• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I said JoWii, not Shao. :mad:

Anyway, Kirby's sideB is pretty broken. Don't tell anyone, but there is some strong discussion about banning Kirby because of it in a certain hidden forum.

And his bair, of course.

Actually, if Kirby would have his sword he always uses to beat MK, I'm sure he'd be banned by now.
is this about that pic I made? lolol

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
yesno

I was looking at the posts from the bottom-up, and I saw some people going "what the ****", so I looked up and saw that pic and I was like "what, wait... What! That makes no sense!", then realized it was because of the fsmash and whatnot. Pre-tty nice pic, though!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Asdioh sounds like he's having fun, as usual. :p

So. Much. Uni work. x-x

Oh and the correct answer was f) none of them xDDD

I'll find a good pic of me from the Robocop ones at some point. There has to be a good one somewhere.
At least say you were wearing a blue jacket, goddamit! D:

Most likely yea xD .
I lol'd at the Kewkky convo.

Also, on the topic of our favorite songs (which I have decided is the new topic), I really like Take Me Away by Avril Lavigne, mostly because she's hot she sounds really pissed during most of it. To make my appearance be closer to my manly, buff one, I shall also post some incredibly manly songs which I like.

[collapse=Long list of songs is long and in no particular order]Torture Me by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Californication by RHCP
Stadium Arcadium by RHCP
Around the World by RHCP
Snow (Hey Oh) by RHCP
C'mon Girl by RHCP
By the Way by RHCP

Break Apart Her Heart by Good Charlotte
Dance Floor Anthem by GC
Victims of Love by GC
Broken Hearts Parade by GC
All Black by GC

Oubliette (Disappear) by The Receiving End of Sirens
Crop and the Pest by TREOS
The Salesman, The Husband, The Lover by TREOS
Saturnus by TREOS

Tourniquet by Evanescence
Going Under by Evan.
Everybody's Fool by Evan.
Bring Me To Life by Evan.
Imaginary by Evan.
Lithium by Evan.

On Fire by Switchfoot
Meant to Live by Switchfoot
Gone by Switchfoot

Brand New Colony by The Postal Service

Intuition by Jewel

Lolitas Medecine by The Legion of Doom[/collapse]

So guys, what are your favorite songs? No, this totally hasn't already been a topic in the KGD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
because of the depth that it involves:

When I'm Gone by Eminem

I've gotten into eminem and lots of other different things lately.
so just to name some songs I've been listening to lots lately:

Airplanes by B.o.B (ft. Hayley Williams)
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars

songs that I like a lot that haven't changed in a while:

Lose Yourself by Eminem
Around The World by Daft Punk
Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts
Skeith's Theme from .hack//Infection
Little Busters by The Pillows
Hey Jude by The Beatles
Clint Eastwood by The Gorillaz
Feel Good Inc. by The Gorillaz

and a couple others that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yes, Kirby is legitimately a character.
JoWii, what are you doing to these people that has them switching mains?

BTW. JoWii, our (Austin's) new Kirby main dislikes the Olimar match-up, too. :D
He also has quite a bit of potential. He goes by "Gova".

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So yesterday one of the guys at my smashfest decided to pick up Kirby, and I see him do from 0% Dthrow>utilt>grounded hammer. He made it work 4 times that day. WHY HAS THAT NEVER WORKED FOR ME? ARG!

@asdioh:
I don't know how Fox plays the Yoshi Mu, but with Kirby it seems like you try to 'fake' landings to bait grabs, then punish. Also lots of aircamping and/or planking. Make him approach you; Yoshi's amazing defensive game hurts, especially since we lack approaches.
Dtilt, Dair and jabs are good at close range since Yoshi will pretty much always spotdodge.
His jabs only combo if he hits you with the tip and only after mid %s.
Yoshi players tend to use eggs to limit your options and force certain reactions, and in some cases can frametrap with them. It helps to keep that in mind.

I think I had more, but I forget XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I have no internet still, and everytime I get on, I look for new music to download. Yoooo JoWii, you metalhead you, dunno if you've heard of this band! I just found em out and I think this song as Amazing because POD's singer is in it.
I very much like this song. This band sounds like it'd be epic to see live. I feel so pumped up listening to this. I <3 Kewkky.

To make my appearance be closer to my manly, buff one, I shall also post some incredibly manly songs which I like.

But where were the manly songs in that list?

I met Jowii in tourney and he made me realize how legit Kirby is
I'm flippin' amazing.

JoWii, what are you doing to these people that has them switching mains?

BTW. JoWii, our (Austin's) new Kirby main dislikes the Olimar match-up, too. :D
He also has quite a bit of potential. He goes by "Gova".
1. Don't you remember all the cool stuff I can do w/ Kirby? >_>.....well I stopped doing all that stuff because I was getting my *** handed to me. So now I just make Kirby look like a rapist on the screen and everyone wants to be a rapist, right?
2. >_> That's cuz Oli is a ***. I go TL for it now. I took Cook's Olimar to game three last stock!! He beat my Kirby on the starter, then I CP'd TL on RC and won; then he took me to Halberd where I switched backto Kirby (wrong move because then I had sharking available) and it was last stocks. I'm happy though that y'all have a Kirby main. Btw, I'm not gonna make MLGDallas ;_;

So yesterday one of the guys at my smashfest decided to pick up Kirby, and I see him do from 0% Dthrow>utilt>grounded hammer. He made it work 4 times that day. WHY HAS THAT NEVER WORKED FOR ME? ARG!
Just because it worked doesn't mean it's legit. The ppl @ ur smashfest are just used to your Kirby and so his deviation can work on them.

Anyone else notice how I was in a majority of the post on that last page? I <3 you guys too.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So now I just make Kirby look like a rapist on the screen and everyone wants to be a rapist, right?
Depends on the location. :3

2. I took Cook's Olimar to game three last stock!! He beat my Kirby on the starter, then I CP'd TL on RC and won; then he took me to Halberd where I switched back to Kirby (wrong move because then I had sharking available) and it was last stocks. I'm happy though that y'all have a Kirby main. Btw, I'm not gonna make MLGDallas ;_;
TL beating an Olimar on RC? 0_o
This is a disturbing turn of events, but good job taking him to the end of the line. ^^
And don't feel too bad about missing MLG Dallas. I'm not going and neither is Zigsta (namesearchbait).

Midnight Shadows

Smash Cadet
Yes, Kirby is legitimately a character.COLOR]

Keep that on the hush now or the MKs will learn the matchup. Speaking of, does anybody really use dthow and follow up with an inhale? I've been doing it since I picked Kirby up and it seems to work because people are always expecting an uptilt. It's particularly sexy when used to steal snake's nades imo.

How in God's name do you beat Olimar with TL?

Whenever I fight an Olimar, I feel like just dropping the controller and leaving. x__x

And on the musical note
no pun intended, har har har
, this song is Jesus imo. If you're gonna listen to it, pleeeaase listen to the whole thing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How in God's name do you beat Olimar with TL?

Whenever I fight an Olimar, I feel like just dropping the controller and leaving. x__x
this is what I was going to ask. That matchup is insanely difficult for TL.

"lol i stick pikmin on you so your bombs blow you up when you try to throw them"

It's only insanely difficult when you're frustrated, which means the matchup is always insanely difficult.

IMO that is.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't camp. ._.
Or if you're JoWii, camp so hard that you time him out.
You'll still lose, but there's a chance he'll rage quit. X3

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I love that Clover knows my playstyle.

I find Oli/TL on RC sooooooo easy. Stay ahead of Oli, never approach, bomb camp and throw where they aren't?, and go for kills on the vertical areas.

It's a simple MU and only annoying if you don't like being ghey. Btw, I love being ghey.

I always feel like I'll win that MU on that specific level. Unless I'm vastly outplayed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
XD does espy really think ROB beats falco. that matchup is universally considered in falcos favor
Way to cherry pick.
And I didn't say ROB beats him. I said he was a tough match. That could be anything that's 5:5, even.

Could be wrong, of course, but the point is still valid.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
what do you mean cherry pick? the only matchups i'm informed enough to laugh at people for having misinformed opinions about have to do with ROB, and what you said is something that made me giggle madly

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Guys....I'm on the first or second page for BBR apps.....

O_o I think I could do well in there? Kirbies <3.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Omni infracted me for inb4lock on an obvious troll thread where I intentionally trolled. <------This above sentence sounds like justice carried out in a perfectly controlled intelligent manner. With that said....

Fuuuuuuuuuu------ thathhhhhhhaaaaatttttt.

Nazi.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
oh! Are go to the Austin boards! >_> You guys are irrelevant to the Kirby boards maintaining our status quo of awesome. As such, you guys should gtfo to a VM or PM. (EXcept Zigsta because he's da greatest and will eventually post a loving Kirby comment).

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Can always trust on Zig to make Kirby seem like the greatest character ever for being able to make Bowser aggravated. >_> I've been playing Future's Bowser and it's suuucccchhhhh a dumb MU. Hopefully I'll have a write-up soon.

@ Stingers- Make a Kirby relevant comment and it's fine to be here; OP regulated.

EDIT: So Atomshi+k is here in MO and I found out that he's not that big of a douche bag and he grows on ya. >_> W/ that said he's weird. If you namesearch this Trev, you are weird-ish but I like ya.

Now, my reasoning for this edit is because I got a text from Future and Atom-skkkki to come over, get non-sober on certain liquids of an adult nature, and play w/ a bunch of Nerf guns. Fun?!?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i make kirby relevant comments all the time! this thread isn't the kirby metagame thread anyway, its the kirby social. i just want to be social with all my kirby bros

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dumb why? It's not a bad MU at all for Bowser. He just has to play more sedentary than usual.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
GOVA!!!!!! I heard that you're the new Kirby in Austin. How does it feel to be Austin's #2 Kirby in all ways and interpretation of that statement??

Lmao I kid, I'm a troll.

@ Zig- I ****ing agree. Grounded UpB is the best thing Bowser has.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
GOVA!!!!!! I heard that you're the new Kirby in Austin. How does it feel to be Austin's #2 Kirby in all ways and interpretation of that statement??

Lmao I kid, I'm a troll.

@ Zig- I ****ing agree. Grounded UpB is the best thing Bowser has.
I could tell lol. The only thing I'll be #2 to you is in Kirbicides! And it feels awesome considering how well I placed at HOBO 28 going Kirby for the first time.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Idk anyone who'll ever beat me in amounts of Kirbicides, highest profile Kirbicides, or game-ending Kirbicides.

Also, we'll have to have a friendly when I come through TX in Dec.

BTW! To any and everyone who cares, I'm picking up D3 as a secondary.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
D3's pretty cool and doesn't afraid of anything. I still stick to ZSS because I still have L-Cancelling from melee as a second-nature move, and ZSS being really fast, activates my L-Cancelling senses and my fingers moves faster and it makes me feel great. ;)

... but Kirby can totally go solo for me.

Top Bottom