• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Well against Marth, Snake, and a few other select MUs I wanna see how D3 does (Atom-s-ke says he does better than Kirby and since I don't like playing MK too much (after my 2mnth adventure w/ MK) I figure D3 makes a lot of MUs closer to even and advantage when used as a secondary.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well against Marth, Snake, and a few other select MUs I wanna see how D3 does (Atom-s-ke says he does better than Kirby and since I don't like playing MK too much (after my 2mnth adventure w/ MK) I figure D3 makes a lot of MUs closer to even and advantage when used as a secondary.
I personally love the Kirby v Marth MU. Because Kirby is light they have a lot of incentive to DS but if they whiff one it's a free grounded hammer.

And I like bair baiting.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Against Snake he definitely does better, and Marth, I unno i just have trouble with Marth in general so it doesn't seem easier to me.

So yeah you do good against Snake, Marth (maybe) and still get boop'd by Olimar, Ice Climbers, MK, and (debate-ably) Falco.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Gova- I'm probably the strongest supporter that Kirby does decent slight disadvatange- even) against Marth. You can see that in the Marth MU discussion and the BBR character discussion of Kirby.

@ CDog- I'll do better against Snake, same against Marth, beat ICs (I play against 2 different ICs on a weekly basis and have won rarely/ come close a lot), beat non-MK mains, TL the Oli, and kirbicide the Falco. C-Dog, what MUs do you excel @?

>_> ICs, D3, Marth, and Peach are probably my best MUs w/ Kirby. MK I'm decent against and can usually beat non-MK mains.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
But where were the manly songs in that list?
AWW SNIPPITY SNOP!

It's a simple MU and only annoying if you don't like being gay. Btw, I love being gay.
Fix'd for obvious statement. JK brah, I love you, no homo

>_> Guys....I'm on the first or second page for BBR apps.....

O_o I think I could do well in there? Kirbies <3.
Given that you quit the DH, I'm not sure how well you'd do in there :p .

>_> Omni infracted me for inb4lock on an obvious troll thread where I intentionally trolled. <------This above sentence sounds like justice carried out in a perfectly controlled intelligent manner.
lolyea, don't see anything particularly wrong from Omni on that move.

Idk anyone who'll ever beat me in amounts of Kirbicides, highest profile Kirbicides, or game-ending Kirbicides.

BTW! To any and everyone who cares, I'm picking up D3 as a secondary.
I don't think you ever beat melee t1mmy.

Kill the traitor!

... but Kirby can totally go solo for me.
This is almost siggable.

almost.

I always enjoyed the Kirby vs Snake MU, until I started playing really good Snakes. It seems like it shouldn't actually be so bad.

So guys, I have 2 options: do my HW now and get a good night's sleep, or do it at 3 AM and get ****ed over for a week. Which should I do?

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ A1- Alright I didn't wanna have to do this but you've left me w/ no choice.

Guys, A1 confided in me that he wants to main MK. MAIN.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Since this is a conglomerate Kirby Boards request to the Smash Lab, I'll update you guys on what has happened with the Quick Cutter!

Re:Smash Lab Request
I am sorry to inform you that the Smash Lab has made very little headway into the investigation.

We have been unsuccessful in replicating the glitch, therefore, not providing us the necessary data to find out what is happening.

We noticed that it may have to do with the left ledge of battlefield, as it seems to have different properties from the right edge. The technique may possibly be related to scarring the edge. Although, we cannot say for sure since we do not have any conclusive evidence. We will continue to look for the cause of this event.
Hmm... Guess we can rule this off of glitches that might help Kirby, eh.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
@ A1- Alright I didn't wanna have to do this but you've left me w/ no choice.

Guys, A1 confided in me that he wants to main MK. MAIN.
Dude, it's too late for want >:D . And he's a Kirby so you've got nothing to complain about.

(My absence of a main icon should indicate that I've given up on Brawl :()

Since this is a conglomerate Kirby Boards request to the Smash Lab, I'll update you guys on what has happened with the Quick Cutter!

Hmm... Guess we can rule this off of glitches that might help Kirby, eh.
D: Oh well. I suppose we can decide to think of this as Kirby being too awesome for the Smash Labbers.

Edit: This is my favorite song ever.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Actually I did. And I got a grounded hammer off him for a star KO.

But I still lost that match =\
Very degrading, mikehaze... IMO, it's worse than a Falcon Punch, at least a punch has range and scares people and is awesome.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't see how it's degrading. DS has a lot of lag if it misses.
Getting hit by an attack which has a range smaller than a jab/the vast majority of grabs out there, and with Kirby's mobility, IMO is grounds for embarrassment. If I was him Id've made sure to try and 3-stock you afterwards to save face. ;)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Getting hit by an attack which has a range smaller than a jab/the vast majority of grabs out there, and with Kirby's mobility, IMO is grounds for embarrassment. If I was him Id've made sure to try and 3-stock you afterwards to save face. ;)
I think you're underestimating the lag. There's enough time to fully charge a smash when Marth starts falling from the top of the DS until he hits the ground.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
whoops

looks like I accidentally added a bunch of new pokemon to the smilies

hope no one minds

:121: :202: :193: :160: :201x: :169: :208: :190: :207: :239::104: :228: :177:

I like these ones

what new ones do you guys like?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Oh, sweet, Johto pokémon! :D :196: <3

My team without Sinnoh and Hoenn pokémon:
:142::212::169::143::149::196:

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Oh goddamit, I never expected Asdioh to go over to the dark side...
JoWii, my point about you and t1mmy still stands.
Actually, since Kirbycide->Answer, the only thing you can logically derive from it is if it's not the answer, then it's not Kirbycide.

...*****.

There are lots of good powers you can take, like Snake's.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
The most awesome thing to do is upB near the edge against characters with no good options to punish your upB, then hit them with the lowering part of it and grab the ledge. While they get up, ledge-hop an inhale, spit em out under the stage, and stagespike! YEAAHHHHH!

On another note... I bet your sucky cats can't do this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUcYSR-Xl_E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUcYSR-Xl_E?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Inhale is a good defensive move, Gova.

Doesn't fill that niche as well as Dedede's inhale, but it still functions the same way and some of the abilities are great against their originals (Olimar, Snake, Pikachu, Lucario, etc.).

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Inhale is a good defensive move, Gova.

Doesn't fill that niche as well as Dedede's inhale, but it still functions the same way and some of the abilities are great against their originals (Olimar, Snake, Pikachu, Lucario, etc.).
Shield > Inhale for defense.

Inhale is risky though so even if the power is good I'm not gonna fish for it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Another thing about our inhale is that a lot of characters can punish a swallow if they buffer the right moves (lucario Dair, Tl Dair, Rob Dair, G&w Dair or bucket, etc.)
Now while this kind of sucks, it's also kind of good, because people don't expect a starshot and instead buffer to punish a swallow. As a result, say you starshot a lucario, then you can punish his Dair with a Fair. Against characters like Tl, sheik and ZSS, you can starshot them over the edge and watch them Sd if they didn't expect it, and if they do expect it, ah well, you gave them 10% and got them offstage.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shield > Inhale for defense.

Inhale is risky though so even if the power is good I'm not gonna fish for it.
I won't deny that you shouldn't fish for it, but think of it as an aerial grab.
I don't even know how to phrase what I'm trying to say from here, so I'll pursue a different argument.

You can't deny that Inhale is incredible in 2v2.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
inhale uses

1.beating spotdodge (gain power/do 10 damage from doing a spit out)
2.Kirbycide obviously
3.understage spit out
4. aerial mix up

I do number 4 alot because Coney would always do it to me...I would be waiting for him to come down with bair and he would just B-reverse an inhale

He's D3 thouugh...but I do it to him also..it works

oh and a star shot with a heavy person hits HARD! so its godly in 2v2s

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I remember Coney saying that it doesn't work very well for Kirby back at SiiS3 when I was talking to him about it. LOL. I need to try doing it myself, though. I've never actually tried it.

Top Bottom