• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Hurr durr durr derp. PSA Frame Data. Hurr durr herp derp.

That's what MK26 sounds like right now. Frame data is completely worthless to me at this point since all I see are a bunch of numbers with a few letters peppering the top.

Edit: And as much work as that looks like it took, it's like some random scientist coming up to me, handing me a paper full of numbers, letters and symbols I don't know, and saying it's the cure to cancer. How unhelpful regardless of good intentions.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Just popping in to say that Kirby's Dash attack and Nair are both incredible.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What? Where?
Here

He's a troll, but he seems to know a lot about what he's talking about. Is the last sentence sarcastic or not...?
We're all trolls. XD
The last sentence wasn't sarcastic. The format of the information was done well and I can appreciate the amount of time that was put into it.
Just popping in to say that Kirby's Dash attack and Nair are both incredible.
QFT.
Well, maybe 'incredible' is a bit of a stretch, but we'll just leave it at that.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
NAir isn't great, but it's decently good. DA is pretty snazzy.

Both aren't incredible, that post is bad and you should feel bad.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I only spam D-Air if someone's shield is too low, that is if I'm playing someone that chicken blockers. I can't remember a time that N-Air helped me at all. XD

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Nair has only had one use for me and thats dropping into someones shield and them being like "what? thats not bair?" thus not punishing me...lol

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I use it for a number of things.

- Getting an extra bit of damage at low/mid percents (setting up a grab or something near the ground, Nair to buffered Utilt works sometimes)
- Gimping
- Hitting a Snake with a grenade (where Bair or Uair would have set it off, Nair usually doesn't for some reason; Fthrow to Nair instead of Uair, for instance)
- Randomly tossed into a pseudo-combo (it makes more sense when you actually do it because people don't know Kirby has a Nair; Fthrow to Uair to Nair to Dtilt to regrab/dash attack/Fsmash works sometimes depending on the opponent's DI)
- Keeping your Bair fresh

I'm not saying that it's better than Bair in certain match-ups or anything, but I'm just really surprised that more Kirbies don't seem to use it that much.
And "incredible" miiiight have been a bit of an exaggeration. ^^;

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Nair has only had one use for me and thats dropping into someones shield and them being like "what? thats not bair?" thus not punishing me...lol
This for me. :laugh:

F-throw to N-air?? I tried it once... a loooong ago... Unless they don't know how to DI, I don't think it can really connect. :ohwell:

Also, I use it to pop Smashville's balloon, damage the statues on Castle Siege or anything that will refresh my attack queve line.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's if they're trying to hit you with a grenade if they're expecting the Uair.

And I main Olimar so feel free to disregard anything I say.
Stagnant play-styles only benefit me. =P

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I use it for a number of things.

- Getting an extra bit of damage at low/mid percents (setting up a grab or something near the ground, Nair to buffered Utilt works sometimes)
- Gimping
- Hitting a Snake with a grenade (where Bair or Uair would have set it off, Nair usually doesn't for some reason; Fthrow to Nair instead of Uair, for instance)
- Randomly tossed into a pseudo-combo (it makes more sense when you actually do it because people don't know Kirby has a Nair; Fthrow to Uair to Nair to Dtilt to regrab/dash attack/Fsmash works sometimes depending on the opponent's DI)
- Keeping your Bair fresh

I'm not saying that it's better than Bair in certain match-ups or anything, but I'm just really surprised that more Kirbies don't seem to use it that much.
And "incredible" miiiight have been a bit of an exaggeration. ^^;
-The first use *can* work, but IDK, I've not had success with it, since it requires you to be way closer to them than you should be (AKA it's a horribly mispaced Bair, and can be punished as such even if they don't know it's coming.).

-The second... gimping? What?

-The third is true, but anything else does too when well spaced, and more importantly, air hammer doesn't seem to set them off.

-Fourth is kind of the same as the 1st.

-Fifth... Yeah, I guess. Grab pummels do it just as well.

I mean, all of that works (Although I don't see how Nair gimping is even remotely a good idea), but there's stuff that does it better.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I didn't put a reason by it because I was listing what I use it for.
Looks stylish when you gimp someone with Nair.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Now as much as I agree anything that Shaun EVER SAYS should be disregarded (not so much for his Oli status but also because the things he says usually make me want to punch a baby)...

...but I've used NAir to gimp a Marth before :troll:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How exactly does it work? Are you using the sourspot?

Gimping Marth with Nair sounds funny as hell though.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Not sourspot, but around 100~% if you drop down and SHNAir the knockback can be enough to stop Marth from recovering.

It's beyond gimmicky lol. I've done it maybe once or twice.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Note that he's talking about his new main's Nair, not Kirby's Nair. :3

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
N-air is incredible because Kirby looks so happy and cute while he spins around that you just have to take a snapshot.
He can also say "Hup!" with it.

Xyless

Smash Master
smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash smash

Top Bottom