• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Good luck at the tournies, Asidoh and Ladybug. Hi, mango, welcome to the kirby boards! I have a similar situation to you...I live in Ithaca NY, no one's ever heard of it and NYC is a 6 hour drive away, at least. It's not farmland and such (we have 2 colleges, Ithaca College and Cornell University, which is an ivy league), but there's still no one to brawl with around here. D:

I've got all the cool moves! And tons of money! And I'm the only reason smash boards exists!

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet
Good luck at the tournies, Asidoh and Ladybug. Hi, mango, welcome to the kirby boards! I have a similar situation to you...I live in Ithaca NY, no one's ever heard of it and NYC is a 6 hour drive away, at least. It's not farmland and such (we have 2 colleges, Ithaca College and Cornell University, which is an ivy league), but there's still no one to brawl with around here. D:
At least people know what New York is. :C

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I wanna play Brawl- Kirby and 'chu.

Imma lol when everything is more balanced than "vBrawl" and other hack versions of brawl.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Jigglypuffs shield is like twice her size. It's freaking crazy. And Kirby's suck reaches across FD and does damage while the persons stuck in it and they can't get out.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That they're not "great, and just "good"? :p

I just want to see how you play with Kirby. :/
Yeah, they all suck. I mean, it's going to be people like (amongst others) Infern, YbM, Smash 64, Fonz, Blue Rogue, AlphaZealot, and of course, the worst of them all, M2K . He's got this.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, they all suck. I mean, it's going to be people like (amongst others) Infern, YbM, Smash 64, Fonz, Blue Rogue, AlphaZealot, and of course, the worst of them all, M2K . He's got this.
I lol'd.

It would've been awesome if I could've played all of them in singles matches, and not just AZ with my ZSS... ZSS sucks against Diddy. A small, fast combo-happy character that revolver around tripping? That's hell for someone as tall and lacking-in-combo-breakers as ZSS! D: I wanted to play the rest of the guys.

Well, guess it'll just have to be some other time I go to USA. :ohwell:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I lol'd.

It would've been awesome if I could've played all of them in singles matches, and not just AZ with my ZSS... ZSS sucks against Diddy. A small, fast combo-happy character that revolver around tripping? That's hell for someone as tall and lacking-in-combo-breakers as ZSS! D: I wanted to play the rest of the guys.

Well, guess it'll just have to be some other time I go to USA. :ohwell:
Come to The Showdown in June!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409

This will be a national, with at least a $2000 pot for Brawl and $1000 for Melee... Might be more if they find more sponsors.

Okay, so I'm a Smash ACE now. Not a Journeyman, but an ACE. Fromundaman, there's so many "That's what she said" jokes to what you just said, it's sad ;).
I only see two... but jesus christ... What is it with me and making "That's what she said" worthy comments these last few days. Hell, I made at least 20 at work yesterday, all on accident...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
YbM, Smash 64, AlphaZealot
hey, I lost to those people!

ZSS, Ness, and Diddy respectively.

I have no idea what to do against ZSS >_> I moneymatched another ZSS player and lost, though I guess it helped me learn the matchup a little bit more. I had forgotten how ABSOLUTELY ******** her down B kick is. I forgot that it's super strong even after it's been out for a long time, and I can't beat it with Bair so I just have to wait and punish :/

And now I'm 0-3 against Smash 64. I can't beat good Ness players :/ I managed to beat a Ness in pools, barely, and he was .... a new player, or at least kind of new. I probably would have lost if he'd been playing longer. :/\/\/\/

So yeah, I beat ROB, Ness, and some Toon Link guy in pools, and lost to YbM's ZSS and Capem's MK. Capem placed like third. YbM placed high, not sure exactly where because results aren't up.
Then in brackets I lost to Smash 64's Ness, beat a G&W with relative ease, and then lost to AZ's Diddy. I did much, much better against AZ than I have before though (I'm 0-3 against him now) so at least I know I'm getting better at the Diddy matchup. I almost beat him on Frigate but he made a nice comeback. I wouldn't have won anyway if the stage didn't own him at one point.

I only got one match recorded :/ I moneymatched a Marth named Steel Samurai and, of course, lost. I only got the first match recorded, I'll try to get it uploaded sometime. I'm good at getting tipper Fsmashed and killed at like 70.

All in all it was a fun tournament, but it's clear I won't be able to compete with the people that go to tournies almost weekly because they're local if I don't have anyone to practice with >_>

I wanted to MM m2k but we left and I was having too much fun playing Melee and Brawl-, which is amazing. I'll just assume he would have trashed me like he did everyone else in the freaking tourney.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I main Roy in Melee now because Kirby is so ****ing terrible, but I did counterpick Kirby+Brinstar against some dude in the Melee $1 side tourney, and I almost beat him. I haven't played Kirby in a long time since I've been practicing Roy, so that's part of the reason I lost. I would've lost the set anyway because I sux. Kirby's even more amazing on Brinstar in Melee. His Downthrow is guaranteed to send them through the stage if you do it on the breakable part.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yo A1 you might want to not post that picture due to the language and whatnot

Please offer an explaination as to why "Brawl+" Kirby is broken.
she's talking about brawl "minus" which tries to balance the game by making all the characters stupidly overpowered and ridiculous. For example, when Kirby uses Stone, he makes an earthquake for as long as his Stone is touching the ground. It's the same as his "stone glitch" on the right side of Pictochat, but he can do it anywhere.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, let him post it. Not like there's any Kirby players that aren't 60-year-old virgins.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
He used ZSS against your Kirby? I would say for shame to him but I remember not going Kirby vs you. =P

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
YbM stated at Pound4 that he will take a break with Kirby and concentrate on his new secondary, ZSS.

What is it with Kirby and ZSS that we both like? I have no idea. :bee:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I never did like Zero Suit Samus. I don't know, I just don't like her. I'll stick with Kirby, Mario, and Ness then don't give a crap about the tier list. =P

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I have no idea what to do against ZSS >_> I moneymatched another ZSS player and lost, though I guess it helped me learn the matchup a little bit more. I had forgotten how ABSOLUTELY ******** her down B kick is. I forgot that it's super strong even after it's been out for a long time, and I can't beat it with Bair so I just have to wait and punish :/

All in all it was a fun tournament, but it's clear I won't be able to compete with the people that go to tournies almost weekly because they're local if I don't have anyone to practice with >_>
Was that ZSS Sole? I used to play him every now and then, so he kind of knows the Kirby MU. And by used to play him, I mean when people in my region would actually play Smash outside of tournaments. Now we don't EVER practice, but we all complain and go emo about being bad at this game... Hmmm... I wonder what might be causing that...

So yeah, I know your pain, which is frustrating considering I have literally like 15 or more players within a 1 hour drive radius from me.

i need to spend more time in this thread.
Yeah you do. Also, would it be possible for you to make a hitbox video for Usmash and pivot grab as well? (With a hurtbox bubble on the Usmash one as well).

As far as the community knows....

Uh uh! I met you! I know you're not 60! (Can't comment on the virgin part though :laugh: )

He used ZSS against your Kirby? I would say for shame to him but I remember not going Kirby vs you. =P
Except, you know, Kirby dittos are stupid...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yes it was Sole.. dammit fromundaman, why do all the people I play against have Kirby experience thanks to you or YbM but I never have experience against their characters x_x

Also, I just watched the one match I got recorded vs Steel Samurai's Marth... I get tipper Fsmashed twice and then shield broken to tipper Shieldbreaker kill at 44%...it's pretty sexy.
Still a good match though, and I can kinda see what I did wrong, I guess.
Basically, don't spotdodge, don't get shieldbroken, and don't predict him wrong. :bee:

I sent it to a friend and he'll hopefully record it so I can upload it... if not perhaps someone else here can :D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha yeah, ZSS is a pain. I know I use Mario against him now since he has trouble with fireballs and the cape, but yeah, he knows the Kirby MU from myself, YbM, and probably Keist (Mostly Keist in fact).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
So yeah, I know your pain, which is frustrating considering I have literally like 15 or more players within a 1 hour drive radius from me.
Having people close to you who you usually don't brawl is worse than having no one:(.

fromundaman said:
Uh uh! I met you! I know you're not 60! (Can't comment on the virgin part though :laugh: )
I can.
...because there's no way a competitive gamer could get laid. What, did you think there was another reason?

Top Bottom