a perfect score, which imo is a bit bogus if every other reviewer is complaining about the controls. Then again, I've lost faith in Famitsu ever since they gave Nintendogs a 40, and then recently 13-2 a 40. Must be a culture thing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wouldn't trust any review that comes from a company that makes money off of it without a grain of salt.

Either way I've been waiting for a sequel for way too long now, not to mention I've already pre-ordered it, so good or not I'm buying it.

Pippy

Smash Apprentice
So hyped for this, can't wait till it comes out! I just hope the controls aren't too bad.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I like at how reviewers are complaining about the controls - its not like Nintendo hasn't done something similar to it before though: Metroid Prime Hunters.

The controls worked flawlessly in that game, despite the learning curve required to be able to effectively control Samus. If anything, only be concerned about holding the 3DS comfortably with one hand for extended periods of time.

I can do it no problem, as I still play EBA, TWEWY, and MPH still to this day on my 3DS, but I am concerned that the Circle Pad Pro may be too big for just one hand.

Also, why does this game comes out on a freaking Friday?!

D

Deleted member

Destructoid gave it a 5/10.
It's Jim Sterling, who I hear is a rather controversial figure.

Now Famitsu on the other hand, yeah, they've been giving out perfect scores far more often in the past seven years than before, so something might be up.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I hear this Jim Sterling is an interesting character. He gave MK7 a poor score, but Return to Dreamland a 10/10 lol.

Top Bottom