• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
*Goes back to old topic*
Where I live we pretty much get year round summer weather but in the winter months I can drive to Tecate and see some snow if I want to. I can also drive up to Julian, see the snow and buy a tasty pie. =D

Also I figured Piñalechuga might be made up, lol. idk why I got curious about asking haha.

And to finish this post, I love your sig Viper. What C4Ds did you use?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
*makes fun of kewkky about snow and stuff*

I went to a tournament yesterday too. I did extremely well. Beat some amazing players, and lost to an olimar (Hilt). Ended up with 2nd. I also won doubles so yay! Midwest kirbys need to get together so we can show everyone that kirby is an amazing character :3.
GJ repping kirby man. :D

That calls for some Hyperbolic Time Chamber action.
Is this a DBZ reference, or have I been reading/watching too much of that lately?

I bet I left some good impressions with the people I played with!
That's what she said.

Oh. =C

On the plus side Feb. 10th is 2/10

Second and Tenth letters of the alphabet. ;)

There. Now it's awesome.
Nice job making an awesome innuendo. :lick:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That calls for some Hyperbolic Time Chamber action. Time to look for videos, theorize, and learn by yourself since depending on others actually hinders your improvement!

... I'm serious in what I said, by the way. Learning directly from other players isn't the best way to improve. Might I suggest picking up different characters? maybe a good high-tiered secondary? Lower tiers are all nice, but you want to improve, not push your current skill to its limits.

I might not be midwest, but I bet I left some good impressions with the people I played with!
Actually, if you're picking up characters to improve (AKA to learn how to play them correctly to get improve the areas where you are weak, rather than to cover MUs or use in tournament), then the tier is not what matters. Certain characters are stronger at certain things then others. For example, if you need to work on spacing, pick up Marth or Lucario. If you need help with tech-chasing, then Sonic and Ganon are good characters to pick up. For mindgames, a lot of characters are good, but Sonic is a good one to pick up, since his character is pretty much based around them. For comboing, characters like ZSS and Shiek are good. For gimping, MK and Mario are some good options. For aircamping, you could pick up Wario.

Obviously, there are more than just the characters I list that are good in those areas, but you get my point, right?

The original reason I picked up Mario, after all, along with him being fun, was because he required all the things I seemed to lack when I started using him. I also picked up Sonic to help with my mindgames (and because I enjoy him).

Joey... I'll watch your videos, but I don't think I'll be able to give you much advice, considering the ONLY Oli experience I have at all is losing about 2 sets to Hilt.
YbM and Asdioh might be more useful though...

Kewk, did you play Hilt at Pound?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So, seeing the Saints land a decisive victory over the Colts made my weekend of working at my Colts-sponsoring grocery store and putting up with hearing "Go Colts!" all weekend TOTALLY worth it.

:D

T-nuts

Smash Ace
So, seeing the Saints land a decisive victory over the Colts made my weekend of working at my Colts-sponsoring grocery store and putting up with hearing "Go Colts!" all weekend TOTALLY worth it.

:D
lol. i know you live in indy but the saints were "americas team." what you put up with in indy, everyone else in the country put up with EVERYWHERE for the saints.

seeing the saints land a decisive victory over the colts made my weekend of hearing "go saints!" continue to suck.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That's what she said.
Are you telling me that he can't say that?

his is the part where you say "touché". ;)

Actually, if you're picking up characters to improve (AKA to learn how to play them correctly to get improve the areas where you are weak, rather than to cover MUs or use in tournament), then the tier is not what matters. Certain characters are stronger at certain things then others. For example, if you need to work on spacing, pick up Marth or Lucario. If you need help with tech-chasing, then Sonic and Ganon are good characters to pick up. For mindgames, a lot of characters are good, but Sonic is a good one to pick up, since his character is pretty much based around them. For comboing, characters like ZSS and Shiek are good. For gimping, MK and Mario are some good options. For aircamping, you could pick up Wario.
Your risk:rewards factor when playing lower tiers is much more unbalanced than with high tiers. Lower tiers require too much skill to win with, whereas higher tiers require less. If you're versing a very high-level opponent that adapts and mixes up, lower tiers won't suffice due to their limitations, but higher tiers can give you the options to adapt and outplay them. When I said Joey should learn higher tiers, I also meant to say that if he learns a higher tier, along with getting better as a player, he'll also be able to use that character for other high-level matches, where lower tiers would require a greater amount of skill to reach the same goal. :ohwell:

Obviously, there are more than just the characters I list that are good in those areas, but you get my point, right?
I do, dontcha worry about that!

The original reason I picked up Mario, after all, along with him being fun, was because he required all the things I seemed to lack when I started using him. I also picked up Sonic to help with my mindgames (and because I enjoy him).
I tried picking up Samus, Lucario, Snake, Jigglypuff, MK (after the last "ban MK" poll), Ike and Olimar in that order, but failed at them all... Only characters I stayed with were Kirby and ZSS, they just "clicked" and made the game fun for me.

Kewk, did you play Hilt at Pound?
Sadly, nope. LuigiMAX played Logic and Car2n played Hilt... But I didn't play any olimars. In all seriousness, the most people I played were MKs, Snakes, and Kirbies asking me for dittos (Poyo even tried to MM me for $1.00, but I didn't even have a buck on me, so we just played friendlies. After that, it was a 3-way Kirby ditto with Chu, then Hum joined in and we made a 4-player kirby Battle Royale for a bit... heh).

Triple R

Smash Lord
So about that new DACUS thingy. I could do it with falco when I was testing it out, but I couldn't manage to do it with kirby, at least I don't think I did it. I did a little scoot every once in awhile, but it didn't go anywhere at all, so I doubt I was actually doing it.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I wen't to a tournament yesterday too. I did extremely well. Beat some amazing players, and lost to an olimar (Hilt). Ended up with 2nd. I also won doubles so yay! Midwest kirbys need to get together so we can show everyone that kirby is an amazing character :3.
Go zeni!

Did you get stuff recorded?

Edit: found some, great kirby, you roll an aweful lot though 0.o, aslo do you always bair that much or is that matchup dependant?

Double edit: in the second match you get waay to gready for an fsmash for some reason, which is totally unnecessary because you baited and punished great in the first match =o

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So about that new DACUS thingy. I could do it with falco when I was testing it out, but I couldn't manage to do it with kirby, at least I don't think I did it. I did a little scoot every once in awhile, but it didn't go anywhere at all, so I doubt I was actually doing it.
Well, it's not a huge boost, but for some reason, neither is Falco's (unless I was doing that one wrong). It's more than a hyphen smash, but not great. Only real use I see for it, other than occasionally after a spotdodge, is after a FFed Fair or Dair, though there are other things you could do in both situations as well.

It's nowhere near as useful as I'd have hoped, but it can be a decent mixup.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Go zeni!

Did you get stuff recorded?

Edit: found some, great kirby, you roll an aweful lot though 0.o, aslo do you always bair that much or is that matchup dependant?

Double edit: in the second match you get waay to gready for an fsmash for some reason, which is totally unnecessary because you baited and punished great in the first match =o
Wifi Kirby = Wifi Habits haha. I roll a lot, and i'm trying to fix it. any tips on easier ways to fix it would be great, because playing wifi won't help fixing a wifi habit @_@. Bair is required for the character that i played before Mario, Olimar. I get too greedy for kills too, second time it's stopped me from getting a higher placing in a tournament haha. I have moments where i space, bait, and punish for kills, and then i have moments where i space, bait, and get hasty and want to kill NOW. I shouldn't have bair'd that much against Mario really, but its definetly a must against Olimar. if i do a tilt, jab, grab, or uair? i'll get punished for it for sure. Spacing Bair, Fair, and punishing with Dair into other things is the only way to beat Olimar. Thanks for the tips btw :).

Also, sadly, i don't think any of my matches with hilt got recorded.. :'(. They were pretty good too (why does losers get recorded but not winners or grand finals? >_>)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm not sure it's possible to hit on someone with a bat, but you can hit them with it. I...am...grammarnazi!
Once again, "That goes to show you just how little you know about the real world, wee boy".

;)

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Okay, I got THAT.

But what does it have to do with "2/10"
2/10, that's 2 and 10... 2nd letter in the alphabet. 10th letter in the alphabet.

Next time you reply, help me out here and type those two letters one after the other, please. :bee:

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I... Like the fact I haven't missed ANYTHING since I haven't read this for a few days. :p

That 2/10 thing cracked me up though. Haha.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm not sure it's possible to hit on someone with a bat, but you can hit them with it. I...am...grammarnazi!
Don't doubt Kewkky. He has crazy mindgames. While you sit there trying to figure out how he could possibly hit on you with a bat, he'll eat you and dance around in your skin.
ZOINK! TWBB references!

Okay, I got THAT.

But what does it have to do with "2/10"
That was the date his Bday is on :p

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ahh, I really like the Kirby community. Even the best Kirbies are nice and non-elitistic, in comparison to some other character forums and their communities.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*insert Marth here*

*insert some other character boards I don't know about here*

*maybe Meat Knight*

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Speaking of exams...

... I should be studying for a Calculus exam tomorrow. I cut the last 3 classes so I gotta take in 6 hours' worth of math before 4:30pm tomorrow... I'm glad, cuz i got a buttload of time left. But I don't want to keep postponing it any longer, so... Lurking for me for now.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ahh, I really like the Kirby community. Even the best Kirbies are nice and non-elitistic, in comparison to some other character forums and their communities.
Psh, you suck, nublet!
...even if you are like 80 times better than I am...

Also Asdioh, some of the Mario boards are kind of elitists, ironically enough :p

Top Bottom