• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Kirby's tilts (can) clash with Marth's f-smash and other attacks. That shows how awesome Kirby's tilts are. USE THEM!! Not just u-tilt, granted u-tilt is raep

On a side note, does any of you guys program in C?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Agreed with the previous 2 notes. It's also a good follow-up for Dtilt, Dair, Dthrow, Fthrow. Also, Dtilt = crouch hurtbox + hitbox that allows for follow-ups and shield pokes.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Actually, did you guys know Kirby's ftilt clashes with Lucario's fsmash if you hit the palm of his hand with your foot/disjoint? It's great for a mixed approach when you're on the ground and against an fsmashing Lucario.
I did not know this, thanks for the heads up though. :3

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
On a different note; people need to use Ftilt more as a ground spacing move. It comes out fast, comboes well, and has great range. Use it.
yes, in fact I recorded a set against my friend yesterday and used Ftilt a lot. in fact, I just searched youtube and he uploaded the matches a few hours ago.

This note is a good not.
I hate it when typos are confusing.

here's my set against my friend's Sonic. Matches 1 and 5 are using Fox. The amazing thing about this set is that he played amazingly well and it was shocking me. I mean, the whole day before that he was getting upset because he wasn't playing well and I kept owning him, then before I left we played this "serious set" and he suddenly became Super Sonic and I was like o_O what the hell

also he didn't tell me it was a "serious set" until after game 1 was over lol

1 2 3 4 5

tell me if anyone actually watches them. Sonic vs Kirby is kind of campy and boring to watch. All the sets took about 5 minutes or more x_x

edit: firefox is "waiting for b.scorecardsearch .com" and it's making me rage. Who do I blame? :mad:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Once, a long time ago (back in Melee days), I tried to F-smash a Marth right when he tried to F-smash me and it clashed! I thought for sure Kirby would lose the priority battle there (remember, this was Melee Kirby's F-smash, not Brawl Kirby's). After that, I experimented with F-tilt and it worked too!

This is one of the ancient secrets that I brought with me into Brawl. Shhh!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In a tournament like a year, or a bit more than that, ago... My friend tippered an fsmash on my shield as Marth. I then shieldgrabbed him without moving an inch. We paused the game and laughed pretty hard about how ******** Kirby's grab range is.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That wasn't exactly Kirby's grab-range, but rather Marth leaning forward and putting his hand within Kirby's reach. I agree, it does look pretty funny because you tend to slide backward from the hit at the same time. It just sucks when the momentum sends you off the ledge/platform and breaks the grab into a measly 3%.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That wasn't exactly Kirby's grab-range, but rather Marth leaning forward and putting his hand within Kirby's reach. I agree, it does look pretty funny because you tend to slide backward from the hit at the same time. It just sucks when the momentum sends you off the ledge/platform and breaks the grab into a measly 3%.
I know that now, after more learning and researching stuff about brawl. :p

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
It just sucks when the momentum sends you off the ledge/platform and breaks the grab into a measly 3%.
I agree, especially since landing a grab with Kirby can give so many rewards (especially if the opponent does not DI correctly). But even if the grab is released, at least Kirby can usually pull off another grab during the match anyways, right? ;) It should not be too difficult though, seeing as Kirby has stuby arms but has a huge grab range.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
we were talking about how good forward tilt is weren't we? I'm watching my matches and I use it a lot in matches 3 and 4 and it very rarely gets punished.

Useful move.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
It's not my fault I feel like stroking my
Once, a long time ago (back in Melee days), I tried to F-smash a Marth right when he tried to F-smash me and it clashed! I thought for sure Kirby would lose the priority battle there (remember, this was Melee Kirby's F-smash, not Brawl Kirby's). After that, I experimented with F-tilt and it worked too!

This is one of the ancient secrets that I brought with me into Brawl. Shhh!
You sound like one of those weird alpha-male ads (you guys get those too, right?). "This is one little-known, ancient form of seduction. It's guaranteed to work 100% of the time!"

Ftilt is pretty awesome. If they're close enough, you can string two together at the beginning of a stock and get 16%.

Chess camp has been amazing. Living with grandma for a week has its downsides, but I'm gonna come back for another week. Won't bore you with the specifics of chess.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Grandmas are usually like... masters of cooking.

@MH3:

Today I repeled Lagiacrus. I thought it would've been hard, but it was actually kinda easy. I did it in like, ~10min. It would've been a piece of cake if I had taken at least some pots with me.

If I think about it, slaying Gobul was harder (not to say annoying).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
They are (and she is), but she complains a lot and her ears don't work as well as they once did. But she's 80 and I should appreciate her blah blah blah...

BTW, what did you want to know if anyone can use C for?

You sound like someone who lives in his mom's basement. Just sayin' ...

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
im going to finally start hosting tournaments!

are these stages acceptable?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=280040
Hi. Don't believe we've met. I'm thrilla, and I stalk these boards from time to time from the shadows.

Well, lets see.

STARTERS
final destination
battlefield
smashvile
yoshi's island (BRAWL)
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise

COUNTERPICK
Rainbow Cruise
castle siege
brinstar
frigate orpheon
norfair
both pokemon stages
Halberd
It seems like a pretty standard list, but I did see a few things I would change. Delfino is strictly a CP. The stage tends to get in the way of some MUs and lends a big hand to some characters. I remember watching Larry (DEHF) and Jason (M2K) duke it out during the finals at tourneyplay4. Whenever this stage came up (they kept chosing this stage and BF and neither player would say no), the action would stop for nearly a minute at a time due to dumb stage transformations (such as the island with the inclines that go to the water or the pillars). The stage prohibited play because the risk was too great to attack each other, so they would wait until the stage transformed again to start fighting again. I personaly would argue that this stage shouldn't be on any stage list, but I'll be the first person to admit I'm really conservative.

The other five are pretty standard for neutrals and all work just fine.

The only other thing I see being an issue would be Pokemon Stadium 2 for the same types of reasons that Delfino shouldn't be on the neutral list, save that some transformations can make PS2 nearly unplayable. Ice can screw up character's ground games, and likewise the flying stage the air games. It shouldn't be available to pick IMO.

The rest of the list looks fine, I hope the tournament works out well for ya. GL!

*realizes he has blow his own cover and heads back into the shadows to lurk and play Plants vs. Zombies*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thrilla (omg it's Thrilla! <3) is right, and I'd add that Norfair is debatably a stage that you can take off, but it probably won't be a big deal if you leave it on.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Norfair is one of those stages where MK can be as gay as possible, so I would remove it from the stagelist. Delfino, I would move it to CP. PS2, well, you could try it out, but IMO it's not a good stage to have due to the many stage changes that affect the game's physics. And, I would add Pictochat to the list of counterpicks. :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i looooooove PS2 <3

i find it a fun cp for my characters. lol i just like it alot.

its a good stagelist and gl hosting the tourny BBQ ;D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, take Delfino off the neutrals. Having an even number of neutrals messes up stage striking anyway.

Also, while I admit I think Japes isn't a good stage, it does tend to be on more often than PS2 or Norfair.

EDIT:

Also, I have changed my mind on a few MUs these last few days. Most notably MK and ICs. MK is worse than I thought, but still doable IMO (I wasn't doing too bad, considering my opponent was vastly superior skill-wise and knows the MU), but playing Wolf vs MK and seeing just how much EASIER that MU, along with being shown we have pretty much no approach options and have to mindgame every hit pretty much, as well as not having the speed to punish MK's little lag made me realize just how bad the MU is.

As for ICs... I personally think it's better than I previously thought... IF you play it right, by which I mean time them out. Once Nana's dead, if you're at same stock, just get a % lead and stay away. Eventually he'll realize he can't catch up without Nana, and the only way to get her back is to SD, at which point he now has to get at least a kill to not suffer a time-out loss. Seriously, time those ****ers out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
As for ICs... I personally think it's better than I previously thought... IF you play it right, by which I mean time them out. Once Nana's dead, if you're at same stock, just get a % lead and stay away. Eventually he'll realize he can't catch up without Nana, and the only way to get her back is to SD, at which point he now has to get at least a kill to not suffer a time-out loss. Seriously, time those ****ers out.
I really think i'll do that.

How is MK gay in Norfair?

The ceiling is really high, so getting vertical kills for him is difficult. There's lava that could prevent gimps, as well as planking. MK COULD shark, but there are like a million platforms that you could move to, and he can't even shark well if you just stick to the bottom of the stage.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
i looooooove PS2 <3

i find it a fun cp for my characters. lol i just like it alot.
I like Pokemon Stadium 2 because the transformations requires a lot of strategy. As much as people don't like the transformation, it can lead to a better performance if you know what your doing during the field. Though Kirby does a little above average on PS2, it's fun to pick that stage. PS1 is a better choice for Kirby.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea ive actually worked at strategies on that stage and i actially dont mind the transformations ^^"

ZSS/Lucas both do better on PS1 vut i prefer PS2

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I always thought ZSS perform better on PS2... until the Electric field, lol. Lucas does very well on PS1, he can use almost every field this advantage, with the exception of the Water field. Only a hand full of characters can abuse the Water field, (Kirby, Meta Knight, and Pikachu mostly), but I could be wrong. XD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
actually you got it quite right Viper ;D

ZSS is awesome on both PS stages. Lucas is really good on Ps1 (exception being the water stage)

Plus my lovable jiggz has homefield advantage. How i love the Pokemon stadiums <3

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
\As for ICs... I personally think it's better than I previously thought... IF you play it right, by which I mean time them out. Once Nana's dead, if you're at same stock, just get a % lead and stay away. Eventually he'll realize he can't catch up without Nana, and the only way to get her back is to SD, at which point he now has to get at least a kill to not suffer a time-out loss. Seriously, time those ****ers out.
Hmm, never thought about doing that... Then again, the very few instances I ever do time out people, is when I want to time out S@nT for timing ME out.

I can't wait to try that out either. Not like I've had any trouble with ICs, since there's no good ICs in PR.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its not as fun as it sounds

its hard to style on ic's. horribly spaced bair or utilt and you are done...hate ics...but I like playing agressive ic's because thats when you get ledge hopped Inhales. inhaling either one of them=game...lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Not saying the MU is fun at all, but it's doable. I hate timing people out in general, but **** it, if I have to, then I will.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's true, if you want to beat Ice Climbers you have to play as gay as possible. I would say you have play even more gay than they do, and that's pretty gay.

Also, Norfair shouldn't be a counterpick. It sort of promotes camping, stalling, and timing out.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
BTW, what did you want to know if anyone can use C for?

You sound like someone who lives in his mom's basement. Just sayin' ...
I had programing in the 1st semester of college, and I learned the basics of C. And I want to get a job so I can finally move out of my mother's basement to build a program that can solve the bazillion calculations that are needed in my topography classes.

I need help because the compiler says there's something wrong with the algorithm (invalid use of array with unspecified bounds), and I can't figure how to solve this.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I'm home! It's good to finally be back. Chess camp was good, but I miss my down pillow, nice mattress, and town. BBQTV, I mostly agree with everyone else about the stagelist, I hope the tourney goes well! :)

Thrilla, my friend, it's been too long! So long, in fact, that I am reduced to just talking about how long it's been. THAT FRIGGIN' LONG. Stop lurking D:< .

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I'm home! It's good to finally be back. Chess camp was good, but I miss my down pillow, nice mattress, and town. BBQTV, I mostly agree with everyone else about the stagelist, I hope the tourney goes well! :)

Thrilla, my friend, it's been too long! So long, in fact, that I am reduced to just talking about how long it's been. THAT FRIGGIN' LONG. Stop lurking D:< .
Sorry. I'll try to be a bit more active. Chess camp?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I used to be in a chess club. Wasn't too good, but it was fun. Haven't played in a while though and only remember one opening.

Also, I <3 Wolf.

I remember being in the Chess Club back in high school.

I was an assistant for the chess club. I was the guy who set the tables up and took them back. I think I got last in the chess tournament though. I'm not sure if I beat anyone in my group, but I know I beat other people in other groups.

Chess is fun.

Top Bottom