• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

I've been feeling nauseous and fatigued since Saturday. The first time I noticed it, I thought, "I'm gonna eat some food." I figured eating food would give me sufficient energy to stop feeling so weak.

Thing is, all week, I've been eating big meals only to feel weak and nauseous 30 minutes later. Also, I couldn't sleep due to anxiety. I've also been feeling this sensation of heat + minor sweating in air conditioned rooms, and getting the feeling of pins and needles in your skin constantly.

I figured it's time to ask my mom (who is a pharmacist) what's wrong with me.

She said it might be hypoglycemia. She asked me what have I been eating.

If I recall correctly, this is what I've been eating:
Hot Pockets
Doritos
Dr Pepper
Coke
Rice Beans and Steak
McDonalds
Trix cereal
Chili
Rice Beans and Chicken

Everything I've eaten was probably accompanied with a soft drink of some sort.

Anyways, my mom bought a whole bunch of fruits and stuff that I'm allowed to eat yesterday. I've been eating that every 2 hours until now and I currently feel great.

Also, this isn't the first time it happens to me, but I think this is the first time where I didn't eventually eat something healthy that made me feel better. I usually eat healthier, but last weekend we pigged out.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've been feeling nauseous and fatigued since Saturday. The first time I noticed it, I thought, "I'm gonna eat some food." I figured eating food would give me sufficient energy to stop feeling so weak.

Thing is, all week, I've been eating big meals only to feel weak and nauseous 30 minutes later. Also, I couldn't sleep due to anxiety. I've also been feeling this sensation of heat + minor sweating in air conditioned rooms, and getting the feeling of pins and needles in your skin constantly.

I figured it's time to ask my mom (who is a pharmacist) what's wrong with me.

She said it might be hypoglycemia. She asked me what have I been eating.

If I recall correctly, this is what I've been eating:
Hot Pockets
Doritos
Dr Pepper
Coke
Rice Beans and Steak
McDonalds
Trix cereal
Chili
Rice Beans and Chicken

Everything I've eaten was probably accompanied with a soft drink of some sort.

Anyways, my mom bought a whole bunch of fruits and stuff that I'm allowed to eat yesterday. I've been eating that every 2 hours until now and I currently feel great.

Also, this isn't the first time it happens to me, but I think this is the first time where I didn't eventually eat something healthy that made me feel better.
This sounds kind of bad. Glad you're feeling better now :) .

Twinkie said:
I usually eat healthier, but last weekend we pigged out.
This sounds like "I floss twice a day." :p
Mostly just kidding

Also, hypoglycemia runs in my family in both sides.

It doesn't matter though because I just realized plums are amazing. <3

/randomtransition

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I just played a billion friendlies against gnes. It seems like I'm on a streak of playing pro-level ex-kirby-mains XD

He didn't use diddy though :/ he used Falco and Snake. I mostly lost, until I jv 2-stocked his Falco with Kirby, which I can tell made him mad because we went to the next game almost instantly
and he 3-stocked me
Falco vs Kirby is so.... I dunno. If you can land the grab and chase him around, you can do a bunch of damage, but landing a KO move is hell. I think I landed maybe 1 fsmash out of all our games, because he knows how to avoid it. Plus, even landing Bair is hard because Falco can run away the whole time and then grab/jab to punish. I always thought Falco was pretty crappy but I know I'm wrong.
His JAB.

THAT JAB.

I dunno if i've seen falcos do this before, but against Kirby, when I was out of chaingrab %, he would dthrow->jab instead, and the jab's priority is so massive that it hits. :/

Ummm and I only used Fox against Snake. He won most games and I won a few. It was pretty fun, except for when I kept running into landmines because either I:
1. forgot it was there
2. couldn't see it because they blend in so well, especially on the blurry tv i'm using XD
3. tried to powershield it but lol wifi

but yeah it was fun.

Then he went Lucario for a game and I barely beat him and he left and here I am all alone :(

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Everything that Kirby does is so ****. Grab combos, bair, inhale, dair to footstool, etc.
Frametrapping into grounded hammers XD (Which is actually legit on Pikachu in certain situations.)

fromunda, you said you were picking up ROB in this thread =] yay
Oh haha, didn't remember. I prefer to think you read my mind.

It doesn't matter though because I just realized plums are amazing. <3

/randomtransition
Pears and mangoes (good mangoes anyway) are where it's at. Being in PR, you guys probably have amazing mangoes. The ones I get in OH suck a fat one.

Asdioh, I'll play a few against you if you're up for it. Haven't played Wifail in a while though, and I must warn you that I never ever play wifail sober. It pisses me off too much sober.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Frametrapping into grounded hammers XD (Which is actually legit on Pikachu in certain situations.)

Asdioh, I'll play a few against you if you're up for it. Haven't played Wifail in a while though, and I must warn you that I never ever play wifail sober. It pisses me off too much sober.
ok, what is this frametrapping crap you're talking about? >=(

and i'm done for the night

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll show you as soon as I get my friend to upload the video.

Basically though, on most stages, at 100%+, if you have Pika's power while he's recovering and spam jolts from a certain distance away from the ledge, he has to grab the ledge at a certain point to avoid the jolts with ledge invinc, then either sit there and get hit by a jolt, ledge drop DJ AD which leads to him getting hit by both a jolt and an aerial, resetting the situation, ledge jump which you have time to punish due to the long animation at 100%+, ledge drop QAC, which gets hit by a jolt and makes him have to recover and regrab the ledge (or, if he avoids the ledge, he only has a certain possible trajectory unless theres a platform nearby and you can punish with either aerials or a smash).
The last option, and the one that causes the hammer frametrap, is to do a ledge getup of some sort (easy to see which and react accordingly at 100%+), using the getup invinc frames to avoid the jolt. However, this gives enough time to run up and hammer as the invinc wears off but before the getup animation ends. Basically, Pika at 100%+ on the ledge is ****ED! His best option is to eat jolts+aerials and SDI to stay onstage, though most will instead opt to do something that "appears" safe, either the getups or a QAC, both of which get punished way harder and give you the kill opportunity.

I'll try to get the video uploaded, because it sounds good on paper, but when you see it you see the guy really had no options (the rest of the match sucks because we tried to end it as fast as possible to get the replay, since I said I was SDing as many times as necessary if we didn't finish it in the following minute.)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Twinkie

you are boricua

you will never get away from arroz con gandules

did she get you any kinepas? (spell check)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If it ain't arroz com feijão, it's done.
Definitely read that as arroz con felatio, and my mind added a comment about someone's mother in there. Then I reread the post and was disappointed... My subconscious is apparently cooler than you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh it was fun
And i didnt get mad, i was more like "****, i need to concentrate now" :). Your fox seemed to get better as the matches went on.
Same thing :p

I'd like to think it did, but I'm starting to get into wifi habits again x_x
I seriously almost never rolldodge offline, but on wifi I've already started doing it a lot more, and that's probably because it usually goes unpunished.
It's also because of input errors, a lot of my rolldodges/spotdodges are supposed to be like grab->throw or something lol -_-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Rolldodges actually aren't bad if you use them right. Next time you play online, do one friendly where every time you want to spotdodge, you instead roll away. It might surprise you how often it works.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I hope they make yawn D3 texture soon

also Yarn Kirby texturs is a Tad messed up..the feet arent red...but other then that its mad legit

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lol "that ddd player needs more bair"

anyway, it says it comes out 10/14... is that in Japan? When will it be out in uhmerika? :(

I played a good kirby on wifi today. Unfortunately, it was laggy like hell >_>

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
epic yarn released dat in america=Oct 17 or somewhere around that time...looked at it earlier this morning

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
when I get home tonight, I'm trying wifail again, and I will cry inside. But my soul has a thick enough wifi-callous already, so I should be fine. I'll suck though, so wish me luck.

And if his blood doesn't have enough sugar, doesn't that mean he should consume more?

just saying, if a car is low on gas, you don't solve the problem by leaving the tank empty. Freaking medicinal practices, how do they work!?

BBQTV

Smash Master
thats what you get for living in not america

we get **** quick!

main reason to live in america IMO

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Epic Yarn looks good :) .

Guys, remember how I keep going on fun trips of fun this summer kinda? Tomorrow, I'm headed off to the wedding of...um...I think they're my second cousin, I'm not sure. I've asked my parents a bunch of times but never remember who they are. Anyway, I'm going to Boston tomorrow and arriving home sometime Monday night, the night before school starts. I'll try to post, but I'll probably only be able to do it once or twice at night. That means no pestering me about the MU summaries :p they're well-off.

I thought the main reason to live in America was because it was the land of opportunity. :'(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
when I get home tonight, I'm trying wifail again, and I will cry inside. But my soul has a thick enough wifi-callous already, so I should be fine. I'll suck though, so wish me luck.

And if his blood doesn't have enough sugar, doesn't that mean he should consume more?

just saying, if a car is low on gas, you don't solve the problem by leaving the tank empty. Freaking medicinal practices, how do they work!?
man it didn't even register that it was you who made that post. I saw this post before I went on AiB, and then I asked you why you haven't posted on the kirby boards in a while XD

sooo yeahhh wifi's not working again.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
So, I kinda forget to say this, but I'm also not invited to the wedding xD just my parents. Hopefully that's an awkward conversation I can avoid...

Also, I was playing on the AiB free chat earlier today. He'd gone Ness on Brinstar, last stock, he's around 130 and I'm about 70. he breaks the bridge, and I footstool him twice into the lava, ending with a rock KO. He's zooming towards the right blastzone...but I can't cancel stone fast enough because of lag, and he ends up dying about 1/2 a second after I do, with 100 more percent. It was annoying >.> .

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nearly every Kirby game has an epic story, some of them are silly, the most silly is Kirby Squeak Squad and Kirby Dreamland. XD

Top Bottom