• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This is why we're confused:

Just thought i`d clear the air. I was kidding when I said I was maining Mario/Trainer/Lucas. Ness is the only character I can legit have a chance at winning anything with. Itd be great if I could carpool w/ someone for No Koast, and any other upcoming tourneys. I need to re-establish my PK-**** status that has slowly seemed to fade. Where are the tournaments? Link me please
Remember this? This was a very interesting day for KC Brawl. You wanted to win. And PK ****.

I'll be there. Go ahead and add me to the list of attendence. Yink this sounds fun and all, but are you not banning DDD/DK/Squirtle/Charizards/Marth's infinite chaingrab release on Ness/Lucas? I didnt see that in the rules anywhere. If so, I won't make it far at all in the bracket.
You recently noted how you have a desire to go far in bracket. AND cared enough about that endeavor to complain about a rulesset of a tournament in Iowa.

Naturally I read between the lines that you were serious and wanted to win.

And if you don't want to admit to asking us for help that's fine. I don't record all of my personal conversations so I won't hold you to the fact that you have consistently told/texted/mentioned you wanted help with numerous players here. It just sort of makes me wonder why you would consistently keep playing against better players and lose if it wasn't in the name of getting better. That can't be fun, losing consistently.

MJG

Smash Hero
To be fair, no one can really say that they don't want to win. It might not be a big deal to lose at something, but "most" people are not ok with accepting a loss.

@Rockstar: In regards to you saying that "I can't remember saying that" when it came to winning, I know for a fact that you want to be better at this game. I don't think someone who didn't care about the game enough to get better would text someone else for advice on learning Match Ups and different aspects of the game :awesome:

Rockstar

Smash Ace
This is why we're confused:

Remember this? This was a very interesting day for KC Brawl. You wanted to win. And PK ****.

You recently noted how you have a desire to go far in bracket. AND cared enough about that endeavor to complain about a rulesset of a tournament in Iowa.

Naturally I read between the lines that you were serious and wanted to win.

And if you don't want to admit to asking us for help that's fine. I don't record all of my personal conversations so I won't hold you to the fact that you have consistently told/texted/mentioned you wanted help with numerous players here. It just sort of makes me wonder why you would consistently keep playing against better players and lose if it wasn't in the name of getting better. That can't be fun, losing consistently.
Your right. Actually youve been right all along. I've been thinking about quitting really recently. That might be a good idea. It'd be a win win situation. For 1- You all know I suck. It's been established plenty of times. 2- Ive spent alot of time on this game and it's getting me nowhere. Losing consistently isnt fun.

Your opinions, along with Fino have made it clear that Smash isn't a good idea for me. Rockstar/ Jai / Whatever you want to call me is close to retiring.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
It doesnt matter. I said what I need to say. You all know that i'm horrible at this game. Im stupid. All this time i've spent, and no good outcome. It's ridiculous. Im just going to give up. It's not worth it. You are right. Losing consistently is no fun at all. Getting wrecked every match isn't good. It's starting to tell me something. I should remove myself from the smash community.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Idk why people expect to be great in a little amount of time. Obviously it takes practice. People are senseless. smh

:troll:

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
but i was sucking at this level long before you were boy :O hell i sucked at SDI before even arkive made his own SDI video, which is actually surprisingly similar except he thought that there was no QCDI in brawl

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Nah, man. You were probably making love with your controller and calling that sucking with SDI. And when I say making love, I mean just mashing out of control. :troll:

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I don't really know you guys too well, but from what I've gathered in the last couple pages...

Rockstar: You need to get your past, expectations and incentives in check and stick to one story. You can't be wishy washy in life, it'll come back to bite you a lot harder than this. This is coming both from Lux verbally butt-f***ing you in the last two pages on top of you lying to your mother on the way back from Iowa.

Lux: You're a douche.

Fino: <3

Stealth: Your posts are meaningless.

MJ: <3

Dnyce

Smash Master
Man... I was under the impression that... I was being a lot meaner... but I get the heart =D

Smash Lord
Man why so much hate guys? I thought that the reason a lot of us that we played this game was the community being so good.

Edit: I'm reconsidering coming into the game. I played a little over Spring Break after this 4 month hiatus and it actually felt good to. If the meetings are on Mondays I probably won't stop by, but if you guys move them to Friday or Saturday I'd be open to it. I'm only in KC for 3-4 more weeks so it's not a big thing if you guys can't.
I could host on Fridays if I could get people confirmed.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
when were my posts ever meaningful? O.o oh well

Also you should come to smashfests on mondays :O
Oh. I meant to say "still meaningless." My fault.

Sorry, Mondays are usually open but I'm doing intramural soccer then. Fridaysss.

Man... I was under the impression that... I was being a lot meaner... but I get the heart =D
I just wanted to give you a heart 'cause we down. Ya her dat? Word.

L. afk.

Man why so much hate guys? I thought that the reason a lot of us that we played this game was the community being so good.
I honestly didn't intend to attack Rockstar if that's the way it came off. I was just saying that he lacks a lot of stability. I think all of the other ones are self explanatory.

Don't forget we got a MM Ares.
...I want in on a money match...

DeLux

So if any of you are down with the beer pong, my friend and I are going to throw an impromptu get together around it in Lawrence if anyone wants to come. It'll be tomorrow at some point, text me for details.

It's not a huge party or something, so if BP gets boring, I could bring my wii to brawl for a bit as well

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I don't have a whole lot going down tonight. If I head to OP or Lenexa for the night to Smash, is there a place for me to crash?

@Rob: I don't know? Are they good? I didn't know this was an issue. <3

Edit: Won't head up to OP until Saturday night.

DeLux

Having not gone hard for months, I realized 5 games in that I'd gone soft.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash today at my house, usual time 5:30 to 11:00pm. Directions are on first post.

Be warned: Some kind of feverish head cold hit me yesterday and I'm still recovering today. Boost your immune system with a Vitamin C/E supplement (can get them at gas stations) and wash your hands... or better yet don't come if you're afraid of getting it. It may have been a cold... whatever it was, Ibuprofin relieved it.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
That lack of trust. Tell your dad he should come by and meet us some time.

The fact that this all takes place at the basement of my own uptight parents' home kind of negates 100% of all possibility of wild drunk parties or hookers.

Top Bottom