• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Japan...? You serious? o_o;;;

I am 100% cereal. I have never been so cereal in my lifetime as a 15 year old brawler that is totally cereal :lick:.

Brawl came out in Japan first, didn't it? More time for them to practice their skills :lick:.

I've brawled with people here that are fantastic, but as for the players in Japan, they're amazing. I know it's somewhat of a stereotype that Japan has the best players in the world, but it's true for me!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Japan's metagame is very far behind ours. -_- And the game wasn't out for that much longer there. Just because a game has been somewhere longer, that doesn't make the players any better.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Japan's metagame is very far behind ours. -_- And the game wasn't out for that much longer there. Just because a game has been somewhere longer, that doesn't make the players any better.
I wouldn't say that 100% yet. I see their Pit being played much better than the US Pit mains currently, but that's just my option.

i lol at wifi
Lagfi >>>> Lag TV from what I played today.

I think me and smash64 might be related. We both use Ness a lot, and we both know someone that uses Kirby that's in a group. :p
Except that their group isn't an underground one, and your skills being 10x better than mines. ._.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'd say Japan has better Foxes, Pikachus and Pits on the whole as far as I have seen (a more developed and experienced meta-game on the whole in regards to those characters) but thats about it. North America seems to hold everything else save for maybe characters like Sheik who have solid player representation but no true stand-out tournament wise.

I know so little of the European meta-game that it makes me sad. :crying:

On a side note, I just played on one of the newer LCD tvs with a "gamer" mode and I must say... I can't detect any true lag. It makes me excited, because the technology has finally caught up to the quality (though it never will fully because its only emulation rather than true color and light) of tube tvs. Now they just need to realize that they have just gotten enough information space on Blue-rays to make an audio disc of high enough quality to listen to. :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh my god it's like an annoying Midwest invasion.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh my god it's like an annoying Midwest invasion.
More like Ohio apocalypse from what I see right now. =P

Anyways, my life sucks currently. 9+ months without a job and I went to a local tourney that has a very crappy tourney set and rules, and the prize was very crappy. I'm mad. )=<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yes. I live in Illinois, but still. ****. >_>

C~Dog

Smash Champion
100+ people turned up for Rocky, the biggest tourney in OZ smash history.

I placed 7th out of 38 teams, with my G&W partner. Japes is a godly CP hahaha

And I made it out of pools with 2nd seed (with 2 per pool), placing 17th out of ~87 singles entrants. I used all Kirby =D Got eliminated by a Wario and G&W who i get beaten by at every Vic tourney xD

I will do better next time ;3

smash64

Smash Champion
I think me and smash64 might be related. We both use Ness a lot, and we both know someone that uses Kirby that's in a group. :p
hehe could be true lol,

aside note to the rest of the ppl here

dont be hatin on Ohio or Midwest or more importantly us God Kais

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmm, I think it's hard to say right now. Only noticeable Kirby mains would be Chu, YbM, Dojo, (not really sure), currently. Missing in Action Kirby mains would be Gonzo, Asdioh, SheerMadness, and ★Viper, (that would be me of course). And the unknowns, (mention I have no idea how good they place), would be t1mmy, Kewkky, Percon, and fromundaman in my option. That's all I know that go to offline tourney's.
Lol, as flattering as that is, don't put me in the unknowns. My tourny results are atrocious.

Despite what seems to be said, OH has too many good players, and despite often getting close, I can't seem to get through them.

I am 100% cereal. I have never been so cereal in my lifetime as a 15 year old brawler that is totally cereal :lick:.

Brawl came out in Japan first, didn't it? More time for them to practice their skills :lick:.

I've brawled with people here that are fantastic, but as for the players in Japan, they're amazing. I know it's somewhat of a stereotype that Japan has the best players in the world, but it's true for me!
Heh. That's not necessarily true. We actually have a guy in OH who just came back from living in Japan for almost a year, and while he is really good, he isn't tearing everyone here apart. Don't get me wrong, he gets really good results, but it's not like he comes in consistent 1st or 2nd or something.
From what I hear, he did really good in Japanese tournies too.
US and Japan just have different playstyles from what I hear.

Except he's a pimp. Are you?

More like Ohio apocalypse from what I see right now. =P
More like... GOD KAIS!

Illinois > Ohio

:dk:
Lolwut?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
God Kais suck. They suck real bad. Pfft, all bark, no bite. I bet they're as good as Ganondorf is to the tierlist.

*baits flame, sits back with popcorn and watches the show... Hmm, goes ahead and buys some pizza while he's at it, "let's see if defend their pride, it'll kill some time"*

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
God Kais are great. . Pfft, all bark, and all bite. I bet they're as good as Metaknight and Snake is to the tierlist.

*baits flame, sits back with **** in hand and watches the show... Hmm, goes ahead and buys some gay man flowers while he's at it, "let's see me defend gay pride, since I'm a Homo who knows nothing"*
All of our results seem to do all the talking.... and I've never seen or heard about you in tournaments, nor have I seen any of your results. And besides God Kais Consist of all high ranking players who don't rely on MK to win. So watch your tongue pimpin....

Tiersie

Smash Ace
All of our results seem to do all the talking.... and I've never seen or heard about you in tournaments, nor have I seen any of your results. And besides God Kais Consist of all high ranking players who don't rely on MK to win. So watch your tongue pimpin....
My god, is it that easy to aggrevate you? He even said below his post what he was trying to do....

:urg:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To be fair, he lives in PR, so regardless of how he does, you wouldn't have heard of him.

Good ****, no confidence. )=

Oh well, at least you were honest with it.... sort of. =P
I've been told I have a good Kirby, and apparently have a similar playstyle to YbM from what I hear (only you know, his works...), but that doesn't mean **** considering how bad my tourny results are so far.
Hoping to change that soon though.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
My god, is it that easy to aggrevate you? He even said below his post what he was trying to do....

:urg:
I guess he's just easily trollable, not fun to have some fun with since he's easy to aggravate... Good thing I learned it in my internets, heads up for when I play with him (or see him play at) in Pound4.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Wait...this board is dead too D:

On an unrelated note, i wonder if any other board is as international as the kirby board...seriously, we've got the US (duh), Canada, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Australia, Smash64's location is Mexico City, Suspect's in Guam...

I bet most of you don't even know where Guam is :S
lol I don't

clowsui

Smash Legend
I guess he's just easily trollable, not fun to have some fun with since he's easy to aggravate... Good thing I learned it in my internets, heads up for when I play with him (or see him play at) in Pound4.
too bad you actually don't know anything about y.b.m., lol

if you're going to come in and play with someone, acting towards them with a first impression you got from THE INTERNET, then i don't think he should really take you seriously.

Top Bottom