• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Having people close to you who you usually don't brawl is worse than having no one:(.

I can.
...because there's no way a competitive gamer could get laid. What, did you think there was another reason?
No, the point is I have people nearby, but they spend more time complaining about not being good than practicing, and as such, they never want to actually play. So the end result is the same as having no one to play against, but with the added bonus of having the knowledge there are others nearby so you SHOULD have opponents readily available...

Also, your reason is wrong. I am proof :laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have one guy in my city that plays but doesn't go to tournies, and is usually busy anyway, and the nearest from here is one guy 45 minutes away that mains Mario (though he's really really good with him, it's Xeroxen) and he has a friend that plays but also doesn't really go to tourneys.

Other than that I'd have to drive 2+ hours to play anyone, unless I want to practice Melee then there are some people 45 minutes away.

Can't really get much worse than that >_>

And I'm going to guess that my wifi isn't amazing, what with it being wireless and a good distance away from the main router XD
I mean it's good, but I sometimes get complaints of lag even if I don't notice anything o_o
I dunno man
I haven't really played wifi at anyone else's house so I wouldn't know if there's a difference between my connection and an amazing one.

I drank this can of Yoohoo in like 30 seconds and it made me thirstier :/

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
(Little late but....)

DID HE PUNCH A LION!?!?!?!?!?! :p
I had a ton of fun in the chat when people kept asking that. xD

No, the point is I have people nearby, but they spend more time complaining about not being good than practicing, and as such, they never want to actually play. So the end result is the same as having no one to play against, but with the added bonus of having the knowledge there are others nearby so you SHOULD have opponents readily available...

Also, your reason is wrong. I am proof :laugh:
Your people could play once in a while though. Mine can't, since they don't exist.

Also, your reason for saying my reason is wrong is wrong. It might mean that I'm wrong, or it could mean that you're not a competitive smasher.

dayuum yo, I be all wickity-wack! In yo grill! And stuff. Yo.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
so asdioh who do you main in smash 64? im curious because we main the same characters in melee and in brawl. something tells me we're gonna main the same character in 64 too.

also, yes, wifi is horrible.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Did anyone post Kirby's hitboxes while I was gone during winter break?

If not I found a video of it, not the best in my opinion though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiyTxKqafJs
That vid got posted somewhere earlier in this thread. It's pretty good (and possibly the only of its kind), but it's missing a few hitboxes (usmash and ground hit of dair, for example).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I feel the need to defend myself. My pride as a man has been injured.

No, I am not a virgin. I'm in 3rd year college, for crying out loud! Who doesn't get laid by then? :dizzy:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so asdioh who do you main in smash 64? im curious because we main the same characters in melee and in brawl. something tells me we're gonna main the same character in 64 too.

also, yes, wifi is horrible.
Who do you think? *points at avatar*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496

No, I am not a virgin. I'm in 3rd year college, for crying out loud! Who doesn't get laid by then? :dizzy:
Haha, you know I'm just messing with you. After all, we will both cherish that fateful night... :laugh:

Also, your reason for saying my reason is wrong is wrong. It might mean that I'm wrong, or it could mean that you're not a competitive smasher.

dayuum yo, I be all wickity-wack! In yo grill! And stuff. Yo.
Dayum! You got me! This explains why I suck. I need to get rid of my girl ASAP!

By which I mean Kewkky.

I could make SOOOOOOOOOO many your mom jokes here....

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Please feel free to make as many jokes as you would like.

Also, I'm interested in seeing what secondaries appeal to certain mains. Someone tried to see if there was a correlation between ages but that person failed to show that with his data.

ZZS, Pika, Marth and Mario seem to be popular secondaries among the Kirby crowd.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I seem to keep Mario for my second best on every Smash Bros, though on 64 I played better with Yoshi than Mario, but other than that, Kirby and Mario characters I love to play with, Ness grew on me in Brawl is the reason I second him as well.

Ladybug

Smash Lord

My current boyfriend and my ex boyfriend... >.>

Uhhh.... Until they met me. *sheepish*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
She's a man eater
makes you work hard
♪ Make you spend hard
Make you want all, of her love
She's a Man eater
Make you buy cars
Make you cut cards
Wish you never ever met her at all! ♪

Like that?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Question, how many Kirby games have you played to like the Kirby music?

Also Yoshi's Island last boss is one of my top favorite VGM currently. I only wish Yoshi's Island DS had an epic soundtrack but no dice. D=

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hmm...dream land 2, kirby 64, super star ultra, a little of squeak squad, and I can't remember more at the moment.

I mean, Kirby games are okay, and the music's pretty good, it's just that I have so much more fun with other games (Zelda, Mario, Star Fox 64) and they have epicer music.

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet
hmm...dream land 2, kirby 64, super star ultra, a little of squeak squad, and I can't remember more at the moment.

I mean, Kirby games are okay, and the music's pretty good, it's just that I have so much more fun with other games (Zelda, Mario, Star Fox 64) and they have epicer music.
Green Greens > Epic

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Today was weird. When I get to work I find out that someone shot at my library at 12:30ish this afternoon and we still haven't found the bullet. Then as I'm shelving in the Chinese section of the world language area, a Chinese guy asks me if I'm Chinese or Korean because apparently I look mixed. I'm (or at least most of me from my ancestors) French!

A friend of mine just fixed the music on his Wii and a lot of the stage songs he picked were from Kirby games. Kirby and Final Fantasy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

No Dremaland 1, 3, Kirby Adventure, Air Ride or Amazing Mirror?!? )=

Oh well options are options. =P

Green Greens > Epic
Floats Island/Ripple Field > Green Greens. =P

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Crystal Shards has to be the best Kirby game of all time.
Really? I thought it was one of the worst Kirby games. Most of the enemies came from Kirby Dreamland 3, some of the songs as well. But that being said, there is no bad Kirby game. =P

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Today was weird. When I get to work I find out that someone shot at my library at 12:30ish this afternoon and we still haven't found the bullet. Then as I'm shelving in the Chinese section of the world language area, a Chinese guy asks me if I'm Chinese or Korean because apparently I look mixed. I'm (or at least most of me from my ancestors) French!

A friend of mine just fixed the music on his Wii and a lot of the stage songs he picked were from Kirby games. Kirby and Final Fantasy.
Strangely enough, I've gotten that as well (asked if I'm chinese), even though I clearly don't look Asian and am about 95% french (Born in France and emigrated to the States, though my grandma was part Algerian, so I guess there's some of that going through me.).

Crystal Shards was amazing, it was my first Kirby game. But...... no hats :(

I like Super Star better though.
This x100.

Also, I really like the Kirby music TBH. Nintendo tends to have good VG music in general though. Well... Earthbound and FE musics are kind of boring to me, and Starfox and Metroid were only okay, but other than that they are all good (though some of the Zelda songs are meh to me, while the others amazing.).
Mario music is the best though, especially songs from SMRPG.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
yeah, really kirby games are only average in my opinion, but i find the music to be quite good. gourmet race and butter building are sick. my favorite, though, is grape garden from kirbys adventure, absolutely awesome song.

Top Bottom