• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh. I used to dabble with Lucario, but I found his laggy smashes to be a turnoff for me :ohwell:. Of course, he has good aerial game, which suprises me, of course.

I mained ZSS for a short time. Shortest character main for me...I couldn't tame her awesomeness, and I also would rather prefer pawnching an opponent anyway ^_^.
Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I mean I play AGAINST a Lucario a lot (ArgentStew, who is better than me anyway).

I did try ZSS a little bit though, but she didn't last long for me.

I used to play against a ZSS main a lot before I moved and he switched to Marth.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hi Kirbys, I'm looking to set up my game because after Chu Dat's last bi-weekly, I really need to look into finding a solid secondary. I am looking in to Kirby. So I will probably be lurking/being more active around your boards.

<3 Kirby Boards.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Hi Kirbys, I'm looking to set up my game because after Chu Dat's last bi-weekly, I really need to look into finding a solid secondary. I am looking in to Kirby. So I will probably be lurking/being more active around your boards.

<3 Kirby Boards.
Yaaaay. Now you are one of us :flame:.

I tried out Fox before, and he's alright...I've mostly edgeguard with downb, but nothing really special about him :ohwell:.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I also play Zero Suit Samus. I tried playing as her and it felt natural, though I still need to get used to glide tossing (I never used a character who could glide toss or benefit from glide tossing, so I never bothered to get it down), armor piece strategies, and downb spiking.

Edit:

<3 Kirby Boards.
I assume you are looking for a Fox secondary.

I'm not sure what Fox's bad matchups are, but if you're looking for a secondary vs S and A tier characters, Kirby probably isn't your best choice. Kirby has 1 30-70 matchup vs S and A tiers (Ice Climbers, though if it's that bad could be subject to debate), 5 40-60 matchups with people in the S and A tiers (MK, Snake, Marth, G&W, Olimar), 3 45-55 matchups (Wario, Pikachu and ROB), 1 50-50 (Diddy), 1 55-45 (Falco, though t1mmy and thrillagorilla both believe it to be 45-55...). Dedede hasn't had a recent discussion against Kirby, but it's generally agreed to be in Kirby's advantage between 50-50 and 60-40.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I watched at guy at Active Gamers sit down and for about an hour try and get the spacing perfect for the chain grab she has. It was... Interesting.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I'm only really looking to beat a Pikachu, Sheik, and a Falco.

Like I was playing with Kirby tonight and I just fail with him.

I finished the match and just stared at the characters I can choose from, and realized I seriously can't figure out who to play. Like none of the characters really appeal to be other than Fox.

It is really upsets me that I genuinely want to try to other characters, but after 2 or 3 matches I end up going back to Fox, praying I don't fight a character that can chain grab me.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Marth covers those matchups really well Never. Pika does well in those as well. I'm picking up Marth because Pika and Kirby have almost the same matchup ratios except for the matchups where Kirby gets *****.

I watched at guy at Active Gamers sit down and for about an hour try and get the spacing perfect for the chain grab she has. It was... Interesting.
Nefarious (or B as I call him) is a really dedicated ZZS main. He was the guy who played w/ Bwett on Saturday. He also knows the Kirby matchup from playing MogX and I since he is from San Diego.

BTW nice meeting you at AG. =D

ZSS has a chaingrab? o.O
It's a buffered grab release pummel kind of thing. It works on some characters.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's a buffered grab release pummel kind of thing. It works on some characters.
She also has a buffered fthrow CG on heavy characters like DDD and Snake, from 0% till like 40-50% (forgot where).

Bees!

Smash Ace
Ness is slightly hard to deal with because approaching him can be hard with his F-Air mostly blocking you, not to mention he has projectiles that are reliable than most characters so you can't play defensively much with him. Not to meinton his kil moves are deadly, you'll mostly die by his B-Throw, F-Smash, U-Air, B-Air, N-Air, sometimes Up-B will destroy you if your not too careful. Ness's cons however is when he's knocked you of the stage, you can gimp him very well before he come's back, most of his kill moves lack range except his F-Smash, which lacks speed to try to kill you if you play defensively most of the time. Most of your kill moves on his would be F-Smash, Down-B, Side-B Air, D-Air, B-Air, or Basic-B. Since Kirby and Ness is my most used character in Smash Bros I know to use them and fight them. Over all, it's even, or if your uses to playing Ness, it's slightly in Kirby's favor.

Lucario and ZSS match up I don't have much experience against, though the match up thread did get done with them both, which I was no help of.
If you don't mind me adding something I play against my friend who I would say is a very good Ness and he told me that with Ness vs Kirby if you force it to a grab game that Kirby has a superior grab game and will beat Ness most of the time. Longer reach and grab combos. I've noticed that too. Except for that baqck throw at high%.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Liking Fox is rather unfortunate, since Pika will ****-stomp you every time.

He's a decent char though.
I guess Kirby's a decent second for him, though there's probably better. That being said, he's easy to second, so you wouldn't have to use him *too* much to use him decently.

Suspect

Smash Hero
My grandma finally went to sleep so i can go now

cant let my grandma stay up later than me

cant let you do that nana

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Everytime I choose Pink Kirby on a money match of over $100 and I'm about to lose, my heart races and I end up using moves like that connect that I usually can't do? And it feels... so.... GOOD!!! X3

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I managed to pull off a super wavedash randomly in a friendly against a friend in Melee, as Samus... Seeing his random reaction was awesome, since I used it as a surprise approach and I felt awesome as well while doing it.

And Kirby vs Luigi is even, yep. Don't combo him, just hit and retreat so he doesn't hit you with his nair (combo breaker)... And always SDI down and powershield his jabs, ALWAYS!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I fight Luigi so many times I know what his next move is going to be... even when I fight someone new. I have too many friends that pick Luigi. O_o

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Don't remind me of that tourney, I did awful on singles that tourney mainly because I just got done placing well on doubles. I should had just left after doubles after that lost, but I wanted to see how high Mann placed at the time. He did pretty well, much much better than I did that time. Now that I learn how to stage pick and ban better, I won't fail next one I go to.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm only really looking to beat a Pikachu, Sheik, and a Falco.

Like I was playing with Kirby tonight and I just fail with him.

I finished the match and just stared at the characters I can choose from, and realized I seriously can't figure out who to play. Like none of the characters really appeal to be other than Fox.

It is really upsets me that I genuinely want to try to other characters, but after 2 or 3 matches I end up going back to Fox, praying I don't fight a character that can chain grab me.
That's actually good to hear for me, because it shows that Kirby isn't just some skill-less character that's an easy win half the time. I mean, I pick Fox/my other secondaries sometimes, fail, and go back to Kirby and own, and I'm like "Maybe it's just because he's a bit higher tier D:"

But nope, I'm obviously just better at Kirby than my other characters :p

It'll take some practice to beat Sheik, Falco, and Pikachu with Kirby, but they are all very winnable matchups. Arguably in Kirby's favor, all of them, though some people disagree.

Everytime I choose Pink Kirby on a money match of over $100 and I'm about to lose, my heart races and I end up using moves like that connect that I usually can't do? And it feels... so.... GOOD!!! X3
wait....what? Over $100 money matches? :p

Suspect

Smash Hero
I played falco against a kirby today to see how it feels being on the other side

matchup is even lol, i kinda ***** him

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Where did you play this Kirby? Most Kirbys I play that I don't see around this forum generally kinda.. suck. :\

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Where did you play this Kirby? Most Kirbys I play that I don't see around this forum generally kinda.. suck. :\

They are all assuming that Kirby is a lightweight spammer, so they abuse that simple belief :lick:.

Since this is a discussion about Kirby, We can exchange techniques and tips to help make us extremely better than the people who don't know Kirby that well.

Also, just playing as him all the time works, too.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Oh I remember you at AG.

That ZSS was in my pools. IIRC he was practicing that buffered F-throw CG on Snake because Ally was in our pools, as well.

@the people who were at AG: I was that 14 year old crappy Kirby with the tag "table" :p

Also, why is Wario a bad matchup? Maybe it's just the Wario's I've played were crappy, but I was able to u-tilt through ALL of their aerial approaches and BAir all of their other stuff.

What can Wario do if you just sit there and u-tilt/bair his approaches?

§leepy God

Smash Master
Wario isn't the easiest character to master. I tried him and got wrecked when I used Wario in a tourney. You can ask Asdioh since he had a bad experience with Wario. ;_;

Suspect

Smash Hero
Friend of mine that lives like 10 min away

he post on the boards sometimes, he used D3, kirby and mk.

his kirby is ok, worst out of the 3 tho :\

edit: i main kirby -_-

BBQTV

Smash Master

They are all assuming that Kirby is a lightweight spammer, so they abuse that simple belief :lick:.

Since this is a discussion about Kirby, We can exchange techniques and tips to help make us extremely better than the people who don't know Kirby that well.

Also, just playing as him all the time works, too.
why would they think that what could he spam anyway besides a power from the suck ability
Wario isn't the easiest character to master. I tried him and got wrecked when I used Wario in a tourney. You can ask Asdioh since he had a bad experience with Wario. ;_;
this is true he is a little hard to use

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Grr, don't ever say that name when I'm using Kirby. I will never use Kirby vs Wario ever again, I'll use Lucas, Marth or Toon Link from now on. When I play Smash Bros, I don't feel like trying, and I always have to try when I'm fighting Wario, even a Wario that doesn't know all the tricks I still have to try because Wario doesn't die when I want him to. T_T

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
You can ask Asdioh since he had a bad experience with Wario. ;_;
If you mean what happened at the MWCC pools, I remember that match. It was like *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* "Game!"
Maybe I shoulda sat on his lap for luck, instead of sitting on the table next to him. That seems to work for Ally
<_<

I really need to get a wii and start playing Brawl again. I hate not being able to contribute to game discussions D:

§leepy God

Smash Master
this is true he is a little hard to use
Well, compare to some characters Wario isn't that hard to use. Though I still can't win with him. I feel ashamed. ):

Grr, don't ever say that name when I'm using Kirby. I will never use Kirby vs Wario ever again, I'll use Lucas, Marth or Toon Link from now on. When I play Smash Bros, I don't feel like trying, and I always have to try when I'm fighting Wario, even a Wario that doesn't know all the tricks I still have to try because Wario doesn't die when I want him to. T_T
How can I forget about you. You do have the worst experience with Wario than any other Kirby main I now. Your match was so bad you just jumped off the edge and said "**** it", I know you cold had done better than that. XD

If you mean what happened at the MWCC pools, I remember that match. It was like *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* *fsmash* "Game!"
Maybe I shoulda sat on his lap for luck, instead of sitting on the table next to him. That seems to work for Ally
<_<
How would anyone play if someone is sitting on their lap? Unless they use the Wii Mote & Nunchuk like I do. Well, at least Y.b.M use's that as well as I. :p

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
How would anyone play if someone is sitting on their lap? Unless they use the Wii Mote & Nunchuk like I do. Well, at least Y.b.M use's that as well as I. :p
It's... not that hard to do. The day before at Nope's house before draft crews, me and West were playing ffa's with this other person(forget who) and I was half sitting on West half sitting on the chair. He had no problem playing.
All you have to do is put your arms around them :3
Also if you're sitting on someone's lap it's easier to disrupt their playing by grabbing their controller from them 8D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
How can I forget about you. You do have the worst experience with Wario than any other Kirby main I now. Your match was so bad you just jumped off the edge and said "**** it", I know you cold had done better than that. XD
Yea, I've done that against three Wario mains I know, two got sad, and the other one laugh, (you already know that one). I try not to jump off the cliff, but I don't want to try very hard in a match just to make a comeback, even if money's on the line. I know bad idea, but that's just how I am.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nah, I always play competitively on all my mutiplayer games. I just give up when I have Kirby vs Wario most of the time unless it's the semi-finals or finals.

Top Bottom