• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm entering my 1st real brawl tourney in about a year and 1/2 this weekend. Wish me luck!

Hopefully my Kirby can still hold it down (I used to be on the FL power rankings with Kirby)!

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Well, I actually beat Alatreon after a good night's sleep, and and farming Devil Joe because I can. I still don't really have much else to do at home (only 1 friend lives anywhere near me, and is always on a vacation), so I shouldn't be long before my barlw calls me back. I was actually trying to texture hack, though probably only easier ones, like Kirby recolors or Jiggs, but I can't find a working download link.

Lol, but once I do come back to the fold, phale-fi will only continue to haunt me. And now I just realized that I forgot to bid on a pinnacle. I WILL have my video... someday.

There is still time...

And I would personally use either Carbon, Orange, or Emerald Kirby textures (or a custom I make myself when I get a working download).

Now for some lulz

For some reason I find that incredibly amusing

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
MU updates:

Falco short summary is up.
Wolf summary is up.
Sheik match-up discussion has been linked from the Sheik boards in the main Matchup Export directory we have in case anyone wants to read how bad we **** Sheik.
Oh so the Sheiks agree on this now? I remember vehemently arguing this with them a long time ago XD

I like BF or SV better than FD. At least there you can be a serious arse cake and go under ( or just float) for short periods of time when he camps. Rainbow Cruise FTW though. That is, assuming it wasn't banned while I was gone.
Except it's easier to air camp him on FD than on SV or BF due to the size and lack of platforms for him to put traps on (thereby increasing his stage control considerably). That being said, I prefer fighting Snake on Japes or Picto over Cruise as well.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ya when I chatted with the Sheik boards they were just talking about how Kirby shuts down a lot of what Sheik does.

BBQTV

Smash Master
match up
sheik vs kirby goes like this

sheik throws needles and runs away the whole match and hopes to timeout kirby lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

GIVE ME NOW.

Judo, the best Sheik I know, said it's like 70:30 Kirby's favor. I played him in a friendly to see what he meant. I wasn't really trying or anything, but I could see what he meant. Normally I see him do all sorts of crazy and impressive stuff against other characters, but when I played him it felt like playing other Sheik, and I didn't have much to worry about. I'm assuming the Sheiks listed it somewhere around 70:30?
Now Fox vs Sheik on the other hand... >_<

Toon Link's projectile spam should be countered by uh... I dunno, his projectiles are pretty easy to avoid to be honest. Fair/Bair simply go through arrows and boomerangs, all you have to watch out for are bombs. Watch for his projectile habits to try to find a way inside, where you have the advantage. Copy his power if you feel like it, though Kirby can't use arrows quite as well as he can.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
The main problem with TL isn't so much how hard the MU is, it's how ANNOYING it is. I do the MU best with Kirby, but I can't stand more than 1 set of that MU and end up switching to Wolf or Mario since it's not as stupid. Seriously, the frustration I feel when playing this MU makes it go from like 50-50-ish to 65-35 (AKA If I'm calm/patient, it's easy, then after a set or two, I can't stand it anymore, and start losing hard.)
I mean, TL has ridiculous projectile spam and great mobility, along with a good Zair. All this translates to you are going to be chasing him all game, trying to get in, but, since we suck at approaching and he's pretty good at stopping approaches, you pretty much have to chase him until you get close, then once your close bait and punish. Then the chase starts anew... So annoying...

That being said, TL's seem to do Zair to grab a lot if the Zair hits you out of a jump, since it works on characters that aren't Kirby/MK/Jiggz, and when they whiff that grab, that's pretty much always a guaranteed KO, which is nice.

Hate that MU with a passion though. Need to improve my Wolf so I can just always do the MU with him. Reflector + laser + Bair = haha, now you have to approach and try to get in. What now *****?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Might start doing that as well, if my friend teaches me the MU when he comes down. Think I'll stick with Wolf though. Nobody knows that MU and he has tools that allow him to not chase the ***** all across the map, which I hate doing.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Match up's I need to play more is Diddy Kong, and Ice Climbers, oddly enough I haven't played someone descent with these characters, I have to play them more before I go back to the tourney scenes. Characters I need to stop playing against would be Luigi, Lucas, Wolf, Pikachu, Lucario, Falco, and Zamus, I play them so much, I feel like performing my old habit, (just SD myself because I no longer care or get irritated). It's bad I don't play enough Snake's or Meta Knight's because those two are everywhere. ._.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Might start doing that as well, if my friend teaches me the MU when he comes down. Think I'll stick with Wolf though. Nobody knows that MU and he has tools that allow him to not chase the ***** all across the map, which I hate doing.
but mk can do the same thing every single time,

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
but mk can do the same thing every single time,
Well, not really. He closes the gap much easier, and gives TL a hard time, but here's the things:
-He still has to approach
-I have barely touched MK since I dropped him for Kirby over a year ago, so my MK is rusty.
-The TL I regularly play is good and is probably 2nd best TL in the MW, and I have no doubt he knows how to deal with MK better than I know how to A) play MK and B) Play the MK vs TL MU.

Now a good MK friend of mine from across the state is coming over next week, so if he gives me super MK training, maybe I'll consider using him on my bad MUs.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yes i was referring to that, and it true that mk can do the same thing every single time

If anything, Kirby is annoying.

It's just grabs all day. Btw, Zair to Grab is a true combo, but I'm not sure if it's true on Kirby. I know Zair to Nair is though. But if you really want to ruin a TL's day, just pick MK.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
If anything, Kirby is annoying.

It's just grabs all day. Btw, Zair to Grab is a true combo, but I'm not sure if it's true on Kirby. I know Zair to Nair is though. But if you really want to ruin a TL's day, just pick MK.
Haha, too true. However, Zair>Grab isn't a true combo on characters with multiple jumps, or at least not on Kirby, but it seems to be a combo ingrained into TL players' minds, and whiffed grab = grounded hammer. Yay!

A missed grab.

Toon Link's standing grab lasts 84 frames when missed. Pivot/Dashing grabs last 94.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I need to VENT OUT MY FRUSTRATION, and as such will not respond to the last few posts and RANDOMLY SWITCH to caps.

I lost my iTouch charger a few weeks ago. I got around to asking my sister if she had an extra, and she didn't, but said to try out her iPod Mini charger. IT WORKS. IT FREAKING CONNECTS TO MY IPOD.

It's also firewire. I do not own a Mac.

TIME TO BUY MYSELF ANOTHER CHARGER. I HATE THE WORLD.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A tornado hit the south side of PR and left both of my houses without electricity! I lost a 12-hour 2x event on Maple because of it! TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT! I could've been lv110 by now! asdfasfasdf Mother Nature doesn't give me snow first, and now gives me a tornado!

Triple R

Smash Lord
A tornado hit the south side of PR and left both of my houses without electricity! I lost a 12-hour 2x event on Maple because of it! TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT! I could've been lv110 by now! asdfasfasdf Mother Nature doesn't give me snow first, and now gives me a tornado!
Well you do have meta in your pic lol. But glad no one (Kewkky) is ok. Funny though, cause last wednesday a tornado went by 4 miles down the road from me lol. Luckily it was the weakest possible strength tornado on the national weather service's scale. Plus side is that that since I'm in the middle of no where right now all it really did was take down trees here and there lol.

Oh and I don't love snow. :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, lost my debit card a bit ago, and it sucks... I'm literally broke right now because I can't access the money in my bank account. Looking forward to Monday, so I can at least write myself a check and cash it for some money...

Top Bottom