• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
One man's trash is always greener on the other side.

... I'm guessing it suggests the trash grew some moss.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Gamefaqs say that Kirby Wii is coming out in March, should we believe them or should I just cry like I have been doing because there is no new Kirby game out in just about two years? T_T

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Wow... even TX got snow?

Maybe there's hope PR!
As if! :(

PR's temperature during winter goes up to like 95-100* Fahrenheit during the day, and 70-60* Fahrenheit during the night. That's sorta like 35-45* Celcius, right (I don't remember)?

We have no chance of seeing snow here unless Global Warming reaches such an advanced stage that the world as we know it ends (2012 much?). :(

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Gamefaqs say that Kirby Wii is coming out in March, should we believe them or should I just cry like I have been doing because there is no new Kirby game out in just about two years? T_T
True Kirby fans have no choice but to believe.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
With that kind of title, there should've been @ least one Kirbicide.
There are 5 clips of inhale related gimps. Most people escape before you can do a legit kirbycide, and most of the time, that's even better 'cuz you can usually follow up with a footstool/d-air/b-air. Spitting under the stage to gimp characters with poor recovery or stage spike them is also better than suiciding. Unless you've got a whole stock lead/is at very high percetages.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
There are 5 clips of inhale related gimps. Most people escape before you can do a legit kirbycide, and most of the time, that's even better 'cuz you can usually follow up with a footstool/d-air/b-air. Spitting under the stage to gimp characters with poor recovery or stage spike them is also better than suiciding. Unless you've got a whole stock lead/is at very high percetages.
Lol, I know it's better to footstool/dair/bair after an escape, or just spit under the stage but at the end of the vid, or the beginning, it just seems like there should've been a legit Kirbicide.

It's not a combo but it's flashy and aggravating (and full of win).

And I'm strictly speaking from a showcase vid standpoint. In an actual match obviously Kirbicide is situational to high percent + stock lead.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
It's actually char and/or di dependent. fromundaman has a thread about it...http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224822&

EDIT:

@JoWii: I actually didn't even think about just putting a clip of a legit kirbycide, even though I have some...where my opponent just respawned and I kirbycide out of the blue...

And the video had other title, but a changed it because it was the tag of a melee player :x

I may actually re-upload it with the edited title and your sugestion.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, Shao, you beat me to it!

That being said, that thread is pretty outdated, but most of the info should be correct.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ºC=[5x(ºF-32)]/9

95ºF=35ºC :)

68ºF=20ºC
You get 20ºC AT NIGHT? I'm almost sweating in that temperature :laugh:
Are you serious? Sweating at 68ºF? My God, don't come to PR unless you're staying at a hotel! In fact, my room's AC only goes down to 62ºF and I find it quite cold refreshing!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
It's 64 Fahrenheit right now where I live. I find it very comfortable but a bit chilly at times when there's wind.

I wish we had PR weather this weekend but there's a 20% chance of rain on Saturday.

EDIT: No snow in the mountains 2 hrs from where I live. I feel like Kewk only that I wouldn't drive two hours to see snow unless there was a lot and I knew the trip would be totally awesome.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Are you serious? Sweating at 68ºF? My God, don't come to PR unless you're staying at a hotel! In fact, my room's AC only goes down to 62ºF and I find it quite cold refreshing!
I was exagerating...I'm ok with temperatures up to ~25ºC/77ºF (which I already find hot). Where I live is overall nice...usually between 10ºC/50°F and 20ºC/68°F. But my city is known here in Brazil for having the 4 seasons in 1 day :laugh: (really cold morning, nearing 0ºC/32ºF, really hot afternoon, >68ºF, followed by heavy rain, and getting cold again during night) Summers are actually quite hot, going above 77ºF and winters it's not unusual to go under 32ºF. It's kinda ****ed up, you never know what to expect :x

@fromundaman:

I have lots play time against Marth, and I think he gets footstooled unless he DI away, because everytime my friend escaped and tried to jump, he got footstooled. I've never been footstooled out of an inhale by Marth.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was exagerating...I'm ok with temperatures up to ~25ºC/77ºF (which I already find hot). Where I live is overall nice...usually between 10ºC/50°F and 20ºC/68°F. But my city is known here in Brazil for having the 4 seasons in 1 day :laugh: (really cold morning, nearing 0ºC/32ºF, really hot afternoon, >68ºF, followed by heavy rain, and getting cold again during night) Summers are actually quite hot, going above 77ºF and winters it's not unusual to go under 32ºF. It's kinda ****ed up, you never know what to expect :x
That's really nice, but I bet it's annoying to have so much rain all the time. I personally dislike humidity, it makes me feel all sticky and gets me in a bad mood. :ohwell:

The trick with kirbicide>footstool is to know which characters you have to time your footstools for. Some characters break a little higher than where Kirby is whent he break happens, and others break a bit lower. If they're higher, just mash the jump button. If they're lower, wait a few frames then jump for the footstool.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Texas right above Austin where I live just got a small little snow flurry (it was like...30 something last night). It's cold here...I'm sad about it.

Edit: So...I'm heading to Phase 6 next week. Any other kirbies in TX?

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
That's really nice, but I bet it's annoying to have so much rain all the time. I personally dislike humidity, it makes me feel all sticky and gets me in a bad mood. :ohwell:

The trick with kirbicide>footstool is to know which characters you have to time your footstools for. Some characters break a little higher than where Kirby is whent he break happens, and others break a bit lower. If they're higher, just mash the jump button. If they're lower, wait a few frames then jump for the footstool.
Lol, I was gonna ask you about that, when I was in Jamaica for vacation (the land of crack stands right outside the resort), It was so humid I swear I was swimming every time I exited the building. And the ocean water has to be, what, 80, 90 degrees? (Fahrenheit). But to think you came all the way to Maryland for Pound 4... Holy crap. I got at least 16-22 inches of snow up in PA, maybe I'll pack it in a cooler and mail you some!

And about the footstool thing, is there a list on which characters each scenario applies to? Because I've even gotten killed by a footstool out of my attempted Kirbycide.

>.>
<.<

PIE FLAVOR

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
But my city is known here in Brazil for having the 4 seasons in 1 day :laugh:.
Wow, we have a couple of Puerto Ricans (Kewk+Flan), a Dutch person (Tiersie), a Brasileiro (Shao), a Mexican dude (me) and people from all over the US posting in here. I wonder if this is the most internationally diverse GD thread on Smashboards.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

True, but the characters who break higher can also FS you if they mash jump. (MK is a perfect example.)

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
And on the topic of assistance, every time I attempt the "Grab>F-throw>U-air>Turn>U-tilt>B-air as necessary" version of the classic Gonzo Tater combo, I always end up either not turning, U>smash-ing, or doing it too late, is there some kind of trick to getting it down to a SCIENCE! (shout out to Luc. boards)?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And on the topic of assistance, every time I attempt the "Grab>F-throw>U-air>Turn>U-tilt>B-air as necessary" version of the classic Gonzo Tater combo, I always end up either not turning, U>smash-ing, or doing it too late, is there some kind of trick to getting it down to a SCIENCE! (shout out to Luc. boards)?
Yeah there's a trick to it, but last times I played, I also was doing random usmashes every now and then. I think you can't buffer the utilt, or it'll be an usmash, so you have to get the timing down for non-buffered reverse utilts.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm gonna go with the MK boards, there's so many tier whores in there that there's bound to be SOMEBODY from nearly every part of the world. Still, we do have a nice diverse community here.
lol yeah maybe. The ICs boards have iStudy from Holland, and E-alert (Who I met at Genesis, he sucks btw) from Australia.

Also, Is lovely from Japan of is he/she just there for school?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's snowing in South Carolina now :D!
Man, this is what I call "winter" for USA. Snowing everywhere and in good amounts! Snowmen, snowball fights, snow angels, sledding, ice-skating on lakes, all of that TV nonsense!

... I wanna be a part of it sometime. :(

T-nuts

Smash Ace
KEWKKY I HAVE AN URGENT AND HORRIFYING NEWS STORY. I NEED YOU TO STOP WHAT YOURE DOING, AND PAY ATTENTION.

its snowing where i am :D

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
KEWKKY I HAVE AN URGENT AND HORRIFYING NEWS STORY. I NEED YOU TO STOP WHAT YOURE DOING, AND PAY ATTENTION.

its snowing where i am :D
Dammit, I actually didn't even think you were gonna say that! :mad:

If at the next national I'll go to during winter, it doesn't snow, I will main ZSS and secondary Kirby! :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You could probably guess, but it's snowed where I live too. Got like, almost a foot a few days ago, or something.

All I know is that it was a lot to shovel, and working at a grocery store and pushing carts in snow/slush = suck

Oh yeah, some lady at work got a $1010 order, so a dude and I helped her get her 3 carts of stuff into her car and I got a $5 tip :D
Apparently it was for her church's mission to send people to Brazil or whatever.

Top Bottom