• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Dnyce

Smash Master
In my defense... his signature is " 'Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't a fighting game.' - Daigo 'The Beast' Umehara" and most of his posts involved hard-core bashing brawl. He also enjoyed trolling the hell out of brawl players at JCCC back when we used to play in the corner lounge.

Hondafoo isn't like that ;o

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I only troll Chicago area Melee players while pretending to be a black 35 yr old Yoshi main from SoCal

aggghhhh Fino stole my font color

btw I think Danny was being sarcastic, he knows who I am :)

Dnyce

Smash Master
I only troll Chicago area Melee players while pretending to be a black 35 yr old Yoshi main from SoCal

aggghhhh Fino stole my font color

btw I think Danny was being sarcastic, he knows who I am :)
hmmm... I must find a new one then! *looks*

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Right Honda, we should hate you for NOT PLAYING BRAWL in a while. Not that you play melee.

PS: I hate you until Wednesday.

DeLux

There's some student union activities sponsored tournament for KU students with free entry and gift cards as prize. I think it'll be free for all with items.

A bunch of us are going to go to see if we can't recruit more people to bring to Wichita for you.

Although I might not be going down for a while because I'm leaving for socal from 2 weeks - 6 months. Not sure yet for how long.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Brawl tomorrow (Monday) At my house same time as usual 5:30-11:00pm. Directions to my place are on first post.

(that last part spoken in vain hope someone new sees this post which has never happened and everyone has learned about my weekly smashfest through somebody else)

I will be in Lawrence on Wednesday. I get out of lab some time between 4:00 and 5:00. Can I get some specific information about what's happening wednesday?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I totally want to be King Wii

Blake you're a KU student aren't you? If it's indeed FFA let's put the unspoken Smash code of conduct into play

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i assume anyone in the kc smash scene teams up against anyone not in the kc smash scene if they are ever in the same match. had it happen at an old wichita melee tourney at WSU years ago. me and attack storm were the best two players, but attackstorm got third and me fourth with these three guys (who were pretty decent but not on the same level as me or attackstorm) got first, second, and fifth. i was fairly salty after that

DeLux

I work until 6 and then I have to shop for my internship so count me out.

Sorry guys, I'll see most of you at the thing on Wednesday, but for probably anywhere between a month to Five months it'll be BBL.

I'd definitely be back by August for school i'd assume.

DeLux

Does anyone
that I CAN'T beat in the ditto (meaning not you Fino)
know anything useful about the Pit metagame? I'm talking practical stuff in setting up kill options for the most part.

I don't even know where to start. Pit guides did not help. About to watch videos.

DeLux

Man, you're in the smash lab now. You're supposed to research public requests and get back to me.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
In order to beat Pit mains, you have to understand the dynamic of arrow looping. Once you get that all they will do aim arrows at you and bair you to get the kills, you'll understand the match up better. Good Luck on your findings.

DeLux

lol. I'm having trouble with Pit being fairly average in terms of speed (14th in nearly ever mechanic value that quantifies "speed"), so I'm having a hard time keeping people zoned in order to camp. Set ups for kill moves aren't very obvious to me yet. How to manipulate his entire viable moveset is also presenting a challenge.

But I only have a primitive understanding of the character.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I've played against MysteriousSilver, ShermantheTank and Ky, all 3 pit Mains, and one of them is an excellent player, so I could help you with the Wolf-Pit match-up specifically, but seriously, arrow loop-bair is the way I go for kills when I get Pit on random, no joke. D-air is a good kill move when they are attacking you from below and it isn't Meta-Knight. Most people expect you to do F-smash, but F-tilt is honestly the better kill move at high%s.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The first hit of Pit's F-smash is easily SDI'able that I don't even have to worry about Pit trying to F-smash me. In fact, I let him F-smash me so that I can pop behind him and punish accordingly. :awesome:

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
FYI to a few of you, I'm not going to that KU Brawl tourney tomorrow anymore, mostly because I don't have the time to spare, but also because they're requiring everyone to use Wiimotes...ew

Rockstar

Smash Ace
FYI to a few of you, I'm not going to that KU Brawl tourney tomorrow anymore, mostly because I don't have the time to spare, but also because they're requiring everyone to use Wiimotes...ew
Ive been through that before. Ness is not awful with just a wiimote. Just PkFire, PkThunder. Won me $75 bucks. And (Lux) if you go and dont get first( like I did), that gives me the right to say that whoever beats you is one of the top players in our community. Just like you told me, when I came in second.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Ive been through that before. Ness is not awful with just a wiimote. Just PkFire, PkThunder. Won me $75 bucks. And (Lux) if you go and dont get first( like I did), that gives me the right to say that whoever beats you is one of the top players in our community. Just like you told me, when I came in second.
Someone is mad.

Though didn't lux JUST say he wasn't entering? lol.

Top Bottom