• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Icyo

Smash Ace
Really? I thought it was one of the worst Kirby games. Most of the enemies came from Kirby Dreamland 3, some of the songs as well. But that being said, there is no bad Kirby game. =P
Maybe because it was the first Kirby game I fully played lol. Nonetheless I still found it pretty entertaining for a good while.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah Terry is awesome. I really like Athena as well but I can't find a third character to use with that team. I'll figure it out if I decide to start playing.

This one dude on campus plays a ridiculous King+Joe+Kim team. Kim as an anchor is hardcore.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Maybe because it was the first Kirby game I fully played lol. Nonetheless I still found it pretty entertaining for a good while.
Well, as long as you enjoyed it. I did as well. =P

Candy Mountain (lol) > Floats Island
Dark Meta Knight & Candy Costellation > Candy Mountain. Only one song from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror in Brawl while Kirby Super Star has around 3-4 and it's the Amazing Mirror song that doesn't fit the stage. ._.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I love the Baten Kaitos series myself. Just got Origins about 2 weeks ago and I can't stop playing it. It feels a lot shorter than the original though, and only 3 characters makes me kind of sad, though they are def/ better than some of the ones you got in the original (I hated Savina with a passion). That being said, Mizuti and Khalos were both cooler than even Guillo, so meh.

Also, I'm on disc 2 in Anuenue, and really hoping there'll be some crazy, unforseeable plot twists like the first one had. So far Origin's storyline seems pretty basic... :(

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
College takes a lot of time out of me. :(

When will my student loan check arrive... :grrr:

Also, I won't be going to anymore USA tourneys until at least December '10, when I'm done buying what I need for this semester and the next.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
College takes a lot of time out of me. :(

When will my student loan check arrive... :grrr:

Also, I won't be going to anymore USA tourneys until at least December '09, when I'm done buying what I need for this semester and the next.
So... you're not coming back until 3 months ago, or 999 years and 9 month from now? :laugh:

So no Showdown then? :(

Also, would you be pissed if I told you we have had snow pretty much nonstop (on the ground that is. It's been snowing, then melting, then snowing again, but there has always been at least SOME snow) since the week after you left?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So... you're not coming back until 3 months ago, or 999 years and 9 month from now? :laugh:
*facepalm*

I am lol.

So no Showdown then? :(
Id've liked to go, but well... Other priorities must be answered first. : \

Also, would you be pissed if I told you we have had snow pretty much nonstop (on the ground that is. It's been snowing, then melting, then snowing again, but there has always been at least SOME snow) since the week after you left?
Yes.

But I pretty much figured that would've happened, Mother Nature hates me like that. this is the 2nd time it's happened, I go to USA in the middle of winter to see snow and after I leave it starts snowing. askjnkgjernerb :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I've been messing around with BrawlBox and all that shiz to make textures, character selection portraits and battle portraits, custom music, and I've made a Grape Kirby :o What do you guys think?

And if any of you is interested, I can take requests to make CSPs/BPs, and maybe music.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
It's really easy and quick to install homebrew. If you want, I can give you a link.

EDIT: I just got robbed...me and my friend were going to a bar to play some pool, and a mother****** takes 30 from each and my drivers license...******...FML

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wait what, how did that happen Shao?

o_O

And nice Kirby. Grape Kirby texture is what I've wanted for so long.

I personally like this one better:
probably because it's a little darker, but that one has 404'd on me forever so yeahhhh.

just for comparison

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet
Dark Meta Knight & Candy Costellation > Candy Mountain. Only one song from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror in Brawl while Kirby Super Star has around 3-4 and it's the Amazing Mirror song that doesn't fit the stage. ._.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the bestest game I've ever played.

The problem is, I lack the manual dexterity and speed to play other games, like I got the download for LoZ:OoT and I was like "YAYAYAYAYAY I GOTS A SWORD" and then some plant comes out of nowhere and kills me and i'm like WTF.

In short, I never got past the tree dungeon.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the bestest game I've ever played.

The problem is, I lack the manual dexterity and speed to play other games, like I got the download for LoZ:OoT and I was like "YAYAYAYAYAY I GOTS A SWORD" and then some plant comes out of nowhere and kills me and i'm like WTF.

In short, I never got past the tree dungeon.
How in the world do you manage to play Smash brothers then?

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Wait what, how did that happen Shao?

o_O
We were going to the bar we always go, and it's kinda near from my friends house, so we always go walking. We're making the same path as usual, when a guy approaches us and asks if we'd like to buy some weed...we say no and move along. But he starts to go with us, making friendly chat and stuffz, and saying that we don't have to worry, because he will do nothing, even if he has a gun, and proceeds to show us the gun.

He then asks how to go some place, and I point it out to him that he's got to go north and take a bus. He thanks me for being honest, and ask if I've got money to give him for a bus pass. I say no, then he asks my friend. He says no to, but the guy starts cursing him saying he saw him put the money on his pocket (total BS btw) and tells him to give the money. When my friend opens his pocket, he puts his hand, taking all his money and almost taking his house key. He then does the same with me, taking everything in my pocket, including my drivers license :mad:...He then says that if we follow him (LOL) he was gonna use his gun.

Luckily, for the first time ever, me and my friend left our cellphones and wallets at his house. So he only took money and unfortunately my drivers license (I was going to use it in case they asked for my ID at the bar, since it's only +18)

EDIT: just sent you the vids Asdioh, your Kirby is looking good. The pivot grabs? Legit :D You just need more MU experience against Marth.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
How old was he? And he was carrying the gun on one of his hands, right? If he just showed it to you then put it away again... Man, what a stupid robber. I would've jammed my fingers in his eye as hard as I can with a frame 3 ftilt, then... *cue Super Theoryfighter Bros*

In PR, a couple of smashers went to BK after a tourney, and that same moment some robbers showed up and robbed the place. The only thing they took from the smashers was, however, 5 bucks. The guy said that's all he had and insisted that it was the truth, but in reality he had his cellphone, a very nice watch, a $20.00, and who knows what else.

Robbers are dumb cuz they're always in a hurry, and just take what they can before everything goes wrong. :ohwell:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
****, you got mugged? o_o
When you said you got robbed I didn't think "at gunpoint" I thought you left your wallet somewhere (stupidly) and it got stolen. Jeez.

But he had his gun away? There were 2 of you... I know it's not worth the risk but hey, "My friend and I beat up a robber and got him arrested" sounds pretty ******.

And yeah, that was the first Marth I played offline since like, last April. XD
I think I did alright...I lost game 2 on FD, I got Fsmash tippered a lot in that match too >_>

Triple R

Smash Lord
2 tippered fsmash and a broken shield in one match!?!?!? 0_o someone needs more marth experience lol :p It would a good match though, i just watched it.

Kirby can grab marth inbetween his sideb right? I think it's in between the 2nd or 3rd or maybe the 3rd and 4th. probably depends on what direction he's doing, i just know i grab marth's outta side b sometimes.

Thinking of smashville in general. are people aware that kirby can do that dairing at the height of your jump on the platform so you auto stand thing? I know other characters are more well known for it, but kirby can do it too.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Shao I feel ya dude. Happened to me last year around Christmas. Getting off work at Gamestop and a guy pulls a gun on me, my manager, and my co-worker. He makes off with their wallets but thanks to my hatred of purses I had left mine in the car so he didn't get anything from me. But all I could think was "I really don't want to know what it feels like to be shot right now." >.<

Did you call the cops or anything? They caught my guy about a week later.

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet
I meant the manual dexterity and speed part. Smash requires a lot more than LoZ does :p
Well, more specifically on the LoZ thing, I was having trouble with the seizure spider arachnid queen/king. I had to stun her/him/it, so i do stun... it, with a deku nut. Then i press attack, but instead i draw my sword, and then it mobilizes again.

In Smash, i figured a button combonation that makes comboing easier.

Plus smash is 2d.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-DeMLRxG4

ok, I want all of you to get at least as good as this Kirby.

That includes me.
I'll try. :(

Oh, and here's my Match against Marth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqAU4JvpfQ

pretty good match imo, if only I didn't die at such low % -_-
Reminds me of my set against Fonz's Lucario... I play against a couple of Lucarios here in PR, but their playstyle is different and I got accustomed to punishing their mistakes, so I got punished for trying to punish stuff that shouldn't be punished (...). Since we're putting up vids... :lick:

Next time I go to USA for another tourney I'll be ready. I take Pound 4 as a "learning experience" and saw how people play in USA. Now I know what mistakes to watch out for (finally I lost a match against someone new and got it recorded), and to stay paying attention to who my opponent uses and their positioning even as I string/combo them, instead of going on auto-mode when I get the first hit in.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I took Pound 4 as a "get back into this game" experience. Unfortunately, that tends to happen at almost every tourny I go to, since they tend to be months apart and I get no practice in between... Ah well, hopefully this'll be the last time since I'm starting to actually get regular offline practice now.

Also Shao, that sucks! I hope he gets caught and your stuff gets returned. I just don't understand thieves... (Except dumpling thieves that 360 dunk them in the sauce :laugh: )

EDIT: Meh, I have some recent videos up actually, from the guy I practiced with, but sadly he only saved 3, all 3 which happened later in the night, when we were tired; which is too bad, because we both had some 'combo material' worthy matches earlier :laugh:

That being said, if you could tell me what I need to practice most, it would help, so here they are, even if they aren't very good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9802w5ivv_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY6lrbgNNmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkjKMnem1KA

Funny thing is, I came across an old video of my Mario (from June. Holy **** I sucked back then! Well, worse anyway.) getting ***** while looking for these XD

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
@ Flan: What exactly is piñalechuga? Is it like lechuguilla but Puerto Rican?

@Shao: That whole robbery thing sucks balls dude. I've been really close to cop/cartel shootouts (totally different I know) but having the threat aimed directly at you must be a completely different type of surprise/shock.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I love how perfect Kewkky's grabs were in the first match. Any moar matches?
I thought my matches vs Seibrik were being recorded during our match cuz him and Fonz connected a laptop to the TV and whatnot. Turns out only Fonz saved his replays, so that's my only set recorded. I reeeeally wanted my matches vs Seibrik recorded... :(

Tiersie

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL-DeMLRxG4

ok, I want all of you to get at least as good as this Kirby.

That includes me.
I'm impressed at the way he fastfalls almost everything perfectly, also the turnaround shieldgrab around 5:30 was pretty sexy.

I still mess up on more fastfalls than I'd like to =(

And I'm surprised at how little utilts he uses :O maybe I should start airdodging more.

Edit: why does every kirby play against lucario all of a sudden? :laugh:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm impressed at the way he fastfalls almost everything perfectly, also the turnaround shieldgrab around 5:30 was pretty sexy.

I still mess up on more fastfalls than I'd like to =(

And I'm surprised at how little utilts he uses :O maybe I should start airdodging more.

Edit: why does every kirby play against lucario all of a sudden? :laugh:
Cuz Lucarios have this deluded dream that they're higher on the tierlist than Kirby. :lick:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
how did the matches against seibrik go ?
I went 1-2 against him, but he told me afterwards that he was extremely surprised due to how well I played against his MK (I think that I 2-stocked him the only one I won, or it was a 1-stock low %). Actually, a couple of people (MK mainers mostly) told me I was the best "Kirby vs MK" player they've seen by far. I wanted to see my matches after that, but guess my wish didn't come true.

Top Bottom