• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

BBQTV

Smash Master
Hmm. People are not being nice enough to comment on his question :lick:.

Kirby generally does good on any stage with lots of platforms, and sucks on any stages that DOESN'T have any :ohwell:.

I wish I could be more specific, but I don't know everything, sorry :lick:.
its ok
Wishes that more people post at the stage thread to discuss about Kirby's good or bad stages. ._.
well this is a kirby thread i dont see a problem with discussing that here

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Wishes that more people post at the stage thread to discuss about Kirby's good or bad stages. ._.

It's not gonna always be like that, since newbies normally don't use the search option...I would know, because I never use it, I just look for it myself :lick:.

Also, this is a Kirby social thread, so there's bound to be alot of questions like this anyway :laugh:.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
But it should be moved to the Kirby stage guide. That's what its there for. If we discuss stages in here then we aren't going to have a quick reference guide for CPs or anything like that.

I keep wanting to add "e"s to the end of words that don't have them. I am confused.

BBQTV

Smash Master
But it should be moved to the Kirby stage guide. That's what its there for. If we discuss stages in here then we aren't going to have a quick reference guide for CPs or anything like that.

I keep wanting to add "e"s to the end of words that don't have them. I am confused.
its ok i like adding zam at the end of a sentence zam

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow, this thread died too? :/

let's talk about Kirby.

I went into I think the Pikachu XAT a few days ago, and a couple random people were like "hey it's Asdioh! Isn't he like top 5 Kirbys?"

And I was like o_O

And earlier today I went on Allisbrawl and had fun. I lost to a Peach with Fox, because I didn't like playing Kirby vs Peach on wifi, but Fox is worse XD

Then I played against a Marth. I normally get pissed at losing to Marths because he's freaking stupid, but the games we had were so lolzy that I just didn't care. Like, first stock of first game on Yoshi's Island, I was handing him his ***. Then he came back and spiked me with a sexy Dair to my death. I thought that was pretty cool. Then second stock I still hadn't KOed him before he gave me a bunch of damage again, so as we were both trying to recover I spiked him with a Final Cutter, bringing us both down. Then I tried to even it up by doing the Kirbycide footstool thing against Yoshi's Island's wall, but I guess I forgot (or didn't care) that Marth is one of those characters that can footstool you, so I died.

Then I counterpicked Pictochat (not sure if he banned Brinstar...Marth is bleh there anyway) and the stage + my skillz were working in my favor until last stock. Then that STUPID ****ING WIND-BLOWING FACE GUY appeared. That is THE STUPIDEST transformation on the stage. We were both at high % last stock, and I did a Final Cutter to recover (things were getting hairy, I don't remember what happened exactly but it was hectic) on the left side and kinda hit him, and he grabbed the ledge and THAT ******* WIND GUY blew me off so I fell to my death in freefall.

:|

And I also lost to some scrubbyass Meta Knight that abused MK's brokenness (and Wifinado) to victory.

:mad:

But overall it was kinda fun. I played a Samus main who was really good, we went all out on each other and it seemed like Melee speed almost. I won. :p
But it was super fun, one of the best sets I've had in a while.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Who said you lost to me?

Although next time we play you will....

3rd time is always the charm....Except against AZ *sigh* but he's a God Kai so it's cool...
That was my bad. For some reason, I thought I'd heard that you won, even though, looking back at the posts, you didn't say that you did. Not sure how I misinterpreted that. Maybe because I remembered watching that Norfair game and for some reason it registered as game 3? *shrug*

In any case, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, lulz @ title. I actually said this because lately a lot of ****'s been going down for me.

Finally, Asdioh, I know how you feel about the occasional Wifi fun sets. I just wish they happened more often. For every fun opponent I play, I face(d) 40 annoying ones, either due to Wifi, them abusing stuff that only works because it's Wifi (which is reasonable, but saps the fun for me), them being douchebags, or nasty lag. Saps the fun from it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Of course your one of the top best Kirby mains. Your awesome. <3
What about me... than again, I haven't been to any public tourney's in a while due to money issues. I should go to more tourney's around next month or so, then I can get back into playing some hot Kirby action. =3

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I agree with this...to some extent. I believe that a DEFENSIVE Marth has a solid advantage, because if you have to approach him, you'll probably get wrecked. He has tools to shut us down almost completely, it's just to hard to get inside his zoning. Aggressive Marth's (most Marth mains), I believe it's an even match-up, or SLIGHTLY in his favor. Kirby excels at punishing mistakes, and they're bound to make a mistake sometime, even with good spacing. B-air OoS ftw.
I fully agree.

Wow I need to start posting in Kirby boards more.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Went to a tourney today, came 7th out of ~22 people today, using only kirby :3

vs Marth - win
vs G&W - lose
vs Sheik/Snake - win
vs Pokemon Trainer - win
vs Wario/Bowser - win
vs Pit/MK - lose

I seriously need to work on counterpicks. I tried PS1 against g&w and didnt seem spectacular, and Japes against MK, and got zoned out of the middle and failed when approaching. >__>

And i think i found a good secondary....DK!! =3 He's like kirby, only with a big punch instead of fsmash xDDD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Character Talk #1 Mr. Game & Watch

Counter Pick Against

Jungle Japes ★★★★★

Lylat Cruise ★★★★

Pictochat ★★★★

Final Destination ★★★☆

Yoshi's Island ★★★☆
Stage Strike

Smashville ★★☆
Banned

Halberd ★

Brinstar ★

Norfair ★☆

Rainbow Cruise ★★

Character Talk #5 Meta Knight

Counter Pick Against

Pokemon Stadium ★★★★★

Lylat Cruise ★★★★

Smashville ★★★☆
Stage Strike

Battlefield ★☆
Banned

Battlefield ★☆

Halberd ★☆

Delfino Plaza ★★

Brinstar ★★

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221595

Aw come on, it's even a sticky as well. T_T

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This has to be the most meatridiest board. :urg:

Oh sigh.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've heard YI was one of G&W's better stages, due to some type of aerial cancel thing he can do on the platform (Don't know much about it, and I may be completely wrong.)

Also, I personally would strike BF against him over SV. His disjoincts are very hard to get around on that stage.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I've heard YI was one of G&W's better stages, due to some type of aerial cancel thing he can do on the platform (Don't know much about it, and I may be completely wrong.)

Also, I personally would strike BF against him over SV. His disjoincts are very hard to get around on that stage.
I would prefer BF over SV, since he can't dair us successfully, and we have 3 platforms and 2 ledges to safely land on if he juggles you.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby is pwnsome, and should be a little bit higher tier wise. That's what I think about Kirby :lick:.
I'd settle for staying in A tier, but meh... Lots of people in SWF (not the Kirby boards, but lots of misc. people who randomly say Kirby should drop to B/C) apparently forgot why he's there in the first place.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
I'd settle for staying in A tier, but meh... Lots of people in SWF (not the Kirby boards, but lots of misc. people who randomly say Kirby should drop to B/C) apparently forgot why he's there in the first place.
Of course Kirby should stay in A tier, but I can't settle for him to be at the very bottom :ohwell:. And I do know there's alot of arguement about where Kirby should be placed tier wise, but who knows? Maybe Kirby will be moved up the next time the list updates ;).

Of course, Kirby isn't S tier material. No matter how much I think he should be :mad:.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

It is, but when vs Kirby however, since sides are very close, and most of Mr. Game & Watch's kill moves are vertical not to mention he's light, that could be a problem when fighting someone that can kill good horizontally like Kirby, which is why I put that as an advantage. Battlefield he'll have a harder time comboing Kirby because he's a short character, bring someone like King Dedede or Donkey Kong and he'll be all over them because their easy to hit on Battlefield. Not to mention that we can shark him with U-Air as well. However his side of advantages would be Planking, shark with N-Air just as good as Kirby's U-Air, which means that would be an even 50/50 stage control for both of them.

I would prefer BF over SV, since he can't dair us successfully, and we have 3 platforms and 2 ledges to safely land on if he juggles you.
Well, there's that. =P

says the girl in love with chu :p
Wait, you know what meatridiest means? I'm really curious of what it means becuase it's not found on any dictionary. XD

Maybe people forgot how Kirby can perform many string's and kamikaze moves. =P

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Of course Kirby should stay in A tier, but I can't settle for him to be at the very bottom :ohwell:. And I do know there's alot of arguement about where Kirby should be placed tier wise, but who knows? Maybe Kirby will be moved up the next time the list updates ;).

Of course, Kirby isn't S tier material. No matter how much I think he should be :mad:.
Exactly how I feel! D:

I know he's not S tier material, but he's DEFINITELY better than the vast majority of the cast, even without a projectile (see MK and Marth, hehehe), and should stay up there because he's got that many pro's and very few con's... I even regularly live till 150-160% as Kirby, even against Snake, thanks to how telegraphed other characters can be when looking for the kill, whereas one of Kirby's best killers is also his spacing move (bair, which we refresh by pummeling, and since we pummel super fast and have a very good grab range...).

If he falls by the end of the year, I'm expecting him to rise back up to A tier by summer 2010.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
Exactly how I feel! D:

I know he's not S tier material, but he's DEFINITELY better than the vast majority of the cast, even without a projectile (see MK and Marth, hehehe), and should stay up there because he's got that many pro's and very few con's... I even regularly live till 150-160% as Kirby, even against Snake, thanks to how telegraphed other characters can be when looking for the kill, whereas one of Kirby's best killers is also his spacing move (bair, which we refresh by pummeling, and since we pummel super fast and have a very good grab range...).

If he falls by the end of the year, I'm expecting him to rise back up to A tier by summer 2010.

Of course, when you play against a character long enough, you know thier killing moves, and you work to avoid them, which is easy for Kirby to do. Also, Kirby is an excellent character to punish people when they use a wrong move.

Also, lets not forget that Kirby has the best B move in the entire game: Inhale. The ability to steal other character's abilities causes Kirby to have a projectile (most of the time), making him all the more deadly.

Heck, Kirby might even be S tier material if he had Snake's grenades or MK's tornado.

Also, he's a very easy character to main. Not as easy as MK, but still a very easy mainable character :).

And as far as characters Kirby is horrible against, Ice Climbers and Snake appear to be my only real weaknesses :ohwell:. Of course, I've lost to Marth and all the other characters, just not as much :lick:.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have so much Snake experience that in PR the only one that has ever beaten me in a tourney set is the one I play almost every day with...

And Kirby's easy to main... But not easy to be top-level with, I assure you! Definitely not close to being hard to main though, but hard to find the best options for all situations.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I now think the snake matchup is much harder than I did a few days ago.

Mostly because I was 3-stocked on smashville in 2 consecutive sets against different snakes on the ladder (good connections for both).
Yeesh...

Online, Skane's worse than offline. You can't react on time to his things, when offline you can keep him on his toes the whole time he's grounded (even moreso in the air).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Foolish word with a foolish meaning that only a fool can foolishly understand. O_o

C~Dog

Smash Champion
@★Viper: thank you for that list, sorry i know the thread is there and i've read it before, i just always crack under pressure and forget which ones are good D;

On the topic of snake, there are getting to be waaay more snake users in melbourne now, so i'm getting tons of practice for that matchup xD i still need to learn how to use nades better tho, at this point i just float above the ground and lob grenades at him xDD no cooking or mindgames or anything haha

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... I was thinking about how he can safely key through platforms (Stupid disjoict hitting that far below it...), as well as how easy it is for him to Nair>combo on that stage.

EDIT: Inhale is far from the best Bmove in this game...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
how does kirby fair against ness, lucario and ZSS
Ness is slightly hard to deal with because approaching him can be hard with his F-Air mostly blocking you, not to mention he has projectiles that are reliable than most characters so you can't play defensively much with him. Not to meinton his kil moves are deadly, you'll mostly die by his B-Throw, F-Smash, U-Air, B-Air, N-Air, sometimes Up-B will destroy you if your not too careful. Ness's cons however is when he's knocked you of the stage, you can gimp him very well before he come's back, most of his kill moves lack range except his F-Smash, which lacks speed to try to kill you if you play defensively most of the time. Most of your kill moves on his would be F-Smash, Down-B, Side-B Air, D-Air, B-Air, or Basic-B. Since Kirby and Ness is my most used character in Smash Bros I know to use them and fight them. Over all, it's even, or if your uses to playing Ness, it's slightly in Kirby's favor.

Lucario and ZSS match up I don't have much experience against, though the match up thread did get done with them both, which I was no help of.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Jump and press the c-stick forward
Same as how he fairs in every other match

OHHHHH, you meant 'fares'! Oh. In that case, about even against Ness and Lucario, but closer to disadvantaged against ZSS (though it's more noticeable at higher levels of play)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, weird, I play Lucario and ZSS a lot, and although I can kind of understand ZSS (It's a weird MU...), I find Lucario to be in Lucario's favor. Not hopelessly so, but still, his aura is a pain to get around.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
Heh, weird, I play Lucario and ZSS a lot, and although I can kind of understand ZSS (It's a weird MU...), I find Lucario to be in Lucario's favor. Not hopelessly so, but still, his aura is a pain to get around.
Meh. I used to dabble with Lucario, but I found his laggy smashes to be a turnoff for me :ohwell:. Of course, he has good aerial game, which suprises me, of course.

I mained ZSS for a short time. Shortest character main for me...I couldn't tame her awesomeness, and I also would rather prefer pawnching an opponent anyway ^_^.

finally got kirby super star ultra

:D
Congrats. You hold the greatest Kirby game ever made in the universe.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yeah i played a lulu and he gave me a hard time as for ZSS im curious

Top Bottom