• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Except Asdioh has it right (although he got the facing backwards, he has the mechanic right. MK's Uthrow moves forward, Kirby's backwards.).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
As Kirby, back to the ledge with the windmill blade above you. As MK, holding the opponent over the ledge (AKA MK is facing the ledge, opponent's back is to the ledge) and Uthrow with the windmill blade above you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
With Kirby, you basically have to stand there and wait for them to come to you.
With MK, I imagine you just run and grab them because MK slides pretty far when dashgrabbing sometimes, doesn't he?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yup. Kirby has to PS too to not slide off the ledge. As usual, MK does it better.
what do you mean?

I know sometimes MK can dashgrab people, and then immediately they both fall off the ledge and MK can Nair them. I'm not sure how that works though...

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
@Asdioh: Kirby has to perfect shield to not slide off the ledge. You probably can only set up a uthrowcide if you shieldgrab an attack when your back is to the ledge, but if you don't perfect shield it, you'll just slide off. I think the "too" after the PS is a little confusing, but meh.

That's probably them just getting Sakurai'd.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh oh ok. I thought he was talking about how MK dashgrabs someone and then they both fall off the stage and MK can Nair, but he was talking about standing still with Kirby, waiting to grab them.

Still not sure how MK can do that though.
If it's as simple as "run and grab" then wow, but it never seems to work when I do it, and doesn't work all the time when other MKs do it.
Not that I play MK seriously at all.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yay fromundaman! rob =]
Wait... I just started picking him up... did I mention that somewhere, or did you read my mind/see me lurking the ROB boards?

Also, had a smashfest today and despite my fail start the first hour or two, at the end I was playing like a pro. It was like a non-stop combo video. Frametrapping someone into grounded hammer is the best way to get a kill ever.

Also, despite it being with Wolf, finally learned to effectively fight TL, so yay! One by one I am eliminating all my personal bad MUs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm mad 'cause I was playing Dabuz in friendlies and apparently he takes every single game seriously.

Like, he beats my Kirby with Sheik, which I say shouldn't happen because of the MU, and then he leaves saying he's bored because he beats my Kirby with Sheik, a character he doesn't play >_>

What I don't understand is, if you don't play a character, how do you expect me to take it seriously? I mean, I wasn't going ALL OUT 100% in that game, I was trying out stuff to see what works because that's generally what friendlies are for, and I end up getting ***** but learning some more about Sheik. Like how her Upsmash comes out really fast and hits everywhere.

Anyway, I got some Fox vs ZSS practice and our connection was amazing, it was almost like playing offline, so I was happy.

Still need to play your Olimar Dabuz >=( when you get "in the mood"

A1lion835

Smash Champion
It was like a non-stop combo video.
Story of my life.

I'm mad 'cause I was playing Dabuz in friendlies and apparently he takes every single game seriously.

Like, he beats my Kirby with Sheik, which I say shouldn't happen because of the MU, and then he leaves saying he's bored because he beats my Kirby with Sheik, a character he doesn't play >_>

What I don't understand is, if you don't play a character, how do you expect me to take it seriously? I mean, I wasn't going ALL OUT 100% in that game, I was trying out stuff to see what works because that's generally what friendlies are for, and I end up getting ***** but learning some more about Sheik. Like how her Upsmash comes out really fast and hits everywhere.

Anyway, I got some Fox vs ZSS practice and our connection was amazing, it was almost like playing offline, so I was happy.

Still need to play your Olimar Dabuz >=( when you get "in the mood"
I would feel sorry for you, but then I remember that you got to play Dabuz. D:<

@Kewkky (or if someone else changed the title): Touche, with an accent egout (egu?).

If you liked it why didn't cha put a mask on it

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeahhh but I didn't get to play his main. His Sheik is good for someone that "doesn't play Sheik" >_> it did less "dumb stuff" than his ZSS or Kirby did.

I was just mad 'cause I beat his ZSS with Fox first game, then he says "I mad time to ****" and 2-stocks me on Lylat (I suicided) and then said "why don't you use a character you actually play"

and I was like

:O

Then I tried to explain that when I'm Fox I always strike/ban Lylat because I will inevitably suicided, but he said "it was a 2-stock, don't blame the stage"
anyway next game we went to BF and it was last hit last stock so it obviously was the stage >_>

ZSS is probably bad on wifi, but her **** side B can't be dodged on reaction like it can offline :[

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Yeahhh but I didn't get to play his main. His Sheik is good for someone that "doesn't play Sheik" >_> it did less "dumb stuff" than his ZSS or Kirby did.

I was just mad 'cause I beat his ZSS with Fox first game, then he says "I mad time to ****" and 2-stocks me on Lylat (I suicided) and then said "why don't you use a character you actually play"

and I was like

Aw snippity snap!

Then I tried to explain that when I'm Fox I always strike/ban Lylat because I will inevitably suicided, but he said "it was a 2-stock, don't blame the stage"
anyway next game we went to BF and it was last hit last stock so it obviously was the stage >_>

ZSS is probably bad on wifi, but her **** side B can't be dodged on reaction like it can offline :[
Still, being able to play Dabuz is a good reason to be jealous D:< .

No juans, man, even when they are clearly justified. Duh.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol, all im gonna say is, if you didn't start off by saying johns after each match, i wouldn't of said anything like that (about never using shiek, 2 stock, ect., i mean, it was friendlies, there was no reason to put in johns) xD

also, i kinda lied about shiek, i used to use her quite a bit in 09 for lots of fun

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
lol, all im gonna say is, if you didn't start off by saying johns after each match, i wouldn't of said anything like that (about never using shiek, 2 stock, ect., i mean, it was friendlies, there was no reason to put in johns) xD

also, i kinda lied about shiek, i used to use her quite a bit in 09 for lots of fun
Sheik is a lot of fun, I must admit.

Also, not sure why you'd WANT to fight an Olimar, especially online. I mean, I have my Oli character now, and kinda know the MU, but if I can avoid an Olimar, I am happy.

Also, no johns Asdioh!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Olimar is a stupid character and I completely loathe anyone who mains him except for Hilt. I <3 that guy.

Pick TL, CP RC.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I also hate TL, although I've finally found out how to fight him, even if it's annoying. <3 Wolf.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Isn't Kirby stronger than Meta Knight? Putting a mask on him will hinder his broken powers. In the Kirby games.

Olimar is a stupid character and I completely loathe anyone who mains him except for Hilt. I <3 that guy.

Pick TL, CP RC.
So... your planning on running the whole match with Toon Link? Boring gameplay I'll say. >.>

Since I second Olimar, (because Pikmin is an amazing game), I'm use to him.

The TL Oli matchup is in Oli's favor. RC makes the MU better for TL, but it's not insta-win.

Oh, and fighting Kirby is a million times more annoying than Toon Link.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ugh, I go Mario or Wolf Vs Oli myself.

Nair/cape/FLUDD/Fireballs and Blaster/Shine all day!

Do you mean fighting Kirby as TL is more annoying than fighting TL as Kirby? I can't see how that can be.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If your a Kirby user that grabs a lot, then you will know how annoying Kirby truly is.

Everything that Kirby does is so ****. Grab combos, bair, inhale, dair to footstool, etc.

Whenever Kirby lands something like that on me, it means that I got *****, and that's not a good feeling. :ohwell:

Especially when your name is Kewk and you do that kind of stuff all the time.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
<_< Throwing **** @ someone while running away isn't boring. ITS FREAKING HILARIOUS. I use TL during dubz and against Oli becuz if all Oli wants to do is throw pikmin and grab, i'ma just throw **** and run.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Twinkie if you are ever put in those positions then you arent playing keep away right or that kirby is ****ing superior at powershielding

Grab combo=DI up and out...you are TL floaty as ****..thats not an auto-combo after the Up-air so the most you should ever be taking from the grab combo is 18%

if you got inhale'd you arent camping enough

you will never be able to avoid EVERY Bair...kirby is yellowstone national park..he is all about Bears

and Uhh A TL gettin dair to footstooled...not sure about that..that seems likely to happen if you recovery too obvious or too low.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
O Hai guyz

school started (again!?) and i got drafted to go. sucks not having anyone to play smash with because all these videos make me want to leave my seed on Twink's controller play again. Monster hunter tri died to me a long time ago after beating the two hardest monsters repeatedly and realizing that there was pretty much nothing left, and halo reach isn't out for another 2 weeks :(

had I not read all the pages after my last post, I would ask what's up around here. But I'm not going to. my mom's making me go out and mow the pants-err, i mean, lawn. So easy to confuse the two...

BBQTV

Smash Master
is true, kirby is an annoying mother****er on his own

now imagine someone who likes to be gay picks him up......

no red text cuz im on my phone

@tko although i didnt say it, what i said wasnt tl exclusive. i also meant "when it lands" and not that "it happens to me all the time".

and tater, im hiding my controllers in a place that no one will ever find! XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I gotta $10 MM @ my next tourny. I hate not knowing whether or not who I'm playing is near my level or better than me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

I'll try not to john about anything other than wifi.

And I'm going to be quite honest, your Sheik seemed better than both your Kirby and ZSS. I don't know if "better" is the right word, but you seemed to... make less mistakes? with Sheik, and I found it harder to punish.

Also, no johns Asdioh! Unless it's wifi!
No problem :p

New AiB ladder was SUPPOSED to start today but for some reason hasn't. Anyway, I'm going to try my hardest to win. I haven't played wifi seriously in 2010 except for like, this past week, but now that I'm alone again, with no smashers nearby, it's going to be my only way to get practice once again.

Of course, I'm going to lose to tons of scrubby players, and occasionally beat notable players, because that's how I do on wifi. ;_;

The TL Oli matchup is in Oli's favor. RC makes the MU better for TL, but it's not insta-win.

Oh, and fighting Kirby is a million times more annoying than Toon Link.
I'm not an amazing Toon Link, but I once played L_cancel in a bunch of friendlies, trying to figure out wtf to do/what character to use against Olimar. When I used Toon Link, I found that pikmin latching onto you = your bombs blowing you up. So Olimar pretty much makes TL's bombs unusable, and his arrows/boomerang don't exactly come out at a faster rate than Pikmin spam. It seems like a really hard matchup to me.

I have found that Fox's SHTL camping destroys Olimar's pikmin camping, because the angle he throws Pikmin at pretty much guarantees that they'll be hit by lasers, which stops them in their tracks, and Fox can spam harder than Olimar, meaning he'll usually force the approach :bee:

Top Bottom