• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
it doesn't work nearly as well..because kirby doesnt have that distance but everytime you are in the air facing backwards people auto put thier shield up..which leads into a B-reverse Inhale if you jump into their shield

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
It does seem like a nice mix-up if they're expecting a Bair. I'll definitely give it a try against people I want an ability from!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
TKO covered it all but also a good way to use it is under a platform. The platform protects you from above and the inhale protects your horizontal so it's a good time to try and mix it into your offense or defense.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Oh, under a platform is incredible, especially on Halberd and Delfino. Love those shark Kirbycides <3

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Doubles is the best to land Kirbicides in weird ways because the other team can't focus on hurting you while avoiding you AND your teammate/

Edit: >_> So I'm doing some super secret Kirby stuff right now that may help to inform Kirbies of how they should be playing to reach top tier play of Kirby. Honestly it's numbers, percents and some other techinical info and honestly I don't know who I'm actually going to share this info w/ since it's....>_> game changing. Or rather playstyle/skill changing. (>+_+)> Maybe I'll release it in the KirbyBR that so few are in; or maybe I won't show anyone. Bwuhahahahhaa.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Why wouldn't you share it with people, JoWii? Expanding Kirby's meta-game within the Kirby community and helping more players reach his true potential should be a goal of the Kirby community, not keeping stuff to yourself or to a select group of people. LOL.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Kappy, I'd like to think I'm one of the top 3 people on this board doing stuff to advance Kirby's metagame. I say 3 to be humble.

W/ that said I love all you guys here on the Kirby boards. So whenever I have all the info compiled the way I want it, I'll let you guys know what it is that I've found. Personally, I hyped it, but it's still going to be interesting if anything.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Show us that it works then. I'd love to see another kirby place high.

Also, I've been fiddling with platformcancels today, and I have to say Kirby's PC is actually more useful than a lot of people give him credit for. Kirby's fullhop does not actually reacht the platform of SV, which can be quite a bummer sometimes. However using kirby's PC can allow you to techchase/mixup using the platform. PC'ing while spacing bairs or pc'ing while your opponent sits in shield either on or below the platform is pretty **** awesome.

By the way, kirby's PC is really easy to pull off. Just wait till kirby almost flips on his fullhop and dair while holding the constrol stick down.

I know this has already been adressed and discussed but people really disregarded it and did not give it enough credit.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I never doubted your contributions to the Kirby boards (I personally think you're #2)! LOL. I play around with stuff, too, but I never actually find anything useful :( I almost did with Utilt -> Footstool, but it turned out to be a fluke.

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with!

EDIT: I've been trying to pull off a PC forever. Going to go become good at it, now! Thanks, Tiersie!

EDIT EDIT: Did anyone else know you can PC with Bair, too? 0_0

Triple R

Smash Lord
The only reason I give Platform Canceling a more useless outlook is because for Kirby I don't feel it makes that big of difference. Doing a double jump right after your first jump will just reach the platform too, and it seems to be just as quick maybe even quicker than waiting for Kirby to reach that PCable height. Obviously testing would need to be done on which one is actually quicker, but it's really close.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Looking at the title, someone discovered Hammer Kirby's brokenness? Or I'm reading the title the wrong way. )=

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
By the way, kirby's PC is really easy to pull off. Just wait till kirby almost flips on his fullhop and dair while holding the constrol stick down.
this part isn't necessary, if you hit down on the C-stick it'll work. or hold down on the control stick while doing any other aerial and it'll work.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, I try and do stuff to improve on Kirby's metagame and/or community! I hope I'm on that there list, JoWii. :mad:

It just sucks to have no money, nor means of transportation, and live outside of where everything happens (USA, Euope, Australia, Japan... I live in isolated PR :().

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Edit: >_> So I'm doing some super secret Kirby stuff right now that may help to inform Kirbies of how they should be playing to reach top tier play of Kirby. Honestly it's numbers, percents and some other techinical info and honestly I don't know who I'm actually going to share this info w/ since it's....>_> game changing. Or rather playstyle/skill changing. (>+_+)> Maybe I'll release it in the KirbyBR that so few are in; or maybe I won't show anyone. Bwuhahahahhaa.
"So um, yea guys, there's some stuff that could be beneficial to our metagame that I'm looking at, just sayin'. kthxbai"

Wait...he's just trying to bump the Kirby backroom!

Hey, I try and do stuff to improve on Kirby's metagame and/or community! I hope I'm on that there list, JoWii. :mad:
I'd better be on it too:mad:. I make indispensable contributions, like the
old sucky
MU thread, super-practical AT's like the Ninja Spike, AND I've been here longer than Kewkky! With all of that, it's really surprising the BBR people aren't trying to shine my shoes.

I was told to watch this video in a dream.

It was a life-changing experience and I must share it with all of you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bAN7Ts0xBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bAN7Ts0xBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Whenever you think of the word random, I hope this comes to mind first than Brawl.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I would like to know c:

EDIT: Kewkky you should come to Aus sometime O:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Well if you really need me to break hearts then I'd say:

Board contributions:
1. JoWii
2. A1lion
2. Kewkky
4. Asdioh
4. Viper

Honestly that's how I feel.

>_> If someone wants to unseat me as first, show what you've done to try and advance Kirby's metagame, MU knowledge, tournament attendance that I haven't also done or 'exceeded expectations' (to take a note out of my hogwarts book) at and I'll concede my way down to second.

Though I'm not trying to pick fights, downplay other's contributions, etc. >_> Honestly any of the top 5 are interchangeable.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I think I may have some good info, numbers and research behind making the Kirby/MK MU a LOT easier to understand/ handle. In addition to that, I plan on doing the same research behind the Marth, ICs, Snake, D3 MUs. I'd ask for help but I'm afraid of it being leaked out and I'm not sure where/how/what this info is useful/pertains to/ should be cataloged as. If that makes sense.....

EDIT: Personally I feel PC'ing is irrelevant. Kirby can land on a platform, reverse himself and fall through w/ BAir relatively fast and I feel that PC'ing is flashy but unnecessary.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I know it's opinion but sheesh, I'm behind A1, Asdioh and Viper? I mean ****, a technique I found was part of our char's BBR discussion... Ah well, confirms what I thought about how people only listen to what I say in person. Also while it was a long time back, Thrillagorilla contributed quite a bit.

And heh, got my new hard drive! After 6 months may finally have a comp again!

Also Jowii, if it's as game-changing as you say, don't share it until after you've abused it a bit in tourny. I can't help but wonder what it is though, and am seriously hoping it's one of the many things I mentioned a year ago that no one payed attention to, like our AD's weird properties.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Fromundaman...I totally forgot about you D:

I'd put you after or with A1(who contributes to MU discussions and leads them when I need like he did w/ Ike and Fox) and Kewkky or even somewhere with Asdioh and Viper.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ok, so maybe game-changing was a strong expression.

It certainly WILL help Krby against MK though I believe.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ok, so....I can't fall asleep.

I guess I'll start brainstorming and drafting a rough outline of how I will introduce my knowledge to you guys.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ok, so maybe game-changing was a strong expression.

It certainly WILL help Krby against MK though I believe.
I hope it's the Crash ability.

Or G.I.M's broken invincibility on his dash attack that lasts forever.

OR, you figured out how to get a Plasma shield.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I guess you've never played Kirby Super Star =\

Or know the names of the buddies/powers.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
-_- In all honestly my love for Kirby exists only in the SSB games and the original Dreamland game for the classic gameboy.

So, I felt y'all deserve the 'Foreword' of this soon to be thread containing my nuggets of knowledge. Can ya dig it?
Kirby.

For the longest time in the beginning of my smash career, I felt Kirby vs. MK was anywhere from even to disadvantage for Kirby; generally I leaned towards more even-slight disadvantage. At some point in time, within the last 3-4 mnths, that opinion changed to 'clear disadvantage'. Comparing frame data, camp tactics, kill options, etc. just made the gap between the Dreamland characters even wider and with that knowledge I became disheartened by the match-up. For a time I played MK, and strictly MK, because I felt Kirby did not have the tools to defeat a MK-main who played the match-up correctly. But the night is darkest just before the morning...

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The suspense is killing me. I don't like thrillers.

I hope it's better than bair baiting and sliding usmashes.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Lol. Let me put it this way. I haven't even started writing the 'meat' of this write-up and it's already two paragraphs >_> of hype.

Lmao, I just realized I'm waaaaaaay to good at hyping stuff.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fromundaman...I totally forgot about you D:

I'd put you after or with A1(who contributes to MU discussions and leads them when I need like he did w/ Ike and Fox) and Kewkky or even somewhere with Asdioh and Viper.
Really now? How far back are you looking, bc honestly I think Kewk is the only one who beats me in contribution. I mean, people don't always listen, but I found inhale break>fs, wrote up a guide, changed the way we play 3-4 MUs (lol Sheiks thought they beat us at one point...), found countless stage glitches, several interesting AD properties of varying usefulness, contributed a lot to the older MU discussions, am one of the few to answer questions and offer critique (though those and MU input decreased drastically after my comp died)...
I'm not trying to say I am Kirby's metagame or anything but dayum, I got down-played hard.

@gova: Lol Plasma shield please. That or transforming into TAC.

Edit: Jowii, you promised a board with a stagnant metagame something new. Of course we're anxious.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ Fromundaman- Do you know how long I've been on the Kirby boards? Less than a month (prolly less than two weeks) before being allowed to run the match up thread (I love pi. 3/14; March 14th)

So if I 'down-play' your contributions, it's only because I'm not a veteran of these boards for any amount of time like yours or others. Don't get discouraged by my opinion of my 'contribution list'.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ Fromundaman- Do you know how long I've been on the Kirby boards? Less than a month (prolly less than two weeks) before being allowed to run the match up thread (I love pi. 3/14; March 14th)

So if I 'down-play' your contributions, it's only because I'm not a veteran of these boards for any amount of time like yours or others. Don't get discouraged by my opinion of my 'contribution list'.
My bad. Been in a weird mood lately and I based my thoughts on your join date.

That being said, a lot of things I've said have been ignored, but ah well... (our backwards AD is amazing. It gives us Jiggs-like aerial mobility and makes up for our lack of a good B-reverse skill.)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
-_- In all honestly my love for Kirby exists only in the SSB games and the original Dreamland game for the classic gameboy.

So, I felt y'all deserve the 'Foreword' of this soon to be thread containing my nuggets of knowledge. Can ya dig it?
Man i'm the same way, I only really like Kirby in Smash Bros. :x

Also, I know it is a really small pedantic thing, but I have always hated the expression "the night is darkest just beore the dawn", just because it's not true lol. Apart from that though, it's very intriguing.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Actually, Kirby can´t reach the SV platform in one jump without using PC´s. And that´s more relevant than you think. Please just try **** out before you dismiss them as a pile of dung. And yes he can use a second jump but that´s pretty **** predictable and the sudden shift in momentum really does throw people off.

Also this whole "zomg who contributed" dicussion doesn't amount to anything but stroking your e-peen, I hope you know that. Also putting yourself at first is pretty **** arrogant Jowii, even if it was true.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
that list

I've never seen a1lion write about anything but himself

but i mean then again i dont really look in matchup threads or whatever

I just answer questions in here

I should be in the backrrom btw...

Top Bottom