• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

MangoAndPals

Smash Cadet

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I'm not very sexy with the fastfalls, but I can pretty much do all of that. If only I went to a tourney or have my wi-fi working to prove it :(.

I've been known to use the dair footstool combo :3. That is one sexy Kirby<3.
Seeing someone and actually doing it yourself are two whole different things. When I watched the vid I thought I was able to do all of that, and in reality I probably am. But doing it and covering many options like that guy does takes a whole lot of additional skill.

Also the dair footstool combo was literally discovered 2 days after brawl's release in Japan.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Whooa, I wasn't implying that I was a pro in Brawl. I'm not. I'm just saying that my strengths is that combo. I could never match up to that Kirby, the way he fast falls in that video is something I can't handle :lick:.

Oh yeah...I guess when you've used a character for a really long time and you see a video like that, you think to yourself, "I can probably do that". I feel like I should say something else involving that, but...I dunno :3.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I get sick the whole week and this **** shows. )=<

I don't think Kirby would have it, but it would be awesome if Kirby did. =3
Well, you never know... Diddy doesn't have a normal DACUS after all...

I need to test this. It would be too good, especially since his Usmash starts with a crouch and the hitbox stays out quite a while... God I love Usmash.

@ Flan: What exactly is piñalechuga? Is it like lechuguilla but Puerto Rican?
Piñalechuga is made up.

Piña is Pineapple.
Lechuga is lettuce.
Piñalechuga = Pineapple-Lettuce

The entire thing is a cross between 2 inside jokes coming from two different groups of friends.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kewkky MD/VA got hit by like 3 feet of snow.

=D
Isn't Mother Nature a *****?

:mad:

I know it must suck for you guys, but all I asked while I was there is a small snowfall, enough to know how it looks like and feels like in person... :(

**** you Mother Nature. :mad:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... so Kirby can in fact do that DACUS thing, but his DACUS isn't too good anyway, so it isn't too terribly useful. I can really only see it being useful out of aerials.

I don't know... it has some uses, but it's nowhere near AS useful as Diddy's...

I've never seen snow either Kewkky......

Let's race! First to see snow wins! Ready? GO!

EDIT: First to see snow 'in person' wins. >_> lol loopholes

~Shao~

Smash Ace
I feel your pain Kewk. When I travelled to Chile with my family back in '06, it stopped snowing in Santiago the day before we arrived, and started to snow again the day after we left :/ But I got to see snow when we went to the mountains to ski.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I feel your pain Kewk. When I travelled to Chile with my family back in '06, it stopped snowing in Santiago the day before we arrived, and started to snow again the day after we left :/ But I got to see snow when we went to the mountains to ski.
Well, at least you got to have fun with snow. All there was while I was at Pound4 were piles of ice here and there... That's no fun. Most fun I had was exhaling. Imagine how disappointed I was. >_>

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I only saw snow twice in my lifetime. Be grateful, you two, snow never appears in South Carolina ;_;.
I live in Puerto Rico, eternally wrapped in summer. I can't even drive to a snow-filled state, gotta waste at LEAST $300.00 for each taste of winter.

How am I grateful again? :urg:

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I live in Puerto Rico, eternally wrapped in summer. I can't even drive to a snow-filled state, gotta waste at LEAST $300.00 for each taste of winter.

How am I grateful again? :urg:
I was born there, so I know how the weather feels like. It's really identical to South Carolina's weather, it's always so hot here, even in the winter it's always at least 50 Degrees Farenheight :ohwell:.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I was born there, so I know how the weather feels like. It's really identical to South Carolina's weather, it's always so hot here, even in the winter it's always at least 50 Degrees Farenheight :ohwell:.
Ooooo, a puertorrican! Well, you must know my disappointment.

Anyway, yeah, DACUS. Fromundaman, no chance you can upload replays/save it, send it to someone and have them upload it? :/

I'm gonna be switching to that controller when you give it back.

No controller = Bye bye TWiNKatGC forever.... AND EVER!...... Or at least until I can find one on eBay (since GC controllers aren't being made anymore).

My premium runs out Febuary 10th. :(

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Isn't Mother Nature a *****?

:mad:

I know it must suck for you guys, but all I asked while I was there is a small snowfall, enough to know how it looks like and feels like in person... :(

**** you Mother Nature. :mad:
Lol it feels depressing! =D

I never thought shoveling 3 feet of snow would be this awful =3

Lol I'm about to go mail you some snow. =D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How far is it?
Well, you have to keep in mind that DACUS's done this way have a different range than the normal ones, but it's about the same as Falco's when he does it this way, so not too bad, but not great. If done incorrectly, it goes about the distance of Mario's, meaning absolutely nowhere...

I might be able to get Alus to upload a video of it I guess, but it's nothing spectacular, or even hard to do. Just go into training mode, keep trying until you can do it with Diddy (His seems to be the most useful so far, and the easiest to see if you did it right with), and when you can, do the same thing with Kirby.

Here's how to do it:

1) Random Move... For example Fair, right before you land
2) You land while the animation hasnt end
3) You should now be in the Fair Landing Lag Animation
4) Here you press Analog Stick Forward + C-Up ONCE and at the same time/frame (That means you dont hold the analog stick)
5) Now you mash C-Up

If you dont do Step 5, you should do an DA as soon as possible (After the landing lag of the fair)

You could try this first to get it like 50% consistent.

After you got this just do Step 5.

At least it worked for me, hopefully I could help ^^
This works the same way for moves, spotdodges, shield drops, etc. Anything with buffer frames works.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
So I went to this tourney yesterday.(I totally failed T_T) I was in this annoying pool with a ZSS, a Marth, 3 Snakes(including Ally >_<) and a Yoshi I dont remember the other 2. I was 2-0ed by EVERYONE (except one of the Snakes) T_T

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I wen't to a tournament yesterday too. I did extremely well. Beat some amazing players, and lost to an olimar (Hilt). Ended up with 2nd. I also won doubles so yay! Midwest kirbys need to get together so we can show everyone that kirby is an amazing character :3.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So I went to this tourney yesterday.(I totally failed T_T) I was in this annoying pool with a ZSS, a Marth, 3 Snakes(including Ally >_<) and a Yoshi I dont remember the other 2. I was 2-0ed by EVERYONE (except one of the Snakes) T_T
That calls for some Hyperbolic Time Chamber action. Time to look for videos, theorize, and learn by yourself since depending on others actually hinders your improvement!

... I'm serious in what I said, by the way. Learning directly from other players isn't the best way to improve. Might I suggest picking up different characters? maybe a good high-tiered secondary? Lower tiers are all nice, but you want to improve, not push your current skill to its limits.

I wen't to a tournament yesterday too. I did extremely well. Beat some amazing players, and lost to an olimar (Hilt). Ended up with 2nd. I also won doubles so yay! Midwest kirbys need to get together so we can show everyone that kirby is an amazing character :3.
I might not be midwest, but I bet I left some good impressions with the people I played with!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh. =C

On the plus side Feb. 10th is 2/10

Second and Tenth letters of the alphabet. ;)

There. Now it's awesome.
Oh my God. *facepalm*

I just got it. :chuckle:

Haha, I bet you did. I heard you were really good :D. @ Kewkky :p
Awesomeeeee! I've always wanted to be a light-speeding ghost so I could fly over to people whenever they talk about me, to see what they say
including non-Smash stuff! Paranoia much?
... But I'll just eat my curiosity up, since ignorance is bliss sometimes. :D

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
That calls for some Hyperbolic Time Chamber action. Time to look for videos, theorize, and learn by yourself since depending on others actually hinders your improvement!

... I'm serious in what I said, by the way. Learning directly from other players isn't the best way to improve. Might I suggest picking up different characters? maybe a good high-tiered secondary? Lower tiers are all nice, but you want to improve, not push your current skill to its limits.
I already use Marth for match-ups I cant stand as Kirby. (like GAW, ZSS and others)
Watching video all I've doing since my Wii is broken and Zetsu's a goblin. xD

Top Bottom